Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 19, 2021 11:04 AM
Nov 2019
Season 3 part 2, from what I've recently seen, has just gotten to the number 2 spot on Mal. It went from not even the top ten to number 2, even though it had the, in my opinion, weakest animation out of any season, even season 4. Though, I think it deserves the high score. Just wish that season 4 part 1 was more appreciated, considering they made 60 percent more episodes than wit in half the time. But I digress.
Apr 19, 2021 11:05 AM

Jan 2020
Season 3 part 2 has been top 2 for a while now

Apr 19, 2021 12:16 PM
Aug 2020
Why do people say that s3p2 had better animation? I preferred cg reiner over 2d s3p2 reiner. Since reiners titan has a lot of detail and its very hard to animate it look bad in s2p2. And overall besides the god tier scenes it wasn't all that better than s4
Apr 19, 2021 12:28 PM
Jan 2021
Andigowho said:
Why do people say that s3p2 had better animation? I preferred cg reiner over 2d s3p2 reiner. Since reiners titan has a lot of detail and its very hard to animate it look bad in s2p2. And overall besides the god tier scenes it wasn't all that better than s4
OP says S3P2 had the weakest animation, not best.
Apr 19, 2021 12:30 PM
Aug 2020
Xenophorm12 said:
Andigowho said:
Xenophorm12 said:
Andigowho said:
yeah you're right i misread that
Apr 19, 2021 4:55 PM
Feb 2021
Andigowho said:
I would take 2D Reiner any time of the day than seeing another CG titan.
Apr 19, 2021 4:56 PM

Jul 2020
It's been top 2 for a while now
Apr 19, 2021 5:18 PM

Aug 2019
It has been there for the past few weeks. I'm not sure how long it will stay up there with the hype for the final season dying and the critically panned ending of the manga.
Apr 20, 2021 6:52 AM
Oct 2017
Andigowho said:
the whole arc what a massive strategic fight, how can that not be the coolest thing ever?

and a lot of people including myself prefer the 2d titans, thats why its #2, it is better than s4 by miles imo and many others apparently
Apr 20, 2021 6:54 AM
Aug 2020
BloodyTaer said:
Andigowho said:
the whole arc what a massive strategic fight, how can that not be the coolest thing ever?

and a lot of people including myself prefer the 2d titans, thats why its #2, it is better than s4 by miles imo and many others apparently
ok im talking abou the animation not the story and imo i prefer consistantly good cg teiner than shit reiner in most of the shots. Im not hating on wit i prefer it over mappa but i can't deny that fact
Apr 20, 2021 7:03 AM

Nov 2019
im pretty sure s3 p2 was always in the top 10 since the time it aired, it even reached number 1 for an instant but again due to the recent hype of the final season the rating increased an it reached number 2 it will decrease over time tho
Apr 20, 2021 7:28 AM

Aug 2020
Deserves more to be honest

Apr 20, 2021 8:30 AM
Oct 2017
Andigowho said:
BloodyTaer said:

ok im talking abou the animation not the story and imo i prefer consistantly good cg teiner than shit reiner in most of the shots. Im not hating on wit i prefer it over mappa but i can't deny that fact
well these ratings aren't only based on the animation
Apr 20, 2021 9:44 AM

Jun 2020
dewwm said:
It has been there for the past few weeks. I'm not sure how long it will stay up there with the hype for the final season dying and the critically panned ending of the manga.
maximum until s4p2 airing will be finished
Apr 20, 2021 1:34 PM
Feb 2021
If it didn’t contain the reaveling episodes S4 would be way better but the eldians and marly and the owl was really amazing
Apr 20, 2021 9:22 PM

Nov 2020
BloodyTaer said:
Andigowho said:

yes I also agree S4 was good but s3p2 was far better in every aspect than S4

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Apr 21, 2021 7:51 AM
Nov 2019
Kirito760 said:
BloodyTaer said:

In what way? Season 4 is far better story wise and consistency wise compared to part 2 of season 3.
Apr 21, 2021 8:01 AM
Nov 2019
Chiahk said:
Andigowho said:
I would take 2D Reiner any time of the day than seeing another CG titan.

2d can still be shit. Renier looked shit, even as a 2d titan. At least cgi, it's much more detailed.

Obviously it isn't as good as even the reanimated scenes from studio wit in season 4. But comparing season 3 part 2 to season 4 is less clear, considering the few times we did get 2d titans, they looked like crap.

2d can still be crap. Seven deadly sins being one of them. 3d can still be amazing. Anything that ufotable has made can prove that.
Apr 21, 2021 8:07 AM

Nov 2020
racers551 said:
Kirito760 said:

In what way? Season 4 is far better story wise and consistency wise compared to part 2 of season 3.
oh yes their was nothing in S3p2 except Levi vs beast titan epic fight, erwins last words, the history of Paradise Island and fantastic soundtracks.😒😒😒

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to

Apr 21, 2021 8:12 AM
Nov 2019
Kirito760 said:
racers551 said:

oh yes their was nothing in S3p2 except Levi vs beast titan epic fight, erwins last words, the history of Paradise Island and fantastic soundtracks.😒😒😒

And there was nothing in season 4, except Eren fucking murdering innocent children, some like him, Sasha's death, Mikasa and Armin being called a slave, and undermined, Eren becoming a war criminal, Gabi turning from a likable to a hateable character, and back into a more likeable one, the war between Marley and Paradis, Falco being a Chad, a marleyan, Niccolo loving a Eldian soldier, Floche changing from the mentally tired and weak soldier to a badass who's able to turn against his own military, and make them into Titans, etc etc. Not to mention, Ashes on the Fire, and Call your name, instrumental, was fucking fantastic. Not to mention 2lives.

Way more happened in season 4 than in season 3 part 2, or even before season 3.
Apr 21, 2021 8:35 AM

Nov 2020
racers551 said:
Kirito760 said:

And there was nothing in season 4, except Eren fucking murdering innocent children, some like him, Sasha's death, Mikasa and Armin being called a slave, and undermined, Eren becoming a war criminal, Gabi turning from a likable to a hateable character, and back into a more likeable one, the war between Marley and Paradis, Falco being a Chad, a marleyan, Niccolo loving a Eldian soldier, Floche changing from the mentally tired and weak soldier to a badass who's able to turn against his own military, and make them into Titans, etc etc. Not to mention, Ashes on the Fire, and Call your name, instrumental, was fucking fantastic. Not to mention 2lives.

bro it's not wrong that you like S4 but I prefer s3p2 more

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to

Apr 21, 2021 8:38 AM
Nov 2019
Kirito760 said:
racers551 said:

Okay. But if your argument is that more happened, you're wrong.
Apr 21, 2021 8:54 AM

Nov 2020
racers551 said:
Kirito760 said:

@racers551 but according to community I am absolutely right.
its clear from the ratings that people like s3p2 more than s4

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to

Apr 21, 2021 8:56 AM
Nov 2019
Kirito760 said:
racers551 said:

@racers551 but according to community I am absolutely right.
its clear from the ratings that people like s3p2 more than s4

I mean, okay.

That's their opinion. Mine is that it's not even close, and season 4 far outstrips what any other season had done. But people are allowed to have their opinions.
Apr 21, 2021 9:06 AM

Jan 2020
I personally think that as long as both parts are in the top 10, I won't be mad. Season 3 p2 is the most loved by fans and the one with the least controversy around it which is why it's holding its spot as number 2. Had season 4 not been downvoted to death, it would have been higher.

In terms of action, I think both seasons had their fair share of action, maybe slightly more in season 4, but I'm not sure because
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Apr 21, 2021 1:10 PM
Dec 2020
Well season 4 got attacked by dumb FMAB fans , MAPPA haters , also the ones who absolutely hated the ending and Season 3 part 2 fanboys . Like just because I won't get god tier animation I will overlook the amazing story telling of season 4 that's clearly way better than season 3 part 2 . The arcs that were covered in season 4 are considered peak of aot in manga with the first 5 episodes of season 4 part 2 being the greatest plot twist of Aot . Yet anime onlys managed to hate it. Honestly I thought MAL was a place where people would actually discuss things they likes but some of the posts are so hateful ( for many anime especially the top 10 ) , it feels like I am on twitter , made specifically for anime lol 😂. Aot season 4 and season 4 part 2 deserve positions in top 5 . Also to all the Toxic FMAB fans are you guys gonna downvote berserk too when it gets a better adaptation ?? There are quite a few anime that deserve to be above FMAB . AOT season 4 part one and two ,Monster etc .
Apr 21, 2021 1:54 PM

Aug 2020
Well season 4 got attacked by dumb FMAB fans , MAPPA haters , also the ones who absolutely hated the ending and Season 3 part 2 fanboys . Like just because I won't get god tier animation I will overlook the amazing story telling of season 4 that's clearly way better than season 3 part 2 . The arcs that were covered in season 4 are considered peak of aot in manga with the first 5 episodes of season 4 part 2 being the greatest plot twist of Aot . Yet anime onlys managed to hate it. Honestly I thought MAL was a place where people would actually discuss things they likes but some of the posts are so hateful ( for many anime especially the top 10 ) , it feels like I am on twitter , made specifically for anime lol . Aot season 4 and season 4 part 2 deserve positions in top 5 . Also to all the Toxic FMAB fans are you guys gonna downvote berserk too when it gets a better adaptation ?? There are quite a few anime that deserve to be above FMAB . AOT season 4 part one and two ,Monster etc .
in fact, I'm starting to believe that FMAB's fanboys are less toxic than AOT's. at least they don't fight each other and agree that their anime is the best. unlike the AOT fandom (the most toxic), who argue about whether the animation is good or bad, about whether its ending sucks or not or people like you: who think their favorite part of anime should be higher when the whole story itself is very good.
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Apr 21, 2021 2:14 PM

Dec 2020
I don't think any AoT has business being this high, but s3p2 definitely deserves to be higher than S4, post-timeskip AoT is a mess.
Apr 21, 2021 2:16 PM

Jun 2020
Well some people liked the action in szn3pt2 more
Apr 21, 2021 10:03 PM

Nov 2020
Leoradiuju2004 said:
Well season 4 got attacked by dumb FMAB fans , MAPPA haters , also the ones who absolutely hated the ending and Season 3 part 2 fanboys . Like just because I won't get god tier animation I will overlook the amazing story telling of season 4 that's clearly way better than season 3 part 2 . The arcs that were covered in season 4 are considered peak of aot in manga with the first 5 episodes of season 4 part 2 being the greatest plot twist of Aot . Yet anime onlys managed to hate it. Honestly I thought MAL was a place where people would actually discuss things they likes but some of the posts are so hateful ( for many anime especially the top 10 ) , it feels like I am on twitter , made specifically for anime lol . Aot season 4 and season 4 part 2 deserve positions in top 5 . Also to all the Toxic FMAB fans are you guys gonna downvote berserk too when it gets a better adaptation ?? There are quite a few anime that deserve to be above FMAB . AOT season 4 part one and two ,Monster etc .
in fact, I'm starting to believe that FMAB's fanboys are less toxic than AOT's. at least they don't fight each other and agree that their anime is the best. unlike the AOT fandom (the most toxic), who argue about whether the animation is good or bad, about whether its ending sucks or not or people like you: who think their favorite part of anime should be higher when the whole story itself is very good.
I don't remember fmab having any other season that they can fight on and fmab fanboys do fight more than aot fans on fma vs fmab

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to

Apr 21, 2021 10:16 PM

Nov 2020
ImperialAk said:
Well season 4 got attacked by dumb FMAB fans , MAPPA haters , also the ones who absolutely hated the ending and Season 3 part 2 fanboys . Like just because I won't get god tier animation I will overlook the amazing story telling of season 4 that's clearly way better than season 3 part 2 . The arcs that were covered in season 4 are considered peak of aot in manga with the first 5 episodes of season 4 part 2 being the greatest plot twist of Aot . Yet anime onlys managed to hate it. Honestly I thought MAL was a place where people would actually discuss things they likes but some of the posts are so hateful ( for many anime especially the top 10 ) , it feels like I am on twitter , made specifically for anime lol 😂. Aot season 4 and season 4 part 2 deserve positions in top 5 . Also to all the Toxic FMAB fans are you guys gonna downvote berserk too when it gets a better adaptation ?? There are quite a few anime that deserve to be above FMAB . AOT season 4 part one and two ,Monster etc .
yes fmab is overrated shit

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to

Apr 22, 2021 1:32 PM
Jan 2021
story wise season 4 is better but season 3 part 2 is just pure hyoe that was built up for the last 47 episodes at that point but imo i have them at the exact same level
Apr 22, 2021 8:49 PM
Nov 2019
Season 4 right now is in the situation season 3 was in. Not many people liked part 1 of season 3 due to lack of titan fights and the whole political government thing, and it was mostly build up for the massive hype storm that would take place in part 2 at the fight in shiganshina. It's the same again, most of season 4 part 1 is the build up to part 2, and part 2 will immediately start with bat shit insane fights and reveals like season 3 part 2, INSIDE shiganshina once again. It's now all come full circle, It is literally season 3 all over again, and honestly I love it and and I'm geeking out over it. I predict part 2 is gonna get the same love as season 3 part 2 due to the similar but still different nature, watch, the colossal story progression and action of both season 3 part 2 and season 4 part 2 are gonna be duking it out on top, and honestly anyone still giving a crap about the CGI or the whole MAPPA thing are slowly gonna fizzle out just like all the nit picking for season 3 part 2 did. "2 titans meet, as it was written" -Samuel Hayden. Sorry couldn't help the doom reference
Apr 23, 2021 9:21 AM

Dec 2019
s3p2 is literally unbelievable, so it DESERVES IT
Apr 26, 2021 11:29 PM
Sep 2020
Andigowho said:
BloodyTaer said:

Let's face it if S4 p1 was upto 8 episodes instead of 16 then the kids would rate it higher ,because that was the end the action arc,if you get what I mean ,even it would have gone above fmab at no 1,mappa planning was bad in this situation

Then later it should have been continued in winter 2022 from ep 9 of s4 that would make more sence and people won't be upset ,plus the production team will get more time to prepare for part 2
Mack_YeagerApr 26, 2021 11:32 PM
Apr 26, 2021 11:30 PM
Sep 2020
OnzimaLeader said:
story wise season 4 is better but season 3 part 2 is just pure hyoe that was built up for the last 47 episodes at that point but imo i have them at the exact same level

The colour pallets in previous season actually makes me wanna give it a 10
Apr 26, 2021 11:35 PM
Sep 2020
JJ_jose said:
Season 4 right now is in the situation season 3 was in. Not many people liked part 1 of season 3 due to lack of titan fights and the whole political government thing, and it was mostly build up for the massive hype storm that would take place in part 2 at the fight in shiganshina. It's the same again, most of season 4 part 1 is the build up to part 2, and part 2 will immediately start with bat shit insane fights and reveals like season 3 part 2, INSIDE shiganshina once again. It's now all come full circle, It is literally season 3 all over again, and honestly I love it and and I'm geeking out over it. I predict part 2 is gonna get the same love as season 3 part 2 due to the similar but still different nature, watch, the colossal story progression and action of both season 3 part 2 and season 4 part 2 are gonna be duking it out on top, and honestly anyone still giving a crap about the CGI or the whole MAPPA thing are slowly gonna fizzle out just like all the nit picking for season 3 part 2 did. "2 titans meet, as it was written" -Samuel Hayden. Sorry couldn't help the doom reference

Yeah exactly so objectively S3 p1 is actually a 9.6/10
S1p1:9.2/10
S1p2:9.3/10

S2:9.5/10
S3p2 is a 9.7/10
S4p1 is a 9.8/10
Apr 26, 2021 11:37 PM
Sep 2020
Xx_Kirigaya_xX said:
ImperialAk said:
yes fmab is overrated shit

It's really overrated ,it has the crown full of lies 9.18/10 too much ,if that's teh case HxH,gintama should have to be like a 9.4 or so
Apr 27, 2021 10:53 AM
Jan 2021
Mack_Yeager said:
OnzimaLeader said:

The colour pallets in previous season actually makes me wanna give it a 10
i prefer wits style but i also really like mappas as its a bit more humanlike unlike wits highly saturated shiny look but mappa didi a good job being more manga accurate
May 3, 2021 1:21 AM
Feb 2021
I love all of AoT but I have to admit that S3P2 is my favorite. Erwin being the ultra badass he is with one of the greatest sacrifices, Levi being a god by shitting on Zeke, Armins peak, the decision, the basement reveal, so many things. I also enjoyed the character moments in this part with Erwin, Armin, and also Eren tbh (a character who only wanted to depend on himself to someone realizing that scouts as a whole is who are special). The music, animation, fight scenes, everything is just peak entertainment.

I also love season 4 but its much slower and the cgi can be a little weird at times especially with the Attack Titan. The ost although is good is not as hype as Wit and I love the storytelling for this part and episode 7 made me giddy but nothing about season 4 made me feel what s3p2 made me feel. The animation also took a drop unfortunately and sometimes the animation didnt look great. The plot for Marley arc and WfP arc and Eren heavily carried this season because without those it wouldnt be as high tbh. Mappa really was screwed over with the schedule with all this. I hope Mappa's animation quality improve for S4P2 because that part is less story based and more action based around the middle.

But S3P2 being above S4P1 makes a lot of sense to me. I just feel bad for S4P1 because of the unfair downvotes it got from fmab fans, Mappa haters, or people who hate the ending (atleast wait for the anime to get there and see if it improves, if not then throw the blame on S4P2 not P1). I definitely have to agree that some AoT fans are just ultra toxic lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

735 by CoconutPizza »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

346 by GengarGrinn »»
Apr 26, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
Apr 25, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.