Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 19, 2022 2:24 AM

May 2020
Theres no denying that seasonal week-by-week viewing of anime significantly decreased the enjoyment and quality of a show. Watching one episode a week just isnt the same as watching a few at a time. You wait a year for a season to air and its more setting up things than anything.

My Hero Academia S5 comes off boring when you watch week by week, because new gen anime fans cant handle slow paced shows. The messages and themes of S5 are actually really well thought out and executed. People just expected 24/7 intense action, which obviously cant always be going on.

Bakugo learning team work, Deku learning a lot about All for One, Endeavor family redemption, Kurogiri, and Shigaraki backstory are the core aspects of the show. You arent supposed to look at S5 for its action/battles
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 19, 2022 2:37 AM

Feb 2021
nah season 5 was just bad and i didnt watch it weekly
i didnt care about the poor animation this season but the first arc was boring, and other arcs were destroyed by how rushed it was
Anime is love. Anime is life.
Jul 19, 2022 2:41 AM

Feb 2021
woah this is some crappy taste here
SpinStudiosJul 19, 2022 2:44 AM
Jul 19, 2022 2:41 AM
Jun 2022
CickNipolla said:
Theres no denying that seasonal week-by-week viewing of anime significantly decreased the enjoyment and quality of a show. Watching one episode a week just isnt the same as watching a few at a time. You wait a year for a season to air and its more setting up things than anything.

My Hero Academia S5 comes off boring when you watch week by week, because new gen anime fans cant handle slow paced shows. The messages and themes of S5 are actually really well thought out and executed. People just expected 24/7 intense action, which obviously cant always be going on.

Bakugo learning team work, Deku learning a lot about All for One, Endeavor family redemption, Kurogiri, and Shigaraki backstory are the core aspects of the show. You arent supposed to look at S5 for its action/battles

see it wasn't bad just different from previous ones, personally I didn't like it because I felt character development was a little slow but that doesn't mean it was bad in any way just a little less action is all.
Jul 19, 2022 2:42 AM

May 2020
veteranadi said:
CickNipolla said:

see it wasn't bad just different from previous ones, personally I didn't like it because I felt character development was a little slow but that doesn't mean it was bad in any way just a little less action is all.

theres only so much character development that can be done when you have like 25+ important characters now lol. i think bakugo and endeavor got a ton of development though
Jul 19, 2022 2:43 AM
Dec 2020
I agree actually. People tend to have short attention spans these days (including me lol) but when the action eventually does come, the build up would have been worth it
Jul 19, 2022 2:44 AM
Oct 2019
Nope s5 was just terrible is general lol. The other seasons were good tho
Jul 19, 2022 2:48 AM
Sep 2020
what you said is right just the only thing which i disliked was my villian academia getting very less episodes when it deserved around 8-10 episodes
Jul 19, 2022 2:48 AM
Oct 2019
CickNipolla said:
DarkSoul1782 said:
Nope s5 was just terrible is general lol. The other seasons were good tho

> claims something is bad without elaborating
> gives quintessential quinuplets s2 a 9/10.

lol

Akame ga kill is one of ur fav anime bro don't even chat
Jul 19, 2022 2:53 AM
Mar 2021
CickNipolla said:

when it was airing I started watching mha and by the time I completed season 4, the first half was already aired so I binge watched it and it was still really mid, it has nothing to do with how you watch it "mid will remain mid"
Jul 19, 2022 2:53 AM
Jan 2021
Nope. Not at all. S5 was just absolute garbage. I watched it weekly till ep 4, then forgot it existed and then after it finished airing I made the second greatest mistake of my life and completing it. So no. It being weekly airing isn't the reason this season is bad. Because if that was the case then other slower-paced shows would have had the same reception. But guess what. They don't.
Jul 19, 2022 2:55 AM

Feb 2021
DarkSoul1782 said:
CickNipolla said:

> claims something is bad without elaborating
> gives quintessential quinuplets s2 a 9/10.

lol

this guy is a troll, can't be otherwise
Jul 19, 2022 2:55 AM
Oct 2019
CickNipolla said:
DarkSoul1782 said:

bro gave a 9/10 to an anime that sexualizes 15 year olds

You literally gave highschool of the dead a 9 😭
Jul 19, 2022 2:56 AM
Jan 2021
CickNipolla said:
VaggPe said:
Nope. Not at all. S5 was just absolute garbage. I watched it weekly till ep 4, then forgot it existed and then after it finished airing I made the second greatest mistake of my life and completing it. So no. It being weekly airing isn't the reason this season is bad. Because if that was the case then other slower-paced shows would have had the same reception. But guess what. They don't.

i assume the first biggest mistake u made was thinking steins;gate is good?

And yours is thinking that code Geass, your lie in April, bunny girl senpai, mha s5 and Akame ga kill are good.
Jul 19, 2022 2:58 AM
Jan 2021
CickNipolla said:
VaggPe said:

And yours is thinking that code Geass, your lie in April, bunny girl senpai, mha s5 and Akame ga kill are good.

i think steins;gate was awarded "best show to fall asleep to" in 2021

No, because that was given to mha s5
Jul 19, 2022 3:02 AM
Jan 2021
CickNipolla said:
VaggPe said:

No, because that was given to mha s5

odd cuz only one of these shows won an award at crunchyroll awards for 2021(it was my hero)

Meanwhile sg came out in 2011 lmao. And if you seriously consider the Crunchyroll anime awards a valid source then idfk what to tell you. And I still can't wrap my head around the fact that you're genuinely comparing sg to one of the worst seasons of anime ever.
Jul 19, 2022 3:03 AM
Jul 2021
My villian academia should have had a bigger spotlight than it did, kicking off the season and carrying the momentum, instead we had to start which is in my opinion the weakest arc in the whole manga, it only has one episode that is really worth watching, endeavor arc should have been positioned better and paced better, in general it was a rushed work that wasn't planned correctly, I agree that a lot of fans can't stand build up and want action but I don't think that's the reason for the failure of this season, MVA is considered by so many to be one of the very best arcs in the manga but in the anime it is not, because there was a slug to get to it and the arc itself felt rushed, perhaps my expectations were pretty high but I expected this arc to shine not feel the studio wants to get it done with
Jul 19, 2022 3:05 AM

Apr 2022
nah i binged this once all the episodes were out and i think it was worse compared to the other seasons
Jul 19, 2022 3:05 AM

May 2020
Hussein9 said:
My villian academia should have had a bigger spotlight than it did, kicking off the season and carrying the momentum, instead we had to start which is in my opinion the weakest arc in the whole manga, it only has one episode that is really worth watching, endeavor arc should have been positioned better and paced better, in general it was a rushed work that wasn't planned correctly, I agree that a lot of fans can't stand build up and want action but I don't think that's the reason for the failure of this season, MVA is considered by so many to be one of the very best arcs in the manga but in the anime it is not, because there was a slug to get to it and the arc itself felt rushed, perhaps my expectations were pretty high but I expected this arc to shine not feel the studio wants to get it done with

I personally dont think MVA mattered for any character other than Shigaraki. The rest of the league of villains just arent interesting apart from Dabi. They handled Shigaraki's "coming of age" really well and his back story was done extremely well as well. thats all i really needed from MVA.
Jul 19, 2022 3:06 AM
Jan 2021
CickNipolla said:
VaggPe said:

Meanwhile sg came out in 2011 lmao. And if you seriously consider the Crunchyroll anime awards a valid source then idfk what to tell you. And I still can't wrap my head around the fact that you're genuinely comparing sg to one of the worst seasons of anime ever.

mha is more popular than steins;gate, thats unlucky.

Wtf does this have to do with anything. If the popularity of a show, shows how good the show is then Sao is the 5th greatest anime of all time. Also, Sg is ranked way higher than mha, that's unlucky.
Jul 19, 2022 3:09 AM
Jul 2021
CickNipolla said:
Hussein9 said:

I personally dont think MVA mattered for any character other than Shigaraki. The rest of the league of villains just arent interesting apart from Dabi. They handled Shigaraki's "coming of age" really well and his back story was done extremely well as well. thats all i really needed from MVA.

I agree that shikaragi is the main focus of the arc, but the build up matter just as much when you are going through the villians one by one and Shikaragi is the conclusion, it gave it a much bigger omph to me when I was reading the manga, how he is basically in a league of his own when it comes to his motivation, also the art helped a lot it was peak MHA art in the manga for me, at the end of the day my main complaint about the season is the pacing of the first arc
Jul 19, 2022 3:09 AM
Apr 2019
Not only seasonal watch, the real problem is garbage pacing. First arc should've only last 5 eps max. 1 match 1 eps. But nah, they had 5 minutes of recaps every eps, use too much flashback, useless anime original, etc. The first arc is an action dependent arc, it's not really story driven. So to make it enjoyable is having a fast paced and fluid action, not a repetitive flashback and dialogue every 2 minutes.

The best fight imo is the first one, and that's because it only lasted 1 eps. Even that eps is still not perfect imo, still too much boring info dump.
Jul 19, 2022 3:10 AM
Oct 2019
CickNipolla said:
DarkSoul1782 said:

You literally gave highschool of the dead a 9 😭

they are all 18, please stop defending the sexualization of the minors in quintessential quintuplets.

Takagi is 16. Takashi is 17. Rei is 17. Arisu is 9. PLEASE do some research before claiming something which it isnt
Jul 19, 2022 3:13 AM

May 2020
Hussein9 said:
CickNipolla said:

I agree that shikaragi is the main focus of the arc, but the build up matter just as much when you are going through the villians one by one and Shikaragi is the conclusion, it gave it a much bigger omph to me when I was reading the manga, how he is basically in a league of his own when it comes to his motivation, also the art helped a lot it was peak MHA art in the manga for me, at the end of the day my main complaint about the season is the pacing of the first arc

No animation studio apart from ufotable can accurately animate top of the line manga art.

it hasnt worked with berserk, or tokyo ghoul, and other manga that are just too detailed to be put into anime.
Jul 19, 2022 3:15 AM
Jan 2021
[quote=CickNipolla message=66909493]
VaggPe said:
CickNipolla said:

mha is more popular than steins;gate, thats unlucky.

Wtf does this have to do with anything. If the popularity of a show, shows how good the show is then Sao is the 5th greatest anime of all time. Also, Sg is ranked way higher than mha, that's unlucky.[/quote

MHA in 3 less years got ranked far higher than steins;gate... rip

Got ranked far higher where??? Because when I see on mal I still see sg ranked at number 4, meanwhile the highest rated season of mha (s2) sits at number 374. Also, I think you should stop watching anime and go back to school because your math is worse than a baby's. Because last time I checked mha s1 came out in 2016. That 6 years ago. So...rip
Jul 19, 2022 3:15 AM
Dec 2019
It was bad season because the first arc of the season was underwhelming but necessary to introduce our our protagonist’s 500 other quirks, the second arc was bad because supposedly it was handled poorly, I say “supposedly” because I just didn’t like MVA at all, manga or anime, I don’t have a reason I just didn’t like it and most importantly, the season in comparison to other seasons struggled when the movie was in production along with the anime and given what we got, we all saw where the emphasis went but aye the movie was great so that’s plus even tho that plus does nothing for the anime.

Keep in fact what we want to see vs what we get, when you give us a set-up season, obviously there’s gonna be mixed feelings, although at this point this season could’ve been split into ova’s, maybe that’s just me

In layman’s terms that’s what it looks like to me, of course others can go In depth, I just don’t care enough about the season to do so myself.
Jul 19, 2022 3:17 AM
Aug 2021
All the other anime also come week to week but we enjoyed it but MHA S5 adaptation was so bad, the pacing was not good and My villain acedemia arc's adaptation was shit
Jul 19, 2022 3:20 AM
Jan 2021
[quote=CickNipolla message=66909553]
VaggPe said:
CickNipolla said:

Got ranked far higher where??? Because when I see on mal I still see sg ranked at number 4, meanwhile the highest rated season of mha (s2) sits at number 374. Also, I think you should stop watching anime and go back to school because your math is worse than a baby's. Because last time I checked mha s1 came out in 2016. That 6 years ago. So...rip

yea my hero academia was by far the most popular show of the past decade

Hell no it wasn't. Wtf. Aot, demon slayer, Sao are all more popular. Wtf are you on about. And also when does popularity=quality. Oh sorry, I used a symbol that you're not familiar with. "=" It's a symbol used to show equality.
Jul 19, 2022 3:24 AM
Aug 2021
CickNipolla said:
somil_singh26 said:
All the other anime also come week to week but we enjoyed it but MHA S5 adaptation was so bad, the pacing was not good and My villain acedemia arc's adaptation was shit

you cant use pacing as a negative when u have steins;gate in ur favs. its first 12 episodes are paced extremely poorly.
It's not just about the pacing, story plays a major role, you can't compare Steins gate with MHA, that Midoriya part was important but the other fights were seperated in episodes which was unnecessary, they could have given MVA arc more episodes and see I like MHA and it is my honest thought on it
Jul 19, 2022 3:27 AM

May 2020
somil_singh26 said:
CickNipolla said:

you cant use pacing as a negative when u have steins;gate in ur favs. its first 12 episodes are paced extremely poorly.
It's not just about the pacing, story plays a major role, you can't compare Steins gate with MHA, that Midoriya part was important but the other fights were seperated in episodes which was unnecessary, they could have given MVA arc more episodes and see I like MHA and it is my honest thought on it

you cant brush off the poor pacing of a show you like and then use the poor pacing of a season you dont like as a reason its bad. thats just being unfairly biased
Jul 19, 2022 3:28 AM
Jan 2021
[quote=CickNipolla message=66909579]
VaggPe said:
CickNipolla said:

Hell no it wasn't. Wtf. Aot, demon slayer, Sao are all more popular. Wtf are you on about. And also when does popularity=quality. Oh sorry, I used a symbol that you're not familiar with. "=" It's a symbol used to show equality.

demon slayer came out in 2019 lol. aot had a 4 year hiatus

So? Wtf are you even talking about. Do you even know what a decade is? You're genuinely the stupidest person I've had a discussion with in my entire life. You make points that are simply invalid and the make no fucking sense. Most of the time you even invalidate your own points. Like, wtf. Also,a decade means 10 years. By past decade you mean the years from the start of 2010 to the end of 2019. Now I know I'm going to blow your mind but check me out. The year 2019 is between the beginning of 2010 and the end of 2019. Demon slayer came out at that period. Now s1 of aot, aka the most popular anime ever, came out in 2013. Which guess what. Is also between the years 2010 and 2019. Crazy right?
Jul 19, 2022 3:30 AM

May 2020
[quote=VaggPe message=66909617]
CickNipolla said:
VaggPe said:

demon slayer came out in 2019 lol. aot had a 4 year hiatus

So? Wtf are you even talking about. Do you even know what a decade is? You're genuinely the stupidest person I've had a discussion with in my entire life. You make points that are simply invalid and the make no fucking sense. Most of the time you even invalidate your own points. Like, wtf. Also,a decade means 10 years. By past decade you mean the years from the start of 2010 to the end of 2019. Now I know I'm going to blow your mind but check me out. The year 2019 is between the beginning of 2010 and the end of 2019. Demon slayer came out at that period. Now s1 of aot, aka the most popular anime ever, came out in 2013. Which guess what. Is also between the years 2010 and 2019. Crazy right?

well if we look at the decade 2016-2006 my hero was the most popular anime as well
Jul 19, 2022 3:31 AM
Aug 2021
CickNipolla said:
somil_singh26 said:

you cant brush off the poor pacing of a show you like and then use the poor pacing of a season you dont like as a reason its bad. thats just being unfairly biased
Ok at this point you are just a blind MHA fanboi, have you read Steins gate's novel? How can you say the pacing was bad? The pacing was perfect for the story
Jul 19, 2022 3:32 AM

May 2020
somil_singh26 said:
CickNipolla said:

Ok at this point you are just a blind MHA fanboi, have you read Steins gate's novel? How can you say the pacing was bad? The pacing was perfect for the story

the pacing at the beginning of steins gate was extremely poorly done
Jul 19, 2022 3:35 AM
Jan 2021
[quote=CickNipolla message=66909632]
VaggPe said:
CickNipolla said:

well if we look at the decade 2016-2006 my hero was the most popular anime as well

You're trolling right? You can't seriously be that this stupid. Like wtf. Death note, full metal alchemist brotherhood, opm s1 all came out in this period. And guess what. All more popular than mha. At least if you're going to make up a decade, at least your argument should be valid. Because you're still fucking wrong.
Jul 19, 2022 3:38 AM
Aug 2021
CickNipolla said:
somil_singh26 said:

the pacing at the beginning of steins gate was extremely poorly done
I am sorry I like shit like Steins gate and say bad about masterpieces like MHA... Bye
Jul 19, 2022 3:52 AM

Jul 2011
Cestlavie_ said:
Nah they changed the order of events for S5 that's why the first half was boring to get through
added some filler and put the most interesting arc that was supposed to start the season at the end
with meh animation, just made the season come of as meh

MVA was not the start of the season. Yes, they changed the order, but it could have been the second part. Filler doesn’t matter, as every season has a filler episode.
Jul 19, 2022 4:23 AM
Jul 2021
I didn't watch it weekly and I still thought s5 was a snooze fest. I like s1, 2, 3 and 4 but 5 was mediocre at best
Jul 19, 2022 4:24 AM

Jul 2021
I watched it after it ended airing. Still very bad 👍

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
Jul 19, 2022 4:36 AM
Aug 2021
Season 5 was pretty good when I binged it. Although for most of the people who hate it, I don’t think that binging it would cause their hate for it to go down by that much.

But I do see what you’re trying to say, and I definitely agree that when people watch a show like this weekly, they’re probably not getting the best experience. Shows like this typically have a few ‘boring’ episodes that lead up to the ‘hype’ episodes, so if you’re only watching one 24 minute episode per week, it’s gonna take quite a while to get to any of the truly ‘hype’ material.
Jul 19, 2022 4:43 AM
Jul 2021
_-Nakura-_ said:
dont remember asking though.

here fetch your "cool" card
Jul 19, 2022 4:53 AM
Aug 2020
i agree with the part that watching one episode a week makes someone lose interest..... but season 5 was bad in general 🥲🥲🥲
Cant think of a signature
Jul 19, 2022 5:20 AM
Oct 2021
Bro, the season butcher the Villain Academia Arc, undoubtedly the best arc of MHA.
Jul 19, 2022 5:22 AM
Jul 2020
CickNipolla said:

I agree to this, I see my peers shit on mha s5 a lot but it wasn't actually all that bad.
Jul 19, 2022 5:44 AM
Aug 2021
no it was just bad. I didn't watch it weekly. I waited for all the episodes to come out and it was still bad. it was a bad copy of the other seasons. it was boring. but i saw spoilers for next season so i have expectations for it. we'll see
Jul 19, 2022 6:09 AM
Dec 2020
i watched s5 only once all the eps were released and i thought it was okay. it wasn’t my favorite mha season but i think it gets too much hate.
Jul 19, 2022 6:39 AM

Jan 2020
CickNipolla said:

Nah the first half was shit in ANY shounen
Jul 19, 2022 6:40 AM

Feb 2010
I wouldn't say I hate season 5, but I didn't like that they phoned it in with MVA
Jul 19, 2022 7:07 AM
Apr 2022
The thing about this that alot of people don't understand is that every anime releases a new episode once a week when a new season is airing. However there are some shows that continue to run with only a 1 - 2 month break between each season (One Piece, Bleach, Naruto) and that's because those were the Big 3. To keep their popularity up, they had to continue running. Then there are seasonal shows, that aires a new Season every 9 - 12 months (MHA, Demon Slayer, Bleach Thousand Year Blood War, ext)

Personally I didn't think it was the best season , I still like Season 2, 4, then 3 more but I rather enjoyed it. I think I rated Season 5 a 9/10. I typically don't rate harshly unless I really didn't enjoy it.
Jul 19, 2022 7:27 AM
Jun 2022
Tbh as much as this season gets hated on I personally find this season as a buffer for season 6 this season was just kinda building the characters up and adding more depth to them to prepare for season 6.

Now keep in mind I am anime only so if this was just a really bad adaptation of the chapters then that’s something else.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

202 by bapaejoget »»
Apr 18, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

193 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 9, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

297 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Yurisu »»
Mar 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

144 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.