Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2022 7:49 AM

May 2019
The anime adapted Tomobiki beauty contest arc so short and dirty. These 5 chapters are so wild and crazy literally some of the best chapters so far. But instead, we got the whole bribery and runaway thing in the anime lol. Such a sight to behold seeing girls in swimsuits wrestling. We got an actual elimination and battle on the ring. I like how Ran is more evil here and I almost forget that she could suck one's youthfulness. I hope they would adapt these whole contest chapters faithfully for the new UY this year.

Dec 3, 2023 2:13 AM

Jan 2018
After all that trouble the judges simply forgot to keep the score. So the result was a draw.

For a beauty pageant involving a bunch of hotties in a gag manga, it was done surprisingly well. Lum might be the star of UY but I don't think she really overshadowed any of the other girls here. They all had their time to shine. Which is why I think it was brilliant.

However, Ryunosuke probably got more screen time than most.

You got your wish with the Remake adapting this arc as faithfully as it could.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Chapter 345 Discussion

0451 - Dec 25, 2023

1 by ojmendez »»
Mar 6, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Chapter 79 Discussion

0451 - Oct 28, 2023

1 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 19, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Chapter 78 Discussion

0451 - Oct 27, 2023

1 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 16, 7:15 PM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Chapter 77 Discussion

0451 - Oct 25, 2023

2 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 16, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Chapter 76 Discussion

0451 - Oct 25, 2023

1 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 16, 1:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.