Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 8, 2021 1:44 AM
Aug 2019
I would like to know peoples thoughts about this, since recently I was talking to a friend about alicization and how the some parts of the overall arc felt somewhat off or slow at some points, and I mentioned that for me this season/part especially felt really slow and just ruined the hype for me for when it stepped into part 2 and I was just wanting to get it over with but it was just taking forever, and just like mentioned before, it completely ruined the hype me and threw off the remaining of the arc, and it made me wonder if people also felt like this or it was just me?

P.S. It also would cool if LN readers could give their take on this point in the LN and how that was approached and the differences.
Dec 8, 2021 2:01 AM
Oct 2021
I think some parts of alicization felt a little slow but for me world of the underworld part 1 and 2 were awesome and didn't feel slow at all abd hyped me up.
Dec 8, 2021 3:49 AM
Jun 2021
Personally i like alicization arc and the war of underworld arc was the best in sao franchise. Well sometimes it fells slow but it does its job pretty good job.
Dec 8, 2021 3:56 AM
Jun 2019
Honestly for me it wasn’t slow at all. I enjoyed the story all the way through. Then when the war started it kept me hyped all the way through. To me this is the best season so far.
Dec 8, 2021 5:56 AM
Jul 2021
iLLesTKilla said:
Honestly for me it wasn’t slow at all. I enjoyed the story all the way through. Then when the war started it kept me hyped all the way through. To me this is the best season so far.
Facts
(fifteen characters)
Dec 8, 2021 8:49 AM
Nov 2020
As someone who watched it when it was releasing weekly, it did feel slow at some parts, but I was still hype every week even though I’m not an SAO fan. It actually felt like an isekai anime.
Dec 8, 2021 9:53 AM
Jul 2020
I personally think it was fine the season wasn’t too long or slow only reason it would be slow is because it took some time to show all parts of the plot and different characters etc anyways i liked it

Dec 8, 2021 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
War of the Underworld is the best part of SAO
Dec 8, 2021 3:40 PM

May 2021
Well, because of the 'slow' pacing that makes this arc good unlike the other seasons,this arc actually has a proper build up and not make a speedrun like the previous ones.
Dec 8, 2021 5:37 PM
Dec 2020
I went slow for actual character develop(Best boi Eugeo and Alice in some way)and build up some plot for a villain to actually be decent if you want lightning speed rushing AF plot then skip every other ep,you probably wouldn't skip much of the story
Dec 9, 2021 1:21 AM
Jun 2021
This season feels very slow indeed, bug it's the most beautifull SAO season
Dec 9, 2021 1:48 AM
Aug 2019
I agree with all of you, the overall arc of Alicization was Good, it brought back what SAO was meant to be, the new characters felt good, but sometimes felt bland, for example, Alice at some points. But for me during the war of underworld, it felt slow not just cause the two prior seasons were fast but because the pacing was all over the place, at some points it did go by fast, but it was good at building up hype for the finale, but as well at some points I felt bored and not happy with what was going on, but don’t get me wrong it was way better than what Season 2 is, and I feel like with the new progression movie, SAO will be at a good stand point since Progressive is really good, at least it is for me from what I’ve read so far in the Manga since that is what SAO is, and I also like how it goes more in depth with the SAO arc and shows us what went down between each floor and the relationships the characters had, make or break. And ngl, I never really liked Asuna to begin with, but with Progressive, it made me appreciate her more since it adds more story to her, the way she acts, how she got her character and the backstory behind her, but yeah I feel like SAO will be good for a while until there’s another fuck up ig. And these are my honest feelings for the current stuff.
Dec 9, 2021 3:51 PM
Jun 2021
Yes realllllly stretched out and slow imo

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

261 by futurelemon »»
Apr 15, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

193 by RicFie »»
Apr 13, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Favorite SAO couple? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 17, 10:24 AM

» why do people like alice? ( 1 2 )

JoshMan - Oct 23, 2019

72 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 5, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2019

160 by dilaxd »»
Jan 17, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.