Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 6, 2021 12:34 PM
May 2021
I planned to watch it but then I noticed very low rating in it so that's why I'm asking why it has gained so much hatred?
Jul 6, 2021 12:43 PM
Jan 2021
It is the benchmark for generic isekai. People use this as an example of bad isekai; so that explains the hate n stuff.
Jul 6, 2021 12:55 PM

Oct 2019
Because is generic. Unimaginative.
Repeats formulas used and seen many times.
Uninteresting bland self insert MC, OP for no reason (Being OP is never the problem if the plot justifies the reasoning behind it with a compelling argument. That is not the case here); judging the Anime specifically, it’s low quality because art style is fine but animation is sloppy and regarding pacing everything feels rushed so story progression is not as fluent or organic as the author might have intended in the source material.
There you go, plethora of reasons why this gets a bad reputation.
This is not bad for being an Isekai per se, is bad because is poorly handled and executed.
Jul 6, 2021 12:57 PM
Feb 2021
Just straight up bad
Jul 6, 2021 1:01 PM
Aug 2019
Not every series will hit it big and to be blunt the majority will be average or lower in public opinion. But to those select few people that sees something different in their view.

There are a few moments in ICM that I saw attempts to make this series stand apart, especially in the Anastasia portion.

its easy to get spoiled by amazing wotks esp with the caliber of artists out now, but take it easy on the avarage guys. I guess i root for the the underdog alot, hell im still rooting for more Dropkick my Demon, talk about people overlooking quality. lol
Jul 6, 2021 1:02 PM
Apr 2021
I wouldnt say its hated its just not loved
Jul 6, 2021 1:08 PM
Aug 2020
Because it’s a average at best isekai
Jul 6, 2021 1:44 PM
Feb 2021
It is the prefect example of what not to do for isekai anime. Still it does not deserve all the hate it gets
Jul 6, 2021 2:32 PM
Nov 2019
It's so generic - the male mc is blandness personified, the art is only adequate and the plot is thin.

If they'd twisted it just a little and made the girl become the mc it could have been so much better.
Jul 6, 2021 2:40 PM

Dec 2018
Just based on the title, I knew it would be one of the most horrible isekai in existence
Stuff in the streets, Stuff with drip in the sheets
Jul 6, 2021 6:04 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Akif7 said:
I planned to watch it but then I noticed very low rating in it so that's why I'm asking why it has gained so much hatred?

Im_Stuff said:
Just based on the title, I knew it would be one of the most horrible isekai in existence

zaza1234 said:
It is the prefect example of what not to do for isekai anime. Still it does not deserve all the hate it gets

penrhos said:
It's so generic - the male mc is blandness personified, the art is only adequate and the plot is thin.

If they'd twisted it just a little and made the girl become the mc it could have been so much better.

Oremonogatari said:
It is the benchmark for generic isekai. People use this as an example of bad isekai; so that explains the hate n stuff.

Like the above said it's fairly middle of the road, with that said it's actually got some depth, the MC is forced to acknowledge the fact people die in this new world
, furthermore they actually talk about trying to get home and find out why they were brougth to that world in the first place.

The show in general has some scruples, the characters even have to do a little training montage which is something. If anything this show's biggest problem is it's production, sound design and OsT are middling, artstyle is fine and relatively fitting but the entirety of the animation is exceptionally bad.

So all told, if you like this genre for the ligth entertainment that it is, then you'll probably enjoy this as an above average show with a well below average production. I think it would of been something actually decent if handled differently but alas... Enjoy😅👍.
Jul 7, 2021 3:25 AM

May 2012
It is not bad in my opinion. Watch it and judge by yourself

Rating in MAL mean noting
Jul 7, 2021 3:35 AM

Jan 2021
you can see right from the title

“The first requirement of being a hero isn’t being right. It’s being strong. That’s why the hero always wins.” – Koyomi Araragi

Jul 7, 2021 3:58 AM
Jul 2018
Akif7 said:

Bro it's not that bad it's good.
Jul 7, 2021 4:33 AM
Nov 2019
It could be so much worse though - these two are far worse.

"Wise man's grandchild"

"High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even in Another World!"

But I'm pretty sure ICM will make you feel like you've wasted the time you invested in watching it.

I means you could watch "Cautious Hero: The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious" instead which is the same length, about someone being summoned and is actually good.
penrhosJul 7, 2021 4:38 AM
Jul 7, 2021 10:11 PM
Nov 2020
Akif7 said:

Who cares about the rating. You shouldn't let a low rating stop you from watching a show.

If I was controlled by ratings, then I would have never watched (and enjoyed) Magatsu Wahrheit, for example.
Jul 16, 2021 6:02 PM
Mar 2021
Akif7 said:
its completely void of emotion, soul and generic as heck like flavorless candy. No effort put into trying to make a good show.
Aug 23, 2021 8:05 AM

Jan 2020
It's overly generic and boring
Aug 27, 2021 2:49 PM

Oct 2012
You can already discern from the title alone why it sucks.

First of all, it starts with "Isekai". There´s a certain low expectation that gets attached to that word because of the flood of below average LN adaptations we´ve been getting for a few years now. Most often than not it will feature some schmuck getting killed and transported to another world, most of the time in a bland medieval fantasy setting. Said MC receives OP powers for no reason from the very start and gets a random assortment of girls attached top him. MC-kun has the standard self-insert anime nice guy "personality" (not the neckbeard variant) and the girls are walking stereotypes. World building and story take second priority only. The I-word is in a lot of cases an early alarm system to warn you of bad and uncreative writing.

Next up, "Cheat Magician". This is such an unecessary word combination, because most often than not these isekai flicks encompass an OP MC anyways. So it could literally refer to any other random isekai out there. This title could easily describe anime like "Kenja no Mago", "Overlord", "8th Son", "Death March" etc.

What I wanted to emphasize was that this anime is the epitome of generic isekai trash anime. I would agree with @penrhos that there are worse isekai anime out there. However, I can at least remember a few things about the anime he mentions. For ICM, I remember a bit from the very beginning and that they have some fight against a random army at the end or whatever. Even if you were to put a gun to my head, I couldn´t tell you the slightest thing about anything that happens in-between the anime. Nothing. And I think a show that leaves such little impact on me just has to be the contender for one of the worst isekai anime that are currently out there. And there is a lot of competition out there, believe me.
Sep 27, 2021 8:30 PM

Oct 2008
By those replies, you already can discern that people are a bunch of haters! They have a scale from 1 to 10 with definitions for each nr, but they just mess those up.
The problem is not that every person wants to speak their opinion, it's that every person nowadays wants to be known as a critic, and obviously that doesn't go well as you could see with many other animes. -.-

As for the anime... it's average, fine if you like isekais, average if you don't and if you don't why even watching it?? (wannabe critics, I tell you!). The problem was not the MC, or the plot, or the world, or the generic story. Each one of them are good in EVERY anime, so why aren't they "good" in this?
Because at some point you see it and you don't feel it. If I could put it in one word it would be "Emotions" or better the lack of Emotions. It's not that they aren't there, but they fail to make you feel those!

True to be told, this is JUST another isekai. That's pretty much it. It's not bad, and anyone that tells you that it's because they don't like anime at all (and they are a wannabe critics, so they only criticize, you can't take anything useful of what they said, ever). But it's still not good. But it is enjoyable, so I recommend it to watch it. Although it should have a little fan service, that could improve my enjoyment a little bit xD (let's face it, at some point the MC could just make a move... it was asking for it, even one of the characters said that, and he was a p*ssy!! Fanservice just force that to happens that's all.)
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Oct 15, 2021 3:36 PM
Mar 2016
Making a half-assed OP MC, he's op but he's weak.. a frustrating contradiction that ruined my enjoyment.
Nov 17, 2021 1:22 AM
Aug 2021
I hope there is a season 2
Jan 10, 2022 10:19 PM
Jan 2013
NekoMikoBismarck said:

First of all, it starts with "Isekai". There´s a certain low expectation that gets attached to that word because of the flood of below average LN adaptations we´ve been getting for a few years now. Most often than not it will feature some schmuck getting killed and transported to another world, most of the time in a bland medieval fantasy setting. Said MC receives OP powers for no reason from the very start and gets a random assortment of girls attached top him. MC-kun has the standard self-insert anime nice guy "personality" (not the neckbeard variant) and the girls are walking stereotypes. World building and story take second priority only. The I-word is in a lot of cases an early alarm system to warn you of bad and uncreative writing.

Next up, "Cheat Magician". This is such an unecessary word combination, because most often than not these isekai flicks encompass an OP MC anyways. So it could literally refer to any other random isekai out there. This title could easily describe anime like "Kenja no Mago", "Overlord", "8th Son", "Death March" etc.

What I wanted to emphasize was that this anime is the epitome of generic isekai trash anime. I would agree with @penrhos that there are worse isekai anime out there. However, I can at least remember a few things about the anime he mentions. For ICM, I remember a bit from the very beginning and that they have some fight against a random army at the end or whatever. Even if you were to put a gun to my head, I couldn´t tell you the slightest thing about anything that happens in-between the anime. Nothing. And I think a show that leaves such little impact on me just has to be the contender for one of the worst isekai anime that are currently out there. And there is a lot of competition out there, believe me.
You know damn well if you somebody had a gun to your head and told you to explain this anime you could, it's that generic. Also, I do agree with you and the person you mentioned, yes those are way worse but they're so bad they stick with you where as this is so generic it can be mixed up with several other titles
Jan 10, 2022 10:22 PM

Feb 2020
Because its bad and probably even the worst. Everything about it is straight up bad whether its production quality or storyline.

Some guy said Wise man's grandchild or High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even in Another World! are worse. But thats absolutely untrue. Both of them are much better this shit. Second one even has a lot of unique tropes even if done poorly. People are just blind, this is just bad (not even generic)

Are there worst isekei? Maybe something like Conception. But its still one of the worst isekai even if its not top worst
AdampkJan 10, 2022 10:34 PM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jan 10, 2022 10:27 PM
Jul 2018
Akif7 said:
better leave this for even you are really bored. You may like it if you are into isekai else better stay away.
Jan 14, 2022 11:48 AM

Oct 2012
cueynuts said:
NekoMikoBismarck said:

You know damn well if you somebody had a gun to your head and told you to explain this anime you could, it's that generic. Also, I do agree with you and the person you mentioned, yes those are way worse but they're so bad they stick with you where as this is so generic it can be mixed up with several other titles

And you know (or at least should know) that I was clearly speaking hyperbolically. Even without potential death at hand, of course I could tell you a thing or two about this anime, because it is so damn similar to other isekai trash anime.

I sort of agree with you and sort of don´t at the same time. ICM doesn´t cock up nearly as much as the other isekai anime mentioned. Choyoyu managed to make me lose any hope in it after like 2 mins as if it were trying to hit a new speedrun record and Kenja no Mago is just overall a waste of time. For some reason the latter gets some dedicated love for the „romance“ between the two main MCs who have the combined charisma and personality of half a brick. But ICM is just the epitome of generic isekai snore fests. So unimaginative, so unimpactful, just all the un-s you could imagine. I am not memeing here when I say I can´t remember anything that happened in the middle. I can remember generic anime that I watched like 15 years ago, but for some reason an anime released in 2019 almost completely escaped my memories.

Basically what I am saying, they are all bad in their own way and it very much is up to perspective on which one could be called worse than the others.
I will thank you, though, as you´ve inadvertently made me aware of a comment here that I definitely want to reply to as well. Not now though.
Feb 16, 2022 11:50 PM
May 2019
I almost missed this anime because I don't watch anything below 6.0. But I ran out of animes to watch and hence came back to it.

It's not as bad as the rating suggests, not great per se, but it's decent. Imo it's better than a lot of the 6.5s.
Feb 20, 2022 1:16 PM
Sep 2014
There are tons of isekai anime released so it's kind of annoying
Apr 17, 2022 6:27 AM
Mar 2009
I think it was a decent anime generic but still entertaining. Reason people piss on it so much is well their life is so boring they need something to do, Like complain how bad it is over and over again like a broken record.

Like I always say don´t like it don´t watch it and just shut up. Let others create their own opinion no need to nag how much you dislike it becuse your not special that your opinion matter what so ever.
Sep 9, 2022 9:10 PM

Apr 2022
yeah, people complain about generic is ironic. its seems that everyone is actually repeating itself like a robot...the Mc is an introvert --oh the MC is so bland... is like people who have just watched Inuyasha for isekai xD... maybe they are expecting some bolder character... Leon Fou Bartfort should be good role model maybe.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

68 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 2, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

221 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 2, 3:36 AM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

100 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2019

40 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

67 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 2:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.