Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 31, 2022 8:27 AM

Jul 2017
Yuichi's request to switch sides to the Group K basketball club, at hindsight it seems like a secret betrayal against Tenji, but it's obscenely smart-ass how Yuichi managed to debunk the entire group's dynamics. He's definitely not a one-trick pony. Their captain in hiding definitely has the smarts to forward plan the way to victory, but this is just part of Yuichi's big plan of "whatever it takes to win" with Maria baring her true colours within to follow his lead. Atta girl.

A bit of a 4th wall break for Manabu's work in the 3rd Game, and Yuichi's plan to lengthen out Tenji's suffering and drop his guard around one of the basketball guys (Hyakutaro) to get them to divulge more of their own Tomodachi Game stats, what smarts. That's even more so with trying to fool them into letting go of their 10 million from Maria's supposed fanservice, then using her as a distraction by pushing her off the cliff for both Hyakutaro and Chisato to the save, WICKED.

What Tenji saw from his last breaths of last episode's cliffhanger, it was definitely Yuichi to the rescue, but when it comes to trust, there's still areas where the loop must be closed with the others once the 3rd Game ends. Yuichi's plan to find the thing, which is the kindest person of Group K (Hyakutaro) to be used as a catalyst to destroy their friendship, Maria is but just one of it.

YELP, Yuichi really is a madman of the utmost cruelty.
May 31, 2022 8:29 AM

Feb 2021
Wow this episode was just insane, Yuichi is becoming one of my favorite MCs of the season.

His mind games are just really entertaining to watch, and the way he was making fun of the "captain-sama" was so funny.
Tenji finally got his food lmao, and the way he is using Maria is really interesting.

Honestly this anime just keeps getting better and better with each episode, can't wait for next week.
May 31, 2022 8:30 AM

Feb 2019
Yea at this point Yuichi definitely a top 5 MC for me. It’s so nice having an MC who has no sense of morality and is just focused on his goals. Not worried about power of friendship bs or confining himself to the rules. These last two episodes have been so fire.

Dude just knows how to play everyone like a fiddle and get what he wants. Even Maria who is supposed to be part of the game staff was shocked at how far he’s willing to go. I kinda ship them too, feel like they’d be a perfect cold calculating couple.

I really thought Tenji was gonna die in that cave, had started feeling bad for him. Great writing going on rn. Can’t wait to see group K implode more next week.
Marinate1016May 31, 2022 8:35 AM
May 31, 2022 8:32 AM

Sep 2021
Shit, this chapter was crazy. Well, Yuichi is crazy.

Poor K-team, they were totally fooled and not even Marie herself expected how she was going to be used, but Yuichi totally analyzed the K-team and found their weak points.

Poor Tenji, he finally was able to eat after 4 days.

Also poor Hyakutarou he seems like a good person, it's a shame that his friendship with his friends lasted so little.
May 31, 2022 8:40 AM
Mar 2022
No doubt. The last 3 episodes will be rushed as fuck
May 31, 2022 9:11 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Yuuichi wants to end team K from the inside out and this plan seems to be working so far because he managed to make one of them want to change teams
May 31, 2022 9:11 AM
Sep 2015
I hope Group K leader/hider appear soon, I love his big strong body. But other group k members are also good, the playboy is good looking but I love the virgin guy, I'd like to tease him all day, he's too honest for this game.
May 31, 2022 9:14 AM

Oct 2017
Another great episode, with a cliffhanger
May 31, 2022 9:17 AM
May 2019

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
-DxP-Jun 5, 2022 6:02 AM
May 31, 2022 9:19 AM
Mar 2022
great episode can't wait for the next episode.
May 31, 2022 9:24 AM

May 2016
that has to be the most assinine and most ridiculous plan ever. The way he pushed her off the edge 0% chance the guy could have grabbed her like that and in time. Also the ending of the guys fighting and him switching over. lmfao
May 31, 2022 9:27 AM
Jun 2020
MARSHLEMON said:
Ohh it seems like the anime will end after the kidnapping

A very odd place to end it once you think about it. Why couldn't they have just ordered 24 episodes so we could see more of the story other than just the first three games?
"Anywhere Can Be A Paradise As Long As You Have The Will To Live." — Yui Ikari
"Mankind's Greatest Fear Is Mankind Itself." — Gendo Ikari
May 31, 2022 9:29 AM
Mar 2021
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
that has to be the most assinine and most ridiculous plan ever. The way he pushed her off the edge 0% chance the guy could have grabbed her like that and in time. Also the ending of the guys fighting and him switching over. lmfao

I mean it does show how fuckin crazy he is. And this an anime dude, shits made to be exaggerated to evoke excitement, a real life perspective could be that she tries to stay on but slowly approaches the edge, but no one would wanna see that
May 31, 2022 9:34 AM

Jul 2016
Yuuichi is the best protagonist, definitely
May 31, 2022 9:34 AM

May 2020
girls in this anime should be mute. god, their annoying esp those 2
May 31, 2022 9:37 AM
Mar 2019
yuuichi be deceiving them simps left and right
May 31, 2022 9:42 AM

Jun 2021
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

keep in mind that they play basketball.I mean they must have much more quick reflexes than your average guy.So it's plausible.
Remember what Master Oogway told us:

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
May 31, 2022 9:46 AM
May 2021
Thomas_york said:

Can you explain why pls ?
May 31, 2022 9:49 AM
Mar 2022
Doppiokun said:
Thomas_york said:

If they try to end the anime at the end of the next game (and it seems they will try it) then they'll need to rush a lot up til ep 12
May 31, 2022 9:55 AM

Jan 2011
Really happy that game 3 has been well adapted so far.
Looking forward to my favorite K team member shining. He, along with Yuichi and Tenji are my top 3 from Tomodachi Game.

I'm just sad that the anime is ending, hopefully they'll consider making a 2nd season, so far it's just been the tip of the iceberg.
May 31, 2022 9:59 AM

Dec 2010
Thomas_york said:
Doppiokun said:

If they try to end the anime at the end of the next game (and it seems they will try it) then they'll need to rush a lot up til ep 12

Well I've already predicted it after the end of a second game.
May 31, 2022 10:02 AM
Mar 2022
Chipp12 said:
Thomas_york said:

what i'm really worried is if they decide to end episode 12 with a cliffhanger to the start of game 3.5, although it would be a good choice i think. I'm really confused
May 31, 2022 10:05 AM

Dec 2010
Thomas_york said:
Chipp12 said:

what i'm really worried is if they decide to end episode 12 with a cliffhanger to the start of game 3.5, although it would be a good choice i think. I'm really confused

Nah they'll adapt the next game. Just need to speed it up to 3 chapters per episode.
May 31, 2022 10:06 AM
May 2022
yuuichi is in the top 5 of mc for me.
May 31, 2022 10:12 AM

May 2016
Obscurissimus said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

keep in mind that they play basketball.I mean they must have much more quick reflexes than your average guy.So it's plausible.
Go rewatch the scene. Her top body was like 5 feet away from the edge lol
May 31, 2022 10:19 AM

Jun 2021
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
Obscurissimus said:

Go rewatch the scene. Her top body was like 5 feet away from the edge lol

I forgot to add he must had adrenaline too.
I don't know if it's plausible for you but in my book it is.It's fair enough for me.
I don't watch anime because of realism and this one is without any hax or power so I can tolerate little plausible or not so plausible things like that.
Remember what Master Oogway told us:

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
May 31, 2022 10:38 AM
Oct 2016
Game was already over after K group decided to hide their leader. Yuichi basically got the chance to destroy them from inside!
May 31, 2022 10:40 AM
Feb 2020
MARSHLEMON said:

That cliffhanger will kill all "anime only watcher"😂

This episode is insane, probably the best so far and I love how they keep the pacing from the manga, glad they didnt rush it. Hope they announce Season 2 soon after the end of that cliffhanger last episode...
May 31, 2022 10:44 AM

Jul 2015
Shit's so wack yet so enjoyable..
also.. the bathing scene.. Noice..
May 31, 2022 10:45 AM

Jun 2020
I actually thought they would kill Tenji and stuff but surprise surprise He found a way to feed or give him food. Though it's really smart how Yuuichi used maria as a decoy and used her as his weapon to break Group K's relationship. A woman's appeal can somewhat be terrifying
May 31, 2022 10:46 AM

Apr 2012
idk why but i was laughing during most of the episode.
it wasnt comedy but man, that was the most i have laughed in the last year.
am i fucked up? hahaha xD
May 31, 2022 10:53 AM
Feb 2020
AngelAngela said:
Really happy that game 3 has been well adapted so far.
Looking forward to my favorite K team member shining. He, along with Yuichi and Tenji are my top 3 from Tomodachi Game.

I'm just sad that the anime is ending, hopefully they'll consider making a 2nd season, so far it's just been the tip of the iceberg.

yes, "K" team member, also my fave along with Yuuichi, Tenji, Maria, and Satone
May 31, 2022 11:08 AM
Apr 2017
Tomodachi is a really pleasant surprise of the spring season and it keeps proving it every week.
May 31, 2022 11:08 AM

Jun 2021
So it seems Yuichi told Maria a part of his plans and didn't leave her all alone. It was a bold move to push Maria off the cliff. I wonder if he has already found her out.

Using Maria to destroy the K group and it looks like it worked. I knew the genre question was important. I can't wait to see how it will develop.
May 31, 2022 11:25 AM
Jul 2016
Step 1: Push a girl off a cliff

Step 2: ???

Step 3: Profit.
May 31, 2022 11:26 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Yuichi requested to switch sides in the last episode and even managed to rile them up by insulting the fact that other team can't do anything without asking their captain xD.
The captain did not allow Yuichi to switch sides as he said that the strategy he made does not need him to work.
He said that if both the girl and Yuichi switched then he would accept however.
Yuichi, however, had already planned for this situation!
Yuichi tells them that he has changed his mind about switching as he thinks that it will be an easy win for his team...
Tenji seems just about at his breaking point...
The girl on Yuichi's team is undressed and Hyakutaro spots her after thinking that she has run away!
And Yuichi starts to run away with her which is also part of his plan...
He pushes her off the cliff!
Though Yuichi goes back to Tenji and tells him what has happened so far!
It's nice to see that Tenji didn't betray his trust and now has regained the trust of Yuichi.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
May 31, 2022 12:01 PM
Apr 2022
Yuichi is always unexpected.
May 31, 2022 12:17 PM
May 2021
AssClapper69 said:
MARSHLEMON said:

A very odd place to end it once you think about it. Why couldn't they have just ordered 24 episodes so we could see more of the story other than just the first three games?

Four games actually
May 31, 2022 12:45 PM

Nov 2021
Sadly those who have dropped this in first few episodes will regret how good it is going after every latest episode, another stroke by yuichi and then k group is done fr.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
May 31, 2022 12:45 PM

May 2020
Okay everything is fine and enough, but by no means you can convince me that girl actually survived the usual "pushed of a cliff" thing that easily.
May 31, 2022 1:22 PM
Mar 2022
Reading this part of the manga I couldn't help but think that maybe the writers original idea was to make Maria really fall off the cliff with no one catching her, since she "probably" would not die from falling and would just get hurr and those two would help her.
But that's just a feeling i got while reading it.
May 31, 2022 1:50 PM
Mar 2021
Yuichi's plan works whether or not they grab onto her in time, because if they don't they'll feel obligated to go down and find her.

it's very funny that Maria went along with all this and didn't backstab him because she's having a great time and likes watching Yuichi work. Rather than being pissed at what he did she's like "damn genius move, what a cool guy". lmao. I guess it sort of retroactively justifies the control room scenes by establishing her as a thrill seeking psychopath.

Also, damn, the scene between Tenji and Yuichi was really emotional. It felt like a real, hard-won thing, both of them having a little bit of their faith in humanity restored. At last they can be true friends, and fight together against the Tomodachi Game.
May 31, 2022 1:54 PM
Apr 2019
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

She doesn't has to be saved for the plan to play out. If she really fall there, those 2 will still try to help her anyway
May 31, 2022 3:02 PM

May 2018
Who will win?

Nakama power v GIRL
May 31, 2022 3:06 PM
Mar 2022
Doppiokun said:
Thomas_york said:

If the opening shows clips of what to expect in this season, then they still have a decent amount to go. I think it'd be possible for the next episode or two to include the end of this game and the aftermath. There's a decent amount thats left if speculations of where the season ends is correct.
May 31, 2022 3:11 PM

Sep 2018
Yet another awesomely twisted episode.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
May 31, 2022 3:37 PM

Jun 2019
My predictions after the last episode were right on the money. Youngest is the real mastermind, spy girl to distract pretty boy, start fight using blond boy. I was hoping for some bigger twists, but how they executed everything was enjoyable enough to watch.
May 31, 2022 3:46 PM

Jun 2019
Also, I think K team would have sealed their victory if they let Yuichi join and then used force to restrain him since I’m pretty sure violence is allowed against teammates.
May 31, 2022 3:54 PM
Dec 2021
Amazing!! Yuichi is so lovely, I am loving him more each episode. He is so perfect!!!!!!!!!!
May 31, 2022 4:12 PM

Dec 2015
Best episode thus far. Not going to lie, most of this show has been pretty lackluster but this episode was damn near perfect.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2022

221 by pxrks »»
May 7, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 14, 2022

97 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 26, 4:01 AM

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - May 10, 2022

249 by Jamk_ »»
Apr 17, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 7, 2022

139 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 14, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 24, 2022

92 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 14, 4:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.