Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 16, 2023 7:31 PM
Jun 2023
im surprised that toyama wanted to die with a fight. everything about this character is disturbing. 
Sep 15, 2023 7:05 PM
Aug 2023
i really dislike the Theonormals. i hate pessimism, its revolting.
Oct 2, 2023 1:12 PM
Oct 2020
Wow...

I'm embarrassed I didn't catch on to the Edward Hopper inspiration for the Aboveground city until this episode. The emulation of Hopper's style really amplifies the feeling of emptiness, isolation, and desolation that is felt in the Aboveground despite it outwardly appearing to be an idyllic place.

I also adore the way that this show is exploring the stunted growth of humanity. The people Aboveground face no apparent danger, no apparent strife, and so it would seem their only purpose is to wait for death. Meanwhile, in Lux, constant violence, greed, and desperation drives the forces of progress. It's also shocking how Ichise struggled so much to survive in Lux, whereas Aboveground people don't struggle at all. I love that Ichise chooses to forsake the one place he could die a peaceful death in favour of Lux. Man, this show is just on another level entirely. I love it so much.
Jan 11, 6:04 PM
Aug 2021
This might be the best episode. When the old man & lady discuss ghosts and life with Ichise... "If sitting here day after day only reminiscing about the past can be called living".
Doc's suicide after realizing her perseverance in evolving Texnolyze has fallen to deaf ears , after it was her only copium for not being able to have kids...
DEVASTATING. The one single word that describes it.
5/5
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tounoyaboys - Jul 1, 2008

323 by AMfromtheWORLD »»
Apr 24, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - May 6, 2009

174 by chow141 »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ston3_FreeN7 - Nov 14, 2009

66 by Sanak_ »»
Apr 4, 4:08 AM

» If you connected with any of these characters, why?

sheaswee - Feb 7

14 by KitsuFrost »»
Mar 31, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zepwich - Dec 9, 2009

63 by I_is_lost »»
Jan 11, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.