Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Aug 18, 2023 11:53 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Re-watching this after having watched it while it was airing in late January 2021, so over 2 and a half years ago. Holy sh*t where does the time go. And yes yet again it didn't feel like I watched 2 episodes, but instead a whole movie that broke me inside (just a little, but the broken pieces are still there) by the end. Man I love Roxy's character so much; I remember dying inside a little as they parted ways, most likely not going to be seeing her for a long time. It has been a year and half for her though in teaching Rudeus, which is pretty damn long. I thought it was just a few weeks in which she stayed with them, but no, one and a half years. And in that time, she has brought Rudy up to be a SACRED-level water mage- at FOUR years old. Well yeah he is a smart baby by being an adult inside, but he was still new to this world and all so there's that. Being able to teach himself to read while he was still crawling probably helped though. Anyway yeah, Roxy demonstrates sacred-level water magic with summoning a freaking THUNDERSTORM. Ok I know sacred-level magic is pretty high already, but it's middle-of-the-pack stuff when considering the Royal, Imperial, and Divine levels still untapped. I thought you'd need DIVINE magic to summon a thunderstorm, but nope, sacred will do it just fine. Dang. Season 2 is airing right now, and I wonder what level he's at currently? He hasn't done anything CRAZY yet, so he's probably Royal, at most? Anyway, Roxy summons a lightning bolt accidentally on the nearby tree which also razes the horse. She panics, asking Rudeus what to do, in which he responds to simply use healing magic. They get the good old horse better and Roxy asks him to keep that between them. Again, man I love Roxy.

There's a few things that I had forgotten about, like Roxy mentioning the school of magic (Ranoa, was it?) that was beyond the mountains. Probably disregarded it the first time because I thought it didn't mean much, but we know now that Rudeus eventually goes to that school. Spoilers? Nah, but I'll say that the reason for him going that school is kind of spoilery- kind of? I also liked how they showed his trauma, how it was still prevalent in his mind and how he saw everyone else as staring at him and mocking him, and his fear of going outside. This is why this deserves to be and simply IS the father of isekai- because it's where the isekai aspect actually matters. All isekai airing today? Dude gets hit by truck and gets transported to new world, past life did not matter at all. Delete it from the script, it changes NOTHING. Here, it is still living rent-free in Rudeus' head. His past life influences the decisions he makes in this life, where he now gets a second chance, in a body not fat and ugly. Naturally you'd think it detestable that he chose to stay that way instead of at least trying to improve himself in his previous life. But that just goes to show how broken a character he is on the inside. He isn't strong; he's magic-strong, but he's not character-strong.... but maybe this new world will help fix that eventually. Now he has people to help him overcome his weaknesses, like Roxy who proves yet again to be just another fricken S-tier of a character on all fronts as she is the one to help Rudy finally no longer fear stepping outside.

Wont't ramble on in every episode on this rewatch, just wanted to share my appreciation for this series once again after finishing these first 2 episodes which I remember absolutely loving. That's probably mainly because of Roxy but it's a good show of course on top of that. I'm so excited to experience this all over again. And frankly, it still feels new, like I'm watching it for the first time almost. It's show that's deeper than most, one with layers, which you can peel back and enjoy time and time again. I hope to enjoy this re-watch so much enough to raise my score from an 8 to a 9.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 19, 2023 12:08 PM

Feb 2015
I find this series so far to be a pleasant surprise. Yes I have an issue with the premise itself, its execution, and with its glaring plot-hole, but efforts were made in this episode to cover the hole; with relative success.

One positive thing I want to mention is the present depth. Most anime either pretend to have meaning, depth, something to say, or drop the pretension right from the go. This anime, so far, is different. What seemed like a story written for self-gratification (nothing really wrong with that) turns out that it actually has something to say, that it carries meaning, and a corresponding psychological layer.

How well this layer is being treated, and what is being said by the author through it, are two separate questions, which cannot fully be answered after two episodes in any case. But the presence cannot be denied.
AkiFosuAug 19, 2023 12:13 PM
Sep 2, 2023 7:45 PM
May 2020
Small but important steps
Sep 3, 2023 1:04 AM

Nov 2018
damn MC was a disgusting prick
Oct 15, 2023 6:31 PM
Apr 2017
except the animation what redeeming qualities does this anime even have
Oct 17, 2023 3:46 AM
Dec 2022
We got a new sensei in Roxy and this is the beginning of the MC's training.
Oct 17, 2023 9:45 AM
Oct 2023
Trash just trash this anime is noo good pls don't watch this anime this anime for no brainers
Nov 6, 2023 6:30 PM

Apr 2016
Well that's off to a great start. I hope Roxy will show up very soon again...
Nov 9, 2023 12:56 PM

Sep 2023
zxczxczxczxczxczxc
Dec 13, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2023
Damn, what were those scenes bruddah
Mar 26, 1:11 AM
Dec 2022
WHAT WAS THAT SCENE AT THE START OF THE EPISODE LMAOOO'

Roxy is a demon Superd Rudy magic strong now oh dear trauma zayum Rudy gonna get stronger than Roxy
birthday presents
Cumulonimbus crazy saint level water mage

pain roxy leaving trauma healed W

ending YAY kinda fire
Mar 30, 10:50 PM
May 2023
Very good episode, Roxy making the "affidavit" is just as lewd as Rudeus (they are perfect for each other) and I wonder how old she is? because it can be between 15/20, like between 100 and 500 hahaha
Good combination between the memories/traumas of the protagonist's past with his new life. Now that I pay more attention than the first time, Roxy feels "inferior" because she can't do spells/incantations without saying the words, while Rudeus can... aside from being able to use powerful magic at his age,
Even so, he continued training and helping him, in fact it made him overcome or at least cope... being away from home, cute time.
The part where Roxy leaves the town was like at the very end of something, the way they did it, her walking calmly while having the beautiful sunset in the background combined with the music and Rudeus' parents crying hahaha very well done.

PS: Rudeus kept an interesting memory of Roxy... my god haha

PS2: The last attack that Roxy teaches Rudeus, it looks WOW but a little disappointing... the attack was a storm and that's it hahaha
Apr 25, 9:33 AM

Jan 2021
Episode starts: A girl buttering her muffin
Episode ends: Emotional feels, Oh and I have her panties. Like normal.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is Season 2, Part 1 as good as Season 1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Apr 24

23 by R0r5ch4ch »»
Yesterday, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

467 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

229 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

336 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

439 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.