Forum Settings
Forums

What are some anime/manga you feel has the most annoying elitists?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 6, 2021 8:24 AM

Nov 2020
Type I-

NGE, Technolyze, LoTGH, Serial Lain Experiment, FLCL- These fans just straight out think that those who haven't scored these anime 9-10 didn't understood its deep profound meaning.

Type II-

AOT, HxH, FMAB- Yooooo Dude My anime is better pEaK fIcTiOn it is, fCk MAPPA they ruined AOT with CGI, where's YSBG. HxH is the best sHoUnEn nothing comes close to it, wut are u saying bro its not boring. FMAB bEsT aNiMe in this world, iT deserves the no.1 place even tho no one respects it as one now LMAOO.

[Not everyone in the Type II are like that, some of them do be chill tho but many of them are like that]
CamelBowJul 6, 2021 8:29 AM

═════════════════════════════
You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

Jul 6, 2021 8:25 AM
Oct 2020
HxH fanboys. They attack everyone who dares to criticize their anime, manga, lie and are hypocritical if they want to show it better than it is.

Johan fanboys (Monster) - People love him simply to show that they have "good taste" as Monster is a grounded seinen. He wasn't that good of a character and how he does most of his actions are unexplained too. Urasawa wrote a character smarter than himself with Johan and played the "smart and charismatic card" all to often. He really wasn't as good as people tell him to be. Any such character can't be amazing yet people talk about him as if he is the best thing since sliced bread. Johan Liebert is massively, massively overrated. He only achieves anything because the author bends over backwards to give him every possible advantage.

MetalMoTyrantJul 6, 2021 8:34 AM
Jul 6, 2021 8:27 AM

Sep 2020
as much as i love eva, it definitely has the most annoying fanbase. most (not all, some are surprisingly chill) attack on titan fans as well, like okay you can do anything about the studio change, stop acting as if you can.
Jul 6, 2021 8:44 AM

Aug 2020
this is aside the question, how the fuck u guys find\ talk to elitists? i know elitists exist but i don't have a hatred for them like you people
Jul 17, 2021 8:40 AM
Jul 2020
tokyo ghoul by far, they won't stop until you admit that their series is perfect even if it isn't that good
Jul 17, 2021 9:15 AM
Nov 2020
I think the obvious answers right now are AOT and FMAB.

The thing that sets them appart for me is that AOT's fanbase mostly consists of children, whereas FMAB elitsts are mostly adult men that act like children.
That's why AOT elitists don't annoy me as much as FMAB's, I am also an AOT fan myself so that might also contribute to that.
Besides, the AOT fanbase is much bigger at the moment so you come across AOT elitists more often.

Also, something i wanted to add is that we shouldn't let elitists' opinions influence our enjoyment of certain shows. if you think about it, hating something just because someone annoying loves it a bit to much is ridiculous. Everyone should try not to let their enjoyment of something get ruined by some random kid or some delusional shell of a man trolling online.
Gijs_Gans04Jul 17, 2021 9:25 AM
Jul 17, 2021 9:24 AM

Sep 2011
I think anti-elitists are more toxic, but maybe that's because I am usually on their receiving end.

"They escaped the weight of darkness,
to forge a path into the marrow of the spirit.
They chose to drown in a deeper vacancy,
an emptiness that quells the null,
a pool for the forgotten..."
Jul 17, 2021 9:32 AM

Aug 2019
Well every popular anime has them....i have encountered with fmab elitist,so fmab for me.
Jul 17, 2021 9:32 AM
Jul 2018
Attack on Titan. Some fans are like: "It's peak fiction! You just don't understand the deep meaning of it!" I swear, I won't be surprised, if they will found a sect one day and then go Jehovah's Witnesses-style from house to house and knock at your door. "Do you want to talk about our lord and savior, Eren Yaeger?" lol

Sometimes it's true for "typical elitist shows" as well, tho.
You know a discussion will be worthless and someone is somewhat self-absorbed, if they say shit like "you just don't understand it" for having a different opinion about it and they think that opinions about art can be objective.
Jul 17, 2021 9:41 AM
Oct 2019
Hmm I'll say ghibli fans and Aot fans
Jul 17, 2021 9:54 AM

Feb 2020
even as a great Evangelion fan i agree that some Eva fans are stupid elitists.
"you just don't understand it" is a meme.
but at least they are quieter as a few years before.

Sakuta002766 said:
Aot

All aot fans are annoying elitists

the fandom is terrible and shitty.
but not ALL aot fans are like this.
Jul 17, 2021 10:05 AM

Nov 2020
code geass is a great anime, but code geass fans and lelouch stans are insufferable. also not sure if chadren stans from aot were more annoying before or after chapter 138&9
Jul 17, 2021 10:13 AM

Apr 2012
I don’t know about Western fandom, but Russian elitists usually watch the classics of the 90s, because they think that if their favorite trendy anime did not come out in the 10s, then this already makes them experts with a fine taste. Personally, I have had bad experiences with fans of some shows like Hibike or 86, but I don't think if people can be called elitists because they just look for nice excuses for their gay ships or hate anyone who finds negative things about their favorite show.
Jul 17, 2021 10:26 AM

Oct 2019
adnan_ said:
Type I-

NGE, Technolyze, LoTGH, Serial Lain Experiment, FLCL- These fans just straight out think that those who haven't scored these anime 9-10 didn't understood its deep profound meaning.

Type II-

AOT, HxH, FMAB- Yooooo Dude My anime is better pEaK fIcTiOn it is, fCk MAPPA they ruined AOT with CGI, where's YSBG. HxH is the best sHoUnEn nothing comes close to it, wut are u saying bro its not boring. FMAB bEsT aNiMe in this world, iT deserves the no.1 place even tho no one respects it as one now LMAOO.

[Not everyone in the Type II are like that, some of them do be chill tho but many of them are like that]
U do be spitting some facts tho........
Jul 17, 2021 10:33 AM

Nov 2020
Shoko664 said:
adnan_ said:
Type I-

Type II-

U do be spitting some facts tho........
Yeah..... I know😎😎😎😎

You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

Jul 17, 2021 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
Elitists are everywhere. I have not seen much lately tho.
Jul 17, 2021 3:54 PM

Oct 2013
Every fandom of anything has its great side, but toxic side as well, including elitist that might be (and usually are, lol) the most toxic memebers of the fandom.

Although I encountered several fandoms that had many elitist whose elitism and toxicness was clearly visible:

1) Legend of the Galactic Heroes - thrashing every anime that is not the first LotGH (OVA version), and of course insulting other animes' fans. By that kind of behavior, just like @V1D1T said earlier, many people (including me) just started to really dislike the whole franchise after initially being actually interested in starting watching it. Do people with that kind of approach might miss a great show? Perhaps, but it's healthier to not be an associate of LotGH devoted fans whose main argument about greatness of LotGH and flawlessness of it is that other animes are shit and their fans are dumb.

2) Re:Zero - a lot of toxic fans who, unlike LotGH devoted fans, are not thrashing other fandoms for the most of the time (however they do it when there is any occassion), but rather prefer to either fight over their 2D waifus as if their lives depended on it, or just insult people who dare to say that the anime adaptation was not perfect. Insults are mostly classic ones, like "you are too stupid for this masterpiece and subtle details in dialogues, go back to your [enter popular anime's name]". What is even funnier is that even Light Novel readers, from what I noticed, received that kind of comments after sharing their thoughts on the anime.

3) Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - no need to explain a lot. We all know how some toxic FMAB fanatics like to manipulate scores of any anime that "dares" to reach mean score close to FMAB's one or to have bigger score than FMAB. A lot of people leaving 1/10 scores for that kind of anime (be it Steins;Gate, Attack on Titan, or Fruits Basket, or any anime fitting the conditions required to enrage FMAB fanatics) and having FMAB scored as 10/10 can't make a person think that some group of salty FMAB fans is not involved into that kind of stuff.

4) Gintama - "it gets better after over 9000 episodes", "you are unfunny person for sure if you don't like the jokes", "how dare you not like this anime", "your anime suck and you suck as well, better go watch Gintama". Phrases like these repeated like mantra might one day be ineffective, but as for now they are annoying as heck in their elitism and toxicity. Annoying to the point that perhaps a good show will lose potential viewers that wouldn't like its fandom acting like monkeys at the ZOO throwing poo on everyone who gets closer.

And last, but not least:

5) Attack on Titan - fandom that I am part of, but that has some toxic elitist in it as well. Though they are vocal minority, they are "loud" enough on the Internet to make people think that most of AoT fans are salty, grumpy elitists liking to be disrespectful towards other fandoms. The amount of toxicity that they spreaded back when Season 4 Part 1 was airing (insulting MAPPA, the studio responsible for the anime, for dumb reasons that looked like the peak of nitpicking), or even earlier, when "Great Pretender" had started airing (reason was simple: they downvoted the anime without watching it, simply because Wit Studio - that was responsible for Seasons 1-3 of AoT anime - resigned from adapting rest of the chapters from the manga).
Jul 17, 2021 5:26 PM
Jul 2018
i've had a few bad experiences with one piece fans who've genuinely expected people to sit down and watch all 900 current episodes of it..... insanity

close second would probably be eva but maybe that's just a personal gripe of mine because i thought it was good but not absolutely stellar like everyone always made it out to be
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

129 by FFandMMfan »»
4 minutes ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - Yesterday

17 by AverageRiceFan »»
5 minutes ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

71 by AverageRiceFan »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 3 hours ago

17 by Serafos »»
18 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

71 by AverageRiceFan »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.