Forum Settings
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2022 5:46 PM

Jun 2015
THIS IS A LIGHT NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------

Okay, two big arcs in a single volume. It's somewhat new for me as far as my experience in reading light novels. But let's get on it anyway.

Summer vacation! It's time to relax, visit the beach, and romcom fanservices... NO DUH!! It's time for yet another Cid Kagenou's shenanigans! Summer vacation. Alpha invites her master to visit the Sacred Land, Lindwurm. Now, what can Cid do here as Lord Shadow that he is? Well, scheming and killing from the shadows, of course.

The Goddess' Trial. A tournament where brave warriors can pull gacha for the opponent who they will face in their trial. Being shadowbroker that he is, he chooses not to join the trial because he makes it a rule to not show his power in front of the mass when he is Cid Kagenou. But... Someone registered him to the trial anyway (Suspects: Alexia, Beta, or Rose). Well, sh*t. Let's join as Shadow anyway.

He pulls Aurora the Calamity Witch for his Sanctuary Gacha. A spirit of a being who actually matches his power, or even exceed him for him to face in the trial. With Aurora being handicapped for her memories in her past life, they have a great battle regardless. Also... The revelation on Aurora's true identity is quite surprising, indeed. Yep, we have ourselves a hidden waifu, folks.

I'm also interested in the relation between Hero Olivier and Alpha. They're too similar, damn it! Yet again, Cid's BS about the girls being heroes' descendant is true after all.

----------------------------------------

Second arc focuses more on Rose Oriana and her kingdom's impending doom. Yet another Bushin Festival where warriors are facing each other to prove who is the best among them. Unlike the last Bushin Festival, Cid wants to join this one, but under a different identity to conceal himself. With the help of Gamma and Nu (luv you Gamma!), he enters the festival under the face, body, and name of Mundane Mann. And so his plan "Who the heck is that mysterious badass?!" begin.

On Rose's case. I thought her stabbing her fiancé to be a joke for her rebelliousness against her arranged marriage. Well, it turns out there was a dark reason for her decision. She knows that her father is no longer the father whom she knows and the impending doom lingering upon Kingdom of Oriana. Wow! The plot thickens. And also our blockhead of a protagonist skull too! As yet again, he isn't actually aware of what's actually happening under his nose. Haha! At the end of it, Rose is joining the Shadow Garden. Let's see how it goes for her from here on.

Lastly. I wonder if Cid knows about Shadow Garden's base in Alexandria or not. Alpha and the girls have been running the organization all this long while he's just being a chuuni by himself, for Goodness sake šŸ¤£. Anyway, good read with fun plot and characters again. I'm loving the read so far. Get in there!!
YosepRAApr 2, 2022 5:58 PM
Sep 28, 2022 9:49 PM

Feb 2021
This volume felt like two in one.

It felt like the sanctuary arc had nothing to do with the Bushin Festival.

Anyways, it was pretty cool seeing Cid destroy everyone in the festival while being disguised, I also really like Annerose's character.

But the ending there with Rose was pretty dramatic, she killing her own father and then having to give up her dreams of being with Cid forever, I just wish she learns that Cid was Shadow all along.

More topics from this board

» When will official translation of Volume 5 go on sale

Forsaken_guy - Nov 7, 2023

2 by Azuchi »»
Mar 23, 11:39 AM

» Volume 7 release date?

kiyopon111 - Jan 10

6 by Apratim »»
Mar 5, 6:50 AM

» Eminence in Shadow Vol 6 Discussion

Apratim - Nov 3, 2023

9 by Devtarou »»
Nov 15, 2023 6:33 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Chapter 58 Discussion

spicarie - Nov 5, 2023

0 by spicarie »»
Nov 5, 2023 3:55 AM

» Eminence in Shadow Vol. 5 Discussion

NemCraft - Jul 3, 2023

11 by Cielord »»
Sep 27, 2023 9:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.