Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2022 11:42 AM

Jul 2021
"His nature was that of a child with no ill intentions" yeah nope, no way in hell, either Reika is completely delusional or author is completely being fucked up here (well duh the manga is intentionally supposed to be set up like that), I've been bringing this quote just so I wouldn't take this story too deep since it's fucking depressing lmao, "We live in a society where shit isn't good but it's a self-reflection in the end" yeah that's what I kinda like about this manga.

CQLLISTMay 8, 2022 11:49 AM
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 8, 2022 2:30 PM
Aug 2014
I have to say this because it needs to be said. Reika is truthfully a bigger victim in all of this than Sakuraba. People are just self inserting into Sakuraba and Reika(and generally the entire story at this point) is being written in a non-flattering way. I can not fathom why the author randomly tries to change our perspective on the characterization of Shuuji's actions. They do not even put the effort into trying to humanize or change our view of it with more information. It's just now supposed to be taken as fact that both Sakuraba and Reika believe Shuuji's intent was benign.
When in reality Shuuji is a textbook manipulator and treats everyone around him horribly. He took advantage of a clearly broken young girl in Reika because she was the love interest of his supposed friend. The only justification for that type of action is that Sakuraba is as presented incapable of expressing his feelings so he does not have ownership over Reika. However, that does not give Shuuji free reign to date her purely as a slight to Sakuraba or for him to be an objectively horrible partner.
Also, I fail to find Sakuraba's characterization to be all that compelling or someone I feel all that bad for. His circumstances were much different from Reika's. Why he developed what amounts to a parasocial relationship with an abuser and never learned to anything besides a blank slate nice guy is beyond me.
May 10, 2022 7:44 AM
Sep 2021
So basically, Reika had an inferiority complex, because her mom and her boyfriend treated her like shit.
Due to which, despite liking Sakuraba, she ended up dating Shuuji, desipite knowing he was a frivalous playboy, despite knowing he would hurt her, simply because he saw her for who she was.
But now, she regrets her decision, because she realised her silence was the reason things got to where they are right now.

That's a nice set up. Now, if the series ends well, I will be glad. Also, I'd be pretty happy if Haruma and Reika get a happy ending.
May 11, 2022 6:42 AM

Dec 2020
noo seriously. why is it suddenly as if shuuji is a "he was a nice guy after all, just didnt know how to show it" character?

reika had to rely on this piece of shit to feel "at ease". getting taken advantage of, manipulated left and right. and even though she knows it she still stays with him because she doesnt fucking know what else to do if not. if its not with the guy who's "comforted" her all this time. sakuraba had to bare the self loath and pain he's gotten all of his life, but now shuuji's "a puppy who wanted his master to praise him" "never meant any ill will, just ill-disposed" ????¿?? HUH?

someone PLEASE be normal and call out shuuji's bullshit here. everyone says "oh he's a scum, the worst kind of guy ever" but doesn't seem like they genuinely mean it. or at least, doesn't seem so bothered by it? "oh look a girl is taken advantage of, but its not that bad ig. oh a guy is being bullied, they can just get better by time" nahhh what the hell????

reika and sakuraba aren't voicing what they think of "the good shuuji" out loud so no one can really "correct" their mindsets since.. they dont know ofc but😐😐😐. . . UGEHHSWIFFGWJ FHIS IS SO FRUSTRATING 😭😭

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inu to Kuzu Chapter 41 Discussion

PapiVamp - May 22, 2022

14 by Miskatonic81 »»
Sep 7, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Inu to Kuzu Chapter 37 Discussion

CQLLIST - Apr 17, 2022

3 by N7Grey »»
Jun 28, 2023 4:05 PM

Poll: » Inu to Kuzu Chapter 36 Discussion

CQLLIST - Apr 10, 2022

5 by N7Grey »»
Jun 28, 2023 3:59 PM

Poll: » Inu to Kuzu Chapter 33 Discussion

ERROR-88 - Mar 13, 2022

5 by N7Grey »»
Jun 28, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » Inu to Kuzu Chapter 25 Discussion

ERROR-88 - Dec 26, 2021

5 by N7Grey »»
Jun 28, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.