Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2021 2:40 AM

May 2020
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
If fiction has taught me anything, its that small peaceful towns are a hive of murder, rape and conspiracies.

This is a pretty solid manga. I feel like it conveyed horror very well and also did a decent job with its mystery and story. The characters were hit or miss but I did like Onada and Yokoi (once he went semi-insane), for the most part.

The only really confusing part of this manga for me was the ending. Mizuki lived but Kento died on top of her. And the ending did show that the town got destroyed, like Yokoi said it would if those two met. But then it also showed us that Onada and Yokoi survived, with Yokoi acting like Yomogida did and Onoda getting fat. But the neighbours around her said she's never left the house since she was a teenager. Was Onoda always a shut in ? Is that why her house always looked a disaster zone ? But then how was she conducting the case ? Or was it all some kind of delusion that she suffered from ?

7/10.
TitanInsaneJun 11, 2021 2:48 AM
Feb 26, 12:44 PM

Feb 2022
So from what I can gather all of Soil New Town was destroyed as expected when the children took down the tower but WTF was the deal with Onada being hyperobese at the end

Also is it implied that the 'foreign object' that set off the events of the manga was Kosaka's son, who introduced the unexplainable into the town by killing the girl?

Also to TitanInsane's comment - is it possible that Onada was conducting the case in the same way the blindfolded man appeared in Soil?

So many questions and frustratingly little explanation online
still a great manga

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soil Chapter 3 Discussion

Agerno - Oct 20, 2017

1 by animEid »»
Oct 9, 2023 12:55 AM

Poll: » Soil Chapter 8 Discussion

Agerno - Oct 22, 2017

0 by Agerno »»
Oct 22, 2017 1:24 PM

Poll: » Soil Chapter 2 Discussion

Agerno - Oct 20, 2017

0 by Agerno »»
Oct 20, 2017 1:58 PM

» the ending

Jozu-kun - Dec 1, 2014

1 by octo_ »»
Aug 30, 2017 9:19 AM

Poll: » Soil Chapter 1 Discussion

RVDA - Sep 25, 2016

0 by RVDA »»
Sep 25, 2016 10:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.