Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 28, 2022 7:05 AM
Jan 2022
it's a pretty good show , without the goody two shoes mc and it's a wonderful isekia . apart from the not so good cgi it's really great . it should be as popular as tensura and mushoku tensei. I’m just trying to say it’s underrated and deserve’s a better score
MastermanipulatrFeb 28, 2022 7:43 AM
Feb 28, 2022 7:30 AM

Aug 2020
this is literally more popular than either of them, look at the member count, it doesn't have as much conversation at the moment because its not airing, simple as.
Call me Ren
Feb 28, 2022 7:31 AM
Nov 2021
It’s 72nd rated in popularity i wouldn’t say it deserves more attention, I mean I think most people that have ever watched an isekai have seen overlord, I do think it’s underrated though, imo it’s a great show and it should be rated higher, definitely better than tensura, maybe not better than mushoku tensei, although that would be difficult.
Feb 28, 2022 7:31 AM
Jan 2022
Render_1 said:
this is literally more popular than either of them, look at the member count, it doesn't have as much conversation at the moment because its not airing, simple as.
Render_1 said:
my main concern is the rating though , it should be at least 8
Feb 28, 2022 7:32 AM
Jan 2022
ReaperPV said:
It’s 72nd rated in popularity i wouldn’t say it deserves more attention, I mean I think most people that have ever watched an isekai have seen overlord, I do think it’s underrated though, imo it’s a great show and it should be rated higher, definitely better than tensura, maybe not better than mushoku tensei, although that would be difficult.
the rating is the main issue
Feb 28, 2022 7:34 AM
Nov 2021
Mastermanipulatr said:
ReaperPV said:
the rating is the main issue

Agreed, though the same could really be said for most isekai, I think there are a lot of people who don’t like them and that’s probably why
Feb 28, 2022 7:35 AM

Feb 2019
It's more popular than the two you mentioned as far as I know (especially than the former).
Feb 28, 2022 7:36 AM

Aug 2020
Mastermanipulatr said:
Render_1 said:
Render_1 said:

say under rated then? Idk I see your point though in that case, overlord definitely deserves to be an 8 at least, though I personally think mushoku is better in terms of plot and characters, but overlord is still great.
Call me Ren
Feb 28, 2022 7:42 AM
Jan 2022
Render_1 said:
Mastermanipulatr said:

say under rated then? Idk I see your point though in that case, overlord definitely deserves to be an 8 at least, though I personally think mushoku is better in terms of plot and characters, but overlord is still great.

Yeah I should correct that
Feb 28, 2022 7:56 AM
Jul 2020
Overlord is a fine show and it's popular enough. When season 4 comes around it will be a topic of discussion again.
Feb 28, 2022 8:19 AM
Aug 2019
CGI? Where in this show is there cgi? I never noticed any lol.
Feb 28, 2022 8:21 AM
Mar 2021
Don't give that crap, Tensura is definitely better than all Isikai Anime I ever see. Mushoku Tensei is also great anime but it has not that feeling that I found in Tensura, Overlord and The Rising Of Shield Hero. I never got tired of watching thise again and again and again. Go watch Tensura Shitara Slime Datta Ken again or read it's manga or light novel.
Feb 28, 2022 8:36 AM
May 2020
It’s the 4th most popular isekai and 72nd most popular of all anime. It’s more popular than both those you mentioned. Widely loved with a very strong fan base and is soon to having this 4th season with a film in the works. It’s quite popular.
I do agree it should have a higher score as it’s one of my favourite shows and it’s source material is my favourite light novel/manga. Its perhaps it’s the dodgy cgi that might lead to it having a bit of a worse rating and the action scenes are animated okay at best. I personally love it as I find it funny and it has an Overlord quality to it that makes me love it. Similar to how even the flaws of your loved ones can be endearing. The story, world building and characters of the show are more than enough for me to love it no matter what.
Feb 28, 2022 9:18 AM
Jul 2021
The rating is fair tbh, the story isn't all that special. Maybe it should be like an 8 or 8.1 but not more than that, for me at least.
Feb 28, 2022 9:38 AM
Feb 2021
it's top 100 all-time in popularity. wtf you mean
Feb 28, 2022 9:38 AM
Jun 2021
RezarR said:
Don't give that crap, Tensura is definitely better than all Isikai Anime I ever see. Mushoku Tensei is also great anime but it has not that feeling that I found in Tensura, Overlord and The Rising Of Shield Hero. I never got tired of watching thise again and again and again. Go watch Tensura Shitara Slime Datta Ken again or read it's manga or light novel.

Fr slime isekai is definitely better than overload. And the manga is like 5 times better than the anime adaptation.
Feb 28, 2022 10:53 AM

Jun 2021
RezarR said:

different people have different opinions mate
I liked overlord definately more and mushoku tensei I just dropped it so can't comment on it
Feb 28, 2022 10:59 AM
Oct 2017
i don't think so, it was so mid, not bad but just average as fuck, it has nothing special to it, its just a mindless power fantasy and its not even good at being a power fantasy even tho the whole story is based on it

and to even mention mushoku tensei in the same conversation is shameful
Feb 28, 2022 10:58 PM
Jan 2021
Issei_Ddraig said:
RezarR said:

Fr slime isekai is definitely better than overload. And the manga is like 5 times better than the anime adaptation.

lol you can't be serious tensura anime adaptation is one of the best adaptation.
like can you tell how manga is better.
I have even read the manga and light novel.
and manga and anime is almost nearly same but ln has some more details but overall it's a perfect adaptation.
I don't know why you people are always like the manga is much better.
I bet you also think demon slayer manga is better than anime.
Feb 28, 2022 11:11 PM
Jun 2021
Gabbar101 said:
Issei_Ddraig said:

lol you can't be serious tensura anime adaptation is one of the best adaptation.
like can you tell how manga is better.
I have even read the manga and light novel.
and manga and anime is almost nearly same but ln has some more details but overall it's a perfect adaptation.
I don't know why you people are always like the manga is much better.
I bet you also think demon slayer manga is better than anime.
the thing about demon slayer is its a very faithful adaptation. Slime isekai? Not so much.
And just what do you mean by "manga and anime is almost nearly same" the anime changed sooo much stuff, and some of the scenes were straight up better in the manga, idk why they had to change it. They literally made a few amazing scenes/moments into a "good enough" scenes. And for some scenes it wasn't a good decision for them to change imo.
The reason manga is better bcz there's alot more content for context, you dont sit there thinking "huh, that was a bit random" for eg, they never bothered to show how rimuru was able to summon demons, and how cool and badass beretta looked when he summoned him and told him to posses the doll for ramiris (i believe was her name, the fairy demon lord). And alot more stuff like that.
Just to be clear, i never said the adaptation was trash, all im saying is it could have been even better if they stayed "loyal" to the manga. The anime is still pretty good no doubts about it.
Feb 28, 2022 11:21 PM
Nov 2016
As much as I love Overlord, I can understand the rating if you watch Anime only.
Mar 1, 2022 10:11 AM
Jun 2020
Mastermanipulatr said:
it's a pretty good show , without the goody two shoes mc and it's a wonderful isekia . apart from the not so good cgi it's really great . it should be as popular as tensura and mushoku tensei. I’m just trying to say it’s underrated and deserve’s a better score

I disagree. mushroom tensei and lube isekai are way better than overlord. however I think it is slightly underrated. a man can die without watching overlord and be called a week but slime tensei is one of the big isekai out there and mushoko tensei is just a great looking and sounding anime. overlord is no where near these two
Mar 1, 2022 10:13 AM
Jun 2020
Mastermanipulatr said:
Render_1 said:
Render_1 said:

8 is too much to ask. even some anime that people call "best of the year" don't get 8. 7.6+ is a great spot for anime to be in
Mar 1, 2022 10:17 AM
Jun 2020
RezarR said:

alot of us have had "that feeling" when watching an anime we love. tensura is good but not deserving of anything above an 8 rating. manga tho is 10/10 easily. personally I'd rate mushoku 10 because that's the anime which gave me "that feeling".
Mar 1, 2022 10:19 AM
Jun 2020
Issei_Ddraig said:
RezarR said:

YESSS YESS THATS WYAT IM DAYING BTO THE MANGA JUST AHHHHHH IM COOMING

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

370 by HayiaSarah »»
Jun 13, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2015

240 by MrList »»
Jun 13, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2015

241 by MrList »»
Jun 11, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

433 by BlackSummoner826 »»
May 30, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2015

283 by RayousSR »»
Apr 23, 12:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.