Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
86--EIGHTY-SIX (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 19, 2021 6:07 PM
Jan 2021
What happens afterwords? I don't think I have the patience of waiting for the second cour and I'm not feeling like grinding a LN.

is shin and the crew dead? (Im pretty sure they aren't atleast they are alive somehow atleast I hope he isn't alive as a robot or a shepherd or something) if he's alive as a shepherd (I assume so because we saw him decapitated by the end of the credits scene) did you find it kinda uninteresting that his consciousness that is functioning and not actually him?

2-does the story get better or worse from here on? I kinda only see it geting worse. I would be happy if you guys confirmed otherwise. Feel free to spoil

3- any romance later on between shin (Im 100% sure he's alive somehow doesn't need a prodigy to realise that) and Lena and jf yes how much? Alot hopefully..

4-how long does it take for shin and Lena to physically meet each other? And how long does it take Lena to realize that shin isn't "dead"

5-how stretchable is the story? Is there an ending on the horizon? or is this the kind of 10 year run-time LN?

6- if you have any complaints about the LN events that happen post episode 11 in the anime please let me know. I want to see other's thoughts on what's gonna happen next.

That's it. Thanks in advance

Jun 19, 2021 6:44 PM
Sep 2016
Im not gonna bother using spoiler tags here because of your thread title. If anyone gets spoiled by this, its your own fault.

1- They arent dead, they were saved by Shin's brother spare unit. They are later rescued by soldiers of the Federacy.

2- Im currently on Volume 6 and i have liked it a lot. I think Volume 1 was probably the best volume but that doesnt mean the rest is bad.

3- There is, but they go slow at it and it wont happen on the second cour if thats what you are asking.

4- They meet for the first time at the very end of Volume 3, which seems to be the ending point of cour 2.

5- The japanese LN is currently on Volume 10, no idea how close to finishing the whole series.
Jun 19, 2021 6:46 PM
Oct 2020
Alright you asked for it.

1) Shin and crew are all alive. They are found by troops for a neighboring country. In the next arc they become soldiers for that country. The voice Shin hears/sees at the end of Ep 11 is the main antagonist for the next arc. There’s a whole story behind that guy and how he became a shepherd, etc.

2) the next arc is Vol 2/3. It is generally regarded as worse than Vol 1 but it’s more because Vol 1 is really really good. Vol 2/3 is still really great and does a good job pushing the story forward. The ending is also very satisfying and wraps up Vol1-3 nicely.

3) the answer is yes. It happens later on though: It develops throughout Vol 4-7 since they meet at the end of Vol 3 (sorry for the spoilers but you asked for it)

4) Kind of answered this already but they meet at the very end of Vol 3. This will likely be the season finale of the second cour.

5) its pretty stretchable. Their are 10 Volumes out, 7 in english. I’ve only read up to Vol 7. It seems like an ending may be on the horizon but I’m really not sure its only been hinted at with what I’ve read so far.

6) I’m a big fan of the series. I have almost no complaints about it post ep 11 (aka post Vol 1). The only thing I will say is that the author could have done a better job developing some of the side characters a little more. It’s only a small gripe I have, the series is amazing and hard to find fault with IMO.
Jun 19, 2021 6:49 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
1. No, Shin's okay and hasn't been turned into a Legion. That ending was kinda bait, lol. Though I do think there was a more metaphorical reasoning behind that scene. The other members are fine too.

2. The general consensus is that the next arc (vol 2 and 3) is almost as good, but not quite as good as the volume that was covered in this season. But almost everything after is absolutely amazing. I guess most people agree that the series does get better in general. The scope of the series was fairly limited in the first season after all. If I were to rank the volumes that I've read: 6 > 4 > 5 > 1 > 3 > 7 > 2.

3. Yes, quite a lot. However, it takes some time for it to get started. We definitely won't be seeing any hints of romance in the next season.

4. Well, they actually met in the epilogue of volume 1. However, the anime chose to skip it because the epilogue actually time-skips quite a bit and spoils a lot of upcoming stuff. Volume 2 and 3 serve as a fill-in for that timeskip gap, so the anime's planning on adapting the series linearly and leaving volume 1's epilogue for later. I'm almost certain that them meeting will be adapted in the final episode of the next season.

5. It's pretty stretchable from the point the anime ends off at. However, the series is already at volume 10 in Japan, and the anime only adapted one volume, so there's a whole lot of material left to cover. I've only read up to volume 7 because that's where the English releases are at, but an end point is visible and I don't think it will take too long to get there. I'm guessing the series might end around the 15th volume mark... unless if more stuff is introduced in the later volumes.

6. Well, as much as I liked the next volume (vol. 2), it basically served as set-up for the volume after that. Because of that, vol. 2 kinda lacks a climax and isn't the most fulfilling read. Of course, this isn't particularly uncommon in LNs. Multi-volume arcs are quite common within LNs, I'm just hard-pressed in finding stuff to criticize about 86, lol. If anything, this is a non-issue for the anime, since the next season should cover volumes 2 and 3, since they serve as one big arc. The only other thing I can complain about is that I found the 7th volume to be too heavy on fluff and romance and didn't progress the plot much and lacked action. However, I am very much in the minority with this opinion, since most people loved that volume.
Jun 19, 2021 6:54 PM

Jun 2019
1. Shin and the others survive
2. 2/3 are better in terms of fleshing out Shin's character, but the story isn't as good as the first volume. Personally. I personally enjoyed volume 4 and 7 more than volume 1.
3. Yes, there's romance
4. They meet at the end of volume 3, so at the end of the second cour
5. The story is "planning" to end by volume 12 or 13. The 10th volume just got released.
6. I haven't watch the entire 11 episode yet, but I don't like how A-1 got rid of Shin's crude mouth.

Jun 19, 2021 6:56 PM
Jan 2021
Siegfried10 said:
Im not gonna bother using spoiler tags here because of your thread title. If anyone gets spoiled by this, its your own fault.

1- They arent dead, they were saved by Shin's brother spare unit. They are later rescued by soldiers of the Federacy.

2- Im currently on Volume 6 and i have liked it a lot. I think Volume 1 was probably the best volume but that doesnt mean the rest is bad.

3- There is, but they go slow at it and it wont happen on the second cour if thats what you are asking.

4- They meet for the first time at the very end of Volume 3, which seems to be the ending point of cour 2.

5- The japanese LN is currently on Volume 10, no idea how close to finishing the whole series.

Thanks for the detailed response!!
Jun 19, 2021 6:56 PM
Jan 2021
Mq84jdk said:
Alright you asked for it.

1) Shin and crew are all alive. They are found by troops for a neighboring country. In the next arc they become soldiers for that country. The voice Shin hears/sees at the end of Ep 11 is the main antagonist for the next arc. There’s a whole story behind that guy and how he became a shepherd, etc.

2) the next arc is Vol 2/3. It is generally regarded as worse than Vol 1 but it’s more because Vol 1 is really really good. Vol 2/3 is still really great and does a good job pushing the story forward. The ending is also very satisfying and wraps up Vol1-3 nicely.

3) the answer is yes. It happens later on though: It develops throughout Vol 4-7 since they meet at the end of Vol 3 (sorry for the spoilers but you asked for it)

4) Kind of answered this already but they meet at the very end of Vol 3. This will likely be the season finale of the second cour.

5) its pretty stretchable. Their are 10 Volumes out, 7 in english. I’ve only read up to Vol 7. It seems like an ending may be on the horizon but I’m really not sure its only been hinted at with what I’ve read so far.

6) I’m a big fan of the series. I have almost no complaints about it post ep 11 (aka post Vol 1). The only thing I will say is that the author could have done a better job developing some of the side characters a little more. It’s only a small gripe I have, the series is amazing and hard to find fault with IMO.

Thanks for the response! Much appreciated
Jun 19, 2021 6:57 PM
Jan 2021
GoldenDevilGamer said:
1. No, Shin's okay and hasn't been turned into a Legion. That ending was kinda bait, lol. Though I do think there was a more metaphorical reasoning behind that scene. The other members are fine too.

2. The general consensus is that the next arc (vol 2 and 3) is almost as good, but not quite as good as the volume that was covered in this season. But almost everything after is absolutely amazing. I guess most people agree that the series does get better in general. The scope of the series was fairly limited in the first season after all. If I were to rank the volumes that I've read: 6 > 4 > 5 > 1 > 3 > 7 > 2.

3. Yes, quite a lot. However, it takes some time for it to get started. We definitely won't be seeing any hints of romance in the next season.

4. Well, they actually met in the epilogue of volume 1. However, the anime chose to skip it because the epilogue actually time-skips quite a bit and spoils a lot of upcoming stuff. Volume 2 and 3 serve as a fill-in for that timeskip gap, so the anime's planning on adapting the series linearly and leaving volume 1's epilogue for later. I'm almost certain that them meeting will be adapted in the final episode of the next season.

5. It's pretty stretchable from the point the anime ends off at. However, the series is already at volume 10 in Japan, and the anime only adapted one volume, so there's a whole lot of material left to cover. I've only read up to volume 7 because that's where the English releases are at, but an end point is visible and I don't think it will take too long to get there. I'm guessing the series might end around the 15th volume mark... unless if more stuff is introduced in the later volumes.

6. Well, as much as I liked the next volume (vol. 2), it basically served as set-up for the volume after that. Because of that, vol. 2 kinda lacks a climax and isn't the most fulfilling read. Of course, this isn't particularly uncommon in LNs. Multi-volume arcs are quite common within LNs, I'm just hard-pressed in finding stuff to criticize about 86, lol. If anything, this is a non-issue for the anime, since the next season should cover volumes 2 and 3, since they serve as one big arc. The only other thing I can complain about is that I found the 7th volume to be too heavy on fluff and romance and didn't progress the plot much and lacked action. However, I am very much in the minority with this opinion, since most people loved that volume.

Thanks for the detailed response! Much appreciated
Jun 19, 2021 6:58 PM
Jan 2021
DeN11 said:
1. Shin and the others survive
2. 2/3 are better in terms of fleshing out Shin's character, but the story isn't as good as the first volume. Personally. I personally enjoyed volume 4 and 7 more than volume 1.
3. Yes, there's romance
4. They meet at the end of volume 3, so at the end of the second cour
5. The story is "planning" to end by volume 12 or 13. The 10th volume just got released.
6. I haven't watch the entire 11 episode yet, but I don't like how A-1 got rid of Shin's crude mouth.

Thanks for responding! Appreciate it
Jun 20, 2021 12:35 AM
Dec 2020
I think you already read the comments. But if you check the wiki of 86 you probably will be able to know most of the story. This pretty much applies to all anime.
If you want to know what happens after the anime just refer the wiki of that anime. Usually you can find the entire plot of an anime/LN/Manga under timeline/arc title.
Jun 20, 2021 8:35 AM
Apr 2021
Seeing as you’ve already been answered, I thought I’d just pitch in to say that I’m glad you posted this. Though I’m usually not a fan of spoilers, this was the ONE exception in which I wanted to be spoilt. Idk what I would’ve done with myself if we never got to see Shin & Lena meet lol, so many thanks to this post and all the answers
Jun 20, 2021 9:26 AM
Dec 2007
I think one thing people need to keep in mind about this show going forward is that volumes 2 and 3 have a very different feel from volume 1 since there is a very noticeable lack of Lena. I'm very curious to see how they handle that for season 2. Lena gets an incredible back story and becomes known as "The Bloody Queen/ Bloody Reina", but a lot of that happens off screen during volume 2 and 3. Hopefully they do some anime original stuff to flesh that out.
Jun 20, 2021 7:41 PM
Feb 2014
What's the point of this quality bait of an ending of cour 1 then? Was it like that in the LN's too?
Jun 20, 2021 7:57 PM
Dec 2007
sephatu said:
What's the point of this quality bait of an ending of cour 1 then? Was it like that in the LN's too?
The LN had an epilogue chapter that fast-forwards 2 years to what's essentially the end of volume 3. It makes sense they didn't animate it since it fits in better as the ending of the 2nd season. The ending of this season is a piece of the epilogue and a small piece of the beginning of volume 2
Jun 20, 2021 8:01 PM
Jun 2020
sephatu said:

No, because looking at the the cover page of each ln already spoils so yeah

More topics from this board

» 86 LN starts its Final Arc with the next Light Novel volume 14.

darksideee - Jan 11

32 by KitsuFrost »»
May 1, 7:13 PM

Poll: » 86 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2021

265 by AlisandoLob »»
May 1, 9:07 AM

Poll: » 86 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2021

189 by Unni46nam »»
Apr 29, 7:13 PM

Poll: » 86 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2021

295 by Unni46nam »»
Apr 29, 7:12 PM

Poll: » 86 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

261 by Unni46nam »»
Apr 29, 7:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.