Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 15, 2021 6:23 AM
Jul 2018
I've watched ALMOST every Anime produced by SHAFT

Their ability to create a subtle atmosphere for every scene is really exemplary.
They can perfectly adapt Berserk and keep the atmosphere very dark and gritty.

What do you think?

Edit: First of all Madhouse is dead
Wit and MAPPA CGI is worse than garbage I don't want another
butchered adaptation. So SHAFT was the only good candidate
here
removed-userOct 15, 2021 9:44 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 15, 2021 6:31 AM
Jul 2019
Personally think the grittyness of beserk would be best adapted by Wit Studio.
Oct 15, 2021 6:36 AM
Aug 2020
nah, WIT and MadHouse is the best choice for berserk anime
Oct 15, 2021 6:37 AM
Jan 2021
kohakugaming said:
nah, WIT and MadHouse is the best choice for berserk anime

Absolutely agree my friend.
Oct 15, 2021 6:42 AM
Apr 2021
Wit (15 characters)
Oct 15, 2021 6:45 AM
Jul 2018
Lol Wit CGI is absolute GARBAGE

I don't want another shit Adaptation PLEASE
Oct 15, 2021 6:55 AM

May 2021
Berserk doesn't need an adaptation, its fine as it is. There's no studio that can actually adapt berserk in such a way that the manga feels equal to it.

Yes I consider even the 1997 adaptation to be bad.

Oct 15, 2021 6:56 AM
Jan 2020
Nah, they're style doesn't really fit with Berserk.

Wit is probably the best choice for this.
Oct 15, 2021 6:58 AM
Sep 2020
Well according to me Production I.G. studios will be the best. They have done Vinland Saga, NGE, Psycho Pass, Ghost in the shell and many more
Oct 15, 2021 7:02 AM
Jun 2020
I don't want berserk to get an anime adaption but if it does, it should be mappa, madhouse or wit. Shaft is good for slice of life, romance, psychological anime, not action, adventure like berserk.
Oct 15, 2021 7:03 AM

Sep 2014
Is this supposed to be a joke?

Shaft studio could be the worst studio for a Berserk adaptation. Shaft is too surreal and abstract for a series that wants to present a hopeless reality with a distressed tone like Berserk.
Oct 15, 2021 7:09 AM
May 2021
Shaft is known for it's unique animes but it is not possible for berserk to get a good adaptation .And i don't think berserk will get an another adaptation.
Milan-5Oct 15, 2021 7:15 AM
Oct 15, 2021 7:21 AM
Dec 2020
If mappa can pull of chainsaw man really good i would say mappa should do berserk
For now wit because their art have a historical touch to the anime
Oct 15, 2021 7:24 AM
Jul 2018
Shank_sri said:
I don't want berserk to get an anime adaption but if it does, it should be mappa, madhouse or wit. Shaft is good for slice of life, romance, psychological anime, not action, adventure like berserk.

Action Adventure
Lmao
Berserk's atmosphere is too dark and hopeless
It can be compared to Punpun
SHAFT can create the perfect atmosphere

Also LMAO you think Monogatari and March comes in like a lion are only Slice of Life 😂
Oct 15, 2021 7:24 AM
Jul 2018
darrenkbenn said:
Berserk doesn't need an adaptation, its fine as it is. There's no studio that can actually adapt berserk in such a way that the manga feels equal to it.

We'll see about that
One day when Berserk will get Adaptation
The entire Human Race will witness maybe even Aliens will land on that day.
Oct 15, 2021 7:35 AM
Feb 2020
I don’t think Shaft would fit Berserk, but who knows, Shaft is always surprising us. It would be very interesting seeing a Berserk adaptation by Shaft.
Oct 15, 2021 8:07 AM

May 2021
WIT would do a pretty good job, like they did with Vinland Saga
Oct 15, 2021 8:14 AM

Jun 2021
Aerosmith224 said:

Their ability to create a subtle atmosphere for every scene is really exemplary.

What do you think?
*Points at Kizumonogatari Movie Trilogy*
It's possible.

"JUST DO IT!!!"
- GINTOKI SAKATA (GIN TAMA)
"Chimera Ant Arc Is The Greatest, Yet The Most Controversial Shonen Arc Of All Time."
- Isaac Netero (or Meruem)

"Who Can Beat Goku? Goku Black Can't. Not Even Xeno Goku, But Goku Drip Can."
- An Average Goku Fan

"GOOD, GOOD, GOOD, GOOD, GOOOOOOOOOOD VIBRATIONS!"
- Pegasus

Oct 15, 2021 9:06 AM
Jul 2018
No their talent would be wasted on mediocre and bad stuff like Berserk.
Oct 15, 2021 9:11 AM
Jul 2018
DamonElix said:

IDK whether you're sarcastic or serious
But this is probably the first time someone has dared to say this statement
Oct 15, 2021 9:13 AM

Mar 2015
Yes I want to see Guts do the shaft head tilt
Oct 15, 2021 9:14 AM

May 2021
DamonElix said:

Look I respect opinions and all, but reading your reply just one thing comes to my mind that is "This guy's retarded."

Oct 15, 2021 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
Aerosmith224 said:
DamonElix said:

"Dared" lol. And no I am serious. I watched the 1997 show and it was awful. So were the Golden Age movie triology and the 2016/17 show. There was absolutely nothing good about it I have no idea why people are all over it.
Oct 15, 2021 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
darrenkbenn said:
DamonElix said:

Look I respect opinions and all, but reading your reply just one thing comes to my mind that is "This guy's retarded."

Because I don't like your favorite anime lol? *sigh* 12 year olds these days using the internet can't even understand basic human concepts that people have different opinions. Smh.
Oct 15, 2021 9:16 AM
Jul 2018
DamonElix said:
Aerosmith224 said:

"Dared" lol. And no I am serious. I watched the 1997 show and it was awful. So were the Golden Age movie triology and the 2016/17 show. There was absolutely nothing good about it I have no idea why people are all over it.

Well the Manga is highest rated and critically and universally acclaimed
It's shitty Adaptations are just crime against humanity.
Oct 15, 2021 9:19 AM
Mar 2019
Aerosmith224 said:

What do you think?

P.S this is long.(I haven't read the manga so please take my opinion with a grain of salt.)I think looking at what each Company does and what areas they excel in really matter.
Shaft is a popular choice for sad scenes and really REALLY hit home moments.Berserk
has so many of these scenes that at first it seems a perfect fit however,the detail that goes into Kentaro Miura's Artwork and on every single page might be too much to handle.Shaft is really good at using abstract creativity but Berserk from what i seen shows you with no abstracrtion or anything but in its purest rawest form.
So if not shaft theres a few come to mind.
Obvious choices:
WIT,Madhouse
These two studios have proven time and time again with their detail on backgrounds,direction,action and everything else on why they are the best animators in the business.
WIT's use of lighting,design and detail in literally almost everything is fantastic.Attack On Titan Vivy's Fluorite Eyes song and Vinland Saga ESPECIALLY have proven that they are the most gifted studio out there.Yeah they dont have the best CGI usage but their animation is too Good honestly at times.Madhouse is a great studio and the shows they pick are mostly dark and gritty and their artstyles can fit Berserk to a tea and they are a large company so this seems good for them to tackle on.
Less Obvious but good enough choices:
MAPPA,WhiteFox
Mappa will nail Action scenes and give them the visual eye candy treatment for sure no question about it.Jujutsu Kaisen proved that Shonen and horror can go really well and the use of horror in berserk is really important so they are a good option too.WhiteFox is an underrated choice but the stories they pick are stories that show fantastic character growth and visuals and lore heavy worlds.On that note yeah it could work.
Suprise Studio:Studio Orange
This sounds crazy at first but Studio Ornage actually could work.They have proven with Land of the Lustrous and Beastars that they are the kings of using CGI in anime.
Berserk's Amount of Detail is so dang much that doing it in CGI would make it easier for the animators to have a consistent animation quality.Also considering the amount of monsters,designs,and how freaking many there are,CGI will seem like a logical choice in my eyes.
Again sorry this is long but thats my picks!
Oct 15, 2021 9:28 AM

May 2021

DamonElix said:
darrenkbenn said:

Because I don't like your favorite anime lol? *sigh* 12 year olds these days using the internet can't even understand basic human concepts that people have different opinions. Smh.

Unless you give actual arguments to why you think it was mediocre I can't respect your opinion.

DamonElix said:

You haven't even read the manga, THE THING WHICH THE SERIES IS KNOWN FOR.
Honestly why would you even watch the 2016/17 adaptations did no one tell you that how the berserk 2016/17 are renowned for being absolutely horseshit.

No adaptation does the manga justice. Berserk adaptations and manga have a heaven to earth difference.

Oct 15, 2021 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
Aerosmith224 said:
DamonElix said:

Is this a manga post though? This is an anime post. I have no idea how having "critically acclaimed" manga counters the fact that the anime is garbage? You're making a post on an anime page about an anime studio...

There are many people like me who never read manga or just don't like reading in general, or simply do not have the time to. Having a manga doesn't make up for anything for people like us.
Oct 15, 2021 9:36 AM
Jul 2018
darrenkbenn said:

DamonElix said:

Unless you give actual arguments to why you think it was mediocre I can't respect your opinion.

DamonElix said:

Honestly why would you even watch the 2016/17 adaptations did no one tell you that how the berserk 2016/17 are renowned for being absolutely horseshit.

No adaptation does the manga justice. Berserk adaptations and manga have a heaven to earth difference.

And why would I read the manga? I don't care about reading stills. I like animation and voice acting, sound, music. I don't like reading manga. And I don't care if its good or bad. All I know and care about is that the anime was basically one of the worst I have ever watched. I gave it 1/10.

This is not a manga post, this is an anime post on an anime page about an anime studio. Why are you shoving manga in the face of people anyway?
Oct 15, 2021 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
DamonElix said:
darrenkbenn said:

And why would I read the manga? I don't care about reading stills. I like animation and voice acting, sound, music. I don't like reading manga. And I don't care if its good or bad. All I know and care about is that the anime was basically one of the worst I have ever watched. I gave it 1/10.

This is not a manga post, this is an anime post on an anime page about an anime studio. Why are you shoving manga in the face of people anyway?

Calm down

We are just discussing if a Studio can properly adapt a Manga

If Manga isn't the source material
HTF would Anime even FKIN EXIST
Oct 15, 2021 9:40 AM
Jan 2021
Aerosmith224 said:

I guess he means they should make an adaptation whose story starts from scratch and a 2d adaptation . Non-cgi parts of AOT looked so good .
Oct 15, 2021 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
AliasterB2003 said:
Aerosmith224 said:

What do you think?

P.S this is long.(I haven't read the manga so please take my opinion with a grain of salt.)I think looking at what each Company does and what areas they excel in really matter.
Shaft is a popular choice for sad scenes and really REALLY hit home moments.Berserk
has so many of these scenes that at first it seems a perfect fit however,the detail that goes into Kentaro Miura's Artwork and on every single page might be too much to handle.Shaft is really good at using abstract creativity but Berserk from what i seen shows you with no abstracrtion or anything but in its purest rawest form.
Obvious choices:
WIT,Madhouse
These two studios have proven time and time again with their detail on backgrounds,direction,action and everything else on why they are the best animators in the business.
WIT's use of lighting,design and detail in literally almost everything is fantastic.Attack On Titan Vivy's Fluorite Eyes song and Vinland Saga ESPECIALLY have proven that they are the most gifted studio out there.Yeah they dont have the best CGI usage but their animation is too Good honestly at times.Madhouse is a great studio and the shows they pick are mostly dark and gritty and their artstyles can fit Berserk to a tea and they are a large company so this seems good for them to tackle on.
MAPPA,WhiteFox
Mappa will nail Action scenes and give them the visual eye candy treatment for sure no question about it.Jujutsu Kaisen proved that Shonen and horror can go really well and the use of horror in berserk is really important so they are a good option too.WhiteFox is an underrated choice but the stories they pick are stories that show fantastic character growth and visuals and lore heavy worlds.On that note yeah it could work.
This sounds crazy at first but Studio Ornage actually could work.They have proven with Land of the Lustrous and Beastars that they are the kings of using CGI in anime.
Berserk's Amount of Detail is so dang much that doing it in CGI would make it easier for the animators to have a consistent animation quality.Also considering the amount of monsters,designs,and how freaking many there are,CGI will seem like a logical choice in my eyes.

First of all
Madhouse is 💀💀
Wit has Garbage CGI even Vinland Saga had lot of shitty CGI scenes
Orange is great but there's Artstyle problem

I chose Shaft because some guy once told me that SHAFT can easily animate Oyasumi Punpun, so why not Berserk?
The atmosphere is too perfect.
Only SHAFT can create a dark atmosphere
Wit is only good for BADASSERY not HORROR
Oct 15, 2021 9:45 AM
Jan 2021
darrenkbenn said:

Yeah they trimmed a lot of stuff and ruined the black swordsman arc , but the final episode looked really good , so it is possible.
Oct 15, 2021 9:49 AM
Mar 2019
Aerosmith224 said:
AliasterB2003 said:

Obvious choices:
WIT,Madhouse
MAPPA,WhiteFox

First of all
Madhouse is 💀💀
Wit has Garbage CGI even Vinland Saga had lot of shitty CGI scenes
Orange is great but there's Artstyle problem

I chose Shaft because some guy once told me that SHAFT can easily animate Oyasumi Punpun, so why not Berserk?
The atmosphere is too perfect.
Only SHAFT can create a dark atmosphere
Wit is only good for BADASSERY not HORROR

If Shaft ever Adapts Oyasumi Punpun(and they should,its literally perfect for them),then yes automatically they can achieve the impossible by adapting Berserk and doing it right.
I ve watched the monogatari series and March comes in like a lion and the way they are able to convey so much through visuals and abstraction is an achievement many studios cant acheive.
Shaft is fantastic as well but if they are able to Adapt Oyasumi Pun pun,which already has such a realistic and beautiful artstyle,then yes they definitely can do Berserk as well.
The alternate studios are good options but the flaws you've pointed out are right on.
Shaft indeed is the best candidate imo.
Oct 15, 2021 11:02 AM

Aug 2013
Did this man just say Madhouse is dead lmao
Oct 15, 2021 11:33 AM
May 2021
DamonElix said:
DamonElix said:
Aerosmith224 said:

DamonElix said:
Aerosmith224 said:

Is this a manga post though? This is an anime post. I have no idea how having "critically acclaimed" manga counters the fact that the anime is garbage? You're making a post on an anime page about an anime studio...

There are many people like me who never read manga or just don't like reading in general, or simply do not have the time to. Having a manga doesn't make up for anything for people like us.
"you're making a post on an anime page about an anime studio"yeah people here are discussing if shaft can animate the berserk manga that's why he choose an anime which done by shaft so that people can discuss if shaft is good for berserk manga ."No their talent would be wasted on a mediocre bad stuff like berserk" here you haven't mention that you are taking about the anime that's why people are triggered.You are judging berserk by the anime adaptation which is garbage everyone knows about that and people love berserk manga not anime(And here no one was defending about the anime they are defending the manga).I get it what you wanna say that "this is anime post why manga discussion etc" But if people wanna discuss about anime studio then obviously they will choose an anime discussion as very less people are active in the manga forum.No one is forcing you to read the manga but i don't think you should judge berserk by the shitty anime adaptation.

If you have read the comment i have written above,I think all your misunderstanding should be clear by now.
Oct 15, 2021 11:52 AM

Sep 2020
DamonElix said:
Aerosmith224 said:

Well, this is a post for which studio should animate the show and they will use the manga as source material so it's pretty obvious to bring it up in discussion. The reason it was so bad in the anime is because they were poor adaptations, and we're discussing which studio could adapt the manga into an anime at its full potential.
Oct 15, 2021 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
NoBoDY-5 said:
DamonElix said:
DamonElix said:

DamonElix said:

"you're making a post on an anime page about an anime studio"yeah people here are discussing if shaft can animate the berserk manga that's why he choose an anime which done by shaft so that people can discuss if shaft is good for berserk manga ."No their talent would be wasted on a mediocre bad stuff like berserk" here you haven't mention that you are taking about the anime that's why people are triggered.You are judging berserk by the anime adaptation which is garbage everyone knows about that and people love berserk manga not anime(And here no one was defending about the anime they are defending the manga).I get it what you wanna say that "this is anime post why manga discussion etc" But if people wanna discuss about anime studio then obviously they will choose an anime discussion as very less people are active in the manga forum.No one is forcing you to read the manga but i don't think you should judge berserk by the shitty anime adaptation.

If you have read the comment i have written above,I think all your misunderstanding should be clear by now.

I see. Well if people are enjoying manga then thats great I'm happy for you guys. I personally don't find reading intuitive.

As for what I have seen of Berserk at least in the anime, it has a gritty and supernatural kind of vibe to it and since Shaft has done Madoka Magica and Monogatari which give somewhat similar vibes maybe they can do it.

But Shaft is an Aniplex funded studio with almost all producers from Aniplex so I don't think it will ever happen since Shueisha owns Berkserk rights.
Oct 15, 2021 1:02 PM
Nov 2020
Ufotable/WIT/Madhouse
Oct 15, 2021 2:55 PM
Dec 2020
Let’s make this shit happen lmao
Oct 15, 2021 3:04 PM
Dec 2020
Hrybami said:

Shaft studio could be the worst studio for a Berserk adaptation. Shaft is too surreal and abstract for a series that wants to present a hopeless reality with a distressed tone like Berserk.
if you saw the work they did with Madoka magica and monogatari they most definitely will nail the atmosphere of berserk the only problem would be artstyle
Oct 15, 2021 4:35 PM

Sep 2014
Sapologue said:
Hrybami said:

if you saw the work they did with Madoka magica and monogatari they most definitely will nail the atmosphere of berserk the only problem would be artstyle

How is the atmosphere of Madoka and wishy-washygatari similar to Berserk? It's psychedelic/surrealistic kind of atmosphere compared to distressed dark fantasy.
Oct 15, 2021 9:38 PM
Jun 2021
Aerosmith224 said:

What do you think?

here
You're absolutely right,I don't think any one of those who said Wit or Mappa are better choices for Berserk understand the greatness of Studio Shaft at shifting the tones pretty quickly thanks to their brilliant use of colors
Oct 15, 2021 9:46 PM
Jul 2018
Yasserox said:
Aerosmith224 said:

What do you think?

here
You're absolutely right,I don't think any one of those who said Wit or Mappa are better choices for Berserk understand the greatness of Studio Shaft at shifting the tones pretty quickly thanks to their brilliant use of colors

People who are saying NO, probably didn't understand the core themes of Madoka Magica or didn't pay enough attention.
Oct 16, 2021 8:38 PM
Jun 2020
darrenkbenn said:

not related to the topic but what anime that gif in your comment from?
Oct 16, 2021 8:58 PM

May 2021
yellfus said:
not related to the topic but what anime that gif in your comment from?

Its ergo proxy [15 character]

Oct 16, 2021 11:19 PM
Dec 2020
I am not in favour for shaft, studio shaft is good with giving life to dialogue and making pretty scenery, but i never got the "berserk would look good in the shaft style" feel before(and that's saying something cause I've seen all of monogatari, nisekoi and fate/Extra).

Shaft's style is just too unique.
Oct 16, 2021 11:20 PM
Dec 2020
Aerosmith224 said:

What do you think?

here
you're being extremely unfair given how well mappa did jujutsu kaisen
Oct 16, 2021 11:22 PM

Mar 2020
Hrybami said:

This the only series so far i want sharft to adapt is something like Umineko
Berserk is within Wits realm of things
Oct 16, 2021 11:57 PM
Jul 2018
Aerosmith224 said:

you know things improve right?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

510 by deem0n »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

26 by gauravb28 »»
Apr 23, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

518 by wimpis »»
Apr 21, 6:15 AM

» Renai Circulation ost

DexterDrubo - Apr 19

5 by hsayal »»
Apr 21, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 17, 2009

357 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 19, 7:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.