Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 7, 2022 7:18 PM

Feb 2021
I know what my reaction has been. I want to see if anybody or everybody or nobody thinks the same way. I won’t bias your responses by saying what my reaction is just yet. I want to hear your sincere opinions, as detailed or undetailed as your like. Thanks!
Anteiku Anime Reviews
anteikuanimereviews.com
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 7, 2022 7:27 PM
Aug 2021
To put it simply I find no enjoyment from this show and hate the main character as well as disliking most other characters.
Aug 7, 2022 7:28 PM
Aug 2021
BlueHawk02 said:
I know what my reaction has been. I want to see if anybody or everybody or nobody thinks the same way. I won’t bias your responses by saying what my reaction is just yet. I want to hear your sincere opinions, as detailed or undetailed as your like. Thanks!

What do you think of it?
Aug 7, 2022 7:41 PM
May 2020
it's fun 😊 and cute 🥰
Aug 7, 2022 7:42 PM
Sep 2020
I find it amazing and I don’t get all the hate
Aug 7, 2022 7:42 PM

Aug 2021
piss my pants with diogo roque
Aug 7, 2022 7:45 PM
Mar 2022
This is basically your average anime for lonely virgins who lack the ability to go outside.
Aug 7, 2022 7:47 PM
May 2020
Acrovelium said:
This is basically your average anime for lonely virgins who lack the ability to go outside.

shut up bro it's a fun anime
Aug 7, 2022 7:54 PM

Jan 2021
Cringy and a complete waste of time, albeit with some top tier waifus in it.

Aug 7, 2022 7:55 PM

Dec 2021
I love how Rent-a-Girlfriend knows exactly what it is and it achieves exactly what it aims to be. The show wants you to feel distraught over how dysfunctional every character is, and it conveys those feelings to the audience perfectly. I know that a ton of people say that they hate this show, and if you’re one of those people, than ask yourself this: do you still come back every week to watch the newest episode? If you still can’t drop Rent-a-Girlfriend despite how much you say you hate it and you actually find yourself looking forward to watching the next episode, then the show is doing exactly what it sets out to achieve.
Aug 7, 2022 7:56 PM
May 2022
Honestly this show is not something revolutionary when it comes to comedy and it's also not something I would normally watch but I still "enjoy" it.

Yes, Kazuya is annoying but he plays his role in an excellent way. The plot just keeps going on and on, but I don't think it's terrible, Kazuya always finds a new way to mess things up.

Female cast is okay I guess? As I said, Kazuya plays his role very well and this is no exception for the girls.

My only complaint about this series is everyone falling in love with Kazuya:

See, first we had Ruka-chan falling in love with Kazuya INSTANTLY, without knowing him at all. She cried and begged for his love, something that Kazuya definitely doesn't deserve. And here we are now, with her technically being his girlfriend but she's still fine with Kazuya dating Chizuru, even if it's not a real relationship (this goes for both sides).

(Spoilers from latest episode)
So... Now we have Sumi who's possibly in love with Kazuya, and she has fairly good reasons to have some interest in Kazuya, they actually developed a relationship before her showing up her feelings for him.

But still... Why? How is this dude who plays the role of a lonely loser have two girls pursuing him? That makes no sense whatsoever. Kazuya losses his purpose, kind of.

Besides that problem, I personally think the series is very well written and I understand why is it so enjoyable for most people, and I also understand why a lot of people don't like this series.

I wouldn't recommend this to a friend, and I can't say I enjoy it, but I'm down to watch it until it's finished cause the story got me interested, you know? Even if it's something I wouldn't normally watch, I think everyone should give this show a chance.

Thank you for reading!
Aug 7, 2022 7:56 PM
Aug 2021
I genuinely didn’t find it funny. I loved the art but that’s all I find appealing about this show. None of the characters’ are particularly intriguing either, Ruka is the equivalent of a child, Sumi is just a cute cardboard cut-out, Mami is a toxic bitch, Chizuru is independent but she somehow sticks to the protagonist? I hate the pathetic being that is the protagonist. The story’s pretty much a basic waifu-bait.
Aug 7, 2022 8:04 PM
May 2021
rent a girlfriend was one of the first anime I seen, and my initial thoughts were "wow, this is dumb asf" it wasn't boring at least, but I thought sum shi was so dumb like ruka acts like a child, Kazuya (the worst mc in any anime i seen) is just a down bad mf who simping for what's basically a prostitute, chizuru feels too bland like she could've been alr if she had more, sumi is okay she barely appears tho, and mami is the only character that I like (kibe is aight), like mami has every right to be a bitch to Kazuya, she's overhated, and honestly the idea of "renting a girlfriend" is so dumb like ain't no way sum gon fr rent a girlfriend bro, Kazuya 99% of the time thinks with his dick, also the show is just cringy
j0sh_183Aug 7, 2022 8:08 PM
Aug 7, 2022 8:04 PM
Jul 2022
It's absolutely fucking dumb and trash.
Aug 7, 2022 8:05 PM

May 2021
I think the hate is mostly directed towards Kazuya because, even if it's on a silver platter, he doesn't do the obvious.

Removing that, my thoughts on the show in general were that it was "another romantic comedy", which I honestly would have forgotten about if it weren't for the second season announcement and the countless memes against its manga.

Aug 7, 2022 8:06 PM

Dec 2020
My reaction while watching the eps are basically this:- bruhh. Cringefest at its finest. I dont know why people people keep coming back to this shitshow.
Aug 7, 2022 8:11 PM

Mar 2021
every episode I feel cringe just by watching the anime. The female characters are much better than Kazuya.
Aug 7, 2022 8:15 PM
Oct 2019
My core reaction is a constant and unending state of cringe - worse than that of watching Watamote (and that was unbelievably painful enough for me to stop halfway through). I made it through one episode of this one so far this season and can't bring myself to start the next one.
Aug 7, 2022 8:22 PM
Jan 2021
WeeabooJax64 said:

me too, i look forward to every episode
Aug 7, 2022 8:33 PM

May 2021
Some good female characters and WTF are you doing Kazuya?!

Aug 7, 2022 8:38 PM
Jan 2021
It’s a fun anime, I enjoy it like most anime.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Aug 7, 2022 8:41 PM
Feb 2018
Loving it. MC is terrible, and in a way that’s what’s amazing about him. I pretty much like him, as well as the rest. I see a lot of “cringe” but at this point, I don’t even know what would be the meaning of it, for all I know watching anime itself is cringe LOL. Maybe some are frustrated because they are like him and hate that part of themselves hence despise being reminded of it? Who knows… Love the anime, reading the manga (that I love too) as well which has some pretty crucial information left out by the anime.
Aug 7, 2022 9:00 PM

Nov 2021
I pity for kazuya (like in last episode, when he was crying), but still he somehow ends up doing something cringe, which results in whatever shit is happening.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Aug 7, 2022 9:09 PM
Jun 2022
First season i get while people dont like the show. But if your a person who can keep an open mind and see what stuff they going through you will enjoy it. Also season 2 is really good so far like looking forward to new drops every week
Aug 7, 2022 9:15 PM
Jan 2021
I found the kazuhas decisions and thoughts to be understandable although not always agreeable. I enjoy seeing the mess of this guy's life unfold. Also Mami is pretty cool, so I'm interested in what she does next too
Aug 7, 2022 9:31 PM
Mar 2019
My take is very simple.

It's enjoyable trash
Aug 7, 2022 9:41 PM
Jun 2022
BlueHawk02 said:

it's complicated, the side characters are nicely done, although not as good as aot or tonikawa side characters but fairly good, the mc just feels off as in I cannot resonate with his decisions and actions, plus they story is average so it's best a 6/10 for me.
Aug 7, 2022 9:48 PM
May 2022
It’s childish and cringey
Aug 7, 2022 10:25 PM
Jun 2022
Imma be honest sometimes you just need a trash story mixed in with a awful mc and a ton of waifus

Tbh once you watch enough trash you find joy even in the most simple of things
Aug 7, 2022 10:45 PM
Jul 2022
Kyoketski said:
Acrovelium said:

shut up bro it's a fun anime

Go outside brodie
Aug 7, 2022 10:48 PM
Jul 2022
WeeabooJax64 said:

So you think renting someone who does not love you almost everyday while there are 2-3 more bitches who actually love you but u don't care is amazing? This shit is GARBAGE
Aug 7, 2022 11:06 PM
Jul 2020
I think the show is entertaining and the characters are fun to watch and even though Kazuya is pathetic it doesn't ruin the story for me.
Aug 7, 2022 11:17 PM
Aug 2022
Yo amo este anime me verdad, me río a carcajadas y me emociono como colegiala en cada capítulo jajaja

El anime está bien, sin duda le llueve un montón de hate pero al menos a mí me gusta y se que el protagonista tiene mucho que crecer pero es interesante ver cómo al menos lo intenta y confío en que eventualmente lo hará y será un protagonista respetable.

El creador tiene una relación rara con su obra jajaja pero eso es tema aparte, a mí me gusta Rent A Girlfriend y me divierto mucho viéndola.
Aug 7, 2022 11:18 PM
May 2019
General disgust at how shit it is and bewilderment that it is so popular.
Aug 7, 2022 11:19 PM
Aug 2022
Kyoketski said:
it's fun 😊 and cute 🥰

It is a beautiful, entertaining work, it does not seek to be a masterpiece and it entertains and excites, I declare myself a fan

9/10

pd: RukaGOD 🛐❤️
Aug 7, 2022 11:21 PM
Aug 2022
It doesn't deserve the hate it receives because it doesn't pretend to be an intellectual work and the fact that its creator is kind of weird is a separate issue.

The anime is fun, it entertains and at least I get excited when I see it, I think it's a very nice work.

9/10

PD: RukaGOD 🛐❤️
Aug 7, 2022 11:31 PM
Jul 2022
I enjoy it. Don't care about the haters.
Aug 8, 2022 12:03 AM
Jun 2022
I like it. And honestly I didn’t really hate kazuya until the latest episode at the time of writing this. It actually made me cringe.
Aug 8, 2022 12:28 AM

Jun 2017
huge dumpsterfire with a terribly written MC and overrated waifus (chizuru is absolute worst). I fucking love it!!!
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Aug 8, 2022 12:35 AM
Feb 2022
A cringefest that's deadass exasperating.
Aug 8, 2022 12:49 AM

Aug 2020
Before watching: "Hey this is interesting"

3 episodes later: "Wow this kazuya asshat might be the worst protagonist of all time.."
Keep scrolling
Aug 8, 2022 12:57 AM
Jan 2022
It's irritating, yet entertaining. It's annoying, yet exciting. It's just fun to watch. Irrespective of alll the various aspects of this wow which are hated by many people(even i don't like some of them), the anime, as a show/work of fiction is quite good. Plus the animation is really nice.
Aug 8, 2022 1:03 AM

Mar 2019
First few episodes were fine, trash afterwards
Aug 8, 2022 1:37 AM
Jan 2021
I like it and I find it interesting as well
Aug 8, 2022 1:52 AM
Apr 2020
i think everyine can agree that this is the worst show mankind has ever made. Id rather watch CW Swries of Batgirl than this trash
Aug 8, 2022 2:33 AM
May 2021
It's basically an avg anime which can be forgotten once it is over, mc is a complete trash who thinks with his dick...
Even the personality of female characters are questionable...
The only reason people watch it is coz of its art...
6/10 at Max for me
Aug 8, 2022 3:06 AM
Jul 2021
the mc is really pitiful but the anime is cool
Aug 8, 2022 4:05 AM
May 2022
Tyrant_Inferno said:
I love how Rent-a-Girlfriend knows exactly what it is and it achieves exactly what it aims to be. The show wants you to feel distraught over how dysfunctional every character is, and it conveys those feelings to the audience perfectly. I know that a ton of people say that they hate this show, and if you’re one of those people, than ask yourself this: do you still come back every week to watch the newest episode? If you still can’t drop Rent-a-Girlfriend despite how much you say you hate it and you actually find yourself looking forward to watching the next episode, then the show is doing exactly what it sets out to achieve.

100% ............
Aug 8, 2022 4:23 AM
Apr 2021
It was a decent comedy, romance, Harem anime and i liked it for what it was, but now that everyone says that there's no development whatsoever even after 200 chapter idk what to think. I saw potential in the main character to grow as a person and have a redemption but for what I heard he doesn't change that much
Aug 8, 2022 4:42 AM
Jun 2022
while most of the times i am uncomfortable af while watching this shit because there is some dumb shit happening sometimes i relate to the main character because i see myself doing that shit because i am lonely to so thats why i enjoy it lmao
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

» Do Japanese men are really like this?

mufarari - Mar 8

13 by KayKimii »»
Mar 19, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.