Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 12, 2021 9:11 AM
Oct 2020
I’m only on episode 247 but this man really chose a ship over his own friends. Unreal how much of a dick you have to be to do that
Oct 12, 2021 9:20 AM
Jul 2020
Oi oi don’t disrespect God Usopp like that. Just keep watching
Oct 12, 2021 9:25 AM
Feb 2021
Bro don't disrespect a god,for that episode ship was everything for him at that time, his character is really nice may Beyou don't understand him so don't talk shit about someone. who is God in one piece universe
Oct 12, 2021 9:25 AM
Nov 2020
What are you talking about? He is the great warrior of sea God d. Ussop. He can do 1v2 with WhiteBeard and Roger and still win.
Oct 12, 2021 9:26 AM
Mar 2021
aye complete the arc
interesting part awaits you
don't say mah god usopp like that
:')
Oct 12, 2021 9:28 AM
Jan 2021
U must understand how importantthe Going Merry is for Usopp. It’s his last connection to his past. Also he didn’t just discard his friends, it pained him very very much to fight Luffy.
I guess you’ll also relate to his decision better by the end of Enies Lobby
Oct 12, 2021 9:32 AM
May 2021
Watch the rest. This arc will make you love usopp so much.
Oct 12, 2021 9:32 AM
Apr 2021
Mq84jdk said:
I’m only on episode 247 but this man really chose a ship over his own friends. Unreal how much of a dick you have to be to do that
just wait and see man, dont desrespect the god like that
Oct 12, 2021 9:35 AM
Feb 2019
We don’t disrespect god breaker ussop he’s the reason luffy is in check most of the time
Oct 12, 2021 9:36 AM

Dec 2020
Even I didn't understand why he was being like that.
Oct 12, 2021 9:39 AM
Jan 2021
Bro wanna throw hands cause you do not shit talk a god like that
Oct 12, 2021 9:41 AM

Nov 2016
TheFounder131 said:

He was the only one who saw the Klabautermann before W7.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 12, 2021 9:54 AM
Sep 2019
May God forgives you but I absolutely will not!!!
Oct 12, 2021 9:55 AM
Apr 2021
Mq84jdk said:

Bro dont worry Ussop sucksssssss he didnt get better for me. think what you want ignore these comments
Parasyte is My Favorite anime
Oct 12, 2021 9:57 AM
Jan 2021
Mq84jdk said:

Spoiler alert , he later realises that humans are worth more than some old stack of wood . Everyone hated Usopp during water 7 , but he's less annoying afterwards , also a better and new character named sogeking shows up , so that's something to enjoy .
Oct 12, 2021 9:59 AM
May 2020
FMmatron said:
TheFounder131 said:

that's right..it's kind like merry's soul and usopp only who saw her..the other members know about it when merry got sink
Oct 12, 2021 10:02 AM
Aug 2021
No he isnt. He’s completely justified in his reason for thinking that. Neither luffy nor usopp was in the wrong and thats why the whole conflict started. Usopp sees himself as the weakest link and that was the crews reasoning for getting rid of the merry, it wasnt good enough to sail with them anymore because it was broken beyond repair. If the crew thinks that way about the merry, why wouldnt they think the same about usopp? Or at least thats what he was thinking. He doesnt want to be abandoned just for being weak
Oct 12, 2021 10:15 AM

Dec 2020
FMmatron said:
TheFounder131 said:

and? Does seeing klabautermann justifies fighting with your captain and parting ways with your crewmates?
Oct 12, 2021 10:33 AM

Nov 2016
TheFounder131 said:
FMmatron said:

and? Does seeing klabautermann justifies fighting with your captain and parting ways with your crewmates?

He was wrong. Insecurities regarding his weakness got the better of him. But him seeing the Klaubatermann explains why his emotional investment was even stronger. He saw the Merry as a fully fledged crew mate, not just a ship.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 12, 2021 10:35 AM
Apr 2019
Usopp does not change :/
Oct 12, 2021 10:38 AM

May 2020
FMmatron said:
TheFounder131 said:

That is one reason, the way I saw it was that Usopp himself acknowledges the fact that he is very weak, and Merry is the only reason he is still a part of the crew.

In the same arc a couple of episodes ago Franky's men stole millions of berries from him and left him half dead, only to get avenged by the monster trio + Chopper. He was already feeling pretty down, having second doubts about whether he truly deserves to be with everyone else, and seeing how Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji were getting stronger every day he must have thought that going forward he will only hold them back.

Deep down he still wanted to be with everyone else, and the only way he thought he could, was if he keeps repairing Merry. But when Luffy said that they will get a new ship, he lost all hope, he thought that they are not just abandoning Merry they are abandoning him as well.

"I'd rather my heart stopped than lose what's most important to me.
Even when I'm old and my spine is bent...my soul's got to be straight." - Gintoki

Oct 12, 2021 10:49 AM

Nov 2016
@Mayora_oji13

Look at my post above.

But nice that you elaborated on it for everyone else. Was too lazy for that xD

Oct 12, 2021 10:57 AM

Dec 2020
Mayora_oji13 said:
FMmatron said:

That is one reason, the way I saw it was that Usopp himself acknowledges the fact that he is very weak, and Merry is the only reason he is still a part of the crew.

In the same arc a couple of episodes ago Franky's men stole millions of berries from him and left him half dead, only to get avenged by the monster trio + Chopper. He was already feeling pretty down, having second doubts about whether he truly deserves to be with everyone else, and seeing how Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji were getting stronger every day he must have thought that going forward he will only hold them back.

Deep down he still wanted to be with everyone else, and the only way he thought he could, was if he keeps repairing Merry. But when Luffy said that they will get a new ship, he lost all hope, he thought that they are not just abandoning Merry they are abandoning him as well.
on point, I was looking for this type of explaination.
Oct 12, 2021 11:44 AM
Mar 2021
Mq84jdk said:
Don't run your mouth like that dude 🥺 For Usopp, Merry's really important. And he was already down with the money stolen bcoz of him. Imagine all the arrows striking him one after the other. And so why wouldn't he think that he might also be discarded like Merry? If there is a chance to keep Merry going on, it is like a chance for him. Atleast that's what he thinks.
And he didn't choose to leave his friends. Usopp and Luffy were arguing so much that Luffy almost told Usopp to leave (Sanji stopped him though). Imagine when you are already so weak and thinking that you are a burden, and someone just confirms that when you want to be said otherwise. It was all on a whim dude. Luffy didn't mean to ask him to leave. Usopp never wanted to leave the crew.
He also tells later that he is aware of how Merry is beyond recovery. But as a human with emotions, it'll surely take sometime to accept it and let go of Merry (that's what I think).
I'm saying again that it was all on a whim. You'll see later how much he wishes to join them again.

If your opinion on Usopp never changes, I won't argue. But I definitely would like to know what you think of him after Enies Lobby arc 😅
FudomekiOct 12, 2021 11:51 AM
Oct 12, 2021 1:02 PM

Aug 2019
No, but he can be incredibly selfish and egotistical. Although he always comes through for the crew when it matters. Luffy's pretty selfish too, but he's way less prone to boasting.
Oct 12, 2021 1:34 PM
Feb 2021
tbh usopp was wrong in w7 thinking about the ship more than his crew but over all he isn’t a dick of a character
Oct 12, 2021 2:16 PM
Jul 2021
SorasKarma said:
We don’t disrespect god breaker ussop he’s the reason luffy is in check most of the time

No he’s definitely not, Zoro is the one that keeps luffy in check that’s what a right hand is supposed to do. Even in that arc Zoro checks luffy saying he’s got to fight Usopp
BinWatchinOct 12, 2021 2:23 PM
Oct 12, 2021 3:02 PM
Oct 2020
The ship also meant a lot more to him than everyone else. I think you’re failing to see/understand all of the underlying issues and subtext in this moment. He’s not actually he’s prefer a hunk of wood over his friends.
Oct 12, 2021 6:04 PM

Sep 2020
nah
he gets better after that ALTHOUGH I find his reasoning understandable
so no I dont think he's the biggest asshole not even close
Oct 12, 2021 6:46 PM

Dec 2020
Nah bro,i think you didn't see correctly before the fight episode.It was the miscommunication that turned into total breakdown.Happens every day in our world.

For your Information:

Oct 12, 2021 7:30 PM

Mar 2020
FunnyDioDojyan said:
Oi oi don’t disrespect God Usopp like that. Just keep watching
ur lucky Cha D. Ussop didn't hear u
Oct 12, 2021 7:44 PM

Nov 2018
Sogeki no shima de
Umareta ore wa
Hyaku patsu hyaku chyu
Lu lu la la lu
Nezumi no medama mo
Lock on!
Omae no haato mo
LOCK ON!
Sogeki no shima kara kita otoko
Lu lu lu lu lu la la
Sore nigero!
sogege soge soge
Sogekingu!
Oct 12, 2021 8:33 PM
Feb 2021
Mq84jdk said:
I know you're not slandering the great God Usopp like that🤬. Nah but Usopp has his own reason for doing what he did. A pirate's ship is his most prized possession even in real life. Even Luffy and Nami had a hard time leaving the ship but Usopp is the character most attached to the ship because it was given to them by Kaya and her butler. Not only that but Usopp has always been insecure about being weak and he thinks because they left the Merry for being a burden they might do the same to him eventually. The whole thing will come full circle eventually so you're opinion might change regardless Usopp is one of the best written characters in the show don't let it go over your head.
EckzWhyZeeOct 12, 2021 8:43 PM
Oct 12, 2021 8:54 PM
Feb 2021
Yes Usopp is a giant Asshole. I know that the Going Merry is significant to Usopp because it was gifted to him by a person dear to him ( It's been so long that I've forgotten her name when writing this post) but it wasn't an easy decision for Luffy to make either. I didn't like Usopp in the earlier episodes but seeing him at Water 7 made me hate him for a time.
Oct 12, 2021 8:55 PM
Sep 2021
I think you dont undestand ussop,i think he was correct on his own way,merry is a ship,she is also a nakama,so i dont this ussop was right at that moment,but he does realised little later what is,more correct.
Oct 12, 2021 8:56 PM
Feb 2021
sinmiloluwa04 said:
Mq84jdk said:
I know you're not slandering the great God Usopp like that🤬. Nah but Usopp has his own reason for doing what he did. A pirate's ship is his most prized possession even in real life. Even Luffy and Nami had a hard time leaving the ship but Usopp is the character most attached to the ship because it was given to them by Kaya and her butler. Not only that but Usopp has always been insecure about being weak and he thinks because they left the Merry for being a burden they might do the same to him eventually. The whole thing will come full circle eventually so you're opinion might change regardless Usopp is one of the best written characters in the show don't let it go over your head.
Leave her be. She's only on episode 247, let her go on the journey of loving Usopp. It's a journey that every One Piece fan should have. God Usopp will become her one true God in time.
Oct 12, 2021 8:58 PM
Jul 2021
May god rest ur sole for insulting our God ussop
Or may be not
Oct 12, 2021 8:58 PM
Feb 2021
sinmiloluwa04 said:
Mq84jdk said:
Usopp is a roller coaster of a Character. He does things that piss people off. But in time God Usopo shall be born and every One Piece fan shall pray to him. There was a time where I didn't like Usopp at all and it was around episode 247 as well. But now I'm a believer of God Usopp.
Oct 12, 2021 11:04 PM
Jan 2018
Damn this guy triggered a lot of people with one post. I love it.
Oct 13, 2021 7:22 AM
Sep 2021
The ship was really important to Usopp, and it probably felt like the crew were throwing away something that meant so much to him.
Oct 13, 2021 5:06 PM

Jan 2009
I don't blame you for feeling that way, but Usopp's internal struggle is more complicated than that, Usopp knows he's too weak and can't keep up with the rest of the Strawhats, the fact Luffy so casually told him they're getting a new ship because Merry can't keep up with their journey makes him afraid that he'll be left out the same way eventually.
Also you'll learn later on that there's more to his obsession with Merry, remember in Skypiea when they woke up and found that the ship fixed itself somehow? That's your hint.
Oct 13, 2021 5:18 PM

Jan 2021
I disagree.
He gets way better.
Oct 14, 2021 4:42 AM
Jun 2021
Chill the hell out dude
Oct 14, 2021 12:20 PM

Jan 2008
The Going Merry was like an extension to Usopps own worth in the crew. OP you completely missed that.
Oct 14, 2021 2:12 PM
Oct 2021
Don't judge him on the basis of just few EP or one arc

He is a loyal Crewmate Luffy will ever get

#GodUssop
Oct 14, 2021 7:31 PM
Nov 2007
I am almost current and Usopp is not an asshole, but he is the most useless one. He supposed to be the ultimate gag so to say. An example of someone who although useless, due to circumstances and their own boastfulness is remembered for great deeds. I think later one (after the skip) he gets tolerable, but that is as good as it gets. Usopp is the worst straw hat and that includes even the temp ones like Vivy and Carrot, but I think he has his place in the team and the universe.
Sep 3, 2023 9:40 AM
Mar 2021
Reply to VongolaDecimo25
What are you talking about? He is the great warrior of sea God d. Ussop. He can do 1v2 with WhiteBeard and Roger and still win.
@VongolaDecimo25 and a few vice admirals too! Don’t forget that

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1104 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 11

49 by MUGIWARA_0001 »»
38 seconds ago

Poll: » Will You-Know-Who come back?

GoatPieceLuffy - 41 minutes ago

2 by Rhae »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 398 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 26, 2009

97 by bakakisima »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 397 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 19, 2009

92 by bakakisima »»
51 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 396 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Somebody - Apr 12, 2009

197 by bakakisima »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.