Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 5, 2022 9:09 PM

Aug 2021
Of course, I am talking about Misato and Shinji scenes. When I first watched Neon Genesis Evangelion, I just got a wholesome mother/son dynamic from Misato and Shinji in earlier episodes, I really love it. There are moments where I sympathized with Misato for her not being able to be a good mother figure for Shinji because she has tons of mental issues. This movie took all of the flaws that Misato has in the Original NGE and made it a hundred times bigger and more fucked up.

This scene has very explicit pedophilic undertones to it. After rewatching NGE, I can't help just feel like this is the inevitable outcome.

Nov 5, 2022 9:18 PM
Jun 2022
i don't understand why people make so much fuss about a story. there isn't a single pedophile scene. and misato kissing Shinji is to just comfort Shinji. men and boys are supposed to have good time of life so. misato don't have any sexual attraction towards him. don't make unnecessary fuss about something that's actual part of story. I'm glad NGE was released way too early and not now or it would have been cancelled by people like you.
mr_simp2000Nov 5, 2022 9:29 PM
Nov 5, 2022 9:27 PM

Apr 2022
mr_simp2000 said:
i don't understand why people make so much fuss about a story. there isn't a single pedophile scene. and misato kissing Shinji is to just comfort Shinji. misato don't have any sexual attraction towards him. don't make unnecessary fuss about something that's actual part of story. I'm glad NGE was released way too early and not now or it would have been cancelled by people like you.

completely agree here. ain't that deep.
Nov 5, 2022 9:38 PM
Oct 2022
Look, i understand the point you are making and its ok/normal to think something like that. But as you mentioned, in NGE is very clear that big flaw of Misato(use sex as means to ensure value and to comunnicate/connect with others), as you mentioned in the comentary.

In End of Evangelion all the characters dramas and flaws are HEAVILY empahtized, and the movie itself takes a much more destructible way (because a lot of things, mostly reactions of NGE public that caused theats and danger to anno and the gainax studio. You can ensure that by looking at some of the IRL footage that was in the movie or BY looking on some entreviews or resarches), and that is the main motive of this.

But even if its a fair opinion to dislike or feel unconfortable, i dont think there is a need to overthink on that. The problematic scene youre refering to ocourrs on a moment that is like the “appocalipse”, everyone was going to die and misato was literaly shot on that moment. The act that she does was merely to induce Shinji to care about something enought to act and try to solve something(not saying that is right, au contrair, its a Sin, a fail thing, that is excelent considering her characterization), considering that in the start of the movie (after kaworu s death) he was “imobilized”. The text is kinda big but i think is good to point some things out, anyway, that is it, hope you get well with this and forget those bad feelings, allways aprecciate diferent opinions and discussions about this show :)
Nov 5, 2022 9:54 PM

Dec 2021
How did a kiss scene give you nightmares? Sure, it did give off pedophile vibes, but I was more concerned about Rei turning into this gigantic angel and wiping out the entire world (excluding Shinji and Asuka).
Nge is full of crazy shit, just gotta learn to not take it to heart.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2022 10:02 PM

Aug 2021
Crimson_poetry86 said:
How did a kiss scene give you nightmares? Sure, it did give off pedophile vibes, but I was more concerned about Rei turning into this gigantic angel and wiping out the entire world (excluding Shinji and Asuka).
Nge is full of crazy shit, just gotta learn to not take it to heart.

As a misato fan, this scene is a bit too far for my taste and that's why I can't fanthom the fact that they made her a shotacon
Nov 5, 2022 10:13 PM

Apr 2017
Nightmares??? Grow up dork. It isn’t that deep and I’m sure that scene was intended to be seen as a little uncomfortable.
Nov 5, 2022 10:20 PM
Jun 2022
actually I really appreciated that kissing before shit goes wild. it's a thing you would expect before you go on a war or something that will motivate you.
Nov 5, 2022 10:28 PM
Jul 2022
Mans saw a motherly figure comforting the closest thing she has to a child in a traumatizing situation and his flight or fight activated lmao. Grow a pair my guy.
Nov 5, 2022 11:12 PM
Mar 2021
ryzxgum said:
mr_simp2000 said:
i don't understand why people make so much fuss about a story. there isn't a single pedophile scene. and misato kissing Shinji is to just comfort Shinji. misato don't have any sexual attraction towards him. don't make unnecessary fuss about something that's actual part of story. I'm glad NGE was released way too early and not now or it would have been cancelled by people like you.

Your a pedophile if u tounge kiss a kid bruh. Regardless of why you did it. Anime fans trying to justify being a pedo πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€
Nov 6, 2022 12:22 AM

Apr 2022
24846 said:
ryzxgum said:

Your a pedophile if u tounge kiss a kid bruh. Regardless of why you did it. Anime fans trying to justify being a pedo πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€

who got tongue kissed? was it implied anywhere that they used tongue? was misato attracted to shinji? no none of that happened. she just did it motivate shinji in her final moments and it worked. don't just ride off your headcanon and jump to dumb conclusions on here goofy ass.
if you lack the capacity for critical thinking then don't even watch shows like NGE. no ones tryna justify being a pedo.
ryzxgumNov 6, 2022 12:43 AM
Nov 6, 2022 12:45 AM
Mar 2021
ryzxgum said:
24846 said:

who got tongue kissed? was it implied anywhere that they used tongue? was misato attracted to shinji? no none of that happened. she just did it motivate shinji in her final moments and it worked. don't just ride off your headcanon and jump to dumb conclusions on here goofy ass.
if you lack the capacity for critical thinking then don't even watch shows like NGE. no ones tryna justify being a pedo.

Bruh. Her mouth is in his mouth https://www.reddit.com/r/evangelion/comments/5mn82v/misato_and_shinji_kissing_from_eoe_2560x1080/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Nov 6, 2022 12:46 AM
Mar 2021
24846 said:
ryzxgum said:

Bruh. Her mouth is in his mouth https://www.reddit.com/r/evangelion/comments/5mn82v/misato_and_shinji_kissing_from_eoe_2560x1080/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Jesus Christ bruh. You are the reason nobody tells anyone in public they watch anime
Nov 6, 2022 1:10 AM

Apr 2022
24846 said:
ryzxgum said:

so just bc 2 mouths are connecting immediately means tongue kiss? holy shit you've never kissed someone before and it shows lmfao. touch grass if you think that's a tongue a kiss. how bout next time you try getting some bitches instead of hopping on here and making braindead statements.
Nov 6, 2022 1:11 AM

Apr 2022
24846 said:
24846 said:

Jesus Christ bruh. You are the reason nobody tells anyone in public they watch anime

you are the reason why condoms exist and your IQ is the reason schools exist. go to one.
Nov 6, 2022 1:18 AM
Feb 2022
Sanjay63773 said:
Of course, I am talking about Misato and Shinji scenes. When I first watched Neon Genesis Evangelion, I just got a wholesome mother/son dynamic from Misato and Shinji in earlier episodes, I really love it. There are moments where I sympathized with Misato for her not being able to be a good mother figure for Shinji because she has tons of mental issues. This movie took all of the flaws that Misato has in the Original NGE and made it a hundred times bigger and more fucked up.

This scene has very explicit pedophilic undertones to it. After rewatching NGE, I can't help just feel like this is the inevitable outcome.

πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€its just a mother giving her last goodbye its not about story its about your damn thinking
Nov 6, 2022 1:55 AM
Mar 2021
ryzxgum said:
24846 said:

so just bc 2 mouths are connecting immediately means tongue kiss? holy shit you've never kissed someone before and it shows lmfao. touch grass if you think that's a tongue a kiss. how bout next time you try getting some bitches instead of hopping on here and making braindead statements.

My guy. Tounge kiss or 2 mouths into one another. Regardless, if u put your fucking mouth over a child’s mouth to kiss, your a pedo. I don’t know how u can defend this. Her mouth is literally in his mouth. Your honour, it’s ok. I kissed the child and put my lips and mouth over his, but our tounges did not touch πŸ—ΏπŸ—ΏπŸ—ΏπŸ—ΏπŸ—Ώ
Please touch some grass.
Nov 6, 2022 1:58 AM
Mar 2021
24846 said:
ryzxgum said:

My guy. Tounge kiss or 2 mouths into one another. Regardless, if u put your fucking mouth over a child’s mouth to kiss, your a pedo. I don’t know how u can defend this. Her mouth is literally in his mouth. Your honour, it’s ok. I kissed the child and put my lips and mouth over his, but our tounges did not touch πŸ—ΏπŸ—ΏπŸ—ΏπŸ—ΏπŸ—Ώ
Please touch some grass.

To test your theory, why don’t you go and put your mouth onto a child? See if they think your a pedo or not lol. Your logic makes no sense. Theirs literally documented precedents of people getting caught in the exact same position your defending.
Nov 6, 2022 1:26 AM

Apr 2022
24846 said:
24846 said:

Please touch some grass.

To test your theory, why don’t you go and put your mouth onto a child? See if they think your a pedo or not lol. Your logic makes no sense. Theirs literally documented precedents of people getting caught in the exact same position your defending.

how fucking disgusting could you be to actually encourage someone to go kiss a child irl? jesus christ you're comparing a work of fiction to irl and then you're getting pressed over it as well lmfao. like the previous guy above said, thank god NGE came out years ago or it would've been canceled today by dumbfcuks like you.
anyways your last reply really disgusting me deeply, i'm done with you. if this continues then who knows what other disgusting images you'll put in my head.
Nov 6, 2022 1:52 AM
Mar 2021
ryzxgum said:
24846 said:

how fucking disgusting could you be to actually encourage someone to go kiss a child irl? jesus christ you're comparing a work of fiction to irl and then you're getting pressed over it as well lmfao. like the previous guy above said, thank god NGE came out years ago or it would've been canceled today by dumbfcuks like you.
anyways your last reply really disgusting me deeply, i'm done with you. if this continues then who knows what other disgusting images you'll put in my head.

It’s the logic that’s stupid right. And I’m ok with the scene. I actually really like the scene. It develops the characters well and is there for a purpose.

U argue that it’s not being a pedo when u stick your mouth into a kid, cause it’s not real life? Well duh. I’m using real life logic (of what a pedo is) and applying it to this. Your just to dumb to recognise it.

I’ll make it simple for you. You agree that it’s gross and disgusting in real life. Meaning people who do it are pedos. So why isn’t she one (in the context of the tv show)

I have never talked to someone dumber on the internet then you πŸ—Ώ
Nov 6, 2022 2:02 AM

Apr 2022
24846 said:
ryzxgum said:

It’s the logic that’s stupid right. And I’m ok with the scene. I actually really like the scene. It develops the characters well and is there for a purpose.

U argue that it’s not being a pedo when u stick your mouth into a kid, cause it’s not real life? Well duh. I’m using real life logic (of what a pedo is) and applying it to this. Your just to dumb to recognise it.

I’ll make it simple for you. You agree that it’s gross and disgusting in real life. Meaning people who do it are pedos. So why isn’t she one (in the context of the tv show)

irl is a different case. it will always be disgusting irl. but fiction is FICTION. btw it's not okay in every form of fiction, only in regards to NGE bc it serves a purpose. there was no feelings of attraction or anything weird like that. just motivation for him. stop comparing real life to NGE. it doesn't work.

you're calling me dumb but look at your spelling lmfao. you can't even differentiate "you're" from "your".

keep NGE in it's own place and real life in it's own. now piss off and improve on your grammar, lil degenerate.
Nov 6, 2022 6:28 AM
Dec 2018
ryzxgum said:
24846 said:

irl is a different case. it will always be disgusting irl. but fiction is FICTION. btw it's not okay in every form of fiction, only in regards to NGE bc it serves a purpose. there was no feelings of attraction or anything weird like that. just motivation for him. stop comparing real life to NGE. it doesn't work.

you're calling me dumb but look at your spelling lmfao. you can't even differentiate "you're" from "your".

keep NGE in it's own place and real life in it's own. now piss off and improve on your grammar, lil degenerate.

No point trying to reason with these tards bro, they take the scene too literally and are choosing to ignore the context behind it.
Nov 6, 2022 7:32 AM
Jul 2022
mr_simp2000 said:
i don't understand why people make so much fuss about a story. there isn't a single pedophile scene. and misato kissing Shinji is to just comfort Shinji. men and boys are supposed to have good time of life so. misato don't have any sexual attraction towards him. don't make unnecessary fuss about something that's actual part of story. I'm glad NGE was released way too early and not now or it would have been cancelled by people like you.

Yessir(Character limit)
Nov 6, 2022 10:07 AM

Apr 2022
She kisses shinji so he has a taste of what is sexual pleasure so he won’t have suicidal toughts while fighting. It’s so obvious, people are just fast when it comes to canceling media.
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Nov 6, 2022 10:57 AM

Apr 2022
TemporaryPortal said:
ryzxgum said:

No point trying to reason with these tards bro, they take the scene too literally and are choosing to ignore the context behind it.

facts bro its difficult tryna educate these kids on here istg😴
Nov 6, 2022 2:45 PM
Apr 2022
Look up the 2002 Gainax Calendars or Neon Genesis Evangelion Stripping Instrumentality. Evangelion is just CP.
Nov 6, 2022 2:57 PM
Jun 2020
24846 said:
ryzxgum said:

Please touch some grass.

My guy you do realise this is how the majority of kisses are animated bc altogether it’s just easier and gets the message across that it’s a kiss and it doesn’t look that awkward compared to other methods.
Nov 6, 2022 3:22 PM

Dec 2020
You're just jealous of my man shinji
Nov 6, 2022 3:25 PM
Mar 2021
popole123 said:
24846 said:

Please touch some grass.

My guy you do realise this is how the majority of kisses are animated bc altogether it’s just easier and gets the message across that it’s a kiss and it doesn’t look that awkward compared to other methods.

I want u to show me a kiss that’s like this in a show that was like this, and their was no romentic/sexual feelings in it.

My guy, your acting like this is the kind of kiss they animate when a kid says bye to their mum or something
Nov 6, 2022 4:33 PM
Aug 2020
mr_simp2000 said:

But imagine if it was grown man kissing a 14 year old girl. It’s an entirely different story then when it really shouldn’t be
Nov 6, 2022 6:16 PM

Aug 2021
CLADDAN said:

Nope, lol. For me, they ruined their wholesome dynamic
Nov 6, 2022 6:30 PM

Aug 2021
REEEEEEEEEE110 said:
mr_simp2000 said:

But imagine if it was grown man kissing a 14 year old girl. It’s an entirely different story then when it really shouldn’t be

That would easily get into controversy but if its opposite, people are too easy to shrug off it as nothing important and it irritates me
Nov 6, 2022 7:24 PM

Apr 2022
24846 said:
popole123 said:

I want u to show me a kiss that’s like this in a show that was like this, and their was no romentic/sexual feelings in it.

My guy, your acting like this is the kind of kiss they animate when a kid says bye to their mum or something

there lol. that's literally the same reaction shinji made as well. and wtf are you saying?? you're the only one implying kids kiss their mum's on their lips you freakin weirdo.
also only difference between this and the misato one is that this one you actually tell tongue was used

ps. your spelling is still ass.
ryzxgumNov 6, 2022 8:16 PM
Nov 6, 2022 7:25 PM

Feb 2021
Sanjay63773 said:

This is something that was fixed in the Rebuilds. In those movies, Misato is actually sort of a mother figure to Shinji. They just have a mother-son relationship. No more of Misato getting horny for a kid half her age.
Nov 6, 2022 7:27 PM

Apr 2022
24846 said:
popole123 said:

and here's also a kiss with romantic/sexual feelings behind to help your dense mind better understand the difference. they even add those blush lines to help to notice that. but ig you're too stupid to realize.
Nov 6, 2022 9:52 PM
Mar 2021
ryzxgum said:
24846 said:

there lol. that's literally the same reaction shinji made as well. and wtf are you saying?? you're the only one implying kids kiss their mum's on their lips you freakin weirdo.
also only difference between this and the misato one is that this one you actually tell tongue was used

Bruh enough with the tounge and no tounge. It’s pointless.

A kiss is a kiss bruh. Why is someone who kissed someone put putting their mouth onto someone else not a pedo, but then adding tounge is? Both are kisses. Nobody fucking mouth kisses people if theirs no romentic/sexual going on u muppet.
Nov 6, 2022 10:04 PM

Apr 2022
24846 said:
ryzxgum said:

A kiss is a kiss bruh. Why is someone who kissed someone put putting their mouth onto someone else not a pedo, but then adding tounge is? Both are kisses. Nobody fucking mouth kisses people if theirs no romentic/sexual going on u muppet.

you absolute joke. you're the one who brought in "tongue" kisses specifically and now that i've proved you wrong twice you wanna change the subject lmfao you are pathetic. i now know you are 12 years old after that last sentence you said. i know many people who have done that irl.

later clown, hope you do well in school and your english gets better so that you can actually formulate proper sentences.
ryzxgumNov 6, 2022 10:15 PM
Nov 7, 2022 12:08 AM
Mar 2021
ryzxgum said:
24846 said:

you absolute joke. you're the one who brought in "tongue" kisses specifically and now that i've proved you wrong twice you wanna change the subject lmfao you are pathetic. i now know you are 12 years old after that last sentence you said. i know many people who have done that irl.

later clown, hope you do well in school and your english gets better so that you can actually formulate proper sentences.

Most socially aware anime fan πŸ’€πŸ’€
Nov 7, 2022 12:19 AM

Apr 2022
24846 said:
ryzxgum said:

can you say one sentence without being totally cringe tho?πŸ’€
Nov 7, 2022 1:17 AM

Aug 2018
literally the best part of neon genesis evangelion, not gonna lie
Nov 7, 2022 1:35 AM
Mar 2021
ryzxgum said:
24846 said:

can you say one sentence without being totally cringe tho?πŸ’€

Bro has said goodbye like 3 times πŸ—Ώ
Nov 7, 2022 7:57 AM

Dec 2020
Sanjay63773 said:
CLADDAN said:

c'mon bro, ain't no shame in admitting that you're jealous of shinji cause he got kissed by a hot older woman like misato
Nov 7, 2022 8:39 AM

Aug 2021
CLADDAN said:
Sanjay63773 said:

c'mon bro, ain't no shame in admitting that you're jealous of shinji cause he got kissed by a hot older woman like misato

Why would I be jealous of adult forcing herself into minor who is insanely traumatized?
Nov 7, 2022 9:25 AM

Dec 2020
Sanjay63773 said:
CLADDAN said:

Why would I be jealous of adult forcing herself into minor who is insanely traumatized?

no matter what you say bro i can see how jealous you are jealous of shinji as much as you want to hide it, i mean i get it too but no need to make a whole thread filled with your jealousy
Nov 7, 2022 3:50 PM

Mar 2020
I don’t know how you could get through all of NGE without being irked by Misato’s playful flirting with Shinji and suddenly be weirded out when she’s more brazen come EoE. Both are pretty off putting and weird, though the scene where she kisses and promises to screw Shinji in EoE is the only time where it has purpose, seeing as she clearly doubts that Shinji is going to help Asuka and is just resorting to whatever method will work out of desperation

Just read some of the other replies and the lengths some people are going to in order to negate and spin details is bizarre lol
Nov 7, 2022 8:38 PM
Dec 2021
Sanjay63773 said:

out of all the fucked up imagery in the movie THATS what is giving you nightmares??
Nov 7, 2022 8:42 PM

Aug 2021
AlienXander said:
Sanjay63773 said:

out of all the fucked up imagery in the movie THATS what is giving you nightmares??

As I said, End of Evangelion was certainly dark movie. I didn't find the hospital scene to be that disturbing as people proclaimed. This scene however is in contention for being the most uncomfortable scene in the entire movie
Nov 8, 2022 9:32 PM
Mar 2021
Chomusuke01 said:
24846 said:

go kys u retarded woke fuck

Is it woke to think that adults shouldn’t be shoving their mouth and kissing kids. I guess the law is woke. Again, I’m talking about it in the contenzxt of the actuarial world and show. I don’t give a shit that they showed it. It’s a good scene that adds depth to misato.
Bro sounds like a neckbeard

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think Shinji is irredeemable?

TASM18 - Apr 15

21 by fizzydrinkk »»
Apr 24, 9:32 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion - The End of Evangelion Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Zerachroma - Jun 13, 2008

533 by rengoku09_ »»
Apr 1, 5:57 AM

» should i watch this movie instead of 25-26 or should i watch 25-26 or should i watch 25-26 and the movie

CRG - Aug 21, 2023

44 by Invisible_King »»
Mar 20, 1:27 PM

» There's nothing romantic about Asuka and Shinji

Sanjay63773 - Oct 26, 2022

37 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Mar 17, 1:01 PM

» how to watch?

misasdeathnote0 - Dec 19, 2023

18 by KitsuFrost »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.