Forum Settings
Forums

How do you determine whether or not a series is worth the watch?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 4, 2022 2:05 PM

May 2021
If it seems interesting
Or is unique

If not im most likely avoiding it completely unless I see a lot of good words about it or its from a studio I like
Inhales oxygen
Mar 4, 2022 2:12 PM
#1 Diva Ann simp

Mar 2017
Well if someone recommends me something I'll definitely not watch it.

i have to find interest in a show on my own to even enjoy it at all. If someone says go watch *blank* then I'll just mock the show and not enjoy it. Like why are you interested in this trash.

On another hand, if I find a show on my own ill watch it for entertainment and enjoy my time watching it and not mock it as I do with the stuff people recommend me to watch.

Mar 4, 2022 3:06 PM

Oct 2020
First i just look at the basic description,
Then i just watch a couple of episodes.
If i'm not convinced by at least the half way point (or less if it's a long running series) i just drop it
Mar 8, 2022 11:09 AM

Mar 2021
Fischer77 said:
the art style. judge a book by its cover yes.

This. After watching anime for sometime, you just know what to avoid by simply looking at the artstyle. You're likely to have already guessed how the plot would go as well
Mar 8, 2022 1:58 PM

Aug 2009
I read the series description. If it interests me then I watch it.
Mar 8, 2022 2:30 PM

Nov 2019
Usually getting into the first episode I can discern whether or not it's going to be good.
Mar 10, 2022 2:42 PM

Jul 2020
It's a mix of a lot of things: promotional posters/images/videos, visual style, synopsis, genre, and if a friend recommended it I'll at least look into it.

However, the biggest deciding factor recently has been my memory. The process is basically
'Do I remember hearing about this?' / 'Did I watch it before?' -> 'Was I interested in the premise back then?' -> 'Am I still interested now?' / 'Do I still want to finish it?'
If the answer is 'yes' on all those questions, it'll usually end up in my PtW. If the premise alone left a lasting impression on me that's lasted for years, it's probably worth a try. And then I'll give it an episode. If the first episode can convince me to not drop it (and I very rarely drop anything), then I can go all the way.
Mar 10, 2022 2:45 PM

Mar 2021
If people think it's really bad or really good. Or the community is heavily divided.
Mar 11, 2022 8:16 AM

Sep 2021
I see the poster, decide if it looks good, then read the title. If I think a show looks good based on the poster's art style and has an interesting title, I'll watch it.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Describe an anime in a funny way.

NOTAGLOWIE - Mar 2, 2022

40 by AverageRiceFan »»
1 minute ago

» Would you support AI generated Anime?

Dragevard - 2 hours ago

13 by Lucifrost »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime Drinking Games

EverRealm - 36 minutes ago

3 by Rhae »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform? ( 1 2 )

Dije - Apr 16

84 by APolygons2 »»
10 minutes ago

» Anime girls with the best butt

Hentai_Szimi - Nov 25, 2023

44 by Toooooooooohru »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.