Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 6, 2022 10:36 AM
Sep 2021
Are they together…?
Sep 6, 2022 11:02 AM

Apr 2016
Yes, they do appear together in this manga.
Sep 6, 2022 11:27 AM
Sep 2021
Swagernator said:

As in a romantic relationship
Sep 16, 2022 12:07 PM
Nov 2019
hippo21302 said:
Swagernator said:

Ririka and Mary have no romantic partners as of now in the manga. However, they’re very popular together, and do have moments suggesting they could have something more than a friendship in the future.
But, as the focus of the series is about gambling, there’s the chance that it will be left open for interpretation.

Ibara and Rin are in the same family branch, and I cannot answer for them.
Sep 16, 2022 3:41 PM

Apr 2012
EzraVolkihar said:
hippo21302 said:

Ririka and Mary have no romantic partners as of now in the manga. However, they’re very popular together, and do have moments suggesting they could have something more than a friendship in the future.
But, as the focus of the series is about gambling, there’s the chance that it will be left open for interpretation.

If all these "suggesting" worked, then all the characters in the manga should already be in multiple polyamorous relationships. For example, according to the shippers, Mary alone already has at least three "implied" partners, lol. Seriously, don't speculate for the sake of speculation.

hippo21302 said:
Swagernator said:

No, the characters are not romantically involved. And speaking of ships, Ririka is far from being a favorite. Especially if we pretend that the popularity of the ships somehow magically influences the plot.
RobertBobertSep 16, 2022 3:44 PM
Sep 20, 2022 6:33 PM
Nov 2019
RobertBobert said:
EzraVolkihar said:

If all these "suggesting" worked, then all the characters in the manga should already be in multiple polyamorous relationships. For example, according to the shippers, Mary alone already has at least three "implied" partners, lol. Seriously, don't speculate for the sake of speculation.

hippo21302 said:

No, the characters are not romantically involved. And speaking of ships, Ririka is far from being a favorite. Especially if we pretend that the popularity of the ships somehow magically influences the plot.

Ririka “being far from being a favorite” is the furthest thing from the truth. In both popularity polls done from the manga, Ririka reaches the fourth position, being only behind Mary, Kirari and Sayaka. As from the fan’s perspective, Ririka and Mary are the second most written about couple in Archive of Our Own, only behind Kirari and Sayaka. These are the facts. She and the ship are very much popular, the part you are (partially) correct though is whether or not this can influence the plot. But then again, I mentioned before the focus of the series is about gambling, not anything else, so everything left is your made up factually wrong take on Ririka.
Sep 20, 2022 6:43 PM

Apr 2012
EzraVolkihar said:
RobertBobert said:

Ririka “being far from being a favorite” is the furthest thing from the truth. In both popularity polls done from the manga, Ririka reaches the fourth position, being only behind Mary, Kirari and Sayaka. As from the fan’s perspective, Ririka and Mary are the second most written about couple in Archive of Our Own, only behind Kirari and Sayaka. These are the facts. She and the ship is are very much popular, the part you are (partially) correct though is whether or not this can influence the plot. But then again, I mentioned before the focus of the series is about gambling, not anything else, so everything left is your made up take on Ririka.

A popular character and popular pairing are somewhat different things, not to mention that in the matter of shipping, Mary x Jabami, something like the aircraft carrier Enterprise, lol. If the author ever takes the yuri route and ignores the Suzui, I think it will be pretty obvious what kind of ship it will be. I won’t even talk about the Archive, even if we forget about the target audience of such resources (I bet this popularity is due to the fact that Kirari x Sayaka is the only canonical yuri ship and Mary x Ririka is considered a mirror of that, but ok), this is still a Western resource, and even in matters of fandom, its mention is hardly worth anything (in fact, you are the first person in my memory who ever tried to refer to this resource as evidence of the popularity of the ship in Japanese fandom). But as you said yourself, this manga is about gambling, not about ships or romance. Therefore, most of these speculations simply do not make sense, both because of the lack of influence of these speculations on the plot, and because of their speculative nature.
Sep 20, 2022 6:56 PM
Nov 2019
RobertBobert said:
EzraVolkihar said:

Ririka “being far from being a favorite” is the furthest thing from the truth. In both popularity polls done from the manga, Ririka reaches the fourth position, being only behind Mary, Kirari and Sayaka. As from the fan’s perspective, Ririka and Mary are the second most written about couple in Archive of Our Own, only behind Kirari and Sayaka. These are the facts. She and the ship is are very much popular, the part you are (partially) correct though is whether or not this can influence the plot. But then again, I mentioned before the focus of the series is about gambling, not anything else, so everything left is your made up take on Ririka.

A popular character and popular pairing are somewhat different things, not to mention that in the matter of shipping, Mary x Jabami, something like the aircraft carrier Enterprise, lol. If the author ever takes the yuri route and ignores the Suzui, I think it will be pretty obvious what kind of ship it will be. I won’t even talk about the Archive, even if we forget about the target audience of such resources, this is still a Western resource, and even in matters of fandom, its mention is hardly worth anything (in fact, you are the first person in my memory who ever tried to refer to this resource as evidence of the popularity of the ship in Japanese fandom). But as you said yourself, this manga is about gambling, not about ships or romance. Therefore, most of these speculations simply do not make sense, both because of the lack of influence of these speculations on the plot, and because of their speculative nature.

Yet you are wrong again from the very beginning. The pairing is still very popular according to the own manga polling, and also between non western fans, if that’s the classification you want to put. It doesn’t make any sense what you’re countering, as you had no clue about the manga events and no contact with the fans as a whole. If you have no idea about the actual popularity of what you try to argue, just prevent yourself from typing.
Sep 20, 2022 7:01 PM

Apr 2012
EzraVolkihar said:
RobertBobert said:

A popular character and popular pairing are somewhat different things, not to mention that in the matter of shipping, Mary x Jabami, something like the aircraft carrier Enterprise, lol. If the author ever takes the yuri route and ignores the Suzui, I think it will be pretty obvious what kind of ship it will be. I won’t even talk about the Archive, even if we forget about the target audience of such resources, this is still a Western resource, and even in matters of fandom, its mention is hardly worth anything (in fact, you are the first person in my memory who ever tried to refer to this resource as evidence of the popularity of the ship in Japanese fandom). But as you said yourself, this manga is about gambling, not about ships or romance. Therefore, most of these speculations simply do not make sense, both because of the lack of influence of these speculations on the plot, and because of their speculative nature.

Yet you are wrong again from the very beginning. The pairing is still very popular according to the own manga polling, and also between non western fans, if that’s the classification you want to put. It doesn’t make any sense what you’re countering, as you had no clue about the manga events and no contact with the fans as a whole. If you have no idea about the actual popularity of what you try to argue, just prevent yourself from typing.

Character popularity polls only talk about the popularity of the characters, not yet about the pairings themselves. And if you're talking about Japanese fans, then don't refer to Western shipping resources, it's simple. And the fact that you are already trying to non-ironically use "you don't know about the events of the manga" as an argument, or even passive-aggressively implying that by disagreeing with you, I am a "not a true fan" in defense of the popularity of pairing, it only says even more about the uncertainty of your position. I also strongly advise you to read up on echo chambers and the survivor effect before you use the abstract "fan contact" again next time.
Sep 20, 2022 7:14 PM
Nov 2019
RobertBobert said:
EzraVolkihar said:

Character popularity polls only talk about the popularity of the characters, not yet about the pairings themselves. And if you're talking about Japanese fans, then don't refer to Western shipping resources, it's simple. And the fact that you are already trying to non-ironically use "you don't know about the events of the manga" as an argument, or even passive-aggressively implying that by disagreeing with you, I am a "not a true fan" in defense of the popularity of pairing, it only says even more about the uncertainty of your position. I also strongly advise you to read up on echo chambers and the survivor effect before you use the abstract "fan contact" again next time.

My guy, you are so caught up in your debate bro mindset with no actual backing up that you had no clue there were different types of polls, in different years. They encompassed characters and duos, and both showed a great popularity of Ririka and this pair. It is completely valid to bring up this event because it is the proof you had no idea what you were talking about from the moment you said Ririka is far from being popular. She literally got a higher position than the cover girl Yumeko when she hadn’t even started her prime gamble with Rin. Which safely puts me in the position to, dare I say, suggest she could get to top three in the next poll. It is fascinating how you never looked at yourself once in the matter of suggesting, when I was the only one to bring sources… Well, I strongly recommend you to find something better to do online than quoting for the sake of quoting. I myself will try to do anything else than lose time in MAL out of all places.
Sep 20, 2022 7:25 PM

Apr 2012
EzraVolkihar said:
RobertBobert said:

My guy, you are so caught up in your debate bro mindset with no actual backing up that you had no clue there were different types of polls, in different years. They encompassed characters and duos, and both showed a great popularity of Ririka and this pair. It is completely valid to bring up this event because it is the proof you had no idea what you were talking about from the moment you said Ririka is far from being popular. She literally got a higher position than the cover girl Yumeko when she hadn’t even started her prime gamble with Rin. Which safely puts me in the position to, dare I say, suggest she could get to top three in the next poll. It is fascinating how you never looked at yourself once in the matter of suggesting, when I was the only one to bring sources… Well, I strongly recommend you to find something better to do online than quoting for the sake of quoting. I myself will try to do anything else than lose time in MAL out of all places.

To begin with, you continue to twist my words in order to sound convincing, because if you look at my words you quoted, it is pretty obvious that I was talking about Ririka as a pairing choice, and not the character herself. Of course, if you do not assume that you were so arrogant and salty that you just took it out of context without even paying attention. Second, just saying "it was in the poll" does not mean citing sources. Just saying "oh, that was in the poll" while trying to accuse me of not having sources is just magical arrogance, yes. Although why does this continue to amaze me when you literally continue to be arrogant and arrogant, apparently hoping it will make you more persuasive. Unfortunately no. And finally, "duos" and pairings are still different things (not to mention, if Japanese fans had ship polls, why didn't you allude to that from the start by choosing the Western Archive?), this is what someone who has seen similar polls in a bunch of works tells you and they quite often even included literal siblings or friends. Because often it's just "which characters' dynamics do you like the most." But we're not talking about that. The fact that you continue to insist on the character's popularity suggests that this is practically your only argument. And as we found out from your misquoting, it was never even discussed in our dialogue. So going back to the fact that this is all pure speculation based on the fans themselves, you are really wasting your time.

P.S. So, all this crap about fan contact and the events of the manga was based on me not agreeing with your view of the popularity of the ships? Classic. At the same time, I am glad that you understand the shamefulness of such an argument.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakegurui Chapter 25 Discussion

Gala_Lion - May 30, 2017

4 by Crisdarto »»
Feb 24, 6:40 PM

» Next Chapter/Arc

MagneticFluxx - Jan 19

2 by izuna1313 »»
Jan 30, 7:41 PM

» Vol. 6 and Vol. 7 question possable spoiler.

GreedyChip - Jan 16

1 by Alexioos95 »»
Jan 17, 1:03 AM

» Kakegurui Chapter 106.5 Discussion

curvedtree - Dec 23, 2023

0 by curvedtree »»
Dec 23, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Chapter 106 Discussion

curvedtree - Nov 22, 2023

1 by Marinate1016 »»
Nov 30, 2023 1:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.