Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

If finished, do you think Three Kings arc would be better than CB and DT Arcs?

New
May 27, 2021 4:34 PM
Feb 2021
Chapter Black and Dark Tournament are easily the best arcs in the series, personally, Chapter Black is just a margin above Dark Tournament because I LOVED Sensui, but do you think that if Togashi had enough time would we have a new contender in the Three Kings arc for the best Yu Yu Hakusho arc?

Personally, every single dynamic within our main 3 as well as their respective kings was done extremely well. My favorite being Hiei and Mukuro especially. Do you think a full-fledged war and what Togashi had intended would have been the arc that surpasses both Chapter Black and Dark Tournament if done and done correctly?
May 27, 2021 6:21 PM
Feb 2021
Jesusisme18 said:
Chapter Black and Dark Tournament are easily the best arcs in the series, personally, Chapter Black is just a margin above Dark Tournament because I LOVED Sensui, but do you think that if Togashi had enough time would we have a new contender in the Three Kings arc for the best Yu Yu Hakusho arc?

Personally, every single dynamic within our main 3 as well as their respective kings was done extremely well. My favorite being Hiei and Mukuro especially. Do you think a full-fledged war and what Togashi had intended would have been the arc that surpasses both Chapter Black and Dark Tournament if done and done correctly?
Yeah I finished Yu Yu Hakusho only about a month ago and The Three Kings arc definitely had so much potential and the beginning of the arc was pretty good but after that I could tell it was rushed but even so I personally don't think that the ending was super bad but it definitely could've been up there with CB and the DT if he wasn't being rushed to finish it.
May 28, 2021 1:12 PM
May 2021
The three kings arc was when the series was at it’s peak to me. Dark tournament and chapter black were great but the three kings arc felt way greater compared to them.

Even though it felt incomplete, it was my favorite.
May 28, 2021 5:11 PM
Feb 2021
GrandmasRest said:
The three kings arc was when the series was at it’s peak to me. Dark tournament and chapter black were great but the three kings arc felt way greater compared to them.

Even though it felt incomplete, it was my favorite.
Respect the opinion but massive disagree. It felt very unpolished even within what we got, and i don’t think a tournament arc right after another basically does much good to the series as a whole. I don’t think we had enough time within each respective king either, especially within Raizen, we got a backstory and then he said piece. Which didn’t really suffice as him and Yusuke were going toe to toe but it didn’t really feel like anything progressed. We only got snippets of Mukuro at the end which was really enjoyable but again it wasn’t enough. I think the most fleshed out is easily Yomi and has some of the best interactions with him and kurama in this arc but at the end of the day, it too didn’t seem as fleshed out as it could’ve been. We know Yomi wants to rule and maybe go into spirit world and living world but it’s only brought up once. I don’t really remember anything special about the arc and it didn’t have the peaks of Yu Yu Hakusho like you said, the peaks are easily within CB and DT. It’s rehashing of DT like material is what really made it not so eventful, the fights weren’t even all that either, i didn’t care for chu and the gang nor did I for Raizens friends. The only thing I remember was when Yusuke forgot what he was fighting for, I also really didn’t like how he got the sacred energy-like ability as Sensuous, feels like a cop out cause we know that Yomi and Mukuro are miles ahead of Yusuke even with being a Mazuko. The arc just didn’t hit and it probably would be a contender but for me it’s far from it, Chapter Black and Dark Tournmanet are just so much better
Jesusisme18May 28, 2021 5:15 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 34 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 25, 2009

23 by KoniginElle »»
Today, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 91 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - May 27, 2010

49 by Xeehad »»
Today, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 90 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - May 26, 2010

27 by Xeehad »»
Today, 2:13 AM

» This show revived my love for anime

Maboo_D_Luffy - Yesterday

5 by UltimateKai »»
Yesterday, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Remake Version

DrPopCat7758 - Mar 24

19 by kihel »»
Yesterday, 4:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.