Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 1, 2022 9:00 PM

Jun 2021
To be Honest I don’t know what to say about this anime but overall, it’s a 5/10
Mar 2, 2022 12:47 AM
Apr 2021
Crack said:
idk I just feel like this show's fanbase doesn't exist

Ye, need more hentai doujinshi... I mean yes.
Mar 2, 2022 12:49 AM
Apr 2021
It was entertaining, but the story was very XD.
At least it had a better ending than the manga
Mar 2, 2022 4:09 AM
Jan 2022
The show overall is decent I'd put it in my top 15 , if you want a more satisfying ending read the manga
Mar 2, 2022 6:00 AM
Jun 2021
the only reason I liked it was bull
Mar 2, 2022 4:42 PM
Mar 2021
TheAceAttorney said:
I sure as hell didn't.

-generic 1 dimension characters

-generic and baffling plot

-irrelevant side characters and main cast

-Plot doesn't care to explain itself

There is nothing redeemable about the show, it does nothing new, incredibly pedestrian story telling, and relies on shockvalue to fall back on its characters.

Mirai Nikki (Granted, more arguments can be made for the former, but there's still plenty wrong with Mirai Nikki) and more importantly Akame ga kill are both shit shows that explain how low your standards are (and there's nothing wrong with that) if you liked them. I understand why beginner Anime fans would not see the flaws (since they're still in that psychedelic-trance like state of mind where they're amazed at all the Anime they watch), but when you watch more and more Anime or anything really your standards get higher and then you can reflect. With Akame ga kill, the quality of the show throughout is so apparently bad that it can't be refuted.

Anyway, this thread is going to get locked anyhow 🤷‍♂️

Hahaha! The fact you literally went out of your way and took so much time to write what you wrote speaks volumes. In my experience, people that don’t like an anime, don’t care about the anime… and…. You care enough to write a damn essay about how you dislike it lol. I drop series i give a 6 or less… I don’t have time for just fine. I think all your message would do will cause more eyes on the subject.
Mar 2, 2022 4:56 PM

Dec 2020
kfsilver89 said:
TheAceAttorney said:
I sure as hell didn't.

-generic 1 dimension characters

-generic and baffling plot

-irrelevant side characters and main cast

-Plot doesn't care to explain itself

There is nothing redeemable about the show, it does nothing new, incredibly pedestrian story telling, and relies on shockvalue to fall back on its characters.

Mirai Nikki (Granted, more arguments can be made for the former, but there's still plenty wrong with Mirai Nikki) and more importantly Akame ga kill are both shit shows that explain how low your standards are (and there's nothing wrong with that) if you liked them. I understand why beginner Anime fans would not see the flaws (since they're still in that psychedelic-trance like state of mind where they're amazed at all the Anime they watch), but when you watch more and more Anime or anything really your standards get higher and then you can reflect. With Akame ga kill, the quality of the show throughout is so apparently bad that it can't be refuted.

Anyway, this thread is going to get locked anyhow 🤷‍♂️

Hahaha! The fact you literally went out of your way and took so much time to write what you wrote speaks volumes. In my experience, people that don’t like an anime, don’t care about the anime… and…. You care enough to write a damn essay about how you dislike it lol. I drop series i give a 6 or less… I don’t have time for just fine. I think all your message would do will cause more eyes on the subject.

Probably, lol. This is just how I talk normally. I get heated easily over garbage like this :D
"Did you forget already? In my word the color "red" doesn't exist. These must be...my tears. Ever since I woke up from my coma...I think I've been waiting for this very moment. You'd do well to remember this, Maya. The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over."
(Ace Attorney T&T: Bridge to the Turnabout)
"I'm my worst critic." (Kendrick Lamar)
Mar 2, 2022 5:16 PM
Mar 2021
TheAceAttorney said:
kfsilver89 said:

Probably, lol. This is just how I talk normally. I get heated easily over garbage like this :D

Well if you got heated this much then it did something right. That has value. I look at Akame ga kill like full metal alchemist. The anime started while the manga was ongoing and the anime went with in a different direction. There might be an Akame ga kill ‘brotherhood’ one day but that’s going off topic. The lowest popular anime I rated was Cowboy bebop. I watched that show 6 times starting in 2001 on adult swim. I had to sit through it to watch Trigun or other interesting anime after it. I don’t like Cowboy bebop… I don’t get the hype. But if I didn’t have to sit through it every weekend at 12am, then I would have so much resentment. So my question for you is, why do you resent the series so much… that you’ll write an essay about it? It’s not like Akame ga kill is one of those popular anime that people shove in your face like attack on Titan or elitist that hype it up as a masterpiece like Hunter x Hunter. In my opinion, I think the Akame ga kill is a masterpiece. It’s like my 70th anime I completed since I was part of the 90’s Toonami generation and early 2000’s adult swim generation. I didn’t watch Akame ga kill until way later. Like in 2017 and again in 2021. Which between 2017 and 2021 my experience in anime quadrupled. Personally, I agree with your arguments. But it’s not exclusive to Akame ga kill but rather anime in general… I can’t fault AGK for being an anime.
Mar 2, 2022 5:16 PM
Mar 2021
TheAceAttorney said:
kfsilver89 said:

Well if you got heated this much then it did something right. That has value. I look at Akame ga kill like full metal alchemist. The anime started while the manga was ongoing and the anime went with in a different direction. There might be an Akame ga kill ‘brotherhood’ one day but that’s going off topic. The lowest popular anime I rated was Cowboy bebop. I watched that show 6 times starting in 2001 on adult swim. I had to sit through it to watch Trigun or other interesting anime after it. I don’t like Cowboy bebop… I don’t get the hype. But if I didn’t have to sit through it every weekend at 12am, then I would have so much resentment. So my question for you is, why do you resent the series so much… that you’ll write an essay about it? It’s not like Akame ga kill is one of those popular anime that people shove in your face like attack on Titan or elitist that hype it up as a masterpiece like Hunter x Hunter. In my opinion, I think the Akame ga kill is a masterpiece. It’s like my 70th anime I completed since I was part of the 90’s Toonami generation and early 2000’s adult swim generation. I didn’t watch Akame ga kill until way later. Like in 2017 and again in 2021. Which between 2017 and 2021 my experience in anime quadrupled. Personally, I agree with your arguments. But it’s not exclusive to Akame ga kill but rather anime in general… I can’t fault AGK for being an anime.
Mar 2, 2022 5:23 PM

Dec 2020

No, when your show is talked about being bad so much, it probably is. This is no exception. SAO, Akame Ga Kill, Mirai Nikki, HOTD, Domestic Girlfriend, Oreimo; when your show has THAT much infamous notoriety, it means that it did something terribly wrong. It is MUCH harder for people to reach an agreement on what is good. Therefore, shows get hyped, expectations fall, you get the point. However, on the topic of shows that people do not enjoy, there is more credibility there, since it is harder to please than to disappoint. If you want a take on why people don't like certain things, there's mine.

Akame Ga Kill is popular enough, and (while I fall into this trap, myself) disliking something, because it is popular is not enough reason to. Sure, I could dislike Cowboy Beebop, Attack on Titan S3-current (Haven't caught up, anyhow) solely on popularity. Yet, I ask you: Where's the merit in that? People will always judge with subjectivity of course, but that doesn't mean you outright throw objectivity out the window, either. And from an objective perspective, Akame Ga Kill just fails on a lot of points (Hence, the things I discussed earlier).

I hate things that I hate. And I'm passionate about what I enjoy and what I don't, I write "essays," as you call them, for anything; not just what I dislike. When you (general) engage in a discussion with someone about liking/disliking it's important to acknowledge both sides of the argument. That is how debates are formed.
"Did you forget already? In my word the color "red" doesn't exist. These must be...my tears. Ever since I woke up from my coma...I think I've been waiting for this very moment. You'd do well to remember this, Maya. The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over."
(Ace Attorney T&T: Bridge to the Turnabout)
"I'm my worst critic." (Kendrick Lamar)
Mar 8, 2022 6:18 PM
Jul 2016
it was ok, nothing really left an impression on me but it's nothing that I'll recommend or look back on.
Oct 23, 2022 1:17 AM
Oct 2021
I don't like it, but still enjoying fight & Battle this show.
Oct 23, 2022 1:18 AM

May 2020
bro got ratio'd in a MAL thread thats wild
Oct 30, 2022 3:55 PM
Jun 2021
i think most of the anime is good until the ending which isn’t bad but cripples your emotions and expectations.
Oct 30, 2022 5:27 PM

Jul 2007
Thought it was okay, wouldn't ever go out of my way to recommend it. My cousin, on the other hand, really liked it
Oct 31, 2022 2:32 PM

Feb 2009
Crack said:
idk I just feel like this show's fanbase doesn't exist

Nickname checks out cuz you on crack if you think that.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Nov 21, 2022 8:18 AM

Jul 2013
It's overall a fun but average series, mainly carried by Esdeath, the action scenes and the character deaths. The last five episodes of the anime held it back from being a solid 6 for me.
Nov 21, 2022 8:20 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Yes, I like it and this has one of the best first episode ever, I ever rewatched entire anime once ^.^

Although the ending is disappointing and could be much better.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1363 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.