Forum Settings
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 12, 2022 8:40 PM
Apr 2020
I’ve seen the anime already and now want to read the novels especially since I am having so much fun reading Kizu.
I am deciding between Owarimonogatari part 1 and Koimonogatari. I’d appreciate an opinion on which on I should buy and why as well. Also does Owarimonogatari have to be read as a whole trilogy for the story to be complete? Or is part 1 end nicely?

Thanks!
Mar 14, 2022 9:34 AM
Aug 2019
Koimonogatari adapts the hitagi end arc from second season and owarimonogatari volume 1 adapts the first half of the first season of owari (ougi formula - sodachi lost). Owari volume 1 kinda has an ending, vol 2 takes place awhile before vol 1. Id recommend reading koimonogatari, but only if you read otorimonogatari (nadeko Medusa) first.
Mar 28, 2022 3:15 PM

Nov 2013
Unalina said:
I’ve seen the anime already and now want to read the novels especially since I am having so much fun reading Kizu.
I am deciding between Owarimonogatari part 1 and Koimonogatari. I’d appreciate an opinion on which on I should buy and why as well. Also does Owarimonogatari have to be read as a whole trilogy for the story to be complete? Or is part 1 end nicely?

Thanks!

Honestly I would recommend reading all of the novels even if you've already seen the anime, as the novels have their own unique experience despite the story being mostly the same. I certainly don't regret bying all of the volumes.
You all need to watch Nami.

Mar 28, 2022 3:42 PM

Mar 2016
Would you like them in logical order or personal order? You should of course start with Season 1.

Logical order: Order in which suits the story as a progressing one book by book. You won't have to piece together the story in this order.

>Top down Left to Right

Personal order: Order in which reading is 'supposed' to be read (Sorry i only have spines showing here but you get the point.)

>Left to Right
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: First Season Chapter 21 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Aug 5, 2017

1 by Nachoalpe »»
Apr 1, 3:32 AM

» How are the chapters divided?

Omid_ - Feb 29

3 by Omid_ »»
Feb 29, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: First Season Chapter 10 Discussion

Bheaze - Feb 10, 2014

1 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 22, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: First Season Chapter 9 Discussion

Bheaze - Feb 10, 2014

1 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 22, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Chapter 8 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Jul 6, 2010

6 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 2, 12:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.