Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 24, 2021 4:56 PM
Apr 2021
EPISODE 9 SPOILERS

Does anyone feel like Arie‘s approach was disrespectful? They was she asked out Ryou was so rude & inconsiderate.
She basically said “Society won’t accept you guys as a couple so date me instead.” The first implication wasn’t wrong at all but the way she went about her confession was just low & dirty.
May 24, 2021 5:20 PM
Nov 2015
All is fair in love and war my dude and whatever she said was straight up fax and how is it disrespectful lol

You're triggering for no reason, it's never too late to delete this post, do it ASAP.
May 24, 2021 5:34 PM
Apr 2021
Highonthighs said:
All is fair in love and war my dude and whatever she said was straight up fax and how is it disrespectful lol

You're triggering for no reason, it's never too late to delete this post, do it ASAP.
It was disrespectful to Ryou‘s feelings obviously. I don't feel “triggered” if that's what you meant to say. It's really not that serious just wanted a second opinion. It's never too late to edit your post it makes you look illiterate.
May 24, 2021 5:37 PM
Nov 2015
toadkuro said:
Highonthighs said:

It was disrespectful to Ryou‘s feelings obviously. I don't feel “triggered” if that's what you meant to say. It's really not that serious just wanted a second opinion. It's never too late to edit your post it makes you look illiterate.

This post would do well in twitter with a lot of soyboys who can join your crusade lol
May 24, 2021 5:39 PM
Aug 2020
Disrespectful, I wouldn't go that far, but it was inappropriate to say it out loud. Love sometimes makes us say surprising things. Then Arie seems quite inexperienced in the field of love. She's a good person, mature and peaceful but also a bit childish, who suddenly discovers feelings for a co-worker. I plead clumsiness.
I think Arie knows in her heart that she has no chance from the beginning but needs to acknowledge her feelings so she doesn't live in regret. I bet Ryo will put a nice stop to her.
May 24, 2021 5:48 PM
Apr 2021
Highonthighs said:
toadkuro said:

This post would do well in twitter with a lot of soyboys who can join your crusade lol
You not knowing how to use crusade properly & having time to try & start an unnecessary spectacle is pretty embarrassing. If your gonna randomly insult me for whatever pathetic reason you have at least use one’s that apply to my gender & try to be a bit more creative than “soyboy”. It sounds like a drink.
May 24, 2021 5:57 PM
Apr 2021
brun_oisif said:
Disrespectful, I wouldn't go that far, but it was inappropriate to say it out loud. Love sometimes makes us say surprising things. Then Arie seems quite inexperienced in the field of love. She's a good person, mature and peaceful but also a bit childish, who suddenly discovers feelings for a co-worker. I plead clumsiness.
I think Arie knows in her heart that she has no chance from the beginning but needs to acknowledge her feelings so she doesn't live in regret. I bet Ryo will put a nice stop to her.
She's a decent character ig that scene just felt so off to me. Don't even get me started with tamaru saying “will you still go out with me?” the second embarrassment was too strong. But Ryo probably will put a stop to her like you said.
May 24, 2021 6:11 PM
Nov 2015
toadkuro said:
Highonthighs said:

You not knowing how to use crusade properly & having time to try & start an unnecessary spectacle is pretty embarrassing. If your gonna randomly insult me for whatever pathetic reason you have at least use one’s that apply to my gender & try to be a bit more creative than “soyboy”. It sounds like a drink.

You started with the thread and with the insult "illiterate" and i don't care about your gender

It kinda makes sense tho, you'd totally fit in the twitter community
May 24, 2021 6:18 PM
Apr 2021
Tbh i never thought abt it in that way. But now that it’s been pointed out, I can see how it was disrespectful. I understand why she said it (it’s true but still), but that doesn’t mean she should’ve.

Someone also pointed out Tamaru’s “will you still go out with me even though you love someone” proposition, but honestly, the way they took rejection was totally different. Both know they don’t have any chance, Tamaru even knows who it is (pretty sure), yet Arie goes straight for the kill at the end, while Tamaru thought it wouldn’t hurt to try that suggestion. They’re worlds apart in terms of handling the situation and Arie is supposedly the older one.
May 24, 2021 6:46 PM
Nov 2020
toadkuro said:
EPISODE 9 SPOILERS

Does anyone feel like Arie‘s approach was disrespectful? They was she asked out Ryou was so rude & inconsiderate.
She basically said “Society won’t accept you guys as a couple so date me instead.” The first implication wasn’t wrong at all but the way she went about her confession was just low & dirty.
i agree he just told her about her crush and she totally disregarded it and made it about herself.
May 24, 2021 7:38 PM

Jan 2013
makotoplz said:
Someone also pointed out Tamaru’s “will you still go out with me even though you love someone” proposition, but honestly, the way they took rejection was totally different. Both know they don’t have any chance, Tamaru even knows who it is (pretty sure), yet Arie goes straight for the kill at the end, while Tamaru thought it wouldn’t hurt to try that suggestion. They’re worlds apart in terms of handling the situation and Arie is supposedly the older one.

yea different for sure. Tamaru, as well as Ichika, is still a kid so of course he’s going try to be persistent until he finally moves on. meanwhile Arie has to pulled the “lets be real here” card once she knows who since society (real life as well as in this show’s fictional universe apparantly, enabling mom, sister, & colleagues aside) dont take too kindly on those kind of relationships
that said, we all know what’s the end game here so…
May 25, 2021 4:55 AM
Aug 2020
Nah I don't think it's disrespectful, she said it pretty hesitantly which goes to show that she didn't want to heart ryos feeling but it was a last ditch effort for her to be acknowledged by ryo.
I ship ryo with arietty not because of the age gap shit or anything just because u don't see much adult romance in anime and I really don't like ryos character which ichika pretty much sums up herself in the previous ep.
Ryo X ichika ain't gonna work so I'm rooting for ichika to stay single and Rio to get a bf(won't be mad even if it's tamaru)
May 25, 2021 6:01 AM
Apr 2021
To be fair was ryou correct for following ichika everywhere and bombarding her with gifts until she accepted him? Their romance felt more like stockholm syndrome than actual romance to me. They all seem to be doing wrong things in the heat of passion so why bother
May 25, 2021 1:08 PM
Nov 2020
toadkuro said:
EPISODE 9 SPOILERS

Yeah 100%. She literally told him that ryou is too old for a highschool student and that he should date her instead. Wasn't even thinking about how pressured he might be now.
May 28, 2021 11:46 AM

Apr 2012
toadkuro said:
EPISODE 9 SPOILERS

Well she wasn't lying for stating the situation factually. Sometimes you need a person from a different standpoint to point out something you routinely downplay and see it in a different light.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jun 2, 2021 7:50 AM

Apr 2020
toadkuro said:
Highonthighs said:

Bruh ryou don't give a damn ...also when a person is in love he/she will do everything to make their own...as that guy said all is fair in love and war
Also if you felt that disrespect then you can't handle yandere girls😂 they will take you to hell for their love😖
Mar 23, 2022 2:33 PM
May 2021
So you have a problem with her stating a literal fact but not a problem with Ryou's problematic behavior throughout the series? Lmao ok man

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

146 by arceprog »»
Feb 23, 11:02 AM

» I love Rio! Who's with me?

mufarari - Feb 15

4 by TrayC-3PO »»
Feb 16, 6:56 PM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2021

116 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Nov 15, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Clas1ck - Mar 29, 2021

274 by suyumanda »»
Oct 21, 2023 7:39 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2021

98 by b_a_d »»
Sep 4, 2023 12:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.