Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Can Someone Explain the Timeskip between Season 3 and start of Season 4 (Potential Spoilers)

Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 22, 2022 10:05 AM

Dec 2021
I'm finally getting around to rewatching Season 4 now that the latest season is 1 episode away from completion (binge watcher)

I remember watching Season 4 when it first came out , but was confused as heck to the timeskip that took place between ending of Season 3 and beginning of Season 4 ...

Without too many spoilers , can somebody fill me in on what happened so this rewatch makes more sense ?
Mar 22, 2022 6:51 PM
Jan 2020
okay so in-between seasons 3 and 4 there's a 4 ish year timeskip. for those 4 years marley is at war with east allied forces (this is the fight you see with gabi in the first few episodes)this is a consequence of things that happened at the end of s3. (its also important to note that between seasons 3 and 4 is when porco wouldve eaten the previous jaw titan), after the fight where armin inherits the colossal all of the warriors (piek, zeke, reiner) return to marley as the next set of warriors are trained. for the scouts sometime in-between the two seasons is when they set off on ships to paradis and start building/setting up there. i hope that helps/makes sense !
Mar 22, 2022 6:52 PM
Jul 2020
There was a one year timeskip after the return to Shiganshina at the end of season 3, ending with the scene at the beach. Then there was another 3 year timeskip before season 4. Eren and some of his allies infiltrated Marley during this time to set up their attack. Meanwhile Marley was still at war with other countries and the warriors were fighting in that war. Not much else of note happened.
Mar 22, 2022 7:03 PM

Dec 2021
Austin_Beale said:
There was a one year timeskip after the return to Shiganshina at the end of season 3, ending with the scene at the beach. Then there was another 3 year timeskip before season 4. Eren and some of his allies infiltrated Marley during this time to set up their attack. Meanwhile Marley was still at war with other countries and the warriors were fighting in that war. Not much else of note happened.

cherribee said:
okay so in-between seasons 3 and 4 there's a 4 ish year timeskip. for those 4 years marley is at war with east allied forces (this is the fight you see with gabi in the first few episodes)this is a consequence of things that happened at the end of s3. (its also important to note that between seasons 3 and 4 is when porco wouldve eaten the previous jaw titan), after the fight where armin inherits the colossal all of the warriors (piek, zeke, reiner) return to marley as the next set of warriors are trained. for the scouts sometime in-between the two seasons is when they set off on ships to paradis and start building/setting up there. i hope that helps/makes sense !

ok thx .. I watched the recap movie but it didn't explain much ..
Mar 22, 2022 7:05 PM
Jan 2020
kushmonatl said:
Austin_Beale said:

cherribee said:

yeah the recap movie kinda glances over everything ;-; any other questions ? i hope i explained it well
Mar 22, 2022 7:34 PM

Dec 2021
cherribee said:
kushmonatl said:

yeah the recap movie kinda glances over everything ;-; any other questions ? i hope i explained it well

lol possibly ..

i rewatching the end of season 3 rn maybe I just needed refresher on Marley vs Allies conflict
Mar 23, 2022 8:35 PM
Jul 2018
cherribee said:
I'll add/correct a few things:

Marley's war being The consequence of S3 finale: because they primarily lost the colossal titan(2nd strongest to another titan you'll see and ofc, the founding Titan), and were for some time so focused on paradise so their enemies got more militarily development (anti titan equipment etc). In S3 finale we see that 1 year is passed (3y before S4) and there aren't any more titans coming from the coastal station, because Marley is using them in battle against other countries.

Porco could've inherited the JT in between S2 and S3 or any time onward from that actually

@kushmonatl
Also in the meantime, ppl in paradise started to develop more political interactions with some countries (Marley enemies ofc)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

691 by Ninnox »»
May 1, 12:33 PM

» The one thing I dont understand now is, why WIT censored so much the violence?

MAQS - Dec 20, 2020

26 by SoughtLi »»
Apr 28, 7:26 PM

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.