Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 19, 2022 4:44 PM
May 2020
I just don’t get this show. It’s so contrived and over the top ultimately just comes across as forced. It’s utterly unrealistic in the sense that this just isn’t how people or friends act. I cannot empathise whatsoever with a single character or understand what anyone gains from acting the way they do. It just feels really weird to me. The premise doesn’t really make much sense either. Why would a student be entrusted with 2 million yen for a school trip in the first place? Why would a game like this even exist? Does anyone else feel like this?
Apr 19, 2022 4:51 PM
Oct 2020
No because it’s not supposed to be realistic at all. The over-the-top aspects are what makes it interesting and fun to watch.
Apr 19, 2022 4:54 PM
Feb 2021
FreshSalmon827 said:
I just don’t get this show. It’s so contrived and over the top ultimately just comes across as forced. It’s utterly unrealistic in the sense that this just isn’t how people or friends act. I cannot empathise whatsoever with a single character or understand what anyone gains from acting the way they do. It just feels really weird to me. The premise doesn’t really make much sense either. Why would a student be entrusted with 2 million yen for a school trip in the first place? Why would a game like this even exist? Does anyone else feel like this?

i get why most people dont enjoy the premise, or why everything happens the way it does in this anime. i also find it unrealistic, but that's just how most anime are, it's not gonna be realistic to how friendships are or how life in general is in this world. but i find it intriguing & it's really fun to watch the drama aspect with the betrayal of friends, and each friend ratting another out. im looking forward to how this anime continues. i think so far this anime is an 9/10.
Apr 19, 2022 5:52 PM
Jan 2021
The weird aspects is why this show is good
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Apr 19, 2022 5:54 PM

Oct 2021
anime really isn’t realistic and the weird aspect is what makes it interesting
Apr 19, 2022 6:50 PM
Mar 2022
You'll understand soon anime watchers
Apr 19, 2022 9:39 PM
Jun 2020
Yes anime is unrealistic 98% of the time
Apr 19, 2022 11:36 PM
Oct 2017
FreshSalmon827 said:

It's fictional so ofc it's unrealistic.
It's supposed to have a strongly edgy premise to set an intense story up.
Story-wise, slowly revealing cards in the author's sleeves is good. Backstories, character development will be there soon.
Character-wise, try putting yourself into their shoes, highschoolers got kidnapped, thrown into a shady game system with huge burden of debt on the line, ofc their mental should be abnormal.
Apr 19, 2022 11:43 PM
Apr 2022
Japan has some of the lowest crime rates in the world. It's not likely that the average high schooler would even think to steal the class money. Them being entrusted with the money is not that unrealistic. People leave bikes unchained while they go shopping and laptops unattended at the coffee shop while they use the restroom. Theft is not the same concern as in a lot of other countries.
Apr 19, 2022 11:50 PM
Oct 2021
That's one of my biggest problems in this show. A lot of anime series out there are obviously unrealistic, but a lot of those series knows how to portray their story as naturally as possible. This show however.. doesn't know how to avoid that issue. Still, there's only three episodes so far, I'll see if the storyline gets better later on.
Apr 20, 2022 12:09 AM
Dec 2021
This anime isn't meant to be realistic. It being weird with over the top drama makes it fun to watch. I dobut I would had enjoyed this show if it wasn't like this. Also due to this being weird, it makes things unexpected.
Apr 20, 2022 1:00 AM

Feb 2022
Say the guy with the most fucking unrealistic shit i ever seen in his favorite, called kimetsu yaiba.

Yikes. How ironic.
This is bot. Risk for not getting a reply.
Apr 20, 2022 1:48 AM

Jan 2020
Honestly, thinking that manipulative friends don't exist or that some relationship aren't like that is a lot worse that the trope of the show.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Apr 20, 2022 2:00 AM

Dec 2011
I've seen a lot of hate already for this show. And it's sad. The manga is really good, but 3 eps is not enough indeed to write a proper review about the character's relations, the pacing (although yes it seems a bit rushed), the anime overall. But trust me when I say the MC is interesting and some of you will probably get to love his wits as much as I did. The twists are unpredictable at times and just when you think "Man I know who the traitor is/who did it" you're wavering and it slaps you in the face.
It's enjoyable for me. I caught up to the manga in like 2-3 days, I couldn't stop reading it. I recommend you too, it has more details, dialogue and you might get to understand more about why they didn't introduce us into the aspects of their friendship.
Good day to you, sirs & ladies.
Apr 20, 2022 2:23 AM
May 2021
Brunnhilde said:
I've seen a lot of hate already for this show. And it's sad. The manga is really good, but 3 eps is not enough indeed to write a proper review about the character's relations, the pacing (although yes it seems a bit rushed), the anime overall. But trust me when I say the MC is interesting and some of you will probably get to love his wits as much as I did. The twists are unpredictable at times and just when you think "Man I know who the traitor is/who did it" you're wavering and it slaps you in the face.
It's enjoyable for me. I caught up to the manga in like 2-3 days, I couldn't stop reading it. I recommend you too, it has more details, dialogue and you might get to understand more about why they didn't introduce us into the aspects of their friendship.
Good day to you, sirs & ladies.

Exactly. We’re just a quarter through this series and despite it feeling a little rushed it’s a good psychological anime. I haven’t read the manga but knowing these type of shows you legit cannot judge them properly until you see the end. Cause the reveal this episode is obviously not the real deal lol and it’s only getting more and more intense
Apr 20, 2022 4:24 AM
Aug 2020
Lukalanto said:
FreshSalmon827 said:

i get why most people dont enjoy the premise, or why everything happens the way it does in this anime. i also find it unrealistic, but that's just how most anime are, it's not gonna be realistic to how friendships are or how life in general is in this world. but i find it intriguing & it's really fun to watch the drama aspect with the betrayal of friends, and each friend ratting another out. im looking forward to how this anime continues. i think so far this anime is an 9/10.
I totally agree I have just finished the 3rd episode and am enjoying the show so far
Apr 20, 2022 4:34 AM
トビアス

Aug 2019
LeoDrago said:

Exactly. We’re just a quarter through this series and despite it feeling a little rushed it’s a good psychological anime. I haven’t read the manga but knowing these type of shows you legit cannot judge them properly until you see the end. Cause the reveal this episode is obviously not the real deal lol and it’s only getting more and more intense

This right here. It's paced like this for a reason. A manga would not have an above 8 average score if it was like this. Its generic start has a purpose and the anime only people will soon find out why, so I highly recommend you to continue watching, as the "reveal" is really only the beginning of something great.
Apr 20, 2022 9:07 AM
Aug 2020
I've only seen one episode so far, but J completely agree
Apr 20, 2022 5:53 PM
Aug 2018
you want to watch realistic anime? just watch anime slice of life, look at the genre tag, there is a shounen genre and this must have an imaginative element from the author,

and anime/manga with the theme of survival games, rarely explain clearly the plot and explain the details of the storyline, especially at the beginning of the episode ..

this is common in survival anime because if it was explained at the beginning wouldn't it be over quickly....lol
Apr 20, 2022 11:35 PM
May 2021
Bruh you newbie or what! Unrealistic is what fiction is.
Apr 21, 2022 2:47 AM
Mar 2022
So you mean Fullmetal Alchemist or Attack on Titan or Solo Leveling is realistic and NOT wierd???
Apr 22, 2022 2:37 AM
Dec 2020
FreshSalmon827 said:
It's Anime it is supposed to be wierd and over the top, otherwise where is the fun to watch it.
Apr 25, 2022 2:34 PM

Sep 2018
FreshSalmon827 said:
I just don’t get this show.

Well....

That bit's right I guess.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Aug 4, 2022 2:01 AM

Oct 2008
The execution of the plot is bad.
The premise is curious, which is enough.
Character relationships are weird and uninteresting.
Character development is fine, hoped for more. Not enough backstory.
Visually it's an appealing show.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2022

220 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 26, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 14, 2022

97 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 26, 4:01 AM

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - May 10, 2022

249 by Jamk_ »»
Apr 17, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 7, 2022

139 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 14, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 31, 2022

138 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 14, 6:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.