Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Attack of titan final season episode 5 is considered as the greatest AOT episode. Do you agree. WHY?

Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 17, 2021 8:43 AM

Sep 2017
for me its my top 4 episode after Perfect Game, Hero, Midnight Sun and episode 6 season 2. if only they had done it better, this episode might become my top 3

as for the greatest, its not yet aired :)
Jan 25, 2021 7:18 AM
Oct 2020
I dont agree tho, I mean u need to wait until the series ended to pick which one is the best episode imo.
Jan 25, 2021 8:15 AM
Oct 2015
Nah, Hero is still better.

And midnight sun probably too.

But it defintely is the top 3 overall AOT episode.
Jan 25, 2021 6:20 PM

Sep 2020
Extremely good episode, but not the best no no no no
That belongs to either Hero or Midnight Sun
This is top 5 easily though
Apr 3, 2021 11:22 PM
Apr 2020
I absolutely agree, this episode has all the best aspects of Attack on Titan, it has the psychological horror that ensues when fighting against titans. While the entire situation is bleak, Captain Erwin Smith rallies the soldiers and charges to their death. The music was perfection, the voice acting was perfection, the feelings and emotion through the episode were so real. 10/10
Apr 4, 2021 5:02 AM

Jul 2019
It had the potential but didn't quite deliver at the end IMHO, still one of the best episodes for sure.
Apr 6, 2021 2:58 PM

May 2011
deg said:
every time Erwin says Susume aka the original keep moving forward line is shouted by him then that is the best episode

This guy gets it^

But ya. There is a lot of great episodes. Bystander is especially great, even for someone who knows nothing about the show. It is an amazing, bittersweet mini story; cool background on Grisha & you feel for that sergeant, who was, as appropriately named, a Bystander.

S1 Ep1 & the 1 where the female titan flattens Levi’s squad hit deeply as well and they are the darkest moments of the franchise. Levi passing by his dead squad was chilling and indeed did not require any words.

The episode where Levi takes Petra’s crest & then confronts her father was indescribable.

I think a lot of people forgot how spectacular season 1 was, which is such a shame. It was the best season by far, & the only 1 I watched 3 times (before seeing the other seasons). Would still watch again. The whole mystery of the basement and the Titans was very intriguing. Seeing the geniusness of Erwin Smith in action with his trustee aide Mike was tragically lost later on. It was also nice to have Hannes around along with all the recruits that made it to the survey corps. The moment where they listened to Erwin’s frightening speech and still stoodfast when their colleagues abandoned them, knowing death was waiting for them… peak attack titan there. The way Levi had complete faith in his commander… simply epic.
"Giving one's name to someone about to die is meaningless." - Hiko Seijuurou
"There are no miracles in this world; there are only accidents, inevitabilities, and what you are going to do. That is it." - Himura Yuu
"A sword is a weapon. Swordsmanship is learning how to kill. No pretty words you say will change that." - Hiko Seijuurou
Apr 6, 2021 3:10 PM
Aug 2020
RobinTheKing said:
nope, Season 3 Part 2 episode 5 (Hero) is the best one for me and I think this latest episode is far from its greatness.

Yeah, I agree. That one is easily the best
Apr 6, 2021 5:59 PM

Sep 2019
MoonDragon72 said:
RobinTheKing said:
nope, Season 3 Part 2 episode 5 (Hero) is the best one for me and I think this latest episode is far from its greatness.

Yeah, I agree. That one is easily the best
there's no best AOT episode actually. It do have best manga chapters though.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Apr 6, 2021 6:20 PM

Oct 2013
MrSwingingbison said:
Not the greatest, but its one of the greatest.

Yup, I think the same. It's not the best episode, but it's among the best episodes definitely (however if I were to choose my favore episode from Season 4 Part 1, I would choose episode 6).

I think that saying which episode from all episodes released up until now was the greatest is very hard, or even impossible, since Attack on Titan had many great episodes.

Personally, I liked a lot those episodes from Season 3 Part 2 that featured Erwin's charge and Levi's attack on Beast Titan.
Apr 6, 2021 6:59 PM

Mar 2021
You'd have a good argument if we were on the manga forums but for anime onlies it clearly loses to Hero and arguably Assault.
Apr 6, 2021 7:01 PM

Jan 2020
Season 2 episode 6 is still one of the greatest episodes ever

Apr 6, 2021 7:46 PM

Jul 2020
In my opinion, it's not the greatest AoT episode but I consider it to be one of the greatest
Apr 6, 2021 7:51 PM

Jul 2020
Adnash said:
MrSwingingbison said:
Not the greatest, but its one of the greatest.

Yup, I think the same. It's not the best episode, but it's among the best episodes definitely (however if I were to choose my favore episode from Season 4 Part 1, I would choose episode 6).

I think that saying which episode from all episodes released up until now was the greatest is very hard, or even impossible, since Attack on Titan had many great episodes.

Personally, I liked a lot those episodes from Season 3 Part 2 that featured Erwin's charge and Levi's attack on Beast Titan.

I could say exactly the same; most of my favorites come season 3 part 2 as well. My personal favorites being "The Basement," "That Day," "The Attack Titan," and "The Other Side of the Wall." But many people consider these as their favorites so it's nothing special
Apr 6, 2021 8:09 PM

Jul 2020
In the manga chapter, 100 was a groundbreaker for Eren's character as a protagonist.
If you think "Hero" and "Declaration of War" were amazing episodes...

Wait for
If you think Eren sacrificed for nothing, you're smoking

Apr 6, 2021 11:42 PM
Oct 2019
Personally, its not my number 1 favorite episode, but its definitely up there
Apr 7, 2021 2:43 AM
Feb 2021
Tbh Hero to me is still the best, and as a manga reader I don’t think there will be a better individual episode, but 117-122 (even if 122 is low-key overhyped) will be great.

Declaration of war had a massive controversy around the final scene and after a lot of thought, I think manga readers were onto something but they were way too toxic and it just turned into “OST bad” when it was more like “direction could’ve been better/more impactful”. Would love to go into detail one day.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

691 by Ninnox »»
Yesterday, 12:33 PM

» The one thing I dont understand now is, why WIT censored so much the violence?

MAQS - Dec 20, 2020

26 by SoughtLi »»
Apr 28, 7:26 PM

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.