Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 4, 2020 5:27 PM

Oct 2020
Futari_no_Ossan said:
vosake said:

I think this is a bad idea {the work comment, not everything else), especially if one: you dont have work due to the current conditions and two: if you do, you shouldnt eat where you shi*... if you can avoid it.

Hmmm... not eating where you shiii is one of my personal principles but I'm curious as to why you think so in term of meeting people irl? In general I avoid sexual relation in my workplace unless the girl is too good to pass up (in case things go awry, my face is thicc enough to see the girls everyday but a woman's grudge shouldn't be taken lightly) but I still socialize with my coworkers, nothing wrong with that... or is it?

Hey absolutely nothing wrong with socializing with co-workers as long as you understand the environment. Let me explain my own opinions more in depth.

Usually when people say they want to meet people easier irl, the first thing people go to is just meet them at work. The problem with that besides it being your money maker is it depends on what type of environment you work in.

I read on a forum a while back about a comment someone made about how different work environments let you get away with different stuff.
An example would be, I used to work in the oil field. And the random, outlandish stuff I heard on a daily basis as well as the shenanigans were crazy, but no one was also running to HR.

So a certain type of demeanor was required in that type of environment. And Im positive there was a lot of behind the scenes sexing going on between multiple people in the office :O

Where if its more of a corporate/white collar type job, those people also "expect" you to put on your socializing mask and play watercooler talk, and not make too many waves...
Also of course there are those situations where you if make the wrong person mad or you hurt someones' feelings for even something as little as you wouldnt chat with them in a certain way, then theirs that HR talk coming a bit too fast.

So my own personal philosophy is try and keep the work stuff work, unless of course like you said the person you want to pursue is just amazing haha. (Always an exception to the rule)
Oct 4, 2020 5:30 PM

Oct 2020
I currently don't, haha. I'm sure it's all hobby based, but I need to get my mental health sorted out first.

The opportune thing would be to go to an Anime Expo or something but freaking COVID prevents that to a degree.
Oct 4, 2020 5:35 PM
Jul 2018
I meet people through martial arts and work. Not to say I'm ever socially comfortable - I am an anime fan, after all. But I do interact quite a bit through those two places. OP, you are right when you say doing IRL hobbies is the best way to meet people in real life. It takes an effort that involves linking areas of interest with other people.
Oct 4, 2020 5:49 PM

Sep 2020
vosake said:
Hey absolutely nothing wrong with socializing with co-workers as long as you understand the environment. Let me explain my own opinions more in depth.

Usually when people say they want to meet people easier irl, the first thing people go to is just meet them at work. The problem with that besides it being your money maker is it depends on what type of environment you work in.

I read on a forum a while back about a comment someone made about how different work environments let you get away with different stuff.
An example would be, I used to work in the oil field. And the random, outlandish stuff I heard on a daily basis as well as the shenanigans were crazy, but no one was also running to HR.

So a certain type of demeanor was required in that type of environment. And Im positive there was a lot of behind the scenes sexing going on between multiple people in the office :O

Where if its more of a corporate/white collar type job, those people also "expect" you to put on your socializing mask and play watercooler talk, and not make too many waves...
Also of course there are those situations where you if make the wrong person mad or you hurt someones' feelings for even something as little as you wouldnt chat with them in a certain way, then theirs that HR talk coming a bit too fast.

So my own personal philosophy is try and keep the work stuff work, unless of course like you said the person you want to pursue is just amazing haha. (Always an exception to the rule)

Ah I understand it better now, thanks. Now that I remember it, some of my jokes did offend people back then, especially those who are sensitive to dark and macabre humor or dry/sarcastic humor. Since then, I've learned to make my jokes E-for-everyone to play it safe aka "watercooler talk" like you so aptly described

It becomes such a natural habit that I totally forgot about those issues that you mentioned that I myself have had the misfortune to encounter in the past. Nowadays in this PC age, it definitely is something that we should be more aware of in regard to jokes, never know when we'll get caught by a SJW at work lol

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8rSgYdcdZUSXXqVJhNwLw
Oct 4, 2020 5:59 PM

Oct 2020
Futari_no_Ossan said:
vosake said:

Ah I understand it better now, thanks. Now that I remember it, some of my jokes did offend people back then, especially those who are sensitive to dark and macabre humor or dry/sarcastic humor. Since then, I've learned to make my jokes E-for-everyone to play it safe aka "watercooler talk" like you so aptly described

It becomes such a natural habit that I totally forgot about those issues that you mentioned that I myself have had the misfortune to encounter in the past. Nowadays in this PC age, it definitely is something that we should be more aware of in regard to jokes, never know when we'll get caught by a SJW at work lol

Yeah ever since I've come into a more corporate work environment its been quite the eye opener with all the super pc people, and people taddling to HR.
I just avoid the people who seem a little too nice, and stay work professional with a very large majority of everyone else. There are small exceptions as I couldnt enjoy work if I perpetuated a stoneface at all times xD

I used to crack jokes too, but as you alluded, people will say something about it behind your back so easier to just avoid the drama when possible.

Doing hobbies with like minded people outside of your money maker is definitely the way to go(imho) for meeting people IRL.
Oct 5, 2020 7:57 AM

Aug 2007
Nowadays, I meet people at work, and sometimes I meet their friends and so on. I recently got laid off but I still talk to some of them.

Haven't deliberately met with anyone outside school and work setting, to be honest.
もろともに
哀れと思へ
山桜

花より外に
知る人もなし.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

Except for you, lonely friend,
To others I am unknown.

Oct 5, 2020 8:01 AM

Jun 2014
I don't, although I sometimes have lengthy conversations with people at yard sales, but these people are usually my parents/grandparents' age, as I avoid young people due to their phobia of speaking to people that they don't know.

Feb 2, 2021 11:17 AM
Elder Emo

Jan 2013
Now that I'm out of school, mainly through work or being willing to meet friends of friends. However, covid really made all this all more difficult since I work from home now.

One of these days when things get more back to normal, I may join a book club or something to that extent to meet people with similar interests.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

39 by ProGoddess »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 4 hours ago

7 by ProGoddess »»
17 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

25 by KitsuFrost »»
31 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 10 hours ago

5 by Zettaiken »»
33 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

49 by Meusnier »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.