Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 28, 2021 5:10 AM

Feb 2021
Just been watching Gintama lately and I'm enjoying it but I find Kagura super annoying, loud and obnoxious. Anyone else feels the same way ? Seeing how Kagura is most popular character in Gintama after Gintoki is surprising for me
RezEva02Feb 28, 2021 9:55 PM
Feb 28, 2021 5:42 AM

Mar 2020
She's my favorite, but probably for the reasons why you dislike her.
DONDAKE!!
Feb 28, 2021 5:42 AM
Apr 2020
RezEva02 said:
Just been watching Gintama lately and I'm enjoying it but I find Kagura super annoying, loud and obnoxious. Anyone else feels the same way ? Seeing how Kagura is most popular character from Gintama after Gintoki is surprising for me
what the whole thing is all i can say
Feb 28, 2021 5:48 AM
Jul 2018
Being annoying is part of her character really. I personally really like her especially later on.
Feb 28, 2021 5:57 AM
Dec 2020
Sometimes, it's normal if you don't like childish characters
Feb 28, 2021 6:17 AM
Feb 2018
Here’s the thing with Gintama, at least in my opinion, every single character is annoying and a giant piece of shit

And that’s what I love about them
Feb 28, 2021 6:18 AM
Oct 2020
Yeah very true same feelings
Feb 28, 2021 6:22 AM

Apr 2018
Yeah, I also find Kagura annoying in fact I find most of the female characters of
the series annoying as most of them have cliche personalities and sometimes kills the good comedy scene.

Feb 28, 2021 5:57 PM
Nov 2020
Im sorry to tell you my guy, but everyone likes her for the reasons you dislike her
Feb 28, 2021 7:19 PM
Feb 2019
halfblood_ghost said:
Here’s the thing with Gintama, at least in my opinion, every single character is annoying and a giant piece of shit

And that’s what I love about them

Had me in the first half not gonna lie.
Feb 28, 2021 7:20 PM

Jan 2020
I disagree but I can see where you're coming from. She grew on me lots as it went on and hopefully when she develops, you'll end up liking her.

Feb 28, 2021 8:12 PM

Nov 2020
I can understand why you think she’s annoying but it part of her character and that’s what makes her lovable. She’s personally one of my favorite character in Gintama but I think you’ll find her less annoying later on. Also it’s funny IMO
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
Mar 1, 2021 3:22 AM
Dec 2019
Don't worry.I also kinda dislike her at the beginning but then after watching more and more of Gintama,you'll gonna get used to her and realize that she's just a loveable idiot.
Mar 1, 2021 10:51 AM
Mar 2020
RezEva02 said:
Just been watching Gintama lately and I'm enjoying it but I find Kagura super annoying, loud and obnoxious. Anyone else feels the same way ? Seeing how Kagura is most popular character in Gintama after Gintoki is surprising for me
Don't worry she'll grow with you. She will have a great character development later in the series.
Mar 1, 2021 5:27 PM
May 2019
RezEva02 said:

I really like her as I am watching gintama too rn, I just feel like she’s a really nice comedic character. But again this is from a person who has aqua as best girl in konosuba
Mar 2, 2021 9:32 AM
Feb 2021
Currently at episode 77, i like kagura because she’s funny and she has no clue at all, but i find sadaharu annoying
Mar 3, 2021 9:49 AM

Feb 2021
She was designed that way. She's supposed to be an 'annoying' childish 14-year old but that's the reason why we all love her
Mar 4, 2021 3:38 AM
Sep 2020
She is the most like character after Gintoki for a reason and deservedly so. She is one of the best written child characters in shounen who actually has childish tendencies. I thought Shinpachi was supposed to be the one that new watchers get annoyed by. But don't worry Kagura will grow on you as she did on every fan of this show.
Mar 4, 2021 3:51 AM
Sep 2020
Juralumin said:
Yeah, I also find Kagura annoying in fact I find most of the female characters of
the series annoying as most of them have cliche personalities and sometimes kills the good comedy scene.
Either you haven't seen that much of the anime or you have a different idea on what cliche even means. A girl who has trouble identifying her gender because she was brought up as a boy due to societal norms and wants to overcome this gender issue by that she doesn't need to be a man or a woman to be who she wants to be is a cliche personality to you? Or a woman who scarred her own face to forsake her womanhood in order to sacrifice her own sense of self so that she can protect anyone without getting attached to them because to her attachment means a burdening them with her existence, while also growing out of her low self esteem is a cliche personality to you? Yes gintama does have characters which are uninteresting and "normal" but that's what they were meant to be and even they are likeable in their own way. Gintama has one of the best female casts and this an opinion that's shared amon alot of anime watchers around the world.
Mar 4, 2021 11:27 AM

Jan 2008
I'm a good 80 episodes in now and yeah Kagura was a bit much to take in at first and she's still not my favourite character but she's mostly likeable. Female character wise I would say Sarutobi is more annoying

I don't really dislike any characters though. If I had a least I would guess say Idiot Prince or Matsudaira.

My favourite characters currently are Gintoki, Shinpachi,(surprisingly) Katsura, Tatsuma and Yamazaki.
Mar 4, 2021 5:11 PM

Apr 2018
ShahbazKhan7 said:
Juralumin said:
Either you haven't seen that much of the anime or you have a different idea on what cliche even means. A girl who has trouble identifying her gender because she was brought up as a boy due to societal norms and wants to overcome this gender issue by that she doesn't need to be a man or a woman to be who she wants to be is a cliche personality to you? Or a woman who scarred her own face to forsake her womanhood in order to sacrifice her own sense of self so that she can protect anyone without getting attached to them because to her attachment means a burdening them with her existence, while also growing out of her low self esteem is a cliche personality to you? Yes gintama does have characters which are uninteresting and "normal" but that's what they were meant to be and even they are likeable in their own way. Gintama has one of the best female casts and this an opinion that's shared amon alot of anime watchers around the world.
Dude, who are you? I ain't talking to you, I was replying to op, don't just quote my comment and show your weeb skills, I just shared what I think of Gintama to op not to you.

Mar 5, 2021 7:21 AM
Sep 2020
Juralumin said:
ShahbazKhan7 said:
Dude, who are you? I ain't talking to you, I was replying to op, don't just quote my comment and show your weeb skills, I just shared what I think of Gintama to op not to you.

Yeah and you posted your opinion on the forum its normal for anyone to agree or disagree with you. Is this the first time someone tried to have a discussion about anime in general with you? Be it on your own forum or not, anybody can address what you so boldly claimed. I tried to refute your points and you come up with "who are you?" hey man if you don't have anything to back your claim calling characters cliche then why have an opinion like that in the first place amiright? Anyways you do you my man.
Mar 5, 2021 11:20 PM

Apr 2018

Dude, I just told you I wasn't talking to you why are you so fixated on proving me wrong, as far as opinion is concerned I am allowed to have any opinion of any character as I see fit, you like those characters while I see a copy of zura and an annoying bitch and by cliche, I meant how they behave normally around Gintoki and not about their past.

Apr 1, 2023 8:04 PM
Apr 2023
Yeah i bet your fave female character is orihime from bleach

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama Episode 130 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Randomnamechange - Apr 13, 2009

109 by DigiCat »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Gintama Episode 188 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

garfield15 - Dec 17, 2009

167 by Clooooooooooo »»
May 27, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

smokes - Oct 30, 2009

68 by Pitto_ »»
May 26, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 30 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zerachroma - Jun 23, 2008

82 by Seraschi »»
May 26, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TechDragon - Aug 12, 2008

85 by Seraschi »»
May 26, 1:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.