Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
May 11, 2022 5:44 PM
Jan 2022
I have been thinking about watching fairy tail for a long time but I am not sure whether I will like it or not. Fairy tail is a long ass series and I dont want to waster my time watching something I dont like. I like action, comedy and mysterious anime but I dont like haram or ecchi.
May 11, 2022 5:52 PM

Aug 2017
If you can't stand the fanservice don't even bother

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
May 11, 2022 6:11 PM
Jan 2022
Remocracy said:

I am ok with fan service. I just care about the plot.
May 11, 2022 6:11 PM
Nov 2018
Gawdly said:
I have been thinking about watching fairy tail for a long time but I am not sure whether I will like it or not. Fairy tail is a long ass series and I dont want to waster my time watching something I dont like. I like action, comedy and mysterious anime but I dont like haram or ecchi.

just dont, its not worth your time

even on the best arc, its just slightly above mid

haram lmao
May 11, 2022 6:13 PM
Jul 2018
"Power of friendship if you like that stuff you might aswell watch it" -well that's what a friend said to me.
May 11, 2022 6:23 PM

Feb 2021
It's a bland story, the plot sucks, the action is not the best, the comedy isn't outstanding, power of friendship everywhere. Sometimes is easy to watch and could be sentimental, but sometimes it's just so boring that is impressive how I watched it all. But I could say that is something that somehow stick in my head, I remember Happy, Natsu, Winry, Lucy, Gray, and other people with a smile. I wouldn't recommend it, but I appreciate more or less those memories
Everyone has a different way of enjoying anime, you aren't superior for watching some kind or other

May 11, 2022 6:33 PM

Jul 2017
If you want a battle shounen that's incredibly easy to digest, it could be good; it's pretty much as basic and formulaic as you can get while also being an excuse for fanservice. I wouldn't go into it if you want something grand, as it keeps things very simple for the most part. A lot of potential is untapped in that kind of way, but it's clear that's how the series wants to roll tho. It's nothing special, but it can be comfortable in that way. Final arc is by far the biggest waste I've ever seen in a shounen tho lol.

May 11, 2022 6:54 PM
Mar 2020
Gawdly said:

It's upto you to decide whether you want watch or not based on the genre of this particular anime series which provides and make a call.
May 11, 2022 6:55 PM
Aug 2021
FALSE_G0D said:
If you don't like "haram" then you shouldn't touch this anime with a 10ft pole, as it is absolutely not for your halal viewing pleasure and even contains witchcraft.

I think magi labyrinth of magic is more of something halal
May 11, 2022 6:56 PM
Aug 2021
Never seen an anime with as much plot armor as fairytale kinda ruined it for me
May 11, 2022 7:07 PM

Oct 2015
Gawdly said:

I have checked your MAL profile. Stay away from Fairy Tail.

Watch the following instead:
D-Gray-Man
Katekyo Hitman Reborn

I don’t know if I should recommend you Hunter X Hunter because I have not watched it. But I heard it is very good~
May 11, 2022 8:16 PM
Jan 2022
NewestPersonHere said:
Gawdly said:

I have checked your MAL profile. Stay away from Fairy Tail.

Watch the following instead:
D-Gray-Man
Katekyo Hitman Reborn

I don’t know if I should recommend you Hunter X Hunter because I have not watched it. But I heard it is very good~

Thank you for your recommendations, I will watch Hunter X Hunter and D Gray Man instead.
May 11, 2022 10:00 PM

Jul 2015
If you don't like haram, then good for you, because this show is totally halal.

Also, soundtrack is absolutely amazing.

May 11, 2022 10:07 PM
Apr 2020
The only way to know if the show is for you is just by watching it. If you like shonen you got halfway through.
I loved it.
Some people hate it.
But its so popular for some reason, bet for that and give it a try. 🍻
May 11, 2022 10:10 PM
Apr 2020
ImagineWolf said:
The only way to know if the show is for you is just by watching it. If you like shonen you got halfway through.
I loved it.
Some people hate it.

Or do yourself a favor and watch Fate 👍🏻
May 11, 2022 10:40 PM
Mar 2021
Simply, No. As some who’s childhood was just watching fairy tail I feel bad for my young self that enjoyed this. I wouldn’t say it’s bad it has a lot of good points but the biggest con is the story telling.
May 11, 2022 10:41 PM
Jan 2021
You’ve only got 7 anime on your profile so I can’t really read your taste. But imma just say it’s a fun anime with fun characters. If you’re a nerd who gets bummed over power scaling, then it’s not for you. Fanservice might turn you away, and that’s fair. You don’t need to be on another realm of existence to be able to understand it like Rick & Morty fans… it’s just fun.
May 11, 2022 11:43 PM
May 2021
ImagineWolf said:
ImagineWolf said:
I loved it.
Some people hate it.

Or do yourself a favor and watch Fate 👍🏻

i would say i 100% agree , i loved both fate and fairy tail and i would even rewatch some of the fairy tail arc if i had time
as for fate , i can't explain how much i loved the fights
and also Rider(stay/night)
May 12, 2022 2:54 AM
Nov 2019
dont ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
May 12, 2022 6:13 AM
Apr 2022
Gawdly said:

Better go and watch BLACK CLOVER
May 12, 2022 6:19 AM
Sep 2020
Being done Fairy Tail a long time now and now being 360 episodes into One Piece I can say it’s very similar One Piece except people will hate you for saying you like it lol. Same themes and comedy/battle/adventure. I love both. One Piece has better art though I’d say without a doubt even though more than half the characters a super ugly, they nice ugly.
May 12, 2022 7:09 AM
Nov 2021
just watch it and find out
May 12, 2022 9:45 AM

Aug 2017
Gawdly said:
Remocracy said:

I am ok with fan service. I just care about the plot.
It's not like the plot is that complex. Just watch a few episodes and then make your decision

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
May 12, 2022 5:40 PM
Mar 2021
If you want a plot drive master piece then don’t watch. If you want a nice chill and entertaining show then watch. It really just depends in what you’re looking for and the timing of when you watch it
May 12, 2022 6:15 PM
Nov 2021
just read the manga first it's more mature/violent/brutal than the censored anime
May 12, 2022 6:17 PM
Nov 2021
most of the people in this chat are just haters who don't understand anything
May 12, 2022 6:19 PM
Nov 2021
Raikou239 said:
Being done Fairy Tail a long time now and now being 360 episodes into One Piece I can say it’s very similar One Piece except people will hate you for saying you like it lol. Same themes and comedy/battle/adventure. I love both. One Piece has better art though I’d say without a doubt even though more than half the characters a super ugly, they nice ugly.

did you read fairy tail manga? ft manga is more mature/violent/brutal and it has a more way better artstyle than one piece Hiro Mashima never disappoint when it comes on his artstyle
May 12, 2022 6:25 PM
Nov 2021
Gawdly said:

fairy tail manga has a god tier art ,the anime artstyle is nowhere near on Hiro mashima's artstyle the only thing I like about the anime is the god tier OST ,and it's so funny that most of the people in this chat is just a pure hater maybe those who only watch some episodes or they didn't even watch or read the series they just hate it because the internet told them to LMAO anyway fairy tail anime is coming back so the haters can just cry because fairy tail is still strong
May 12, 2022 6:31 PM
Nov 2021
Gawdly said:

here's some information

if you want a more mature/violent/brutal fairy tail you can read the manga it currently has 665 chapters including the prequel and sequel with 74 volumes

if you want to watch the censored anime it has 328 episodes with 2 movie's and 9 OVA

the story is good don't just let the haters affect your own opinion maybe the final season was rush by the author but the upcoming new season is good ,no release date yet but I think it will be on this year or maybe next year

also remember that all manga has their own flaw's,good & bad chapters,haters and ofcourse fandom no manga is perfect but only fairy tail is the only one who always gets criticize because of its flaws well what can we expect that's what the internet did but despite all of that fairy tail is still one of the manga that rival the big 3 in terms of sales back then and as of 2020 fairy tail has 72 million sales it's still a successful manga even if it gets a lot of hate
May 12, 2022 6:36 PM
Nov 2021
hate it all you want but you can't deny that fairy tail is one of the most popular manga out there just wait for it's comeback

Fairy Tail was the first ever Magic-Fantasy anime that dominated the manga sales both West and Asia and competed into the Big 3 during its prime.

✔️Fairy Tail surpassed the yearly manga sales of Bleach on 2009-2019 manga sales Oricon Ranking.

✔️According to Oricon, Fairy Tail was the best-selling manga series in Japan for 2009, fourth best in 2010 and 2011, fifth best of 2012, dropped to ninth in 2013, to 17th in 2014, and was 15th in 2015.

✔️The fifth volume of Fairy Tail was ranked seventh in a list of the top ten manga, and the series once again placed seventh after the release of the sixth volume About (.) com's Deb

✔️Aoki listed Fairy Tail as the Best New Shōnen Manga of 2008. It also won the 2009 Kodansha Manga Award for shōnen manga. At the 2009 Industry Awards for the Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation, the organizers of Anime Expo, Fairy Tail was named Best Comedy Manga. Volume 9 of the series was nominated in the Youth Selection category at the 2010 "Angoulême International Comics Festival"

✔️The anime has also received a positive response from critics and viewers alike. In Southeast Asia, Fairy Tail won Animax Asia's "Anime of the Year" award in 2010. In 2012, the anime series won the "Meilleur Anime Japonais" (best Japanese anime) award and the best French dubbing award at the 19th Anime & Manga Grand Prix in Paris, France

✔️In reviewing the first Funimation Entertainment DVD volumes, Carlo Santos of Anime News Network praised the visuals, characters, and voice acting, as well as the supporting characters for its comedic approach.
May 12, 2022 6:36 PM
Sep 2020
natsu_dragneel08 said:
Raikou239 said:

did you read fairy tail manga? ft manga is more mature/violent/brutal and it has a more way better artstyle than one piece Hiro Mashima never disappoint when it comes on his artstyle
I have it in my possession, and believe you, I’ve only read up to vol 6 though. Fairy Tail is actually my heart’s personal favorite, and now being far into one piece, the hate FT gets is so clearly undeserved lol. Oh and yea, I was taking about anime art style - toei did really good, and I think A-1 does pretty much just as good and is actually more pleasurable to look at, just really enjoy one piece’s character detail. FT has as much if not more heart and the balls to scream it 👆
Raikou239May 12, 2022 6:42 PM
May 12, 2022 6:45 PM
Nov 2021
Raikou239 said:
natsu_dragneel08 said:

I have it in my possession, and believe you, I’ve only read up to vol 6 though. Fairy Tail is actually my heart’s personal favorite, and now being far into one piece, the hate FT gets is so clearly undeserved lol. Oh and yea, I was taking about anime art style - toei did really good, and I think A-1 does pretty much just as good and is actually more pleasurable to look at, just really enjoy one piece’s character detail. FT has as much if not more heart and the balls to scream it 👆

fairy tail hate is force imo ,fairy tail hate is already a tradition if it's FT the one who did it they will all say it's trash/asspull/POF but if it's another overated series is the one who did it they will always say"oh such masterpiece with no flaws" in short if its FT everyone will criticize/downplay it but to us fairy tail fans it doesn't matter anymore if that's how they see fairy tail then be it , because true fairy tail fans knows that fairy tail is actually good even if it has its own flaw's and the Fairy tail 100 years quest is doing good right now the anime is coming back so I think the haters will start to downplay it again LMAO
May 12, 2022 6:47 PM
Sep 2020
natsu_dragneel08 said:
Raikou239 said:

fairy tail hate is force imo ,fairy tail hate is already a tradition if it's FT the one who did it they will all say it's trash/asspull/POF but if it's another overated series is the one who did it they will always say"oh such masterpiece with no flaws" in short if its FT everyone will criticize/downplay it but to us fairy tail fans it doesn't matter anymore if that's how they see fairy tail then be it , because true fairy tail fans knows that fairy tail is actually good even if it has its own flaw's and the Fairy tail 100 years quest is doing good right now the anime is coming back so I think the haters will start to downplay it again LMAO
didn’t know that on 100 year quest, sick! And yeah I hear you - I’m halfway through DBZ Super…I think it’s rated higher than FT 😂 but obviously MAL ratings are not a good metric lol
May 12, 2022 6:52 PM
Nov 2021
Raikou239 said:
natsu_dragneel08 said:

didn’t know that on 100 year quest, sick! And yeah I hear you - I’m halfway through DBZ Super…I think it’s rated higher than FT 😂 but obviously MAL ratings are not a good metric lol

Dragon ball will always be dragon ball after all alsoyou said your in volume 6 of fairy tail?if you didn't finish it yet I recommend it so that you can go to Fairy tail 100 years quest and dont forget to read the prequel it's the Fairy tail zero
May 13, 2022 8:58 AM
Dec 2019
Gawdly said:

You came to the wrong place to ask if you should watch fiery tail, it was one of the first few anime I watched after taking a hiatus from anime for a couple years after finishing the entirety dragon ball Z and the anime stuck for me and I think you’ll like it, everyone wants to be an elitist so they’ll give opinions using big words and textbook logic to psych you out of wtChing a good anime, give it a shot and if you like it great! If you don’t well there’s plenty of anime that fit your criteria so find what sticks for you don’t use these hacks who have no idea what anime is. Anime is more than what these pricks think so form now on please just read a synopsis, look at trailer or even clips form the anime and get your answer because I can promise you hardly anyone on my anime list will say anything positive or actually negative about fairy tail or sword art online or anime that grit a lot of traction in the past
May 13, 2022 9:49 AM
Mar 2021
Gawdly said:

Honestly it’s not a Harem and I don’t think it’s ecchi. There’s fanservice that makes good comedy, but to be completely fair with you the best part of Fairy Tail is Fairy Tail guild. The guild is what makes it good. The best team in all of anime, even better than the straw hat crew in one piece.
May 15, 2022 6:19 AM
Feb 2021
Gawdly said:

long ass series? what are you talking about? it's like 4 seasons less than 50 episodes each.
May 17, 2022 10:03 AM
May 2020
Gawdly said:

it's not someone else's job to get you to watch an anime. if you are interested check it out and if you don't like it d9nt watch it.
May 18, 2022 1:44 PM
Feb 2021
I am going to be honest fairy tail is one of my favorite anime and fairy tail 100 year quest manga is fire so in my opinion you need to watch it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 12, 2009

520 by gojowife12 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 157 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

118 by LightNoragami1 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 41 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Knave - Aug 9, 2010

150 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jahn - Jul 16, 2010

133 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ReaperEXE - Jul 26, 2010

99 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 8:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.