New
Pages (112) « First ... « 67 68 [69] 70 71 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2009 3:01 PM

Jun 2007
Shirosaki said:
My first list design.
My list
I hope not too bad :P
The bright green doesn't really match the background imo.

?_? || Mo <3: squrrriles kidnapped her let's eat theree nuts || ♪♫♪
Sep 28, 2009 3:26 PM

Feb 2008
Shirosaki said:
My first list design.
My list
I like it, it's cool. A little retro, but cool.
Sep 28, 2009 3:41 PM

Mar 2009
Shirosaki said:
My first list design.
My list

Better than most beginners. You even got the corners round the first time. :)

@crystal_yuy

That's pretty good. I really like the comic book style. It's the first list that ever made me think about watching hitman reborn. I still won't because it's just too long of a series, but I like your design :P
Oct 2, 2009 8:56 PM

Jul 2007
Man, everybody's getting all advanced with their lists. I can't keep up, so here's a simple new theme I've just made.

Devil, your manga list is WICKED awesome.

oh, these little earthquakes
Oct 3, 2009 2:54 AM

Jan 2009
I only had a quick look around but i couldnt find an answer. How come i can only see these custom lists in IE but not with firefox?
Oct 3, 2009 4:56 AM

Aug 2008
KritikalMotion said:
I only had a quick look around but i couldnt find an answer. How come i can only see these custom lists in IE but not with firefox?

Go to Edit My Profile>My List Settings>In the default settings, make sure the Style Overide is Unchecked>Then update settings.
Oct 3, 2009 5:17 AM

Jan 2009
Ahhh cheers. Didn't expect it to be an option, don't know when i ticked that -_-
Oct 3, 2009 8:12 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
NETRiP26 said:
Who has widescreen monitors please tell me how my anime list background looks. Thank you.

Yep, looks fine. The one screen I got my Firefox maximized on is a little wider than the wallpaper but only by a few pixels. Rest looks perfect, great job.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 3, 2009 9:30 AM

Mar 2009
NETRiP26 said:
Who has widescreen monitors please tell me how my anime list background looks. Thank you.

Wow, that's a very nice looking list. Good job.
Oct 3, 2009 9:37 AM
Sep 2009
Well I'm currently working on one, is there anyone who could help me?

Oct 3, 2009 10:17 AM

Mar 2009
First state your problem and we'll see if anyone can help you :D
Oct 3, 2009 10:36 AM
Sep 2009
There is no problem to be stated, I've stated on behalf of the title I'm working on a list design who wants to help me.
I really love this list design.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/houmei
The pink its quite eye pleasing, and the columns are pretty cool, well better than the default at least. Think you could help me with making one like this? http://myanimelist.net/animelist/houmei
It would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not quite good with CSS, I'm a programmer those are markup languages.
I hope I made it quite clear.

Can someone give me a really cool picture or something I'll use it as my list background.

Oct 3, 2009 10:51 AM
Apr 2009
Ranivus has a very good tutorial on how to make a list design: http://myanimelist.net/blog/Ranivus
Oct 3, 2009 11:02 AM
Sep 2009
Well could you give me a nice background image for my list? Anyone?

Oct 3, 2009 11:05 AM

Mar 2009
Although they don't have a specific thread for it, you may be able to find someone willing to donate their time to making you a list design here: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=8947

They make custom signatures, profile pictures, and avatars. You will probably want to have made at least 50 posts before requesting anything there though.
Oct 3, 2009 11:15 AM
Sep 2009
50 posts? I'm not a spammer, that's quite impossible.

Oct 4, 2009 12:45 AM

Oct 2008
Hey... I see many fascinating list designs...
I want to make one that has a picture that does not have multiple images and a background that is fixed...
problem is I don't know how....
this is the url to my list... you'll see what i mean...
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/OriginGenesis

Oct 4, 2009 2:48 AM

Apr 2009
I decided it's time to change my list design again, and this is what I came up with. Could I please get some feedback on how it looks? Thanks ^^;

Oct 4, 2009 3:57 AM

Oct 2008
I'm hoping this is the right place to ask this. Basically I want to have something on top of my list. I want the image fixed as well.

Maybe the image will help explain it. Thanks for the help!

Oct 4, 2009 6:58 AM

Jul 2007
OriginGenesis said:
Hey... I see many fascinating list designs...
I want to make one that has a picture that does not have multiple images and a background that is fixed...
problem is I don't know how....
this is the url to my list... you'll see what i mean...
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/OriginGenesis

@ furizaa - I really like the color scheme and the background image! I think you could tie everything more together if the rows in the list had some color, even if it was just some partially transparent grey or some such.

oh, these little earthquakes
Oct 4, 2009 9:30 AM

Mar 2009
furizaa said:
I decided it's time to change my list design again, and this is what I came up with. Could I please get some feedback on how it looks? Thanks ^^;

I can see the render of your background image is cutoff on the right side while the rest of the background continues to run on. Anybody with a higher resolution than 1280x1024 will see it that way. You should move the background render all the way to the edge of the image file and use CSS to align the background to the right so that it will always show the image instead of trying to align the image to your list within photoshop.

lee3319 said:
I'm hoping this is the right place to ask this. Basically I want to have something on top of my list. I want the image fixed as well.

I think you mean you want something overlaying one element on top of another. In order to do that most people choose to hijack the grandtotals div because you'll be going agains the rules using the copyright div, it seems to make the most sense. In order to do that you need to set it's position property to either absolute or fixed and you also have to change it's z-index. Also you can set the font-size property to zero so that the text doesn't show. I myself haven't done this, but I'm pretty sure this is how it works.
Oct 4, 2009 9:59 AM

Oct 2008
mal_0702 said:
furizaa said:

I can see the render of your background image is cutoff on the right side while the rest of the background continues to run on. Anybody with a higher resolution than 1280x1024 will see it that way. You should move the background render all the way to the edge of the image file and use CSS to align the background to the right so that it will always show the image instead of trying to align the image to your list within photoshop.

lee3319 said:

I think you mean you want something overlaying one element on top of another. In order to do that most people choose to hijack the grandtotals div because you'll be going agains the rules using the copyright div, it seems to make the most sense. In order to do that you need to set it's position property to either absolute or fixed and you also have to change it's z-index. Also you can set the font-size property to zero so that the text doesn't show. I myself haven't done this, but I'm pretty sure this is how it works.

Thanks I'll give that ago and see if it works later.
Oct 4, 2009 10:12 AM
Jul 2018
Lol, been a member for more than a year and I've just found out this thread exists xD
Good timing too. I've just changed my animelist design a wee while ago. The background I used is somewhat NSFW and I'm afraid some mod will ask me to get rid of it ;_; Should I change it?
Oct 4, 2009 10:17 AM

May 2009
Hakusei said:
Lol, been a member for more than a year and I've just found out this thread exists xD
Good timing too. I've just changed my animelist design a wee while ago. The background I used is somewhat NSFW and I'm afraid some mod will ask me to get rid of it ;_; Should I change it?

I think it should be fine. Although its nudity, you can't see any 'bits'.

Looks great, by the way.
Oct 4, 2009 10:21 AM
Jul 2018
Nitre said:
Hakusei said:

I think it should be fine. Although its nudity, you can't see any 'bits'.

Looks great, by the way.

Now that's a relief. Thanks :D
Oct 4, 2009 10:28 AM

Mar 2009
yeah it looks rather nice. good job. :)
Oct 4, 2009 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
Thankies
Oct 4, 2009 10:48 AM

Oct 2006
aye, looks good Hakusei. I'd consider making the body background color a light purple though for people with large resolutions.
also, I like your choice for sig/avy image as well :D

@lee3319: yeah, several people such as Iri, Devil, and myself do it as mal_0702 said. you can check our source codes for tips. to make links still clickable however, it might be necessary to have them on top of the overlaying image.
scorpedoOct 4, 2009 10:59 AM
Oct 4, 2009 10:59 AM
Jul 2018
Changed. I think this shade of purple is good enough. And dammit, your sig is animated! Larger too.
Oct 4, 2009 11:34 AM

Aug 2008
@Hakusei-like the list...very well done :D
Oct 4, 2009 12:09 PM

Apr 2007
Some really excellent designs over the last few pages. Saying yours is easy on the eyes would be an understatement, Hakusei. ;) Really like yours as well, NETRiP26 -- extremely well-planned. And Anomalous, anything that combines 80s josei and astronomy has to be great as well.

@lee3319: As nicely stated above, it is possible, but it takes a bit of planning beforehand as to what type of overlay you want and how you want it positioned, because if it's a true overlay that completely covers all, the links in that zone can become unclickable. This is something to consider, because even if you leave a functional "zone of clickability" (there's my next band name, BTW), you have to figure how big that zone will be on smaller resolutions, etc. There are also a few tricks like picking appropriate font colors which can assist in this.

Finally got around to updating my anime list with my first headphone girl, which had been a longstanding goal, and the manga list with my favorite little emo part of Chobits. :D
Oct 4, 2009 1:10 PM

Feb 2008
Iri wins.

Hakusei: Great BG ;) Coincidentally, I have the original version but I approve of your color changes, nice job.
Oct 4, 2009 1:43 PM

Oct 2007
@Hakusei: Bakemonogatari fan is everywhere now. Good job on your list, it looks really nice.

@Iri: Next time I need to be prepared a lot of more than I am doing right now or else I won't be survived my own heart attack when I open your list, Iri.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 4, 2009 2:28 PM

Oct 2008
@scorpedo, @Iri

I've decided to drop the tabs on my list anyway. I started having a go, but had a problem at the beginning but it seems to be getting on okay now. Thanks for the help and advice.
Oct 4, 2009 8:14 PM
Jul 2018
Thanks guys. Bakemonogatari ftw.
Oct 5, 2009 10:30 AM

Oct 2006
Great list designs Iri. I forgot about that part of Chobits. and the anime list design looks great. The overlaying transparent gradient with headphone girl has the list fade in very nicely. Great design overall. I'll make sure to support my local headphone girl.
Oct 7, 2009 9:35 AM

Jan 2009
Wow Hakusei, that's one awesome design o-O

I recently made my first design on the list...Uh....It looks weird, but I guess it'll do for the first time.
Oct 10, 2009 6:27 PM

Jan 2008
sugoi..

Oct 11, 2009 6:12 PM

Feb 2008
My first design .
What do you guys think?

Oct 12, 2009 1:26 AM

May 2009
Mada said:
My first design .
What do you guys think?

I think it would be ok if you sorted out the transparency issues.
Oct 13, 2009 4:29 PM

Jan 2009
Updated mine, not good when it comes to the coding thing so this is all done with point and click options ^_^

Anyways still trying to get the transparency down, but other then that what do you guys think?

My List
Oct 14, 2009 11:33 AM

Mar 2008
Some awesome lists as usual in this thread!

Finally finished Spice & Wolf II, so I decided to make a list to "celebrate" : )

It's only my 3rd list, and coincidentally my 3rd time using CSS, so I guess It's quite simple. That's why I'll gladly listen to any advices or opinions you guys can give me!

Also, I'd like to know if it's possible to place the header (usually "One's animelist") so it doesn't move with the list. I tried some different positioning, but everytimes it was stuck on top of the list; even with fixed positioning which actually made the whole list not to move D:
I had to cheat and put it directly on the wallpaper here, but it'd be cool if it could be done another way. Anyone has tips?
Oct 14, 2009 12:09 PM

Jul 2009
awesome list dust 2 dust
Oct 14, 2009 1:52 PM

Feb 2008
@Dust2Dust: Beautiful list but you failed on the CSS; the list itself is placed outside of the browser frame. I'm guessing you have a widescreen monitor, 1680 width or something? In any case, add this before #list_surround and it should fix your list so that everybody can enjoy it properly. You can change the margin-right to suit your needs.
Oct 14, 2009 3:11 PM

Apr 2009
Thanks to my awful internet connection, I finished my second anime- and manga list in CSS a lot later than I expected. It may take a long time to change it, because of my internet but I would greatly appretiate any advice.
Oct 14, 2009 3:45 PM
Apr 2009
kuroshiroi said:
@Dust2Dust: Beautiful list but you failed on the CSS; the list itself is placed outside of the browser frame. I'm guessing you have a widescreen monitor, 1680 width or something? In any case, add this before #list_surround and it should fix your list so that everybody can enjoy it properly. You can change the margin-right to suit your needs.

That happened when I viewed it too. And when you scroll all the way to the right, the list is still covering the two characters. Did you mean to place it to the left where there's empty space? Other than that it's great. I like the table headers and the colors.
Oct 14, 2009 4:43 PM

Mar 2008
Many thanks kuroshiroi, I didn't know that trick at all. I'm in 1680p indeed and it was fine for me ^^
It should be ok for eveyone now I hope.

@Yves: The list is supposed to be on the right of Horo, where there's space too, so it doesn't cover Nora and her sheeps. It looks like that to me
tsuDOct 14, 2009 5:24 PM
Oct 14, 2009 5:28 PM
Apr 2009
Ah. Okay. That looks good. The problem is that, for me, The entire portion to the right of Horo is cut off, so your list is sitting right on top of the two of them. And my screen is too small for me to see the sheeps on the left. xD

I'm assuming that your background is set to top-left. (I tried looking at the Source, but it froze on me xD) Try switching it to top right and see if that affects the way your list looks on your computer. I think that your list should look the same on your computer, but on smaller screens like mine, I'll be able to see the right portion and the list won't be covering the characters.
Oct 14, 2009 5:35 PM

Oct 2008
@Dust2Dust: I like the background and your tag comments ^^

Repeating what everyone has said before me, if you switch the position of where your list is anchored then people with smaller screens will be able to see the right part of the background.

KokoroChan: Nobody will beat our SuperAwesomeAsianNinjaSkillzzz (S.A.A.N.S.)!!!!!! l P h o t o s h o p G a l l e r y l
Oct 15, 2009 1:09 AM

Mar 2008
I changed the background to top right. I hope it looks better for you guys. If still not good, then I might eventually place the list on the left of the background, so maybe it won't cover the characters for people with smaller screens.

Anyways, thanks for comments and advices! Much appreciated.
Pages (112) « First ... « 67 68 [69] 70 71 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» English essay

Jeycopp - Feb 3, 2015

12 by JeanParcks »»
6 hours ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

362 by nin-tendo »»
Yesterday, 11:56 AM

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Yesterday, 6:15 AM

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - Apr 24

4 by Kinspie13 »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
Apr 24, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.