Forum Settings
Forums
Girlfriend, Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 21, 2021 7:27 PM

Oct 2020
Why the fuck are they always screaming for fuck sake. I thought Asta from Black Clover was obnoxious, but this manga is something else. At this point I'm just skimming through the pages, I can't read this anymore.
Everyone has times when they've come up against a wall and feel like giving up on everything and running away. But you mustn't forget that during these times when the going is rough, the soul inside of you will try to create something to break through that wall. And don't forget that in your suffering there is something very precious. We're all suffering in agony with our troublesome lives. Sometimes it comes to tears. When that happens, let it flow as much as it wants. If it still doesn't stop flowing, then we'll come and mop it up. - Gintoki
Apr 21, 2021 8:29 PM
Jul 2018
I haven't read this manga, but your complaint applies to probably most anime. I also get annoyed by characters screaming constantly. At least when it's in manga, you don't actually hear the screaming. Now when it's anime on the other hand, that's a different story.

As to why characters constantly scream in comedy anime/manga, Japanese viewers seem to find it funny. Maybe it could be because Japanese people are, culturally, more reserved (generally speaking), and it adds an interesting contrast? But I don't think there's a huge difference in how subtle Japanese people are, vs how Americans (and other countries) are; we're all civilized people in the end.
Apr 22, 2021 5:14 AM

Oct 2020
ViktorLocke said:
I haven't read this manga, but your complaint applies to probably most anime. I also get annoyed by characters screaming constantly. At least when it's in manga, you don't actually hear the screaming. Now when it's anime on the other hand, that's a different story.

As to why characters constantly scream in comedy anime/manga, Japanese viewers seem to find it funny. Maybe it could be because Japanese people are, culturally, more reserved (generally speaking), and it adds an interesting contrast? But I don't think there's a huge difference in how subtle Japanese people are, vs how Americans (and other countries) are; we're all civilized people in the end.
They scream like every chapter, it's expressed by the big ass speech bubble and the big words. I'm alright with characters occasionally screaming (for comedic purposes), but this is too much. They do it every chapter. I don't get how people enjoy the plot and the characters. It sold a lot of volumes I heard.
Everyone has times when they've come up against a wall and feel like giving up on everything and running away. But you mustn't forget that during these times when the going is rough, the soul inside of you will try to create something to break through that wall. And don't forget that in your suffering there is something very precious. We're all suffering in agony with our troublesome lives. Sometimes it comes to tears. When that happens, let it flow as much as it wants. If it still doesn't stop flowing, then we'll come and mop it up. - Gintoki
Apr 22, 2021 3:13 PM
Apr 2020
Boohoo cry me a river
Apr 22, 2021 3:35 PM

Sep 2020
Why are they screaming? Because it's a manga by Hiroyuki.
Apr 23, 2021 6:59 PM
Feb 2019
You're pissed just for that ?
Apr 24, 2021 1:43 AM

Oct 2020
Setsky1 said:
You're pissed just for that ?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It is what it is
Apr 27, 2021 1:23 AM

Sep 2016
I actually find it hilarious to imagine these people shouting at each other in an overly energetic fashion. It adds to the charm of the story.
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Apr 27, 2021 1:33 AM

Oct 2020
nerdokingoftrash said:
I actually find it hilarious to imagine these people shouting at each other in an overly energetic fashion. It adds to the charm of the story.
Glad you're enjoying the manga, I just think it's too much for my capacity.
Apr 27, 2021 7:48 PM

Mar 2015
first time reading hiroyuki manga?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 27, 2021 8:37 PM

Jun 2020
this is one of those manga that you know its bad but you can't but continue reading lol
Apr 27, 2021 9:17 PM

Oct 2020
Kuma said:
Yeah, dropped Aho Girl dude.
Apr 27, 2021 9:18 PM

Oct 2020
G_Excel said:
this is one of those manga that you know its bad but you can't but continue reading lol
Forreal, I read for the art, and I like the design of the characters.
Apr 28, 2021 1:31 AM

Mar 2015
HIYUIM said:
Kuma said:
you dropped aho girl but you didn't learn any single lesson from it? oh boy. i have some bridge i can sell for you.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 28, 2021 4:06 AM
Oct 2020
This style may seem annoying at first, but it's not worth dropping manga just for this style.
Apr 28, 2021 6:57 AM

Oct 2020
Lnll said:
This style may seem annoying at first, but it's not worth dropping manga just for this style.
I'm caught up now haha.
Apr 28, 2021 6:58 AM

Oct 2020
Kuma said:
HIYUIM said:
you dropped aho girl but you didn't learn any single lesson from it? oh boy. i have some bridge i can sell for you.
I dropped that shit in like 5th grade or sumtin. Can't remember the plot, and I just learned that this series was made by the same person that did Aho girl like a few weeks ago.
Apr 28, 2021 7:13 AM

Mar 2015
HIYUIM said:
Kuma said:
I dropped that shit in like 5th grade or sumtin. Can't remember the plot, and I just learned that this series was made by the same person that did Aho girl like a few weeks ago.
then it's your own fault not to research before reading. what do you expect?
Apr 28, 2021 7:43 AM

Oct 2020
Kuma said:
HIYUIM said:
sheeesh chill dude, I read what's on my recommended so I don't expect anything tbh.
Apr 28, 2021 8:55 AM

Oct 2015
It's a style of comedy which a lot of anime have, if you wanna read up more about it it's called "tsukkomi". It's definitely not for everyone
Apr 28, 2021 11:24 AM

Sep 2019
I was finding it annoying at first too but I got used to it, it even makes me laugh now.
Apr 28, 2021 6:23 PM

Mar 2015
HIYUIM said:
Kuma said:
sheeesh chill dude, I read what's on my recommended so I don't expect anything tbh.
i am chill, i just found this thread stupid because you blame author for your own stupidity.
Apr 28, 2021 8:52 PM

Oct 2020
Kuma said:
HIYUIM said:
i am chill, i just found this thread stupid because you blame author for your own stupidity.
Ok bro, whatever floats your boat.
Apr 28, 2021 11:22 PM

May 2020
Bruh... it's not like you could hear it lmao.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Chapter 143 Discussion

Kuma - May 15, 2023

15 by MegamiRem »»
Apr 28, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Chapter 115 Discussion

MegamiRem - Sep 13, 2022

14 by Ophiul »»
Mar 8, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Chapter 131 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jan 31, 2023

22 by X_Lynn_X »»
Mar 2, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Chapter 110 Discussion

Ashhk - Jul 27, 2022

9 by X_Lynn_X »»
Mar 2, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Chapter 102 Discussion

MegamiRem - May 26, 2022

19 by X_Lynn_X »»
Mar 1, 8:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.