Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 29, 2020 2:43 AM
Jul 2018

[In reference to the video.]

Memes aside, the character Yoshizawa only appears (or contributes to the plot) in roughly 15 minutes of the 240-minute series. Narrow it down to when he's not on screen or talking, and it's only about 10-minute screentime. That's literally less than 6% of the anime... and considering this, I don't even know if Yoshizawa could still be considering a supporting (or even recurring) character!

Please take note of 7:36 in the video. This is the very last time he's shown to approach Akira in the anime. You can hear the disappointment and defeat in his voice after she disappears from him yet again. Again, this is the last time he's shown to take an interest in her. The same goes for the manga. Pretty sad. ;(
This point becomes even more sad if you read the spoiler in the section below.

-+-+-+-+-+-

And side note/spoiler regarding the character (that I thought I'd leave here since he's seldom spoken of on the internet):

^ Definitely made me sad. :(
removed-userSep 29, 2020 3:49 AM
Sep 29, 2020 3:47 AM
Jul 2018
SPOILER:
Brief character-analysis irony.

[A] Right off the bat, let me say that it's no secret Yoshizawa crushes on Akira hard. Throughout the first half of the anime, he actively approaches her asking for her number (in a pure manner). In my above post, I acknowledged 7:36 from the video... that was indeed sad. But even if he stopped pursuing Akira (as in, he got her (blunt) message)... well... I THINK it's still implied that he's got a thing for chicks with long, black hair. This is because, during his outing with Nishada, he's shown to eye a chick with black hair (that resembles Akira). I don't know if it's because he digs black hair -- or if, maybe, he's 'not' over Akira -- but whatever the case, it's something to take note of.

With the exposition out of the way, the primary point I'm trying to make is how IRONIC it is that Yoshizawa didn't accept Nishida's confession. This is because, you guessed it, her hair.

[B] During his outing with Nishada, he makes comment of her hair, and states that he likes it. There are also panels that focus in on Nishida's hair, as if it's significant in someway. Furthermore, after the date, he's shown (without any emphasis) blushing at her haircut. I think the text beside him indicated that he liked it. Furthermore, he's constantly the subject of her haircuts... and above all else, my note with the greatest emphasis: the moment during the anime in which Nishada and Yoshizawa talk about things that make their hearts flutter. Yoshizawa makes it clear that he likes the color yellow (which is a characteristic of his hair, and if you noticed, his school outfit).
... and, ahem, what color is Nishida's hair.

Taking into consideration Paragraphs A and B, I now rest my case in the character irony of Takashi Yoshizawa. His heart is initially set on a character with hair that couldn't be further from the color yellow. Then, when a character with yellow hair expresses an interest in him, he turns down the offer. During their outing (which wasn't a date, by the way), he's outright shown to be distracted from blonde-haired Nishida as someone with dark (black, as I say) hair passes them by.

Something. To. Take. Note. Of.
Just sayin'.

(P.S. I apologize for the lack of screenshots. If you read the manga, you'll know what I'm talking about.)
Sep 29, 2020 5:33 AM

Aug 2016
Well good, I sure don't want to see him more than that.
People who uses MAL forums are mostly bug people, take their speech with a grain of salt.
Professional Supreme Gentleman - 恋人はあなたが選んだ兄弟です
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimeElitism/ (AnimeElitism Reddit)
https://discord.gg/4kdGsFG (Dead Discord)
2静か先生88#7307
Sep 29, 2020 11:08 PM
Jul 2018
2shizukasensei88 said:
Well good, I sure don't want to see him more than that.

Guess some people really didn't vibe with triangle-hair. 😵
Aug 5, 2021 6:13 PM
Jul 2020
I just finished reading After the Rain and I was left feeling empty. Not because of the ending, which in my opinion is good, but because of the change of mood Takashi shows near the end of the manga.

"But damn, I couldn't have found his fate anymore impactful." I honestly couldn't agree more. Even though he wasn't shown much I was still impacted by the very few panels he was seen in the last chapter.

I'm not great when it comes to words so I can't really describe my emotions, but I guess you can get a glimpse of how I feel if I found your post.

More topics from this board

» How many chapters did the anime adapt?

TsutanaiFuun - May 22, 2023

6 by OG_Otaku »»
Jun 4, 2023 10:01 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Chapter 82 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

15 by potplant »»
Jan 23, 2023 10:35 PM

Poll: » The End Chapter 82 (Spoilers)

AsT5 - Mar 31, 2018

22 by jay4ubaby »»
Dec 16, 2022 5:15 PM

» I need help with this...

Rxfvlll - Apr 16, 2022

15 by RaymanM »»
Nov 1, 2022 5:54 AM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Chapter 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2015

3 by Dropes »»
Mar 28, 2021 7:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.