Forums
New
Sep 3, 2021 5:58 AM
Sep 2018
Almost 100 Episodes? Or what do you think
Sep 3, 2021 6:00 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Theres no need to think about it since the possibility of Vagabond getting an Adaptation is really fcking low

smoochie smoochie

Sep 3, 2021 6:03 AM
Sep 2018
MonkeeDan said:
Theres no need to think about it since the possibility of Vagabond getting an Adaptation is really fcking low

Unfortunately I know. Just guessing
Sep 3, 2021 6:04 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
MH_R said:
MonkeeDan said:

Unfortunately I know. Just guessing
hard to tell, but i think 100 seems fair, around 3-4 chapters per ep seems doable considering the chapters are quite short sometimes.

smoochie smoochie

Sep 3, 2021 7:20 PM
Nov 2019
MonkeeDan said:

I haven't read this manga, I just randomly stumbled across it when I checked out the highest ranked stuff on this website, so I'm just curious, why is this manga so unlikely to be adapted? (spoiler-free if you can)
Sep 3, 2021 9:31 PM
Feb 2020
Corden_Human said:
MonkeeDan said:

I haven't read this manga, I just randomly stumbled across it when I checked out the highest ranked stuff on this website, so I'm just curious, why is this manga so unlikely to be adapted? (spoiler-free if you can)

the art is very highly detailed and also it basically doesn't have an ending
Sep 8, 2021 9:47 AM

May 2015
Corden_Human said:
MonkeeDan said:

Unsatisfied with the way the adaptation of Slam Dunk went, Takehiko Inoue was put off anime adaptations. I haven't watched the anime for Slam Dunk but apparently they wanted to change the ending (not sure if they did it in the end) and Inoue was firmly against it. His distrust of animation studios is the reason why none of his other work has adaptations besides Buzzer Beater.

His distrust, as well as his beautiful and detailed artstyle is why Vagabond will probably not get an adaptation while he is alive. It is far too detailed to ever do it justice. It's the same reason his other basketball manga - REAL - doesn't have an anime either. Look at Berserk. Besides the 1998 adaptation, everything else has failed to come close to doing the series artwork justice. Also, Vagabond isn't finished it's technically on hiatus. While many fans are satisified with the story, Inoue never got up to the historical fight between Musashi and Kojiro, so Inoue may come back and finish it some day. Until that day, the chances of it being animated are very very low - almost nonexistant.

I see a new Slam Dunk film is being made, and I can only assume Inoue has complete creative control over what happens and might serve as a reboot to fix the original anime.
Sep 8, 2021 12:56 PM

Aug 2018
It's more likely it would be films than episodes if it does get an adaptation (which it won't)
_______I like rocks__
Sep 13, 2021 8:29 PM

Jun 2020
I think it shouldn't be adapted into an anime in the first place. It basically cannot be adapted because of the way it is presented in manga form. There is no way an anime adaptation could do even the least bit of justice to the artwork.
HUNTER X HUNTER HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 327 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Interstice - May 24, 2015

105 by wafflegir »»
Apr 16, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 2 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jan 15, 2012

16 by Goongalar »»
Apr 13, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 59 Discussion

DeleteThisShit - Nov 28, 2013

13 by dantehasdantedme »»
Apr 12, 11:54 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 322 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Jan 19, 2014

37 by astoneon »»
Apr 11, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 315 Discussion

Raikoye - May 25, 2013

13 by astoneon »»
Apr 11, 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.