Forum Settings
Forums

'Shuumatsu no Walküre' Unveils Supporting Cast, Second Promo

New
May 24, 2021 8:43 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official website of the Shuumatsu no Walküre (Record of Ragnarok) anime series revealed three supporting cast, a second key visual (pictured), and second promo on Tuesday. The anime adaptation of Shinya Umemura, Takumi Fukui, and Ajichika's dark fantasy battle action manga will debut on Netflix on June 17.

Randgrid: Aya Kawakami (Boku no Hero Academia)
The fourth eldest of the 13 Valkyrie sisters. Her name means "Shield-Destroyer." She becomes a spear-like weapon for Lu Bu in the first battle.

Reginleif: Rina Kawaguchi (Rifle is Beautiful)
The seventh eldest of the 13 Valkyrie sisters. Her name means "Heritage of the Gods." She becomes a knuckle-buster for Adam in the second battle.

Hrist: Yuu Kobayashi (Dorohedoro)
The second eldest of the 13 Valkyrie sisters. Her name means "the quaking one" and also "the roaring one." She becomes a sword for Kojirou in the third battle.

Masao Ookubo (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood episode director) is helming the anime at Graphinica, with Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken) in handling the series composition. Masaki Satou (Magic Kaito) is designing the characters, and Yasuharu Takanashi (Kengan Ashura) is composing the music.

Fukui, Umemura, and Ajichika began serializing the manga in Monthly Comic Zenon in November 2017. Coamix shipped the tenth volume on March 18.

Source: Press Release, animate Times
DatRandomDudeMay 26, 2021 5:56 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 24, 2021 10:53 PM
Feb 2019
Man, this trailer looks sick! I hope the animation for the fight scenes will be good, but i'm certainly hyped for this show since i read the manga!
May 25, 2021 12:18 AM

Oct 2017
Those are some good looking girls.
May 25, 2021 2:23 AM
May 2018
Wow, this series has some serious all-star cast.
May 25, 2021 3:01 AM

Jul 2019
I'm honestly kinda scared, I'm getting One Punch Man season 2 vibes here.
May 25, 2021 3:55 AM
Dec 2019
Terrible animation lmao, this is going to be a disaster
May 25, 2021 4:22 AM

Aug 2020
Idk if this is good animation or not. Will wait for anime and then decide if I should switch to the manga.
May 25, 2021 10:20 AM

Aug 2015
It´s obvious by now but this won´t have the animation quality of Hellsing Ultimate. That was a project from multiple studios and took quite a few years to complete.

The animation looks weird, it´s between good and stiff at the same time (you can tell by the Zeus fight scenes, where some shots look poor and others way better) but it won´t hit Mob or Ufo levels, that´s logical. The manga is really entertaining, but I hope people put their expectations to place after seeing two previews.
May 25, 2021 7:44 PM
Jul 2013
come on this is the one anime where the animation quality must be great
this is basically a fighting tournament only with little story if the fights don't look good how can it be good?
May 25, 2021 8:02 PM

Dec 2018
OH GOD this looks absolutely mediocre!
I can't believe that my mangas I was hoping for a good adaptation turn out to be a totally disappointment; Neverland S2, kumo ga desu nanika for example. While other crap gets a unique and special treatment turning them into famous series like kimetsu and mushoku tensei.
Man it's really depressing to see this...
May 25, 2021 8:25 PM
Oct 2020
Dragevard said:
At this point, I'm just going to accept the fact that Netflix can't do anime with choreography in 2D just like Baki. I'll just watch this for waifu, Brunhilde

Netflix are not even involved with the anime production, it's produced by Warner Bros Japan and animated by Graphinica lol.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
1 hour ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
4 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
5 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.