Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Life Lessons with Uramichi Oniisan
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 25, 2021 5:13 PM

Jul 2021
I cant seem really relate to the MC dilema, sure he may not become a World Class Gymnast, But come on, You are Good Looking, Your Body is in a Very Good Shape, Your Income is above average and you are a celebrity.

If you MC is somewhat look a like the MC in Jobless reincarnation (before he got isekai) and he got a shitty job, then maybe I can relate to him.

overall a 7/10 to me. it still have some fun moments.
Dec 26, 2021 1:22 PM

Jul 2016
Respectfully I have two questions: How old are you? And have you ever dealt with depression?
Because someone can have a "good life" and still be depressed.
Also being an adult is hard, we have all these dreams when we are teens about how our life will be like when we are around 30, but let me tell you, most of the time your life will turn nothing like what you dreamed about.
And personally if I had to work doing what he does, pretending to be super happy when you are actually not, I don't know what I would do with myself... But it seems Uramichi does like the children in the end.
That said, obviously relating to a character will depend on your own life experiences, so not everyone will like it.
Dec 27, 2021 5:22 AM

Jul 2021
Quequel said:
Respectfully I have two questions: How old are you? And have you ever dealt with depression?
Because someone can have a "good life" and still be depressed.
Also being an adult is hard, we have all these dreams when we are teens about how our life will be like when we are around 30, but let me tell you, most of the time your life will turn nothing like what you dreamed about.
And personally if I had to work doing what he does, pretending to be super happy when you are actually not, I don't know what I would do with myself... But it seems Uramichi does like the children in the end.
That said, obviously relating to a character will depend on your own life experiences, so not everyone will like it.

I understand your point, But in a different perspective some people will be very Grateful and Very Happy if they have the Looks/Body Physique, Income, and Celebrity status of the MC.

Dec 28, 2021 11:24 AM

Jul 2016
Yes, of course, and some people will be very grateful just having a plate of food at the end of the day.
Telling depressed people how fortunate they are for having a bunch of things that other people dream of having will not make them magically not depressed.
AS much as I have laughed at this anime, it still made me kinda sad at times, because to all my friends standarts I have a lot of things (stable job, my own apartament, to mention a few), but I still don't feel fulfilled.
I'm 31, I wish I was married, I've been in a stable relationship for 10 years, but my boyfriend is still getting his life together, so as you can imagine I could relate tremendoulsy with Utano oneesan.
Not achieving your dreams is sad even if you have already achieved a bunch of other stuff, if you can't relate to that, whatever.
The point still stands that Uramichi thought his life was gonna be vastly different at his age and that makes him sad.
People that a have "good life" can't feel sad anymore? Can't be depressed? What the hell?
Dec 29, 2021 4:34 AM
Apr 2021
I cant seem really relate to the MC dilema

But that's not his dilemma either.
Jan 1, 2022 11:53 PM
Jul 2018
When you are depressed all year and finally feel relatable and quite entertained with this anime but suddenly someone commented i dOnT gEt iT wHy tHe mC sO dEpREssEd:
Jan 14, 2022 1:36 PM

Mar 2015
It's not like depressed people want to be depressed, they can't help but feel how they feel. You're able to say that he should be grateful and happy with how he's living because you've never been depressed.

I don't know and can't imagine how getting shot or being stabbed at feels because I've never experienced them. Mental health is complicated, so you can't just assume how the other person would feel when you've never been through it. That's why it's not as simple as telling them that they need to be grateful for what they have.
Jan 19, 2022 1:13 PM

Nov 2013
MC is doing a job he doesn't enjoy. Of course in the end he realizes just how beloved he is by kids, but this still doesn't change the fact that he is doing something he'd rather not be doing.
Many people, me included, are good at their job. Just like MC we are doing a productive job. But, we would rather devote ourselves to our hobbies or jobs we studied and trained for...
Sadly, the totally unrelatable and random job sometimes happens to pay better, hence our desires are sacrificed. Hence a depressed life...
Jan 21, 2022 9:24 AM
Apr 2021
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Just like MC we are doing a productive job. But, we would rather devote ourselves to our hobbies or jobs we studied and trained for...
Sadly, the totally unrelatable and random job sometimes happens to pay better, hence our desires are sacrificed. Hence a depressed life...

Yes. And the same goes for Usahara Tobikichi.
Jan 24, 2022 3:33 PM
Nov 2014
As someone who has experienced working with kids and has had to pretend to be happy when so many other stressors are weighing me down mentally and emotionally... I totally get where he's coming from.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uramichi Oniisan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

55 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 3, 12:50 AM

Poll: » Uramichi Oniisan Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2021

110 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 3, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Uramichi Oniisan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2021

69 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 2, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Uramichi Oniisan Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2021

43 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 2, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Uramichi Oniisan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2021

200 by Perfumedpenguin »»
Feb 14, 9:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.