Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2022 3:58 PM

May 2015
I liked the premise, but I had a problem with Kanda. It seems like we weren’t supposed to think it’s weird that he’s been banging his friend’s little brother since the kid was in middle school (Kanda would have been 20-ish at the time). Like… that is messed up. I haven’t read BL in a while, but I seem to notice this as a trend? Like it’s almost reinforcing the stereotype that gay men will prey upon minors. In most cases it’s made clear that it’s wrong, but in cases like this they’re just like “oh well :P ”. Nah, bro, that’s messed up. Like, even with the comment section, only one other person seemed to be outraged by how it wasn’t seen as a big deal that a grownass man decided to bang a middle schooler. “But Akira was the one who asked him” bruh, idc, he was in an extremely vulnerable state and had no one.

But yeah, I think it had greater potential. I actually really enjoyed the parts that didn’t involve the drama with Kanda. There are other places you can go to besides an adult basically grooming a minor. Because I honestly think that’s what it was, even if Akira asked. He was vulnerable and wanted help, and Kanda continued to reinforce his “we need and understand each other” mentality.

So yeah, I’d have rated it higher without the Kanda stuff. Giving it a 6.
SuranaMar 14, 2022 8:32 PM
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Mar 1, 2023 7:43 AM

Feb 2021
Masterpiece for me!
Surana said:
I liked the premise, but I had a problem with Kanda. It seems like we weren’t supposed to think it’s weird that he’s been banging his friend’s little brother since the kid was in middle school (Kanda would have been 20-ish at the time). Like… that is messed up. I haven’t read BL in a while, but I seem to notice this as a trend? Like it’s almost reinforcing the stereotype that gay men will prey upon minors. In most cases it’s made clear that it’s wrong, but in cases like this they’re just like “oh well :P ”. Nah, bro, that’s messed up. Like, even with the comment section, only one other person seemed to be outraged by how it wasn’t seen as a big deal that a grownass man decided to bang a middle schooler. “But Akira was the one who asked him” bruh, idc, he was in an extremely vulnerable state and had no one.

But yeah, I think it had greater potential. I actually really enjoyed the parts that didn’t involve the drama with Kanda. There are other places you can go to besides an adult basically grooming a minor. Because I honestly think that’s what it was, even if Akira asked. He was vulnerable and wanted help, and Kanda continued to reinforce his “we need and understand each other” mentality.

Yes, I also don't understand Kanda. He was like a pillow to Akira and otherwise. Anyway Kanata and Akira are together.
Mar 27, 2023 1:53 AM

Nov 2020
Surana said:

Yeah, the Kanda situation wasn't something I liked. Like sure, Akira "asked for it", but at the end of the day, Kanda was the adult and should have said no. He could've been a guide without getting involved with a minor.

But don't worry, the author made a small extra where Akira says they never went "all the way", even if the author heavily implied they did on the main story. Yay
May 20, 2023 9:04 PM

Jun 2020
It’s so bittersweet. Akira managed to experience a simple & pure love in the end. He went through stuff & learnt “the hard way” which is just how life is sometimes, not everything goes smoothly, not everyone behaves rationally, not everyone is good for you. People make mistakes, get lost, ahhhh…..he deserves happiness & seeing how Kanata treated him, it was so healing. So happy for them, they are such a sweet couple & so great for each other. So precious!! ಥ﹏ಥ

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.