Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 22, 2022 3:51 PM
Superior

Apr 2008
This series deserves to be commended for a lot of things, not least of which is creating the first anime designed exclusively for a special-ed demographic.

But for those of you who don't fit the target demo, how could you have possibly been so fooled? I've seen a lot of whining about how the anime was "ruined" by recent events. Well, no, the anime was always garbage, you just weren't paying attention.

Could someone please inform me how this series could possibly have been tolerable? What magical fairyland had you all concocted in your heads wherein the story was ever better than a dime-store novel?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Mar 22, 2022 4:00 PM
Oct 2017
look at me im so smart because i think that a show that everybody loves is bad, also i use big boy words because im insecure about my IQ points

tune in next time when i call attack on titan mid
Mar 22, 2022 4:13 PM
Nov 2020
how the fuck did you watch 5000 anime 😐
Rolf8mypeenMar 22, 2022 4:26 PM
Mar 22, 2022 4:23 PM
Jun 2021
I wasn't overly invested in this show. But the 1 thing that drew me in was the characters and the mystery behind wtf was going on(almost gave me s1 Seven Deadly Sins vibes). The series made it seem(to me) that there'd be this huge twist at the end, revealed by all the characters coming together for the final episodes....

Oh but was I mistaken, nothing but a bunch of silly plot points to get a shallow resolution. aND WTf waS ThAt ProPOsaL??
Mar 22, 2022 4:28 PM
Sep 2019
This anime wasn't the first to do anything, and it was never good
Mar 22, 2022 4:28 PM

Feb 2021
I agree that it never has been THAT good as everyone said. But it definitely wasn't garbage, and isn't garbage. Of course it has flaws that has been more obvious recently, but it still is far from being something hard to watch.
Everyone has a different way of enjoying anime, you aren't superior for watching some kind or other

Mar 22, 2022 4:34 PM
May 2020
so? Everyone must have the same opinion as yours now?

cmon man, even i wouldn't question someone why in the heck they enjoyed watching Redo of Healer even though its shit

this is ridiculous, and, no, it wasnt garbage for me, sure its not that great but like the other person said, there's no way its garbage

Show me that you're a dumb elitist without telling me you're a dumb elitist🤣

and No please dont deny that, its too obvious
One Piece is bad, really
Mar 22, 2022 4:44 PM

Dec 2020
Fansofeverything said:

cmon man, even i wouldn't question someone why in the heck they enjoyed watching Redo of Healer even though its shit

this is ridiculous, and, no, it wasnt garbage for me, sure its not that great but like the other person said, there's no way its garbage

he's just asking what do people like about the show, nothing wrong with it

Edit: ok now why is everyone attacking me? I just haven't read his message and only reading the title when clicking the thread. And now I getting attacked? Man.... Idk what mal looks like back then but I want mal yo be that way
AndrekrepMar 23, 2022 12:10 AM
Mar 22, 2022 4:54 PM

Jan 2021
I srsly hope that this is a bait.
"Human potential for evolution is limitless. Steel Ball Run is not peak fiction it's beyond fiction and possibly even the pinnacle of human literature, an amalgamation of all the masterpieces "
-The Ruler of this universe
Mar 22, 2022 5:12 PM

Apr 2018
If you are gonna say that something is garbage at least say why...
Mar 22, 2022 5:30 PM
Feb 2021
just report the clown for not promoting respectful discussion, and move on with your lives. don't feed trolls, and they stay under the bridge. it's that simple.
Mar 22, 2022 6:01 PM

Mar 2017
This entire thread...
Mar 22, 2022 6:15 PM

May 2019
Rolf8mypeen said:

They are all just shows he watched 1 episode of, or shows with like 5, 3 minute episodes. Lots of people do it because they care about their MAL stats
"Equivalent exchange. I'll give half of my life to you, if you give half of your life to me."
Mar 22, 2022 7:18 PM
Jun 2021
NightKnightTaken said:
Rolf8mypeen said:

They are all just shows he watched 1 episode of, or shows with like 5, 3 minute episodes. Lots of people do it because they care about their MAL stats

the irony, calling people special ed and then caring about something like MAL stats lul
Mar 22, 2022 7:34 PM
Oct 2019
dude has an average score of 3.27... it's one of those people who hates everything but still watches anime for some reason
The last remaining functional person on this site
Mar 22, 2022 7:41 PM
Dec 2021
This is just mid tbh. I don’t know why but I’m just watching it.
Mar 22, 2022 7:44 PM
Jun 2021
split09 said:
This is just mid tbh. I don’t know why but I’m just watching it.

just buying time waiting for Date a Live ;)
Mar 22, 2022 8:55 PM
Jan 2021
DarkSageRK said:
This series deserves to be commended for a lot of things, not least of which is creating the first anime designed exclusively for a special-ed demographic.

But for those of you who don't fit the target demo, how could you have possibly been so fooled? I've seen a lot of whining about how the anime was "ruined" by recent events. Well, no, the anime was always garbage, you just weren't paying attention.

Could someone please inform me how this series could possibly have been tolerable? What magical fairyland had you all concocted in your heads wherein the story was ever better than a dime-store novel?

You’ve watched 5000 anime how bout you get a life
Mar 22, 2022 9:19 PM

May 2013
DarkSageRK said:

Alright, put your money where your mouth is then. Describe exactly why you think the show isn't good. We'll see what parts of your explanation hold up.

Allow me to list a few positive points though:

1- The show does a good job of setting up the expectation that the characters and plot devices will follow standard cliches and archetypes set up by fairy tales and disney movies, only to prove, to the contrary, that each of those characters and devices not only departs from your expectation, but also provides much better development of each of those characters, constructively improving upon the stories it bounces off. The queen is obviously going to do whatever it takes to secure her blood-related son's place as king and have Bojji killed off right? Well it turns out she cares a lot more about Bojji than you'd imagine, and I never thought we needed a "mom of the year" category in anime until seeing this show. The show subverts expectations well, and typically has a good reason for doing so.

2- what's more, each character is interesting and well put together. With Bojji as one of the notable exceptions. very few if any characters in the plotline are fully lawful good, and fewer still are evil. Most characters have their own reasonable perspective and goals which dictate how they act. As a result, the show has one of the best character casts that we've seen in anime in years. It's not the quirkiest characters, but they don't need to be.

3- Bojji is best boy.

4- The animation and music in this show is absolutely crisp. The show is a visual delight, had some absolutely stunning visual highs in the climactic final fight, and was consistent and well stylized throughout. We also got two absolute bangers for openings.

cons:
1- The start of the show is fantastic, but what I will say is that mid way through the show stumbles a bit by rushing Bojji's training a bit and giving him a ridiculous and fairly cliche fighting style. By the end, however, it really picked up steam and gave us what will easily be considered one of the best anime fights this year (although Demon Slayer already gave us better).

2- There is seemingly no romantic development shown to us to build up to the most recent episode's events. HOWEVER, after carefully thinking it over, the majority of what happened last episode is fairly well set up and well reasoned. There are plenty of reasons why that marriage made sense as a political move (and I won't even entertain the delusion that it's somehow pedo. If you have any knowledge about the era this would be set in, this would have been totally acceptable). It also fit within the themes the show was building. There is no irredeemable cookie cutter villains in real life. Everyone has their own reasonable goals that lead to what they end up doing, even if sometimes those things seem morally wrong to those on the outside.

tl;dr show has some issues, but was overall pretty good.
turtleinshellMar 22, 2022 9:23 PM
Mar 22, 2022 9:31 PM

Sep 2020
It's always been a 8/10 show for me and I like the recent events.
Mar 22, 2022 9:33 PM

Sep 2020
Pharqwad said:
I wasn't overly invested in this show. But the 1 thing that drew me in was the characters and the mystery behind wtf was going on(almost gave me s1 Seven Deadly Sins vibes). The series made it seem(to me) that there'd be this huge twist at the end, revealed by all the characters coming together for the final episodes....

Oh but was I mistaken, nothing but a bunch of silly plot points to get a shallow resolution. aND WTf waS ThAt ProPOsaL??
This isn't the endgame the manga is still ongoing.
Mar 22, 2022 9:42 PM
Jun 2021
ZXEAN said:
Pharqwad said:

This isn't the endgame the manga is still ongoing.

Hopefully it gets better, it was honestly just the last episode that bugged me. I did enjoy the rest of the series but the climax to the Miranjo "mystery" was just so lackluster compared to build up. I'll keep my fingers crossed tho
Mar 22, 2022 10:42 PM

Nov 2021
Got me in first half ngl. The way he changed from "no it's garbage from start" lmao.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Mar 22, 2022 10:49 PM
Sep 2021
these kinds of threads make me wish you could turn them off on the app
Mar 22, 2022 10:50 PM
Sep 2021
AndreCraft_012 said:
Fansofeverything said:

no, hes straight up insulting all of its fans bro
Mar 22, 2022 10:52 PM

Oct 2018
*checks favourites*

aot and rezero fan. it all makes sense now

Mar 22, 2022 11:23 PM
May 2020
AndreCraft_012 said:
Fansofeverything said:

if he really "just asking", no need to call it garbage lmao, at least ask properly and we're good

are you his friend by any chance lol?

calling something garbage then proceed to "ask" is just straight up insult
One Piece is bad, really
Mar 22, 2022 11:31 PM

Dec 2020
Fansofeverything said:
AndreCraft_012 said:

if he really "just asking", no need to call it garbage lmao, at least ask properly and we're good

are you his friend by any chance lol?

calling something garbage then proceed to "ask" is just straight up insult

I mean, yea. Just another day in firrmal. at first when I read the thread title i thought he's asking something like "reason to watch....." Then my hopes got completely destroyed
Mar 23, 2022 12:07 AM

Jan 2022
AndreCraft_012 said:
Fansofeverything said:

While also calling it shit and and telling those who watched it they are screwed in the head...

Did you even read this post, be honest?
Mar 23, 2022 1:57 AM
Jul 2019
It's not all that but YOU, with those faves and mirai nikki there holding that opinion makes it a lot less valid

Mar 23, 2022 3:34 AM

Sep 2018
It's quite funny, a lot of people are recognizing the dip in quality in the latter half of the series, but in doing so, are also overpraising the first half as a result thanks to recency bias. "Yeah, this 2nd half has been a 6/10, but the first half was an easy 9 or 10/10 for sure". lol....

When you finally realize I was right about the whole series all along, oops, I think some manning up and apologizing is in order here. I'll be waiting.
Mar 23, 2022 3:45 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
Well you have Mirai Nikki in your favs. What were you thinking?

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Mar 23, 2022 6:17 AM
Superior

Apr 2008
1. Deaf people require specialized education. Many of you may not have realized it but Bojji is deaf and the anime was supervised by sign language experts. If you aren't deaf, you are not the audience for this show. Simple as.

2. It is true that I have seen a lot of anime. I am an award-winning part-time anime journalist, so it's important to my valuable role in the community. Simply put, I am immune to all criticism and legally cannot be bullied, so stop it.

3. Yes, I consider Code Geass: A Nunnally in Wonderland to be the greatest anime of all time, yes, I gave Redo of Healer a 10/10, and yes, my average score for Ghibli productions is a 2.32/10. I will not apologize for having good taste.

4. This topic is not meant to be about how much better at anime I am than everyone else, but rather what paths this anime could have taken to actually be good in the eyes of people who were fooled into liking it from the start. Should Daida
Should Miranjo
Etc. Please stay on topic. :/
Mar 23, 2022 6:53 AM

Jul 2011
You're the worst kind of human on the internet. What's the fucking point of this shit? Is your life really that empty that you need to spread hate to feel like your existence is worth anything? Just shut the fuck up and go get a life.
Mar 23, 2022 7:10 AM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
Thread locked for not encouraging meaningful/civil discussion.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful/civil discussion.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

229 by PrimeX »»
Apr 21, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2022

223 by PrimeX »»
Apr 21, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2022

177 by PrimeX »»
Apr 21, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2022

107 by PrimeX »»
Apr 20, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2022

115 by PrimeX »»
Apr 20, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.