Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 13, 2021 6:58 AM
Jan 2015
Setting aside BAD CGI, this show was a total blast. It's a shame i discovered it 2 years late. Dynamics of politics, actions and logic is just too damn good. Not to mention grown up adults in actual battles is totally realistic.

I have not idea why it got so low MAL rating and perhaps the reason i did not found it before.

In all, i loved it and i hope there are more anime like this.

What do you think it got a bad rating ?
One reason people say is that it lacks proper goal, but i think it's a plus point. There are many ways to tell a story, there always don't have to be a main character. For example, consider real life, there is no damn main character.
Some says, it lack explanation about aliens and their motives, but they fail to understand that story is not about them, but about humans. Also, run time is too less to explain all of it.
Some guy gave it less rating because run time is less . OMG !!! . It's like giving low rating to an anime because it don't have second season.

Any ways, what's your opinion of this show ?
May 11, 2022 2:27 PM

Mar 2020
You convinced me to go out and give it a try.
Aug 21, 2022 7:55 AM
Jul 2012
I don't understand why "bad" and CGI have been conflated such that the entire internets thing all CGI is bad. I liked this CGI, and I prefer visual shows to have motion. Unlike most anime that becomes a slideshow to save money.

I could tell this was written by people who knew military life, or were adjacent to it. The details were awesome and spot on, things were gritty and realistic, and the final episode was just a chef's kiss. Not because I like loli mecha fighting, but because it's a big FU you to loli mecha teen angst.

10/10, need moar.

I've live to see this continued, and I'd love to buy the mecha toys if they weren't smaller than my laptop's power supply.
Jun 1, 2023 7:42 PM

Jul 2012
What about . . . no?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Obsolete Episode 12 Discussion

IKKIsama - Dec 5, 2020

18 by abystoma2 »»
Jul 6, 2023 8:45 AM

Poll: » Obsolete Episode 9 Discussion

tofei - Dec 15, 2020

4 by Seansempai »»
May 1, 2023 9:44 PM

Poll: » Obsolete Episode 1 Discussion

Leosmileyface - Dec 18, 2019

7 by shuuha »»
Sep 16, 2022 12:34 AM

Poll: » Obsolete Episode 8 Discussion

tofei - Dec 8, 2020

2 by removed-user »»
May 14, 2022 4:34 AM

Poll: » Obsolete Episode 7 Discussion

tofei - Dec 3, 2020

5 by removed-user »»
May 13, 2022 6:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.