Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 16, 2022 6:22 AM

Mar 2020
Why does this series have such plot holes? Mao gets shot multiple times,then survives with help of technology but when the Princess(euphy) gets shot only once dies, did that miraculous technology just vanished when someone far more important needed it?
When mao returns doesn't reveal his identity but plays games with him? During the game you could've just pushedthe scales but guess common sense is not available at that moment?
Also Suzaku dodges machine gun and destroys it with a kick?
On multiple occasions people with guns fight super robots and survive like it's nothing, how come?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 16, 2022 6:36 AM
Jun 2021
Kurdo said:
Why does this series have such plot holes? Mao gets shot multiple times,then survives with help of technology but when the Princess(euphy) gets shot only once dies, did that miraculous technology just vanished when someone far more important needed it?
When mao returns doesn't reveal his identity but plays games with him? During the game you could've just pushedthe scales but guess common sense is not available at that moment?
On multiple occasions people with guns fight super robots and survive like it's nothing, how come?

Cause there are plot holes. Anyone who says this is a flawless perfect show is delusional.
Sep 16, 2022 6:36 AM
Feb 2022
Kurdo said:

nah but ppl like u always post a ‘loop hole’ thread on cg every week
we get it already, there were a few plot holes coz it was an anime original but the show is still goated
Sep 16, 2022 6:48 AM
Jan 2021
I really still don't know how this show got 8.7 rating , mid geass . Death note>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Sep 16, 2022 6:53 AM
May 2021
Kurdo said:

Even in real life, some people can survive multiple gunshot wounds while others die just from one. I suppose real life is full of plot holes too?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying their aren't plot holes. Just pointing out, that isn't as farfetched as it sounds.
Sep 16, 2022 6:55 AM
Feb 2021
Yeshwanth_18 said:
I really still don't know how this show got 8.7 rating , mid geass . Death note>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

why are you even comparing Death Note to Code geass? even if there were plot holes, then why is the code geass score higher than the so perfectly made and executed Death note
Sep 16, 2022 6:57 AM
Jan 2021
starry-- said:
Yeshwanth_18 said:

why are you even comparing Death Note to Code geass? lmao

Yeah ik it ain't even worth comparing.
Sep 16, 2022 6:58 AM
Aug 2021
CHAOS_0704 said:
Kurdo said:

Even in real life, some people can survive multiple gunshot wounds while others die just from one. I suppose real life is full of plot holes too?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying their aren't plot holes. Just pointing out, that isn't as farfetched as it sounds.

depends on where you shoot, you cant expect that a real person survive After an headshot, while in anime should be the same Logic, I could understand that they can survive an headshot but this mean all the characters can(in the case of Code Geass, in other anime, like fantasy One can be another Logic)if not then it's a plot hole
Sep 16, 2022 7:05 AM
Mar 2020
SuntProstMare said:
CHAOS_0704 said:

depends on where you shoot, you cant expect that a real person survive After an headshot, while in anime should be the same Logic, I could understand that they can survive an headshot but this mean all the characters can(in the case of Code Geass, in other anime, like fantasy One can be another Logic)if not then it's a plot hole

Actually there’s many cases where People survived a headshot. It’s not common, but it has happened, so I don’t see why it can’t happen in anime either. Especially considering anime isn’t supposed to be as realistic as real life and for the fact that anime will always be far fetched.

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 16, 2022 7:08 AM
Feb 2022
Yeshwanth_18 said:
starry-- said:

Everyone is gay for lelouch ...
maybe that's one of the reason for it's higher rating...
Sep 16, 2022 7:30 AM
Dec 2019
I don't think the writers of this show really knew what they were doing.
A woman gets shot in the stomach with no visible injury to the head and still gets amnesia for some reason.
They introduce geass canceller and then forget about it.
Millions of people somehow sneak in and wear the zero costume.
Some people can just magically nullify the effect of the geass.
The list really goes on.
Sep 16, 2022 7:51 AM
May 2016
Most of it aren't plotholes like they pointed out in the gunshots case.
For example, the common sense dictates you don't try something like pushing the scales, because A) the other person can read your mind, so he pushes it before you; B) maybe he has a remote control with him and can detonate the bomb.
You best and actually only option if you truly want to avoid the explosion is to play along while someone defuse it like it happened in the show.

Just because you don't think and you don't have common sense, the show still works in its universe.

I'm too lazy to refute your every points. Think about it and you will know these aren't really plotholes.
Sep 16, 2022 7:57 AM
Aug 2021
MeVike said:
SuntProstMare said:

Actually there’s many cases where People survived a headshot. It’s not common, but it has happened, so I don’t see why it can’t happen in anime either. Especially considering anime isn’t supposed to be as realistic as real life and for the fact that anime will always be far fetched.

the headshot was Just an example, what I mean is: if you do an anime world with a Logic you Need to have Always that Logic in mind. the example wanted to point that since One protagonist survived several shots and is still Alive then the person Who get a shot should be alive, i don't Remember where She was hit but i Remember that is wasnt fatal, maybe im wrong.
Sep 16, 2022 8:09 AM
May 2021
Yeshwanth_18 said:
starry-- said:

Death Note and Code Geass is a common comparison because Light and Lelouch have a lot in common as anti hero archetypes
Sep 16, 2022 8:54 AM
Nov 2021
Yeshwanth_18 said:

Nopedeath note sucks after epi 25.But i kept going just becaz of awesome ost,theme and ryuk.where ascode geas is just cooleven if it has many plot holes i still loved it way more than dnand lelouch is better written imo
Sep 16, 2022 8:56 AM
Jan 2021
santosh___15 said:
Yeshwanth_18 said:

Nopedeath note sucks after epi 25.But i kept going just becaz of awesome ost,theme and ryuk.where ascode geas is just cooleven if it has many plot holes i still loved it way more than dnand lelouch is better written imo

who is talking about particular characters, talk about whole anime.
Sep 16, 2022 9:02 AM

May 2021
Wait till you get to season 2. My man just pulls out massive amount of information to direct the knights with nothing but a map and an ass full of god knows what from out of nowhere
Sep 16, 2022 9:03 AM
Mar 2020
SuntProstMare said:
MeVike said:

the headshot was Just an example, what I mean is: if you do an anime world with a Logic you Need to have Always that Logic in mind. the example wanted to point that since One protagonist survived several shots and is still Alive then the person Who get a shot should be alive, i don't Remember where She was hit but i Remember that is wasnt fatal, maybe im wrong.

Isn’t that the point though? You’re saying she died because of a wound that someone else didn’t die to. Well that’s how things work irl as well. Some people die because of some wounds and some don’t, even if the injury is the same. As I stated, a head shot should be fatal, as it is for most, yet some survived it. I don’t think that’s a plot hole irl. It just happens.

Euphy’s shot was fatal though, idk why you’d think differently. She was shot in the liver. (Ofc there are cases that you could live even after being shot there, as there’s a case for everything). Well every wound is fatal if you don’t get help quickly.

As I said. People are different. Cases are different. You got 50 cent who was shot 7 times in his hand, arm, hip, both legs, chest and left cheek, yet he still survived.

Yet you got other people who get hit once in the leg and they either bleed to death or die of shock.

I don’t think shit like that is a plot hole. It’s literally either luck, or how well you handle those wounds, and ofc how fast you get help.

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

Sep 16, 2022 9:17 AM
Aug 2021
MeVike said:
SuntProstMare said:

Isn’t that the point though? You’re saying she died because of a wound that someone else didn’t die to. Well that’s how things work irl as well. Some people die because of some wounds and some don’t, even if the injury is the same. As I stated, a head shot should be fatal, as it is for most, yet some survived it. I don’t think that’s a plot hole irl. It just happens.

Euphy’s shot was fatal though, idk why you’d think differently. She was shot in the liver. (Ofc there are cases that you could live even after being shot there, as there’s a case for everything). Well every wound is fatal if you don’t get help quickly.

As I said. People are different. Cases are different. You got 50 cent who was shot 7 times in his hand, arm, hip, both legs, chest and left cheek, yet he still survived.

Yet you got other people who get hit once in the leg and they either bleed to death or die of shock.

I don’t think shit like that is a plot hole. It’s literally either luck, or how well you handle those wounds, and ofc how fast you get help.

when i said that It wasnt fatal I even Say that maybe im wrong but whatever, can you tell me where Mao was shotted? if It was an headshot and to other vital parts or not then what you Say it's completely true but if he survive even with fatal injure then no, your point is pointeless.
irl there are many cases, yes, but in an anime there is own Logic, if that isn't in everyone then it's a plot hole, you cant Say that It is luck that Mao survived and the Queen died because probably the producer didn't even think about that.
Sep 16, 2022 9:18 AM

Jan 2009
ah damn different ways people die are now considered a plot hole too lol all gun shots should be fatal huh
Sep 16, 2022 9:19 AM

Oct 2015
SquanchDaddy said:
Yeshwanth_18 said:

Death Note and Code Geass is a common comparison because Light and Lelouch have a lot in common as anti hero archetypes

You know he is trolling right? If Light hadn’t answered L first “call” it was basically a win for him... so Death Note has it own holes

Anyway nothing is perfect, sometimes it is a must to do for rogressing the story and sometimes it is a bit easier that way, doesn’t change the fact that i watch both around my first 10 anime and after watching over 500 they are still my favorite of all
Sep 16, 2022 9:24 AM
Jan 2021
Cause “enjoyment”
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Sep 16, 2022 9:35 AM

Oct 2015
Kurdo said:

Euphemia died to progress the plot, also would you want every character to die on one shot or everyone survive getting 100 shots?
Did you ever watched normal action movies that like 10 elite soldiers/assassins shots with machineguns at the MC to never hit him? so what about this world with supernatural power and basically when he was order not to die...

Sep 16, 2022 9:38 AM
Mar 2020
SuntProstMare said:
MeVike said:

when i said that It wasnt fatal I even Say that maybe im wrong but whatever, can you tell me where Mao was shotted? if It was an headshot and to other vital parts or not then what you Say it's completely true but if he survive even with fatal injure then no, your point is pointeless.
irl there are many cases, yes, but in an anime there is own Logic, if that isn't in everyone then it's a plot hole, you cant Say that It is luck that Mao survived and the Queen died because probably the producer didn't even think about that.

What you’re saying doesn’t even make sense my guy. If you can survive a headshot irl, then you can surely do it in the anime world too. As I stated, anime is more far fetched than the real world so it’s only logical to think that they’d survive. Idk where Mao got shot tbh, but that’s besides the point I’m trying to make. If know the anime has its own logic, explain to me in detail exactly what that logic is, when where does it state in those logical terms that you can’t survive possibly fatal shots by luck or any other circumstances. Idk if the writer thought about it or not, but as long as it makes sense to us humans, he doesn’t even need to think of it. We wouldn’t actually know even if he thought of it or not tbh, as we can’t tell if he did or not.

So it’s pretty safe to say he thought of as it actually is... luck and many other reasons people survive such wounds. As long as it makes sense to the author (a fellow human who has the same logical reasoning as us) it should makes sense to us as well.

Sep 16, 2022 9:55 AM
Aug 2021
MeVike said:
SuntProstMare said:

What you’re saying doesn’t even make sense my guy. If you can survive a headshot irl, then you can surely do it in the anime world too. As I stated, anime is more far fetched than the real world so it’s only logical to think that they’d survive. Idk where Mao got shot tbh, but that’s besides the point I’m trying to make. If know the anime has its own logic, explain to me in detail exactly what that logic is, when where does it state in those logical terms that you can’t survive possibly fatal shots by luck or any other circumstances. Idk if the writer thought about it or not, but as long as it makes sense to us humans, he doesn’t even need to think of it. We wouldn’t actually know even if he thought of it or not tbh, as we can’t tell if he did or not.

So it’s pretty safe to say he thought of as it actually is... luck and many other reasons people survive such wounds. As long as it makes sense to the author (a fellow human who has the same logical reasoning as us) it should makes sense to us as well.

ok, since you talk about probability im gonna use the same formula, i searched online and Mao was shot multiple times, many of them was in fatal points, doesnt matter how lucky you are it's impossible to survive, another thing, the anime have Always some kind of Logic, ex: in a fantasy world everyone have different magic, NOBODY can have same magic of others, but if the author do side characters with magics that other have then that is a plot holes, since It was said that nobody can have same magic, the Only case is when there are experiments then that could make sense.
irl like I said, yeah, you can be lucky and survive but doesnt matter how lucky you are, if you get shot multiple times, in some fatal wounds then it's impossible to be alive.
doesnt matter if for the author make sense, because if your anime have a Logic then It should have Always that Logic, not use It when you want, that is called plot armour, or, plot hole.
Sep 16, 2022 11:28 AM

Mar 2020
ktg said:
For example, the common sense dictates you don't try something like pushing the scales, because A) the other person can read your mind, so he pushes it before you; B) maybe he has a remote control with him and can detonate the bomb.
You best and actually only option if you truly want to avoid the explosion is to play along while someone defuse it like it happened in the show.

Just because you don't think and you don't have common sense, the show still works in its universe.

I'm too lazy to refute your every points. Think about it and you will know these aren't really plotholes.

Makes no sense, a whole army shot that guy yet he's fine with some bandages? Fine the scales make a bit sense but the plot armor doesn't, he could could just expose him beforehand.
Sep 16, 2022 11:30 AM

Mar 2020
Subham0464 said:
I don't think the writers of this show really knew what they were doing.
A woman gets shot in the stomach with no visible injury to the head and still gets amnesia for some reason.
They introduce geass canceller and then forget about it.
Millions of people somehow sneak in and wear the zero costume.
Some people can just magically nullify the effect of the geass.
The list really goes on.

Honestly seems so
Sep 16, 2022 11:31 AM

Mar 2020
deg said:
ah damn different ways people die are now considered a plot hole too lol all gun shots should be fatal huh

A whole army of police shooting one person should be considered fatal...
Sep 16, 2022 11:32 AM

Mar 2020
official_brown said:
Cause “enjoyment”
when did i say it was mid?
Sep 16, 2022 11:34 AM

Jan 2009
Kurdo said:
deg said:

im sure there are real life incidents showing some superior luck when it comes to that many bullets (the bullets miss vital organs) https://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/03/nyregion/03shot.html
Sep 16, 2022 11:42 AM

Mar 2020
deg said:
Kurdo said:

im sure there are real life incidents showing some superior luck when it comes to that many bullets (the bullets miss vital organs) https://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/03/nyregion/03shot.html
sorry not convincing,but let's say it is how did he heal so quickly anyway? He was a criminal how did he even get out? Because of his geass ha? 0 sense.
Sep 16, 2022 11:46 AM

Jan 2009
Kurdo said:
deg said:

sorry not convincing,but let's say it is how did he heal so quickly anyway? He was a criminal how did he even get out? Because of his geass ha? 0 sense.

well if they miss vital organs they can quickly get up, but anyway i forgot much about this show already since its been more than a decade since last time i saw it
Sep 16, 2022 11:54 AM

Mar 2020
deg said:
Kurdo said:

well if they miss vital organs they can quickly get up, but anyway i forgot much about this show already since its been more than a decade since last time i saw it

Appreciate the effort, not convinced tho.
Sep 16, 2022 1:47 PM
Aug 2022
santosh___15 said:
Yeshwanth_18 said:

lol no Lelouch is a good character sure if we talk about morality and stuff but light yagami is a much much better written character.
Sep 16, 2022 1:51 PM
Aug 2022
talortoo said:
SquanchDaddy said:

You know he is trolling right? If Light hadn’t answered L first “call” it was basically a win for him... so Death Note has it own holes

Anyway nothing is perfect, sometimes it is a must to do for rogressing the story and sometimes it is a bit easier that way, doesn’t change the fact that i watch both around my first 10 anime and after watching over 500 they are still my favorite of all

no light answering L's first call wasn't a plothole by any standard. I believe that's something very basic and human-like someone would do if they encounter such an extraordinary situation. He was carried away in the heat of the moment which is understandable.
nVn123Sep 16, 2022 2:07 PM
Sep 16, 2022 1:53 PM
Aug 2022
Yeshwanth_18 said:

absolutely true.
Though I wouldn't call code geass mid because the ending made it worth it.
Sep 16, 2022 2:07 PM
Mar 2022
starry-- said:
Yeshwanth_18 said:

why are you even comparing Death Note to Code geass? even if there were plot holes, then why is the code geass score higher than the so perfectly made and executed Death note

Death note is perfectly made and executed? You probs need to rewatch it. Especially the last episode.
Sep 16, 2022 2:10 PM
May 2016
Kurdo said:
ktg said:

Makes no sense, a whole army shot that guy yet he's fine with some bandages? Fine the scales make a bit sense but the plot armor doesn't, he could could just expose him beforehand.

When I first started go to self defense class, the teacher's first monologue was something about surviving attacks. He mentioned two extremes. First when you could die even from one stab and about a guy who survived 60 stabs.
So yes, if you consider they had even advanced technology, it perfectly makes sense.

And btw, he didn't wanted to expose him. Why would he try to make contact with someone if he truly wants to expose him? He wanted to beat him, because he thought then C.C would choose him.
The threat with the exposure was simply motivation for Lelouch to play.

It's like you watched it with closed eyes.
Sep 16, 2022 2:11 PM

May 2020
Why would Mao wanna win by just cowardly running to the police? He would also lose C2 this way.

Most of these are not plot holes, you just arent thinking with your brain lol
Sep 16, 2022 2:17 PM

Mar 2020
ktg said:
Kurdo said:

When I first started go to self defense class, the teacher's first monologue was something about surviving attacks. He mentioned two extremes. First when you could die even from one stab and about a guy who survived 60 stabs.
So yes, if you consider they had even advanced technology, it perfectly makes sense.

And btw, he didn't wanted to expose him. Why would he try to make contact with someone if he truly wants to expose him? He wanted to beat him, because he thought then C.C would choose him.

Well if you say so.
Sep 16, 2022 2:18 PM

Mar 2020
CickNipolla said:
Why would Mao wanna win by just cowardly running to the police? He would also lose C2 this way.

Oh look we've got a smartass!
Sep 16, 2022 2:19 PM

May 2020
Kurdo said:
CickNipolla said:

its pretty wild u named like 5 "plot holes" and within hours every single one of them was proven to... not be a plot hole
Sep 16, 2022 2:23 PM

Mar 2020
CickNipolla said:
Kurdo said:

its pretty wild u named like 5 "plot holes" and within hours every single one of them was proven to... not be a plot hole
it's actually unbelievable that it's not what happened.
Sep 16, 2022 2:29 PM

Sep 2020
I agree code shitass is riddled with as many holes as swiss cheese
Sep 16, 2022 2:45 PM
May 2016
Kurdo said:
ktg said:

Well if you say so.

LOL, like a kid... :D
When Mao first encountered Lelouch, Lelouch tricked him. Lelouch didn't play by Mao's rules and Mao understood that.
So, if Mao was aware of that. Why would he tried to face him again? He could expose him when he stayed alive.

If I accept your interpretation of the situations, then that means Mao is complete idiot and his presence creates more plotholes.
While you are not an idiot and actually understand the character, then it's pretty clear why he didn't expose Lelouch.
Sep 16, 2022 3:00 PM
Aug 2021
CickNipolla said:
Kurdo said:

what plot holes are been prove? i don't see that everyone give an answer for nothing
Sep 16, 2022 3:01 PM
Aug 2021
ktg said:
Kurdo said:

Well if you say so.

When Mao first encountered Lelouch, Lelouch tricked him. Lelouch didn't play by Mao's rules and Mao understood that.
So, if Mao was aware of that. Why would he tried to face him again? He could expose him when he stayed alive.

If I accept your interpretation of the situations, then that means Mao is complete idiot and his presence creates more plotholes.
While you are not an idiot and actually understand the character, then it's pretty clear why he didn't expose Lelouch.

why he didn't expose Lelouch? i don't Remember
Sep 16, 2022 3:06 PM
Aug 2021
ktg said:
Kurdo said:

the self defense class should tell you that if the stab is fatal then It doesnt if a person can be stabbed 60 times, he will likely be dead, this even depends on the costitution, a man with no muscle will surely be more dead with 10 stab in confront of someone Who go to Gym for like 3-4 years, having more muscles.
Sep 16, 2022 3:15 PM
Aug 2021
Dije said:
SuntProstMare said:

the self defense class should tell you that if the stab is fatal then It doesnt if a person can be stabbed 60 times, he will likely be dead, this even depends on the costitution, a man with no muscle will surely be more dead with 10 stab in confront of someone Who go to Gym for like 3-4 years, having more muscles.

As you can see from this screen, police was under geass' effect https://i.imgur.com/OtGPt4f.jpg
I remind you that people under the effect of geass have a screwed-up conscience. This is reflected in the subsequent shooting, police fire a lot of shots but very few seems to hit him, because of this. This is confirmed later as well (in season 2 ending), people under geass doesn't perform as good as sane persons. You can't really tell how many hit him, where did you take the number 60?

i think that you quote the wrong message but still, they hitted him, no matter where, having multiplies shots will kill in under a minute because of lose of Blood, we can't determinate how many times he was hit but we can look at the holes in his body, determinating where he was shoot
Sep 16, 2022 3:16 PM

Mar 2020
ktg said:
Kurdo said:

Well if you say so.

why so pressed? It's a civil discussion.
Your answer was pretty similar to Somone else's that's why i didn't bother answering, i suggest you read my other reply, if you want to.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

276 by CobraNotKatsura »»
Apr 23, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

122 by shakinfuture2 »»
Apr 11, 4:51 AM

» Code Geass is an omnipandering anime ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Feb 3

69 by AnimSr »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Feb 18, 2007

142 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

175 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 2:24 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.