Forum Settings
Forums
MARS
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 14, 2022 1:13 PM
Feb 2021
As with other shoujo manga in the 90s/2000s (early aughts), I feel like Mars could have made it as a beautiful classic romance anime. Other genres similar at the time, like Fruit Basket, did well for their demographic. And later on, it got a reboot that was simply amazing. I wish Mars got a chance like that. I truly feel like it could be an absolute classic of the romance anime drama, yet it never got a chance- it was seemingly never even discussed. Do you think an anime would have enhanced the series or otherwise? Why and why not?
Jan 14, 2022 1:55 PM

Feb 2020
so how is the live action adaptation of this? anyone seen it?

it has 2 version from what i gathered Taiwanese and japanese one. Based mydramalist taiwanese one is better and even highly rated too.

i am interested. But i want to know if its complete and faithful to manga?
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jan 16, 2022 11:51 AM
Feb 2021
Adampk said:

I haven’t, but I also have no idea where I can watch it. From my understanding though, most live action adaptions are not very good.
Jan 16, 2022 12:06 PM

Feb 2020
lbunny7 said:
Adampk said:

I haven’t, but I also have no idea where I can watch it. From my understanding though, most live action adaptions are not very good.

Thats only the case of american ones. Many japanese liveaction adaptation are well recieved. A recent eg is erased, I have seen many people saying erased live action version is even better that anime (even I think the same). Though overall still it depends on type of source. Superpower action doesnt translate well in live action. But romance show such as this has higher chances.

Well, according to mydramalist Taiwanese live action version is 8+. So alteast that mean many people like it.
https://mydramalist.com/133-mars
I checked it available online. Though I am not sure where its available legally.

Anyways I decided that i will watch it. since the manga looks short, 21 episode is more the enough so it probably might be complete

AdampkJan 16, 2022 12:25 PM
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Mar 21, 2022 9:54 AM
Jul 2020
Adampk said:
lbunny7 said:

Thats only the case of american ones. Many japanese liveaction adaptation are well recieved. A recent eg is erased, I have seen many people saying erased live action version is even better that anime (even I think the same). Though overall still it depends on type of source. Superpower action doesnt translate well in live action. But romance show such as this has higher chances.

Well, according to mydramalist Taiwanese live action version is 8+. So alteast that mean many people like it.
I checked it available online. Though I am not sure where its available legally.

Anyways I decided that i will watch it. since the manga looks short, 21 episode is more the enough so it probably might be complete

Any update on the authenticity of the live action adaptations?

I was wondering myself if any of them are worth checking out and if they’re faithful to the manga at all.
Mar 21, 2022 10:56 AM

Feb 2020
azenobio said:
Adampk said:

Any update on the authenticity of the live action adaptations?

I was wondering myself if any of them are worth checking out and if they’re faithful to the manga at all.

Yep, go for it
Taiwanese version is pretty good and faithful.
Japanese one kind of cramps, merges few character and cuts out few thing. But still main story is mostly there in that too.
AdampkMar 21, 2022 11:09 AM
BIO

More topics from this board

» Volume 13

KitaTsuki - Oct 18, 2011

2 by Noir_Alchemist »»
Sep 22, 2022 5:10 PM

» Volume 9

KitaTsuki - Oct 18, 2011

3 by Noir_Alchemist »»
Sep 22, 2022 3:19 PM

» Volume 8

KitaTsuki - Oct 18, 2011

4 by Noir_Alchemist »»
Sep 22, 2022 2:40 PM

Poll: » Mars Chapter 8 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Nov 15, 2012

1 by OnigirisBasket »»
May 19, 2022 1:35 AM

» Volume 6

KitaTsuki - Oct 18, 2011

2 by azenobio »»
Mar 21, 2022 7:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.