Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 13, 2022 8:30 AM
Sep 2022
Hey, I can't make my top anime as ace as I had already last week... so if I will choose 2nd top anime as ace, it will work; right?
Oct 13, 2022 8:41 AM
Apr 2022
How likely do you think it is that eminence will pass 85k before the week ends?
Oct 13, 2022 8:44 AM
Apr 2022
-REITO- said:
Hey, I can't make my top anime as ace as I had already last week... so if I will choose 2nd top anime as ace, it will work; right?

I think that if the anime you aced last week still has less than 85k users watching and this week you ace your 2nd top anime you'll get -5k points. The only way around it would be to bench your 1st top anime but you need to see if it's worth it for 75k points
Oct 13, 2022 9:44 AM
Sep 2022
Got a quick question: Let's assume I aced an anime and it worked perfectly. Then, on the subsequent week, the same anime goes on to collect the most points once more but due to the rules (each anime can only be aced once) I am unable to ace it. In this case, can I ace the anime that collected the second most points and gain another 75k?
Oct 13, 2022 10:59 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
KaderimBu said:
Got a quick question: Let's assume I aced an anime and it worked perfectly. Then, on the subsequent week, the same anime goes on to collect the most points once more but due to the rules (each anime can only be aced once) I am unable to ace it. In this case, can I ace the anime that collected the second most points and gain another 75k?

You can ace another anime as long as the anime with highest score reached 85k watching
Oct 16, 2022 11:01 AM

Sep 2018
Samii said:
CHT13 said:
This is my first time trying FAL. Is it wrong not to use the ace right a way? I’m a little confused about the ace.

You can follow this flowchart:
moozooh said:
It's once per week, and it's limited by the number of shows you have, so at most 8.

The conditions for acing can be a little complicated if written out in text, so here's a flowchart to guide you:

Hope it helps!

Thanks for this. One quick clarifying question. On the "rules" tab of FAL, it at one point says that an Ace is ineligible if above 85k members. Later it says it's ineligible if above 85k "watching + complete" members. This is a big distinction as Fumetsu, which hasn't even aired yet, is already above 85k "members" if you click on the show, but of course, it's not above 85k "watching + complete" members yet as it hasn't even aired.

To be clear, the general "members" category (as displayed when you click on the shows page) and "watching + completed" members (as calculated by looking at the "stats" tab of a show) are two different things, and of these two, FAL Aces' concern themselves only with the "watching + completed" category?
Oct 16, 2022 1:08 PM

Jul 2012
NoDropZone said:
Samii said:

You can follow this flowchart:

Hope it helps!

Thanks for this. One quick clarifying question. On the "rules" tab of FAL, it at one point says that an Ace is ineligible if above 85k members. Later it says it's ineligible if above 85k "watching + complete" members. This is a big distinction as Fumetsu, which hasn't even aired yet, is already above 85k "members" if you click on the show, but of course, it's not above 85k "watching + complete" members yet as it hasn't even aired.

To be clear, the general "members" category (as displayed when you click on the shows page) and "watching + completed" members (as calculated by looking at the "stats" tab of a show) are two different things, and of these two, FAL Aces' concern themselves only with the "watching + completed" category?

Yes, watching+completed members only. So right now Fumetsu is at 0 members.
Dec 3, 2022 6:48 AM
Jul 2020
CHT13 said:
badabass said:

Can i know your team for a better understanding xd

Blue lock, eminence in shadow, iruma-kun, golden kamuy, raven of the inner palace are all active. Bocchi the rock, more than a married couple and Urusei Yatsura are the bench. The points are high for Bocchi so I was thinking to maybe swap with iruma-kun which has lowest points?

I think that you put both Bocchi and More than a married couple in the end πŸ˜‚

Damn! You got the best squad of the year, congrats!
Dec 3, 2022 7:02 AM

May 2022
Yadava98 said:
CHT13 said:

Blue lock, eminence in shadow, iruma-kun, golden kamuy, raven of the inner palace are all active. Bocchi the rock, more than a married couple and Urusei Yatsura are the bench. The points are high for Bocchi so I was thinking to maybe swap with iruma-kun which has lowest points?

Thank you, I’m lucky πŸ˜‚, I felt strongly about Bocchi before the season started and it’s been such a great show to watch.
Dec 3, 2022 7:09 AM

May 2022
Yadava98 said:
CHT13 said:

Also, I just picked shows I really wanted to watch. This is my first time playing FAL and I’d have to say it’s really fun. Once I understood how the aces work and swaps, I felt more comfortable with it. Now I just have to look into the rules for weeks 10-13 and I’ll be all set.
Dec 3, 2022 7:53 AM
Jul 2020
CHT13 said:
Yadava98 said:

Also, I just picked shows I really wanted to watch. This is my first time playing FAL and I’d have to say it’s really fun. Once I understood how the aces work and swaps, I felt more comfortable with it. Now I just have to look into the rules for weeks 10-13 and I’ll be all set.

Yeah, FAL is awesome, this is my second time. Which position are you in the ranking? I'm 440
Dec 3, 2022 7:55 AM
Jul 2020
CHT13 said:
Yadava98 said:

Thank you, I’m lucky πŸ˜‚, I felt strongly about Bocchi before the season started and it’s been such a great show to watch.

Yeah, I picked Bocchi out of luck actually, but a part of me wanted it because last FAL Papiri koumei did good and nowadays music animes are going strong, so I tried.

Also some ppl said it could be the new K-on, so... πŸ‘€
Dec 3, 2022 8:03 AM

May 2022
I’m 832, I need Bocchi and more than a married couple to get to 85k watching so I can ace iruma and Urusei Yatsura, I saved 2 swaps for that because I believe we get an extra swap soon so I’ll keep whichever is doing good at the time between iruma and UY in the lineup.

I enjoyed K-on a lot but Bocchi hits me differently on a personal level so it’s one of my favorite shows of the season. Which is saying a lot considering the big shows this season has to offer. It’s a nice change of pace in what’s going to be looked back upon as a historical fall season.
Dec 11, 2022 4:25 AM
Jul 2020
Kineta said:
Week 1 Anime Points

Coming soon.

Kineta-san, will we have the points before FAL ends? πŸ˜‚
Dec 11, 2022 4:35 AM
Jul 2020
CHT13 said:
I’m 832, I need Bocchi and more than a married couple to get to 85k watching so I can ace iruma and Urusei Yatsura, I saved 2 swaps for that because I believe we get an extra swap soon so I’ll keep whichever is doing good at the time between iruma and UY in the lineup.

I enjoyed K-on a lot but Bocchi hits me differently on a personal level so it’s one of my favorite shows of the season. Which is saying a lot considering the big shows this season has to offer. It’s a nice change of pace in what’s going to be looked back upon as a historical fall season.

Agreed. I saw your team, damn, you are just missing Tensei shitara to have the best team.

I am lucky because all of my team's animes went above 85k except one, so now I can use a Ace every week until the very end, so that I will earn 295k points and I think I will be in the first 100 this season!
Dec 11, 2022 6:40 AM

May 2022
Yadava98 said:
CHT13 said:

Agreed. I saw your team, damn, you are just missing Tensei shitara to have the best team.

I am lucky because all of my team's animes went above 85k except one, so now I can use a Ace every week until the very end, so that I will earn 295k points and I think I will be in the first 100 this season!

More than a married couple is so close to 85k but I don’t think it’ll make it there this week 😒 Either way, I’m enjoying FAL. I’ll be rooting for you to make it!! Hopefully instead of top 100 you jump into the top 50!!!
Dec 11, 2022 9:36 AM
Jul 2020
CHT13 said:
Yadava98 said:

More than a married couple is so close to 85k but I don’t think it’ll make it there this week 😒 Either way, I’m enjoying FAL. I’ll be rooting for you to make it!! Hopefully instead of top 100 you jump into the top 50!!!

Oh, thank you so much, you are very kind! But I don't think I will be able to make it to top 50 since there are many teams that have the best five, so I cannot go over them (unless no one of them put an Ace ever until the end, then maybe I can).

To tell you the truth, last season I could have come 50th exactly, but I chose Shikimori-san instead of Komi-san and I ended up being 2500th instead!! Grrr, that damn pink haired girl ruined my FAL πŸ˜‚

But this FAL Blue Lock didn't disappoint! I am rooting also for you to come to the first 200 at least, you can for sure if you put the Aces good!
Dec 11, 2022 10:41 AM

May 2022
Yadava98 said:
CHT13 said:

Oh, thank you so much, you are very kind! But I don't think I will be able to make it to top 50 since there are many teams that have the best five, so I cannot go over them (unless no one of them put an Ace ever until the end, then maybe I can).

To tell you the truth, last season I could have come 50th exactly, but I chose Shikimori-san instead of Komi-san and I ended up being 2500th instead!! Grrr, that damn pink haired girl ruined my FAL πŸ˜‚

But this FAL Blue Lock didn't disappoint! I am rooting also for you to come to the first 200 at least, you can for sure if you put the Aces good!

Thank you! I just need the other damn pink haired gyaru to get to 85k to put my plan in motion πŸ˜‚
Dec 11, 2022 11:21 AM
Jul 2020
CHT13 said:
Yadava98 said:

Thank you! I just need the other damn pink haired gyaru to get to 85k to put my plan in motion πŸ˜‚

I'm telling you, I did not pick "More than a married couple" because the MFC was pink haired and I had PTSD from the previous FAL 🀣

I am sure it will go up to 85k next week for sure, it's very border line now. I hope you can use those 2 aces!
Dec 11, 2022 11:29 AM

May 2022
Yadava98 said:
CHT13 said:

I'm telling you, I did not pick "More than a married couple" because the MFC was pink haired and I had PTSD from the previous FAL 🀣

I am sure it will go up to 85k next week for sure, it's very border line now. I hope you can use those 2 aces!
it’s going to be close. Iruma-kun will be aced once that happens and then I’d need to swap In Urusei Yatsura and ace that. I’m thinking if it plays out that way I’ll pick the extra swap to bring back iruma-kun. I’m not sure how the boost or bomber up and down works because if I don’t pick the extra swap I’d like to pick one of those.
Dec 11, 2022 9:27 PM
Jul 2020
CHT13 said:
Yadava98 said:

it’s going to be close. Iruma-kun will be aced once that happens and then I’d need to swap In Urusei Yatsura and ace that. I’m thinking if it plays out that way I’ll pick the extra swap to bring back iruma-kun. I’m not sure how the boost or bomber up and down works because if I don’t pick the extra swap I’d like to pick one of those.

The booster is simple, once you use it you automatically get 10k points more.

The bomber works like this:

The up one will bomb the person above you and they will get 20k points less. The down one does the same but to the one behind you, 20k less.

You have to see what gives you more points, but my recommendation is to use the one that gets you more points in the end.

I would say the bomber are useless in your position, you use them when you are in the top, to defeat the others and get the prices.

Now you have to calculate. Is using the extra swap more profitable than using the booster?

By using the extra swap you lose 5k points, but then calculate if Iruma-kun will have more than 15k points than the other anime you have in his place and that you want to take out (15k because 5k loss for the swap + the 10k of the booster).

My other advice is to not use the Ace for Iruma-kun now but to use it at the last week. You can put now UY and Ace it, then at week 12 you put Iruma back and at week 13 you put Iruma as Ace. Why? Well, to have an Ace at the last week seems more fun, that's all lol
Dec 11, 2022 10:09 PM

May 2022
Yadava98 said:
CHT13 said:

The up one will bomb the person above you and they will get 20k points less. The down one does the same but to the one behind you, 20k less.

You have to see what gives you more points, but my recommendation is to use the one that gets you more points in the end.

I would say the bomber are useless in your position, you use them when you are in the top, to defeat the others and get the prices.

Now you have to calculate. Is using the extra swap more profitable than using the booster?

By using the extra swap you lose 5k points, but then calculate if Iruma-kun will have more than 15k points than the other anime you have in his place and that you want to take out (15k because 5k loss for the swap + the 10k of the booster).

My other advice is to not use the Ace for Iruma-kun now but to use it at the last week. You can put now UY and Ace it, then at week 12 you put Iruma back and at week 13 you put Iruma as Ace. Why? Well, to have an Ace at the last week seems more fun, that's all lol

Thank you for the advice. I wasn’t quite sure about the bomber but I figured it was something that would be more useful to higher ranked players. So thanks for the details as well as the boost amount. I like that strategy for closing out the season with the ace. I didn’t know about losing 5k every time you swap something. I thought it was a loss of 5k if you aced a show that was beat out in points by another show at the deadline, so that’s good to know especially if you’re trying to calculate if a move is worth it or not. You’ve really been a huge help to me this season. It’s much appreciated.

Just as a funny side note. My brother plays fantasy football here in the states and him and his friends enjoy it but when I mentioned I was playing fantasy as well but with anime, they made fun of me all season so far but the funny part is they’re all bitching about how bad their teams are doing and I’m having a blast playing FAL. It’s always fun getting the last laugh. What can I say, I like what I like. Thanks again for the support.
Dec 12, 2022 1:11 AM
Jul 2020
CHT13 said:
Yadava98 said:

Thank you for the advice. I wasn’t quite sure about the bomber but I figured it was something that would be more useful to higher ranked players. So thanks for the details as well as the boost amount. I like that strategy for closing out the season with the ace. I didn’t know about losing 5k every time you swap something. I thought it was a loss of 5k if you aced a show that was beat out in points by another show at the deadline, so that’s good to know especially if you’re trying to calculate if a move is worth it or not. You’ve really been a huge help to me this season. It’s much appreciated.

Just as a funny side note. My brother plays fantasy football here in the states and him and his friends enjoy it but when I mentioned I was playing fantasy as well but with anime, they made fun of me all season so far but the funny part is they’re all bitching about how bad their teams are doing and I’m having a blast playing FAL. It’s always fun getting the last laugh. What can I say, I like what I like. Thanks again for the support.

Hahah, let them speak! If you have fun, who cares? It's not that you are killing people or doing anything wrong, lol.

I convinced my best friend to do FAL, we like it and we do it every season lol. And I am the one telling him we are otakus just because we watch some animes and we read some mangas 🀣

Let me clarify for the minus 5k for the swap.

It happens only when you use the wildcard extra swap, not for every swap you use. So, if you are using one of the 4 swaps then no problem, no minus 5k, but if you are using the wildcard Extra Swap then you have to pay 5k points to do that ✌️

Any other advice, I am here or we can continue in private messages.

Which position are you this week? I am 187th!

#roadtofirst50
Dec 12, 2022 9:17 AM

May 2022
Yadava98 said:
CHT13 said:

Hahah, let them speak! If you have fun, who cares? It's not that you are killing people or doing anything wrong, lol.

I convinced my best friend to do FAL, we like it and we do it every season lol. And I am the one telling him we are otakus just because we watch some animes and we read some mangas 🀣

Let me clarify for the minus 5k for the swap.

It happens only when you use the wildcard extra swap, not for every swap you use. So, if you are using one of the 4 swaps then no problem, no minus 5k, but if you are using the wildcard Extra Swap then you have to pay 5k points to do that ✌️

Any other advice, I am here or we can continue in private messages.

Which position are you this week? I am 187th!

#roadtofirst50

Oh I see. I’m ranked 528 and I have 2 swaps left. So I’m going to use your strategy with the aces and I’ll pick the boost for my wildcard. As long as I can stay in the top 500 for my first time playing, I’ll gladly take it.

As for otakus, I’ve passed the point of no return a long time ago πŸ˜‚

Also private messages works for me. So hit me up whenever you like.

#rootingforyoutohit50
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Week 2: Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Apr 14

39 by goldenotaqu »»
Apr 23, 4:47 PM

» I aced Kaiju No. 8 this week, is it still eligible?

spaceman777 - Apr 20

1 by Ax1om »»
Apr 20, 9:58 AM

» Week 1: Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Apr 7

13 by MistyBlue »»
Apr 13, 3:04 PM

» Week 12: Wildcard/Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Mar 24

9 by Zoopiez »»
Mar 31, 5:24 PM

» Week 11: Wildcard/Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Mar 17

12 by Zoopiez »»
Mar 18, 6:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.