Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
May 16, 2022 3:11 PM
Oct 2020
Should I watch Monogatari in the light novel order or the airing order, because I know that they are only slightly different, but I just want to be sure.
May 16, 2022 3:21 PM

Sep 2020
I recommend the light novel order. However if you get confused just have the chronological order present just so you know where things fall in place in the timeline
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2022 3:23 PM

Sep 2020
Yuri_Niji said:
I recommend the light novel order. However if you get confused just have the chronological order present just so you know where things fall in place in the timeline

Both of these are the orders. First is Light Novel and then Second is the chronological order
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2022 3:32 PM
Feb 2021
Light novel is the best way
May 16, 2022 3:44 PM
Sep 2020
Yuri_Niji said:
Yuri_Niji said:

Both of these are the orders. First is Light Novel and then Second is the chronological order

jesus christ... 😅
May 16, 2022 4:02 PM
Nov 2018
NoXgamez said:
Should I watch Monogatari in the light novel order or the airing order, because I know that they are only slightly different, but I just want to be sure.

you can search on google you know? its faster
monogatari series order, second pic on image tab

this one includes all the unadapted ones, putted in a different place than the anime adaptation, etc
May 16, 2022 4:12 PM
Oct 2020
KayShawn258 said:
NoXgamez said:

you can search on google you know?

yes, i know, but that always gives me mixed results, so i decided to do a poll instead
May 16, 2022 4:28 PM
Jul 2019
pick the one that YOU want to watch. Both ways are correct as long as you start with Bakemonogatari that's what matters most.
May 16, 2022 4:37 PM
Feb 2021
Light novel release but switch Bake with the Kizu films when starting the series because Bakemonogatari makes a better starting point even if it isn’t first.
May 16, 2022 4:44 PM
Jun 2012
Chronological order. Airing release should be ok as well, but I prefer the chronological one. Don't know how the light novel goes
May 16, 2022 6:03 PM
Nov 2021
my personal order was:

bake
kizu
nise
neko
mono s2 eps 1-11
hana
mono s2 eps 12-22
tsuki
owari s1
koyomi
owari s2
zoku owari

-this made the most sense for me and i didn't get confused while watching since everything fit really nicely. is recommend it this way, but whatever way you want is fine too. :)
May 16, 2022 6:03 PM
Jul 2019
Don't ever use chronological order for your first watch of this series. Authors of books and series have intended it to be watched in release order.

So, both airing and book orders are okay, just don't watch in chronological order.
May 16, 2022 8:30 PM
Jul 2021
Yuri_Niji said:
Yuri_Niji said:

I'm starting to really get into this amazing series. I was hooked as soon as I watched Bakemonogatari but after watching the kizumonogatari movies this may be one of my favourite anime ever. Love that there's so much of it. Very helpful thank you👍👍
May 16, 2022 8:46 PM
Ejさま
Jan 2017
Yuri_Niji said:
Yuri_Niji said:

How exactly do I read that chronological list?
Ej사마
May 16, 2022 9:13 PM
Nov 2021
in the order that they came out
May 16, 2022 11:19 PM

May 2021
Bakemonogatari -> Nisemonogatari -> Nekomonogatari: Kuro -> Monogatari Series: Second Season -> Hanamonogatari -> Tsukimonogatari -> Owarimonogatari -> Kizumonogatari I: Tekketsu-hen -> Kizumonogatari II: Nekketsu-hen -> Kizumonogatari III: Reiketsu-hen -> Koyomimonogatari -> Owarimonogatari Second Season -> Zoku Owarimonogatari
There are tons of forums with this topic,before creating one,u should atleast research a bit.
May 17, 2022 2:36 AM

Sep 2020
Ej_Otaku_sama said:
Yuri_Niji said:

How exactly do I read that chronological list?
it has the month it is based in on the right. Then episode number and then the series it is in. After that it has the episode number in that series and then it has the arc name on the far right
May 17, 2022 4:46 AM
Mar 2018
I found it easier to see it in novel release order and having a list that shows where each fits in chronologically if I ever got confused. When rewatching it, since I already remember most of what happens, I usually just try to watch it as chronologically in order as possible, like pausing arcs for a koyomimonogatari episode or switching up the order of certain arcs.
May 17, 2022 6:08 AM
Jul 2020
CBPman9001 said:
Light novel release but switch Bake with the Kizu films when starting the series because Bakemonogatari makes a better starting point even if it isn’t first.

Bake is first in light novel release
May 17, 2022 1:49 PM
Oct 2020
KP_SENSEI said:
Bakemonogatari -> Nisemonogatari -> Nekomonogatari: Kuro -> Monogatari Series: Second Season -> Hanamonogatari -> Tsukimonogatari -> Owarimonogatari -> Kizumonogatari I: Tekketsu-hen -> Kizumonogatari II: Nekketsu-hen -> Kizumonogatari III: Reiketsu-hen -> Koyomimonogatari -> Owarimonogatari Second Season -> Zoku Owarimonogatari
There are tons of forums with this topic,before creating one,u should atleast research a bit.
you clearly misread the point of this, its a poll whether I should watch the anime release order, or the light novel order, and yes, I did research the topic, but Google gives me both results, so I just wanted to be sure which is the better way to watch it for the first time
May 17, 2022 10:49 PM
Feb 2021
Austin_Bale said:
CBPman9001 said:

Bake is first in light novel release

I knew that the Kizu light novel released later on but recently I saw a Monogatari season one light novel box set with Kizu as the first installment and that made me think that is how it should be.
May 18, 2022 5:41 AM
Mar 2019
Watch Katanagatari and then stop. Easy.
May 18, 2022 6:01 AM
Sep 2016
I would suggest release order on the first watch for the experience and then go to light novel order to understand the storyline
May 19, 2022 10:42 PM

Oct 2021
Follow the novel order. The release order is just terrible.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

510 by deem0n »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

26 by gauravb28 »»
Apr 23, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

518 by wimpis »»
Apr 21, 6:15 AM

» Renai Circulation ost

DexterDrubo - Apr 19

5 by hsayal »»
Apr 21, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 17, 2009

357 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 19, 7:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.