Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 16, 2021 11:34 PM
Jul 2020
I just want to confirm one thing when she said "inside im a boy", is she a tomboy
Mar 16, 2021 11:51 PM

Mar 2016
He is a trans character that was assigned female at birth.
Sigh.
Mar 17, 2021 1:28 PM
Sep 2019
Yeah, he even used the pronoun 'boku', which is masculine version of 'I' in Japanese.
Mar 17, 2021 2:02 PM
Aug 2020
He's a transgender male. He literally said "I'm a boy" in the episode
Mar 17, 2021 2:07 PM
Nov 2014
She is a girl, I mean she did get pregnant after being raped. Tho she considers herself to be a boy, probably because of the trauma.
Mar 17, 2021 2:21 PM
Sep 2020
RobiWan said:
She is a girl, I mean she did get pregnant after being raped. Tho she considers herself to be a boy, probably because of the trauma.
No, in the episode it's clearly said that he was gonna ask his teacher advice about his situation. And then the teacher raped him because he didn't like it.
Akirasama38Mar 17, 2021 2:36 PM
Mar 17, 2021 2:22 PM

Mar 2018
No, he's not a tomboy. He was assigned female at birth but identifies as a boy, so he is a transgender male.
Mar 17, 2021 2:42 PM
Nov 2019
The subs say she was raped and became pregnant - so biologically a girl, but transgendered as felt like a boy on the inside.

So IRL would have been after female to male gender reassignment.
Mar 17, 2021 3:04 PM
Nov 2014
Akirasama38 said:
RobiWan said:
No, in the episode it's clearly said that he was gonna ask his teacher advice about his situation. And then the teacher raped him because he didn't like it.

Ah, that passed by me, guess she started considering herself to be a boy before the trauma then.
Mar 17, 2021 4:06 PM
Jul 2019
Anyone noticed that his jacket has trans flag colors?
Mar 17, 2021 4:29 PM
Jan 2016
Soyunaringo said:

Yeah, I immediately noticed. And it's such a pretty jacket in general! That episode made me quite happy. Didn't expect an anime to have an openly trans character with no ambiguity whatsoever. Too bad that doesn't stop some people from misgendering him anyway.
Mar 17, 2021 4:31 PM
Jul 2019
[quote=Mangraz message=62367270]
Soyunaringo said:

Yeah, I immediately noticed. And it's such a pretty jacket in general! That episode made me quite happy. Didn't expect an anime to have an openly trans character with no ambiguity whatsoever. Too bad that doesn't stop some people from misgendering him anyway.[quote=Mangraz message=62367270]
Soyunaringo said:

Yeah I know right. I don’t understand why people saying that he’s a tomboy he clearly said he’s a boy.
Mar 19, 2021 7:11 AM

Sep 2012
Mangraz said:
Didn't expect an anime to have an openly trans character with no ambiguity whatsoever. Too bad that doesn't stop some people from misgendering him anyway.

LITERALLY LMAO
Karou: I'm a boy
MAL user: soOoooO She's a tom boy from trauma?

I cannotttt

RobiWan said:

Ah, that passed by me, guess she started considering herself to be a boy before the trauma then.

*He was born with female anatomy but he realised at some point in his life that his gender identity did not prescribe to his assigned gender at birth, thus he is [transgender] male. He was assumedly confused with gender/bodily dysphoria, sought help from a trusted teacher who in turn raped and impregnated him. He then killed himself under the weight of the above.

There I fixed what you were trying to say
Mar 19, 2021 9:46 AM
Aug 2020
Biologically female, but Kaoru is male. He is referred to by he/him pronouns by Momoe and is clearly very happy when Momoe calls him a brave boy. He says he’s a boy on the inside because that’s what he identifies as. Trans men are not tomboys.
Mar 22, 2021 1:36 PM

Apr 2017
Mangraz said:
Too bad that doesn't stop some people from misgendering him anyway.

I like that Momoe referred to him using male pronouns after their talk. They both encouraged each other to be open about who they are.
Apr 8, 2021 2:15 PM
Nov 2014
Limbo-chan said:
Mangraz said:
Didn't expect an anime to have an openly trans character with no ambiguity whatsoever. Too bad that doesn't stop some people from misgendering him anyway.

LITERALLY LMAO

I cannotttt

RobiWan said:

*He was born with female anatomy but he realised at some point in his life that his gender identity did not prescribe to his assigned gender at birth, thus he is [transgender] male. He was assumedly confused with gender/bodily dysphoria, sought help from a trusted teacher who in turn raped and impregnated him. He then killed himself under the weight of the above.

No you didn't fix anything. I don't think i said anything that needed fixing anyway.
It is my subjective opinion to call her "she", dont force your "fixing" on me, i wasn't being rude so you shouldn't be either.
Apr 15, 2021 2:33 PM
Apr 2014
RobiWan said:
Limbo-chan said:

LITERALLY LMAO

I cannotttt

No you didn't fix anything. I don't think i said anything that needed fixing anyway.
It is my subjective opinion to call her "she", dont force your "fixing" on me, i wasn't being rude so you shouldn't be either.

You were being pretty damn transphobic But Okay
Apr 15, 2021 2:37 PM
Apr 2014
penrhos said:
The subs say she was raped and became pregnant - so biologically a girl, but transgendered as felt like a boy on the inside.

So IRL would have been after female to male gender reassignment.

Hey, I don't know if you're aware, but it's not quite how it works, though close enough.

1) no one uses the word "transgendered" anymore, it's trans or transgender man/boy in Kaoru's case.
2) he's still a boy regardless of any medical things being done (which Tomoe affirms by referring to him the way he wants to). He may want to do them in the future to feel more at home in his body though.

Just fyi!

Otherwise yeah. This would be traumatic for anyone, but even worse for him as a trans man, since it doesn't get much more "female" than pregnancy. Just an all-around awful situation, I really feel for him.

Kaoru is so cool though. Overall, I really liked this episode and their dynamic. The kiss... I kind of ship it now >^<
laiskvorstApr 15, 2021 2:41 PM
Apr 15, 2021 6:06 PM
Oct 2018
ReddayeSocks said:
I don't think she's trans. She accepted the idea of being dates with a man.
Apr 20, 2021 5:54 AM

Mar 2016
BlueFear said:
ReddayeSocks said:
I don't think she's trans. She accepted the idea of being dates with a man.

I wasn't talking about Momoe if that's what you're thinking.
Sigh.
Apr 23, 2021 6:41 PM
Mar 2016
RobiWan said:
Limbo-chan said:

LITERALLY LMAO

I cannotttt

Thats a lotta words to say im transphobic you trash
Apr 24, 2021 11:09 AM

Jul 2017
I really, really hope this meme is dead come the next generation.
あなたは誰?
Apr 25, 2021 11:37 AM

May 2018
A lesbian wiw 😂😂😂😂😂

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 16, 2021

363 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 30, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LittleLucky - Mar 2, 2021

210 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 30, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Feb 16, 2021

255 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 30, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aikotoba - Jan 12, 2021

431 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 30, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2021

410 by nyaasar »»
Apr 9, 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.