Forum Settings
Forums
New
Is cheating a crime or a mental illness in the west?
Yes
30.6%
No
35.5%
La la la la not listening you Scumbag!
33.9%
121 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 14, 2020 10:12 PM

Jul 2013
It is if it's related to elections. Mexico for instance, suffered years of electoral fraud, because of politicians cheating, being incompetent and selling each other's votes.

On the other hand, cheating in sports isn't exactly a crime, but it can make you look more like an asshole on steroids.

Point shaving is counterproductive also and can make look as much of an ego.

If you want to get into sports to become a role model, then forget about cheating. Last thing you need as a role model is having everyone alienate you and talk behind your back.
Dec 14, 2020 10:24 PM

Apr 2010
I seriously think you're trying to convince yourself that cheating is not bad and not us. Are you sure you just don't feel guilty about doing it and you're making all these threads to try and justify cheating?
Dec 14, 2020 11:14 PM

Aug 2019
Ghemotoc said:
JohnFalstaff said:

The question is rather when are you ever satisfied?

Would you be satisfied if a man told you that they kept themselves reserved for their partner or would you belittle the man for not being "successful"?

Would you be satisfied if a man slept with lots of women and told you that they do not suffer from problems that women would suffer from sleeping with others like the inability to pairbond or microchimerisms spoiling their eggs?

Clearly it does not matter what a man answers, for he is always wrong in the eyes of society. That is because society is the enemy of man. A devil summoned by the female.

Okay basically you fucked around but somehow for you it's okay, but for a woman that makes her worthless. What matters here isn't wether you conform to my or society's expectations, but to the ones you have for others.

Meh. Smoothbrain words salada trying to pass as logic, with a pinch of religious fearmongering about the evil temptresses.

A man fucking around is not the same as a woman doing so. That much is derived from views on sexuality and how sexual behavior manifests in humans
I don't think fucking around makes a woman worthless but I think promiscuous behavior is extremely unappealing on women. You can't force people to celebrate your promiscuity
Dec 15, 2020 12:56 AM
Jul 2018
I don't know about the second part, seems pretty dumb to not just break up with someone and then hook up.
Dec 15, 2020 1:15 AM
Jul 2018
People are using this site for anime-related stuff, not to read an ease conscience thread made by a pussy maniac who doesn't have enough will to control his instincts.

Just because many people are doing it doesn't mean it isn't wrong. If you don't have enough will to hold back yourself from fucking someone different than your partner then you are a scum who doesn't think about other people's feelings. You are failed as a human being. Go and think about your life again and try to be a better person.
removed-userDec 15, 2020 1:30 AM
Dec 15, 2020 2:00 AM
Jul 2018
BasedAkko said:

188841923 said:
People are using this site for anime-related stuff, not to read an ease conscience thread made by a pussy maniac who doesn't have enough will to control his instincts.

Just because many people are doing it doesn't mean it isn't wrong. If you don't have enough will to hold back yourself from fucking someone different than your partner then you are a scum who doesn't think about other people's feelings. You are failed as a human being. Go and think about your life again and try to be a better person.

Then stay out of Casual Discussion and don’t click on my threads. Anime Discussion is that way. ↖️

Unluckily your thread was on "Popular New Topics"
Anyways, I was wrong in my first 8 words, I didn't know this website has casual discussion part, that's my bad. However, after the first comma part of my comment still stands.
Dec 15, 2020 2:44 AM

Jul 2015
_DarkYagami_ said:
Ghemotoc said:

Okay basically you fucked around but somehow for you it's okay, but for a woman that makes her worthless. What matters here isn't wether you conform to my or society's expectations, but to the ones you have for others.

Meh. Smoothbrain words salada trying to pass as logic, with a pinch of religious fearmongering about the evil temptresses.

A man fucking around is not the same as a woman doing so. That much is derived from views on sexuality and how sexual behavior manifests in humans
I don't think fucking around makes a woman worthless but I think promiscuous behavior is extremely unappealing on women. You can't force people to celebrate your promiscuity

and you're seriously delusional if you believe the average woman with a working brain is into edgy Chads who spent more time doing poush-ups over hoes than reading books.
Dec 15, 2020 6:56 AM

Jul 2017
Cheating isn't a crime or a mental illness your right. I will say though that if you can't be comfortable in a relationship you should make it clear to your partner that you want an open relationship, or break up with them. I don't really care which, to be honest. I just don't get why you're in a relationship to start with if you don't wanna be exclusive with that person. You can sleep with, and go on dates with whoever you want if you aren't in a relationship and then you don't have to worry about hurting a partner. Doubt anyone would even judge you for that, to be honest. But as it stands, with you cheating, you kind of just seem like a massive piece of shit I'ma be real chief.
Dec 15, 2020 7:15 AM
Oct 2018
Interesting question, actually. I wouldn't call it a crime ofc and maybe not even mental illness. But one has to wonder: Why would a person cheat time and time again (not specifically referring to OP). Isn't so unreasonable to assume something's going on in the bg.
--
Dec 15, 2020 8:27 AM

Apr 2010
@BasedAkko

Why don't you break the cycle then? What you're doing is destructive and won't end well in the end. One day she'll find out and what if you have kids when that day comes? their lives will suck cause of choices you made. I don't know man, you can do what you want, I'm not gonna judge you like other people in this thread. I'll just say you should probably do the right thing and tell her. Even if she is cheating as well like you said, you could suggest an open relationship. However in my opinion if you knew you were the cheating type it would have probably been best to suggest an open relationship at the beginning.
Dec 15, 2020 10:52 AM

Apr 2010
BasedAkko said:
Zeroflamez said:
@BasedAkko

Why don't you break the cycle then? What you're doing is destructive and won't end well in the end. One day she'll find out and what if you have kids when that day comes? their lives will suck cause of choices you made. I don't know man, you can do what you want, I'm not gonna judge you like other people in this thread. I'll just say you should probably do the right thing and tell her. Even if she is cheating as well like you said, you could suggest an open relationship. However in my opinion if you knew you were the cheating type it would have probably been best to suggest an open relationship at the beginning.

When you are a kid you don’t know if your life sucks or not. When I was a kid I was without many things that are normal in other households but I was still a happy kid. My parents divorce when I was a toddler but my dad lived 5 mins away so it was fine.

Life isn’t perfect. There is dysfunction in many households it just comes in various forms. I would argue that those with easier lives turn out softer and those with harder lives turn out stronger anyway. The kids will survive. The kids will make it. Sure the mother may turn them against me but if th try are like me at all that won’t work. My mother tried to turn me against my dad too.

Dude now that's just Bullshit. A kid knows if their life sucks if it's bad enough. When I was a kid I was unhappy and knew my life was crap. Sure I was happy sometimes but most of the time I wasn't. I had no dad, my mother was a hard substance abuser that would verbally abuse me and put me through hell. The fact that you are willing to put any future kids through tough times just because you're too selfish to tell your fiance you cheat on her despite being able to prevent it is just sad.
Dec 16, 2020 8:07 AM
Jul 2018
vuxk said:
operationvalkyri said:

I said I couldn't imagine the why you would need to insist on justifying your actions; I already know the how of course. Quite tiresome.

Because 2>1, it's so clear when you don't let your heart gets in the way. Anyway, I haven't cheated but I had a friend back in high school who did. He asked me whether I still won't cheat when my future partner in life becomes old and ugly, I couldn't answer that. That's boys talk, but I suppose girls have their own talks? What if your future partner no longer cares about you, but you don't want your kids to suffer because of your selfish decision? Are you still won't cheat?
Why shouldn't one let their heart get in the way?
Re: girl talk, it is better for kids to see parents who are split up and happy than parents who are miserable and consequently make their kids miserable.
Dec 17, 2020 3:21 AM

Jan 2020
operationvalkyri said:
vuxk said:

Because 2>1, it's so clear when you don't let your heart gets in the way. Anyway, I haven't cheated but I had a friend back in high school who did. He asked me whether I still won't cheat when my future partner in life becomes old and ugly, I couldn't answer that. That's boys talk, but I suppose girls have their own talks? What if your future partner no longer cares about you, but you don't want your kids to suffer because of your selfish decision? Are you still won't cheat?
Re: girl talk, it is better for kids to see parents who are split up and happy than parents who are miserable and consequently make their kids miserable.

Because love is war.

Sigh Valkryie nee-chan, divorce is only advantageous to women...

Btw it's a bit disheartening to find that even a mature woman like you is quick to divorce someone. Unlike nowadays, women of past generations stay beside their husbands through thick and thin. There is no hope for men of this generation and beyond.
"You misunderstood from the very beginning. You just believed what you wanted to believe."
Rei Ayanami
Dec 17, 2020 5:50 AM

Jul 2015
vuxk said:
operationvalkyri said:

Because love is war.

Btw it's a bit disheartening to find that even a mature woman like you is quick to divorce someone. Unlike nowadays, women of past generations stay beside their husbands through thick and thin. There is no hope for men of this generation and beyond.

So disappointing to see women don't stick with men who make them miserable anymore. Wow, western society is really losing all its moral values. Can't even beat the mother of your children when you need to vent or you end up single, paying for child support. Smh.

Also your friend's argument is BS, his highschool gf wasn't old and wrinkled. If your partner is old and wrinkled chances are you are too, so tell me wich 20yo cutie is gonna go for you according to that "logic".
Your friend was just rationalizing hard and looking for excuses.
Dec 17, 2020 8:15 AM

Jan 2020
BasedAkko said:
vuxk said:

Because love is war.

The marriage vows are not taken seriously from the beginning. People make a fuss about fidelity but what about for better or for worse, in sickness and in health until death do us part? If I am truly sick for being a cheater then by that logic shouldn’t my girl stay with me and nurse me back to health? Instead women only care about how great their wedding day is going to be when it’s supposed to be a celebration of love and unity not the venue and the cake and the pictures etc. But men are expected to be enthusiastic about entering into this contract that can be broken at any time when the woman decides she would rather take the house and kids for herself and call on daddy government for assistance.

It's a bit of twisted logic, but I get what you mean. There is a quote by Kahlil Gibran, “If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were.” There is a certain truth in his statement and it applies to your situation. The fact that you keep returning to her should be enough to show that you love her. Alas, human beings are selfish so it almost never works that way. I think the reason people are so disinclined to the idea is because it pushes the boundary and asks people to enter the realm of platonic love, where one loves another unconditionally.

Yeah, I don't get their infatuation with the ceremony either, I think it's superfluous lol. Your concern about divorce is valid as well. A few days ago, I searched for the old posts about MGTOW cause you showed me that video on another thread. IDK if this post is true or not, but the shit that the guy went through is quite something.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1703407&show=0#msg54103291
"You misunderstood from the very beginning. You just believed what you wanted to believe."
Rei Ayanami
Dec 17, 2020 8:16 AM

Jan 2020
Ghemotoc said:
vuxk said:

Because love is war.

So disappointing to see women don't stick with men who make them miserable anymore. Wow, western society is really losing all its moral values. Can't even beat the mother of your children when you need to vent or you end up single, paying for child support. Smh.

Also your friend's argument is BS, his highschool gf wasn't old and wrinkled. If your partner is old and wrinkled chances are you are too, so tell me wich 20yo cutie is gonna go for you according to that "logic".
Your friend was just rationalizing hard and looking for excuses.

I only asked Valkyrie what would she do if her partner no longer cares about her, that much and she decided to divorce her partner. She failed my test spectacularly and her decision reflects the general mentality of women in the current times.

Well, we were high school students so of course we were dumb. But the point I'm trying to make is, there are many things that could go wrong down the road so to claim that one will never cheat is premature. To address your other question, as long as you have money everything is available and it applies to both sexes.
Rei Ayanami
Dec 17, 2020 11:06 AM
Jul 2018
vuxk said:
operationvalkyri said:

Because love is war.

What do you mean love is war? lol. This is relationship talk and love is paramount in this discussion.

Also, what do you mean "quick to divorce"??? You say that my hypothetical partner does not care about me anymore. How is that a trivial reason? Who in their right mind would want to stick around with someone who does not care about one??? It would be bad for me, my mental health, my self esteem and consequently my attitude towards the people around me, my kids. Having a depressed mother is not at all ideal, believe me. And what about the dude who does not care about me anymore? He would be happier without the chains of the marriage. I find it laughable that you think staying together would be an option. Like I said, for me love is paramount in a marriage. I will only marry for love and I will only stay in it for love. I do not care a fig about any financial advantages or others. If the dude is worried about his finances (provided that he earns more than me which is not at all guaranteed, how can you assume I do not earn well?), he should get us to sign a prenuptial agreement which I am not at all against. Divorce must be horrible because it signifies the end of a relationship that must have started out with a lot of love. But sticking around in a relationship that has effectively ended in the hearts and minds is a sunk cost that I am not willing to bear.
Dec 17, 2020 11:31 PM

Jan 2020
operationvalkyri said:
vuxk said:

Because love is war.

What do you mean love is war? lol. This is relationship talk and love is paramount in this discussion.

Also, what do you mean "quick to divorce"??? You say that my hypothetical partner does not care about me anymore. How is that a trivial reason? Who in their right mind would want to stick around with someone who does not care about one??? It would be bad for me, my mental health, my self esteem and consequently my attitude towards the people around me, my kids. Having a depressed mother is not at all ideal, believe me. And what about the dude who does not care about me anymore? He would be happier without the chains of the marriage. I find it laughable that you think staying together would be an option. Like I said, for me love is paramount in a marriage. I will only marry for love and I will only stay in it for love. I do not care a fig about any financial advantages or others. If the dude is worried about his finances (provided that he earns more than me which is not at all guaranteed, how can you assume I do not earn well?), he should get us to sign a prenuptial agreement which I am not at all against. Divorce must be horrible because it signifies the end of a relationship that must have started out with a lot of love. But sticking around in a relationship that has effectively ended in the hearts and minds is a sunk cost that I am not willing to bear.

See? This is what's wrong with women nowadays, thank you for being honest and telling us what your clan really think about men. Although, I have to say that's an overly entitled one. If you find yourself in that kind of situation, you should ask yourself why your partner no longer cares about you. Is that because of you? Cause and effect. But you dismiss the first and focus solely on the latter, you view men like dogs that should give you affection at all times unconditionally.

I don't blame you because other women think like that too. Instead of trying to remember what you've been going through together and fix the situation, women this day choose to bail simply because they feel deserving. The thought doesn't even cross the mind, men are doomed. Kids used to be the uniting factor but they're an afterthought now. I think it would be wiser if you divorce your hypothetical partner after the kids grow older and understand the situation.

I agree that a prenuptial agreement would be fair for both sides. I support women to sign that up before they get married.
vuxkDec 17, 2020 11:37 PM
Rei Ayanami
Dec 18, 2020 1:31 AM
Jul 2018
It's not a crime or mental illness in the west. It does display a lack of moral integrity and intiative though. If you are unsatisfied with a relationship, it should be discussed. One party should not backstab the other.
Dec 18, 2020 1:37 AM

May 2013
OP you're getting married, right? You can't be cheatin' on your wife, man! XD

Yeah, I understand that it's actually pretty common. If you do it then she probably does too. That doesn't mean you can't be together, I guess.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Dec 18, 2020 7:19 AM
Jul 2018
vuxk said:
operationvalkyri said:

See? This is what's wrong with women nowadays, thank you for being honest and telling us what your clan really think about men. Although, I have to say that's an overly entitled one. If you find yourself in that kind of situation, you should ask yourself why your partner no longer cares about you. Is that because of you? Cause and effect. But you dismiss the first and focus solely on the latter, you view men like dogs that should give you affection at all times unconditionally.

I don't blame you because other women think like that too. Instead of trying to remember what you've been going through together and fix the situation, women this day choose to bail simply because they feel deserving. The thought doesn't even cross the mind, men are doomed. Kids used to be the uniting factor but they're an afterthought now. I think it would be wiser if you divorce your hypothetical partner after the kids grow older and understand the situation.

I agree that a prenuptial agreement would be fair for both sides. I support women to sign that up before they get married.
BasedAkko said:
operationvalkyri said:

So what about the marriage vows where it says, “for better or for worse?”

This is the problem. This is why women are making it harder for themselves to find a husband. Any sensible person, man or woman, should be able to se that love isn’t eternal. You don’t know how you are going or feel about that person you are with tomorrow let along 40 years from now. And so you enter an agreement that you will stay together for life no matter what. This is what marriage is meant to be about. It’s about being a strong unit working together as one and you won’t always love or like each other but you agree to stay together and fight through any troubles that you may face from within or from without. Divorce was a mistake. Only annulment should be permitted. Henry VIII fucked it up and things have only gotten worse since.

@vuxk I just read that thread you linked. Tnt_man truly represents what the true MGTOW is all about. On MAL people think MGTOW is some incel political movement. The real MGTOW is about men who have woken up to the reality that they face in relationships. A man who hasn’t been burned by a woman in a relationship is not a MGTOW. How the fuck would he know unless he has experienced it first hand? And so it is impossible for an incel to be a MGTOW because by definition an incel can’t or has not yet been able to even date and sleep with one woman, therefore he has no reason to worry about what a woman could do to him in divorce court or any court.

https://www.amazon.com/MGTOW-Why-Cheat-Stories-Freedom/dp/1985019302

There is a fundamental difference in our perspectives. You and BannedAkko define marriage as physical togetherness while I define it as emotional togetherness. I value the "to love and to cherish" part of the vows more. I will look for an attempt from my partner to not break that promise.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» How do you feel about your digital footprint becoming your digital tombstone?

Shizuna - 4 hours ago

7 by LightWorker »»
1 minute ago

» Do you love anyone in your life?

LenRea - Mar 31

36 by LightWorker »»
9 minutes ago

» Have you ever really sit down and really think about the short term and long term effects of AI in your industry?

tsukareru - May 5

20 by LightWorker »»
42 minutes ago

» Have you ever put someone on the 'Ignored Users' list?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

11 by Maou_heika »»
52 minutes ago

» Do you collect trading cards?

Malkshake - Apr 30

33 by Hitagi__Furude »»
53 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.