Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 30, 2022 8:01 AM
Jan 2009
So in the next chapter we will get reveal as to Who Why-man truly is.

We know that its someone who was alive during Senku life and its a figure known really well by everyone. When you look at faces every single person from the past is absolutely terrified. Rest look scared but not as much.
Jan 30, 2022 8:44 AM

Jul 2014
My guess is between Yoh, Ginro, that mangaka guy who being revived, or that one villager man who likes to eat..
Jan 30, 2022 9:39 AM
May 2021
Suiiiiiiiikaaaaaaa
Jan 30, 2022 10:18 AM
Oct 2017
I think it's a solar-powered IA. It looked like a black stain because of the solar panels on top of it.
Jan 30, 2022 10:23 AM
Jul 2021
My hunch is telling maybe its chrome
Jan 30, 2022 1:17 PM
Jan 2017
I feel it is related to the crew on the space station, though it could be someone from the Apollo missions (thinking 16-17)
Jan 31, 2022 2:49 AM

Mar 2020
Its thanos
He was farming on moon after petrifying everyone

Seiba Supremacy 🛐
Jan 31, 2022 6:33 PM

Feb 2018
It might be shitty if it was someone why didn't know nothing before this... even worse, a brother or Senku we never knew before (because they coule have been adopted separately)
Jan 31, 2022 9:30 PM

Nov 2016
I think it's Chelsea. I can't explain it but I think it's her
Feb 2, 2022 2:36 AM

Mar 2020
I think it's Matsukaze. Why?

1st, he said that Ginro is his master so he can be with the gang and watch their movements. Ginro is also one of the most dense and easy minded character there, it's easy to fool him especially when you makes him feel great about himself.

2nd, this happened around the time Matsukaze got revived.

3rd, who said that the medusa came from up there? Matsukaze. Maybe because he has an advantage on the moon. Maybe the chances of winning are higher there. Who knows?

There's still so many lack of proofs so I could be wrong and I wish I am wrong.

As for that dark ominous stain they spotted. I think it's oil.
Why? because U.S.'s flag is near lol. Just like Senku said, coincidence? I think not.

Ramen, Soumen, Reimen, Tsukemen. You have no choice, I just cook.
Feb 2, 2022 3:32 AM
Jan 2009
Theory would be solid if not the fact that why man was active before this moment though.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY scene
Feb 3, 2022 3:46 AM
Jul 2012
Considering what we know:

Byakuya and co.? No, they all went down to Earth together shortly after the petrification, and were then effectively stuck down on the planet.

Descendents of the above? It's very unlikely they would have the technology to build a spacecraft to reach the moon. If they did, Senku or some other important character would probably know by now (if not from testimonies, then from finding traces while travelling around the world) that someone had built a spacecraft while he and (almost) the rest of humanity was petrified.

Blind passenger on the spaceship that Senku and the 3 others used just now to go to the moon? Practically impossible.

Could it even be a human? There isn't enough oxygen on the moon for a human to survive thousands of years. Well, humans can't live that long even with ample oxygen.

Petrified human? No one would be there to resurrect them for this moment, and I also find it unlikely they know about the revival fluid prior to Senku making the discovery*.

So my guess is aliens or a computer of some sort... Except for the fact that it sounds like Senku knows this "Why-man". In which case, I find it just barely possible that an astronaut from the 20th or 21st century is the culprit. They pretended to die in space (most likely on the moon), and hid on the moon. This doesn't take accomplices into account though. It's only about who is standing before Senku in the latest chapter.

Basically, no one could travel to space AFTER the first petrification event except for Senku, Kohaku, Stanley, and Ryuusui. None of them can be the "Why-man" in front of Senku (I'd be very surprised and disappointed if any of them are Why-man). Therefore, it's someone whose space travel took place in the 20th or 21st century. "Why-man" either had 1 or more accomplices carry out the deed, or he petrified everyone himself by giving instructions (X meters, Y seconds) to the many medusas to petrify everyone (he sent many Medusa devices because he didn't know if they would burn up on the way down), then launched them down to Earth (like in the above picture). Afterwards, "Why-man" petrified himself and got revived when humans were found on Earth... Except there is a problem with this. No human can live that long, so who could revive him? Did he use a computer or a contraption of some sort instead? Equally important is that he also needed to know about the revival fluid in order to be revived. No matter what kind of computer or contraption he makes that could alert him to humans on Earth and revive him, he still needs the actual revival fluid to revive.

In conclusion, I don't think anyone could have travelled to the moon after the 1st human petrification event. They went to the moon before petrifying everyone and hid there until just recently. All the Medusa devices in the picture above are imperfect** (can't petrify a whole planet) leftovers from the moon. Why-man discovered that a few primitive humans had escaped petrification, and so he sent down the rest of the Medusa devices in order to attempt to petrify them, but as Senku noted, the batteries were almost dead at that point (Why-man just thought they were imperfect all along). They could only be used for small-scale petrification. Or perhaps he thought or hoped they would petrify each other with them, I don't know. Who do I think is "Why-man"? An astronaut from the 20th or 21st century. There are a bunch to choose from, so I don't know who to pick, only saying that they are the most obvious suspects. I still can't explain how "Why-man" could be revived though, so I'm probably wrong. We will see.

*Assuming the reason why they asked "Why" was that they didn't know how Senku and everyone else got out of petrification. It's a different story if they asked "Why" because they don't know how they advanced to 21st century technology so quickly.

**The one Senku and the rest used recently has been repaired. The imperfection was caused by a faulty battery.

Question for the people suspecting Ginro, Chrome, Suika, Yoh, and Chelsea: how do you explain them being on the planet right now? They all have an alibi. Furthermore, regarding Suika: why would she spend years trying to revive Senku after all of humanity got petrified, then betray them on the moon? It doesn't make any sense (the person saying Suika was probably joking, but still xD).

If "Why-man" is down on Earth right now, and Senku isn't pointing at a person right now, well, I'm at a loss then lol.
teubert2Feb 3, 2022 3:26 PM
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

Feb 5, 2022 9:59 AM
Nov 2019
It can be Ryuusui as the person who is greedy he should be the first one to land
Feb 6, 2022 1:12 AM

Oct 2013
I have around 20 chapters to catch up with the recent chapter of Dr. Stone, however I couldn't help and read some spoilers.

So we are close to finding out at last who Why-man is?

My hunch is that it might be Senku, but evil and from a parallel universe, travelling with the usage of the time machine. That could be the best way to sum up everything we had learnt about Why-man so far. Not to mention the spectacular plot-twist and something as miraculous as constructing a time machine to allow its user to freely travel back and forth in time.

Another possibility might be Senku's evil twin constructing a robot looking like Senku (a robot similar to the one we could see multiple times before, sharing extra informations about scientific stuff.

Third possibility: retconing the robot from the Byakuya spin-off (manga that apparently was marked as not belonging to canon).

Whatever Why-man's identity might be, I can't wait to learn more about it! :)
Feb 23, 2022 6:37 AM
Apr 2020
Lmao jokes on you all
Mar 16, 2022 8:51 PM

Mar 2016
avilashrath said:
Lmao jokes on you all

Yeah, turns out it's Elon Musk's Tesla x SpaceX collaboration anomaly inducing device that is the true identity behind Why Man.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 232 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ArtaRay - Mar 2, 2022

85 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 231 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2022

24 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 1:06 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 230 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2022

19 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 228 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2022

36 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 12:53 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 227 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2022

33 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 12:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.