Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 7, 2022 3:46 AM

Sep 2016
It is hated by edgy cringelords, who defy the norms of pathetic grey mass, because it is very popular

It is also hated by an army of Fate fans who go crazy everytime someone says something like "ah, ufotable, that's the guys who made Kimetsu no Yaiba, right?"

idk how you can hate this anime. Solely because of the insane graphics and masterpieve soundtracks it is already one of the best

Nov 7, 2022 3:49 AM
Jan 2019
scrapertoop said:
Personally I love the anime and manga too. I find Tanjiro a good MC and the side characters are great too. But for some reason i have been seeing hate towards the anime. Share your thoughts on why you hate the anime.

For me personally, Its fun to watch but what ruins it is that it sometimes has those “shoney” moments where its goofy even though its a darker anime. I just wish it was a bit more consistent.
Nov 7, 2022 3:51 AM

Jun 2021
IMO, it is just a standard shonen show with nothing that stands out. Yes, the animation is good but when you think about it everything other than the animation is just a basic story, cringy dialogues, humour that gets a laugh out of you once or twice and characters that are annoying af. The first season did have some faults here and there but it was pretty good(I still think episode 19 of S1 is one of the best episodes in anime)-- and then there was this clusterfuck of a 2nd season. I don't understand why ppl like the show to the extent they think its top 3 new gen but hey your opinion is yours and my opinion is that Demon slayer, which is acclaimed to be peak anime, in reality is just mid.
Nov 7, 2022 3:54 AM
May 2020
I personally don't like how people treat it as the second coming of AOT when it's really not
Nov 7, 2022 4:23 AM
Feb 2021
scrapertoop said:
Personally I love the anime and manga too. I find Tanjiro a good MC and the side characters are great too. But for some reason i have been seeing hate towards the anime. Share your thoughts on why you hate the anime.

Don’t hate it I just think it’s flawed and not as good as everyone says, low 8/10 for me. Find the characters to be a bit too dimensional, and it does a few shonen tropes I absolutely hate *cough* ep 19 Giyu *cough*

And before anyone quotes me going “JJK MOMENT” yes, I like jjk more, I do not care if it offends you for whatever reason, I can enjoy both while having a favorite
Nov 7, 2022 4:42 AM
Jun 2022
people hate it because

everywhere you see they only talk about the animation (which in mugen train wasn't that good if you know even a little bit of animation) ,

The story was very rushed at the end ,

people couldn't connect to rengoku because he died so fast (in movie,not in that short series)(i also saw many people crying over rengoku on tik tok and insta which felt really fake),

tanjiro converting into demon at the end was really unnecessary because it was already a good ending without it and also made it look even more rushed.
Nov 7, 2022 4:49 AM
Sep 2021
I personally love the show and manga,.but I would say it's kinda overrated, for me it's kinda the fans to that ruin the show because they have only seen the first season and have never read the manga, thou they haven't done any of that they act like they know everything about the demon slayer universe. Let me know if u have encountered one of these people or agree to disagree with my opinion.
Nov 7, 2022 4:51 AM
Sep 2021
Spoonmaster12 said:
Literally every anime will get hate. You won't find a single series that doesn't get hate.

I've been saying that forever! thank u. sometimes even the big three get hate and that will never change, people have there opinions on what they like, that will never change.
Nov 7, 2022 4:52 AM

Oct 2014
It's hated because it's so well loved. The more people something is the more people feel like they need to vocalize their hate for it. Sometimes they just feel the need to express how unique they are, but sometimes they legitimately think everyone else is stupid for enjoying it and they're one of the chosen ones for realizing how bad it really is. People hate less popular shows too, but people don't talk about those in general so there's no value in expressing how much you hate them since no one is around to listen.
Nov 7, 2022 5:01 AM

Sep 2020
AD forum users try to accept other opinions and not falling for bait hate thread challenge IMPOSSIBLE 100% RUN
Nov 7, 2022 5:18 AM
Sep 2022
Spoonmaster12 said:
Literally every anime will get hate. You won't find a single series that doesn't get hate.

That's a tried and true aspect of anime and basically anything, there will be ppl who love something and others hating that thing, saying that there's something that has never gotten hate is plain wrong since we all have our own likes and dislikes which will ofc have someone agree of disagree with you
Nov 7, 2022 5:40 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Imagine if Isekai Cheat Magician became the most popular anime ever, that's Demon Slayer.
Nov 7, 2022 5:45 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Because they are typical salty jealous people, do not worry :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 7, 2022 5:58 AM

Apr 2019
because its just yet another shonen adaption which only became popular because of its animation? which while technically good etc obv cant fix the plot etc soooooooooooooo
obv ppl are annoyed to see such a series being successful
Nov 7, 2022 6:06 AM
Jul 2018
People always take jabs at it for the quality of the animation in comparison to the originality of its story. Which, I'm not going to say that the story of Demon Slayer is the greatest thing out there. But it's pretty entertaining. But people are going to complain about anything. Most entertainment isn't completely original in ideas. So, these people might as well find something else to do with their time if they expect every TV show to be something original.
removed-userNov 7, 2022 6:11 AM
Nov 7, 2022 6:12 AM
Oct 2021
scrapertoop said:

probably because it became so popular out of nowhere, while being not that great as other series.
Nov 7, 2022 6:45 AM
Jun 2020
Basically the fans praise the living shit out of it and their annoying. That's pretty much it. Also the story isn't great but that's just my opinion
Nov 7, 2022 6:46 AM
Aug 2021
I think in the anime community there is a lot of people who ranks animes by it's "complexity". Like, that kind of people who says things like "if it doesn't has a complex/heavy power system like HxH and a super deep story that makes me rethink my life choices then it's trash".
Nov 7, 2022 7:04 AM

Nov 2020
Spoonmaster12 said:
Duh, but the amount of hate is relevant
Nov 7, 2022 7:11 AM

Nov 2020
In my opinion, it's a generic story with basic characters and dumb jokes. Nothing to write home about aside from stellar animation and Yuki Kajiura's OST.
IzuKei said:
I think in the anime community there is a lot of people who ranks animes by it's "complexity". Like, that kind of people who says things like "if it doesn't has a complex/heavy power system like HxH and a super deep story that makes me rethink my life choices then it's trash".
Isn't it logical to rate more impressive anime higher?
Nov 7, 2022 7:17 AM
May 2020
Its popular to hate on popular anime, for legitimate and illegitimate reasons. One piece is a good example of this, people generally hate on it because the guy before him did. The story is mid sure but the characters and fights make up for it in my opinion.
Nov 7, 2022 7:28 AM
Jul 2018
I would not say that it "is hated"

I personally see three categories of people regarding their opinion about DS:

1. The ones who think DS is one of the best anime ever just because they only have surface anime knowledge and watch only shows that are popular nowadays OR they just like well animated battle shounen (can't judge anybody).

2. The ones who think that DS is a mid show because characters are unidimensional, the plot is generic and too shounen-ish: Tanjirou's unnatural motivation to turn his sister back to normal, the classic trio, the fact that the MC has hidden special abilities and a tragic backstory, the line between evil and good is too obvious, and the plot is predictable.

3.The ones who totally hate DS because they think its a garbage in writting and only carried by its gorgeous
animation. They are literally offensed by generic battle shounens.

Yep , and that's all.
Nov 7, 2022 7:35 AM
Aug 2021
MarkVijet said:
In my opinion, it's a generic story with basic characters and dumb jokes. Nothing to write home about aside from stellar animation and Yuki Kajiura's OST.
IzuKei said:

Yup, you are right. But it's also true that "originality" is a problematic measurement tool, since editors will always try that the story you write as a mangaka/novelist fits certain standards that "sells well", and if it's your main income source then you want it too. I think that "how well you use the tools you have (characters, world building, etc) to tell the story you want to tell" is a better measurement tool.

That idea also makes those animes that are unique like Monogatari, more special and wonderful.
Nov 7, 2022 7:45 AM
Aug 2021
Any big hit will get hate, always.
Spy X Family got hate... like, SPY X FAMILY one the chillest animes
Nov 7, 2022 8:08 AM

Nov 2020
Rinkashikachi said:
It is hated by edgy cringelords, who defy the norms of pathetic grey mass, because it is very popular

It is also hated by an army of Fate fans who go crazy everytime someone says something like "ah, ufotable, that's the guys who made Kimetsu no Yaiba, right?"

idk how you can hate this anime. Solely because of the insane graphics and masterpieve soundtracks it is already one of the best
Sadly, plot and characters matter too
IzuKei said:
MarkVijet said:

Yup, you are right. But it's also true that "originality" is a problematic measurement tool, since editors will always try that the story you write as a mangaka/novelist fits certain standards that "sells well", and if it's your main income source then you want it too. I think that "how well you use the tools you have (characters, world building, etc) to tell the story you want to tell" is a better measurement tool.

That idea also makes those animes that are unique like Monogatari, more special and wonderful.
You're right in a way, but I don't think viewers should concern themselves with what is happening behind the scenes. I'm judging the product, not the process which made it
Nov 7, 2022 8:11 AM

Jun 2009
Everything that's super popular gets it's share of hate. Especially if it doesn't deserve the popularity because it's actually just mediocre.

Rinkashikachi said:

Well some people care more about story and characters, instead of shallow stuff like music and animation.
grandy_UiDNov 7, 2022 8:14 AM
Nov 7, 2022 8:14 AM

Sep 2016
MarkVijet said:
Rinkashikachi said:

IzuKei said:

You're right in a way, but I don't think viewers should concern themselves with what is happening behind the scenes. I'm judging the product, not the process which made it

plot and characters are at least average among the genre. Hating average goes back to my first point.

There is a couple of great characters and plot twists like killing one of the most loved of them. this doesn't make characters and plot masterpieces, but it adds

Nov 7, 2022 8:17 AM

Sep 2016
grandy_UiD said:
Everything that's super popular gets it's share of hate. Especially if it doesn't deserve the popularity because it's actually just mediocre.

Rinkashikachi said:

Well some people care more about story and characters, instead of shallow stuff like music and animation.

Imagine calling two types of art "shallow" almost with elitist disgust while having the audacity to present yourself as a person who understands art and has IQ above 0

Nov 7, 2022 8:18 AM

Sep 2020
ktg said:
AwokenStroken said:
On how I think it's flawed? I've wrote a review of it compiling my thoughts and feelings https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=401803 If you truly wish to know :)

I've read 3 of your paragraph. It is easy to critisize something if you lie about it.
I didn't find any truth in those 3 paragraph, but nice try.

what did i lie about?
Nov 7, 2022 8:18 AM

Jun 2009
Rinkashikachi said:
grandy_UiD said:

Imagine calling two types of art "shallow" almost with elitist disgust while having the audacity to present yourself as a person who understands art and has IQ above 0

Who tf said anything about "art"? We talkin' anime here lol.
Nov 7, 2022 8:19 AM

Nov 2020
Rinkashikachi said:
MarkVijet said:

plot and characters are at least average among the genre. Hating average goes back to my first point.

There is a couple of great characters and plot twists like killing one of the most loved of them. this doesn't make characters and plot masterpieces, but it adds
wow never done before
Nov 7, 2022 8:20 AM

Sep 2016
grandy_UiD said:
Rinkashikachi said:

music and graphics are literally art. If they are shallow to you, you don't know crap about characters and story either. It is just "hahaha this guy cool, haha this story interesting"

Nov 7, 2022 8:24 AM

Sep 2016
MarkVijet said:
Rinkashikachi said:

wow never done before

"Wow, it was done before, so I am going to hate it"

that's how you sound right now. Before you blame me in misunderstanding your message, pls consider rereading the topic name. Because right now you are defending the hate towards something that's just not original in everything. You defend it by arguing with my position of why it shouldn't be hated. I said that something should not be hated for averageness. you got into an argument with me.

If that's not your intention, than I suggest you to just leave this conversation.

If that's indeed your intention than you are one of those cringelords and I don't want to waste my time on you.
RinkashikachiNov 7, 2022 8:27 AM

Nov 7, 2022 8:25 AM

Jun 2009
Rinkashikachi said:
grandy_UiD said:

music and graphics are literally art. If they are shallow to you, you don't know crap about characters and story either. It is just "hahaha this guy cool, haha this story interesting"

Yeah, the "artistic value" of the drawings of your chinese cartoon is literally zero. At least a good story and characters are somewhat memorable, regardless of what they look or sound like. What will people be talking about in ten or twenty years? "Yeah, you remember how that one sword stroke in episode 17 of KnY looked really awesome"? Surely not.
Nov 7, 2022 8:26 AM

Sep 2016
grandy_UiD said:
Rinkashikachi said:

Yeah, the "artistic value" of the drawings of your chinese cartoon is literally zero. At least a good story and characters are somewhat memorable, regardless of what they look or sound like. What will people be talking about in ten or twenty years? "Yeah, you remember how that one sword stroke in episode 17 of KnY looked really awesome"? Surely not.

Lmao, dug yourself pretty deep. My point stands, done with you

Nov 7, 2022 8:30 AM

Nov 2020
Rinkashikachi said:
MarkVijet said:
wow never done before

that's how you sound right now. Before you blame me in misunderstanding your message, pls consider rereading the topic name. Because right now you are defending the hate towards something that's just not original in everything. You defend it by arguing with my position of why it shouldn't be hated.

If that's not your intention, than I suggest you to just leave this conversation.

If that's indeed your intention than you are one of those cringelords and I don't want to waste my time on you.
I mean, I do dislike Demon Slayer lmao, of course I'd defend the hate.
Nov 7, 2022 8:32 AM

Sep 2016
MarkVijet said:
Rinkashikachi said:

that's how you sound right now. Before you blame me in misunderstanding your message, pls consider rereading the topic name. Because right now you are defending the hate towards something that's just not original in everything. You defend it by arguing with my position of why it shouldn't be hated.

There is a huge difference between dislike and hate. Sadly for a guy with 13 y.o. emotional intellect there are only two colors of black and white. And I can't do anything to help you with that, so good luck

Nov 7, 2022 8:33 AM

Nov 2020
Rinkashikachi said:
MarkVijet said:

There is a huge difference between dislike and hate. Sadly for a guy with 13 y.o. emotional intellect there are only two colors of black and white. And I can't do anything to help you with that, so good luck
Hate is a stronger word for dislike, yes. And why are you so much on the offensive? It's not like I insulted you at any point
Nov 7, 2022 8:38 AM

Jun 2021
Okuuta said:

1. The ones who think DS is one of the best anime ever just because they only have surface anime knowledge and watch only shows that are popular nowadays OR they just like well animated battle shounen (can't judge anybody).

2. The ones who think that DS is a mid show because characters are unidimensional, the plot is generic and too shounen-ish: Tanjirou's unnatural motivation to turn his sister back to normal, the classic trio, the fact that the MC has hidden special abilities and a tragic backstory, the line between evil and good is too obvious, and the plot is predictable.

3.The ones who totally hate DS because they think its a garbage in writting and only carried by its gorgeous

Yep , and that's all.

Yupp and I'm part of the 2nd category🤷‍♂️
Nov 7, 2022 8:41 AM
Aug 2022
I like the fights and the graphics of demon slayer but there is no story and the ending is not good
Nov 7, 2022 9:05 AM

Jun 2009
Rinkashikachi said:
grandy_UiD said:

Lmao, dug yourself pretty deep. My point stands, done with you

I'm sure you could never hate or even dislike a pretty person. After all, they are pretty. Doesn't matter if they have a shitty or just bland and boring personality. As long as they look nice, they are one of the best. Inner values don't matter.

An anime would also be "one of the best" if it was literally some turds barfing out other turds, as long as the turds are nicely animated and the soundtrack was incredible, right?

To me, soundtrack and animation/art direction can totally add to the experience of a show (or detract from it, if they are truly terrible) but they can never truly carry a show by themselves. Yes, I consider them MUCH less important than plot and/or characters and therefore I consider judging a show mainly on looks/sound to be shallow, within the medium (and obviously I think that my opinion on that is the corrent one). That is obviously not true when it comes to judging paintings, music by itself etc.

That being said, I don't actually hate KnY lol. What I hate are people that claim it's one of the best shows ever solely "because it looks really cool, dude" and don't get tired of shoving that opinion down other people's throats.

Okuuta said:

Yep , and that's all.

My man here knows what's up. Very well put.
Nov 7, 2022 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
The problem with demon slayer is it's shallow characterization and simple/repetitive plot. The battle scenes are well done though so I couldn't give it a 5, rather a 6 I felt was the best rating. The character I liked the most, Giyu, doesn't really get any development; the entire time the show focused on tanjiro, which I also didn't particular enjoy.
removed-userNov 7, 2022 5:17 PM
Nov 7, 2022 9:24 AM
Oct 2021
abdullahnaeemq said:
demon slayer is mid, personally 4/10

Says the person who gave Rent a girlfriend a 9 .
Nov 7, 2022 9:26 AM
Jul 2022
scrapertoop said:

It’s not for everyone and some characters people just don’t like I don’t like zenitsu at all. Also the story kinda bland at times the characters are good tho
Nov 7, 2022 9:27 AM
Feb 2021
I think it is probably because of how fast it got popular and the toxic fanbase, to me it's just another shonen with great animation, it's definitely a good show for beginners, but for someone who has seen almost every shonen it's really repetitive and nothing new
Nov 7, 2022 9:37 AM
Jul 2021
scrapertoop said:

People who take weebism way too seriously and nit puck on little details instead of just enjoying the show like a normal person seem to think that demon slayer is only good because of its animations, though personally i loved it
Nov 7, 2022 10:10 AM
Oct 2022
I don't think people who just started watching anime hate it . I also don't hate it but after watching some other shonen animes I feel it has nothing extraordinary for people like me who like more dark , psychological stuff (ofcourse i don't expect that from these kind of generic shonen animes). Have a good day whoever is reading this. 😄
Nov 7, 2022 10:13 AM
Jun 2021
People can't live without hating something that is popular for some reason

According to me, KNY is a hit or miss show where it is definitely an easy show to watch for the beginners and is kind of generic which can be annoying sometimes for the old ones & I actually didn't got that feel from the few manga panels but the anime adaptation is on another level!

One more thing, follow these steps if you find someone calling it "mid" without explanation:

1. Just get a glance & don't read
2. Just laugh for 2 minutes
3. Read the name of that person
4. Pray for his family & the person who invented the word "Logic"
5. Laugh once again & swipe away
Nov 7, 2022 10:30 AM
Jun 2020
Demon slayer got some bada$$ animation. But i have read the manga. Seriously story is really mid. in fact below average. none of the characters are compelling, dynamic or exciting. The only upper hand demon slayer got is its animation and fighting sequences which are pretty much great and exciting.
The most probable reason for the hate it gets is due to its story line and overhyped establishment.
Nov 7, 2022 11:10 AM
Feb 2022
It’s not, look at the score g. It’s like this weird hipster thing fools do.. I don’t get it. Contrarians gonna contrarian
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by HaremSevdalisi »»
Yesterday, 2:13 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.