Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 15, 2021 10:02 PM

Nov 2013
@Yaggamy

No. He's saying that not to judge Rudy based on his previous life.
He got reincarnated to a different world and 22 episodes later some people still cling to modern day Earth standards and judge him based on them.
Seriously? Rudy monologues in his 40yo self, and is the same fat bastard when talking with hitogami. Not to mention, he literally retains memories of modern day Earth with modern day Earth standards, so your argument makes 0 sense.

And there is a very loud and angry minority who can't accept that he's in a different world than ours and can do what ever he wants to do.
Like sexually assaulting a minor which he knows is a wrong thing, but does anyway huh?

@Ceoneichi As the user I mentioned above said, it's the "angry minority" who thinks that way. Ludicrous generalization, but it's funny how it's the majority creating threads white-knighting this show all the time. I mean, look at the score and popularity. It's honestly pathetic how some think they should highlight the minority anyways. Do you honestly need to talk basically about: "people shouldn't hate this show because..." Somebody will always have reasons. Deal with it.

That's why we shouldn't all the Time brought of he was of earth all the time,they want to live their life on this world seriously,so why bother them
This is a work of fiction. Author's imagination brought to fruition. It will get criticized. This laughable excuse isn't an excuse. Not for me, for sure.
Dec 15, 2021 10:33 PM

Jan 2021
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
@Yaggamy

No. He's saying that not to judge Rudy based on his previous life.
He got reincarnated to a different world and 22 episodes later some people still cling to modern day Earth standards and judge him based on them.
Seriously? Rudy monologues in his 40yo self, and is the same fat bastard when talking with hitogami. Not to mention, he literally retains memories of modern day Earth with modern day Earth standards, so your argument makes 0 sense.
Just because one remembers earth standards doesn't make them relevent, because this isn't earth.

The world he is in is pretty lawless, there isn't much around that can enforce rules outside of a town or city with Murder and Slavery being common further highlighting this isn't earth.

Nobles giving out their daughters on their 10th birthday with a dance also definitely not modern earth standards.

The complaints I see and given the world he is in is some expect him to be the moral crusader to bring civility to these animals, typical western mindset of "fix your culture it disturbs me" kind of thinking.

Dec 15, 2021 11:59 PM
Jan 2021
Honestly, I think that being reincarnated helps develop the character. This series repeatedly tells us that Rudeus is not perfect and even the man god dragging him back to his old body is a reminder of how he isn't perfect either.
In this world Rudeus is a genus, OP character and, though he does make mistakes in the other world, he has a fairly morally "straight" compass if you subtract his perverted nature. I believe this is to help illustrate that people are often products of their own environment.
In this world he is able to flourish because his environment supports it. He still learns and makes mistakes but is vastly better than how he was before. Before, he was stifled and bullied which lead down a bitter road of regret and bad choices.
If you take away his reincarnation then you take away his darker side and you take away a chance to make amends. Obviously every isekai has its morally ambiguous questions like "Did he deserve a second chance?", "Doesn't he have an unfair advantage?", "Does he have the right to change the lives of those living in another world?".
Stories are all about putting yourself in someone else's shoes. And sometimes we don't know what we would do in those situations. Do we really know for sure that we could pull through in the same situation? Or would we back out? Make bad decisions?

As for the sensitive topic, I think we should be careful about not getting to heated as I doubt the mods want to deal with more of that.
Dec 16, 2021 12:13 AM

Nov 2013
@dabdabgoose
Just because one remembers earth standards doesn't make them relevent, because this isn't earth.
So what's relevant then? It's not like Rudy does shit because he convinced himself earth standards no longer apply to him and hence went villain-mode.

The world he is in is pretty lawless, there isn't much around that can enforce rules outside of a town or city with Murder and Slavery being common further highlighting this isn't earth.
How is this an argument? Rudy hasn't heard anything about medieval history in his previous life? This isn't the earth where slavery and murder was common, but it's not like such period of time never existed. In other words, Rudy can exploit the savage world and kill/rape to his heart's content(for instance)? And we should be ok with it or something?

Nobles giving out their daughters on their 10th birthday with a dance also definitely not modern earth standards.
And? Rudy doesn't know that or something? If you mean the ballroom scene from part 1, I don't think nobles would give out their daughters as easily as it sounded there. Nor does it mean kids were banging other kids at such early age. Eris didn't give herself to Rudy there and then for a reason. I understood Eris's dads words more as a joke that a kid shouldn't have guessed the meaning of, like "use protection if you take one of them to bed" or whatever he said. I'm sure he, or the parents of children wouldn't allow/be ok with Rudy actually doing the deed. The same way people often use bullshit "age of consent" of modern era as an excuse to justify the latest Eris-Rudy scene. Just because age of consent is low in some countries, doesn't mean kids go having sex at an early age. It happens, but very rarely and often leads to parents getting involved and marriages arranged. It's not like one can do the deed and use "but, but... age of consent is 15 in this country" when caught having consensual sex with a minor.

The complaints I see and given the world he is in is some expect him to be the moral crusader to bring civility to these animals, typical western mindset of "fix your culture it disturbs me" kind of thinking.
I can't talk for all, but it's stupid to pretend Rudy's earth standards is irrelevant, when knowledge and experience he acquired from said world literally helped him manipulate and impress everyone in the new world! We don't live in the imaginary world of Rudy where everyone's (except Hitogami) is oblivious to the fact that Rudy's a reincarnation. Saying that earth standards are irrelevant is not an excuse for me when judging Rudy who knows of said Earth standards.
Dec 16, 2021 1:01 AM

Jan 2021
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
@dabdabgoose
So what's relevant then? It's not like Rudy does shit because he convinced himself earth standards no longer apply to him and hence went villain-mode.
Morals and rules/law are different thats the relavency
How is this an argument? Rudy hasn't heard anything about medieval history in his previous life? This isn't the earth where slavery and murder was common, but it's not like such period of time never existed. In other words, Rudy can exploit the savage world and kill/rape to his heart's content(for instance)? And we should be ok with it or something?
Ah yes straight to the nuclear option as expected, is it really worth a response?

Touchy feely guy really is at the level of a murderer.

And? Rudy doesn't know that or something? If you mean the ballroom scene from part 1, I don't think nobles would give out their daughters as easily as it sounded there.
Literally it's what happened here though in this sceniaro related to the world he is in.

Nor does it mean kids were banging other kids at such early age. Eris didn't give herself to Rudy there and then for a reason. I understood Eris's dads words more as a joke that a kid shouldn't have guessed the meaning of, like "use protection if you take one of them to bed" or whatever he said. I'm sure he, or the parents of children wouldn't allow/be ok with Rudy actually doing the deed.
So it's a joke when it's not Rudeus even though Eris clearly was put up to it when she was waiting for him in his room?

The same way people often use bullshit "age of consent" of modern era as an excuse to justify the latest Eris-Rudy scene. Just because age of consent is low in some countries, doesn't mean kids go having sex at an early age. It happens, but very rarely and often leads to parents getting involved and marriages arranged. It's not like one can do the deed and use "but, but... age of consent is 15 in this country" when caught having consensual sex with a minor.
The only bullshit is your perspective on the matter, because in that world Eris is an Adult, it's not like she is she is some vulnerable flower, she is Monster in fighting terms and travelled the world through harsh environments many would die in, it's not exactly the same as a Sheltered modern child.

I can't talk for all, but it's stupid to pretend Rudy's earth standards is irrelevant, when knowledge and experience he acquired from said world literally helped him manipulate and impress everyone in the new world! We don't live in the imaginary world of Rudy where everyone's (except Hitogami) is oblivious to the fact that Rudy's a reincarnation. Saying that earth standards are irrelevant is not an excuse for me when judging Rudy who knows of said Earth standards.

Morals and knowledge are not the same thing though so I don't understand why your trying to compare different subjects that don't need to overlap to make a point.
dabdabgooseDec 16, 2021 1:18 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 31, 2021

399 by JasperLord »»
May 19, 1:40 AM

» Does Rudeus ever stop being a pervert

Jking_The_Dark - Mar 22

36 by ChaChaVan »»
May 17, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2021

190 by marta_valse »»
May 14, 3:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Dec 19, 2021

467 by MRP044 »»
May 13, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2021

274 by marta_valse »»
May 13, 12:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.