Forum Settings
Forums

A couple questions about minor characters and one about the series as a whole.

Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 5, 2022 3:07 PM
May 2020
The first thing that I've been wondering since I watched the anime is that, do we ever find out what happened to the three female elf slaves that were on the worker team, Tenbu in the Invaders of the Great Tomb arc? Since they were brought into Nazarick against their will, I was wondering if they offered similar deals that Tsuare had, like having their memories wiped and dropped off in a safe place or allowed to work at Nazarick?

Also regarding Tsuare and Sebas. Do we get to see anything more of their relationship? Since there was a few hints such as Pestonya assuming they would get married, I think it would be quite entertaining to see how the residents of Nazarick would react to a level 100 npc marrying a weak human.

Finally, I know there are some drama CD's but I was wondering if there was any other Overlord content worth consuming and if there were official English versions of them, since I cannot get enough of the worldbuilding in this series? Stuff like bonus chapters or volumes that I wouldn't have by purchasing the hardcover versions of the light novel. I'd hate to miss something.

Sorry, I suspect I'm being impatient. I haven't even finished volume 7 (and I reckon if there is an answer to my elf question it would be in the epilogue) but I've been wondering these things for a while and once I start googling things, I have a tendency to spoil everything for myself but I've so far managed to resist for this series. I appreciate any answers.
FreshSalmon827Apr 5, 2022 3:14 PM
Apr 5, 2022 3:24 PM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
i didn't remember the details from the light novel so i had to check, but i was pretty sure before checking as well that you learn what happens to those elves and i can spoil it if you want but let's just say you're on the right track.

you get a bit more regarding sebas and tsuare, but i don't remember anything particularly substantial, though i would guess there would be more in the future.

lastly, i don't know anything about the drama CD's or any meaningful auxiliary content, but personally the light novels are enough for me (just for reference, i follow the official english hardcover releases, so my knowledge is up to date only to the 13th volume).

not sure this was as helpful as you'd liked, but hopefully it answered some of your curiosities.
Apr 5, 2022 4:43 PM
May 2020
betaweeb said:
i didn't remember the details from the light novel so i had to check, but i was pretty sure before checking as well that you learn what happens to those elves and i can spoil it if you want but let's just say you're on the right track.

you get a bit more regarding sebas and tsuare, but i don't remember anything particularly substantial, though i would guess there would be more in the future.

lastly, i don't know anything about the drama CD's or any meaningful auxiliary content, but personally the light novels are enough for me (just for reference, i follow the official english hardcover releases, so my knowledge is up to date only to the 13th volume).

not sure this was as helpful as you'd liked, but hopefully it answered some of your curiosities.

Thanks a lot. This answered everything I was wondering.
Apr 10, 2022 12:28 PM

Sep 2020
betaweeb said:

Hmmm, while I don't remember what you are referring to in the Light Novel, what I do know for sure is that in the Web novel (the very first iteration of overlord), it clearly said that:
Is it basically the same thing in the Light Novel?
Apr 10, 2022 12:34 PM

Sep 2020
@FreshSalmon827

You can download and read any bonus Overlord content from the FAQ page on the Overlord fan subreddit.

I for one highly recommend reading the bonus volume, which is only slightly smaller than a typical Overlord LN volume. It has a lot of the world-building you are looking for, and it is so good that most people who read it want a sequel. As far as the drama CDs go and whatnot, they don't have a lot of world-building (primarily because they are not long enough for such), but they do have a lot of interesting character interactions. I think they also have spoilers until the 11th volume if I'm not mistaken.
Apr 10, 2022 12:50 PM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
Zprotu said:
betaweeb said:

Hmmm, while I don't remember what you are referring to in the Light Novel, what I do know for sure is that in the Web novel (the very first iteration of overlord), it clearly said that:

Apr 12, 2022 4:37 PM

Sep 2020
betaweeb said:
Zprotu said:

Apr 12, 2022 5:11 PM

Sep 2013
Follow this for the extra content.
They are all canon.
https://overlordmaruyama.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline
Apr 12, 2022 5:49 PM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
Zprotu said:
betaweeb said:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Volume 16 Discussion

ColtBuntline - Sep 18, 2022

8 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Jan 13, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Overlord Chapter 39 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Sep 1, 2023

3 by Tkit »»
Sep 3, 2023 6:13 PM

» Is overlord LN a adaptation or a original work?

Kartik01528n - Jul 14, 2023

3 by BucketBall »»
Jul 15, 2023 4:51 AM

Poll: » Overlord Volume 4 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Apr 11, 2015

13 by SentrySalmanjr »»
Mar 7, 2023 1:25 PM

Poll: » Overlord Chapter 32 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Feb 4, 2023

0 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Feb 4, 2023 4:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.