Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 17, 2020 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
vuxk said:
_Maneki-Neko_ said:

That's a very cliched view on depressions. If you then finally get the energy to do something, ofc most would spend time with something they still can enjoy in their life.

Depression doesn't automatically mean that you are that "sad UwU". For me it was and is, that I have really low energy level and can't bring myself to do stuff. And if I do, it costs a lot more energy than it should take, on some days something like daily tasks etc.

Of course that gets worse in loneliness and when you get too much time for yiurself to overthink stuff and no goals in addition to that, you fall even more into a negative mindset. But it's not that easy and no reason to doubt what he's going through and it's not that simple that you are just caring what happens in the past.

Also a depression doesn't exclude a possible addiction either.

It's not cliche, I'm being as objective as I possibly could. My opinion is based on ICD-10 and according to the manual, these are the symptoms of depression in addition to the three most typical ones I've already mentioned:

at least 2 weeks of lowered mood, anhedonia, reduced energy, reduced concentration, sleep disturbances, reduced appetite, self-confidence reduced, feelings of guilt and worthlessness, psychomotor retardation or agitation, loss of libido

But you're right that not having one of the symptoms doesn't automatically rule out depression. I think the number of symptoms OP has would determine the severity and the examination should be performed by a pro. Still, there is a self-assessment instrument (QIDS-SR16) that OP could use to have a general idea:

@Holo-_-

Well yes, my response was more to "it's not that easy to tell someone "get a job instead of playing video games" in such phases.
Also such tests are only a first tool, yes tho everyone got based on thekr personality, brain chemistry and history their own symptoms.
Sep 17, 2020 11:02 PM

Aug 2015
I have lived on this earth for 5 decades, so i will tell you what works for me.

I have had plenty of heart aches and bad things in my life as well, and I was suicidal at it's worst, but I am great now, better than ever.

I went through sexual abuse as a child by both older siblings, my mother told me when I was 6 that she never wanted to see me again, and she left the family. I was dealing drugs and living in share houses at 16. I married someone with personality disorder and suffered 10 years of physical and psychological violence.

Shit happens in life to many many people, and yes it does hurt.

What has helped me the most is negation, particularly negation of the ego.

For example I used to suffer severe lonliness. It was crushing, made me anxious, and I used to do damaging things to myself to avoid or dull it, like drinking, smoking, sex and any other distraction.

But with negation, I am very clam, and I can arrest things quickly.

For example: I am lonely. I feel bad. I must do something to control it or improve my situation.

Think of how absurd that is! I am lonely, like there is one who is observing and one who is observerved. There is the I that sees the loneliness, and another who is feeling the loneliness. But it is the same I in both situations. It is absurd to think that the one who is lonely can fix the one who is lonely. If it was so then I wouldn't be lonely!

Once I realise that I am the lonely one, and nothing can be done about it by another fragment of my ego, I was able to sit with it.

Once you can sit with it, and just observe it without any judgement, without any thought, just observe the loneliness in all it's ways, just watching without thinking, then suddenly a peace comes over you, and you realise it is mostly your own mind playing a trick on it's own self.

I went from crushing loneliness to barely ever feeling it.

It is difficult to start it, but once you get it, and apply it, it works with a whole host of issues.

The one who explains it well is Krishnamurti. He has a YT channel - he is past on now, but his videos are there on his official channell.

You really only need to listen to a couple of his vids as they just repeat themselves over, but if you can get it, it may help you immensly.

Best wishes.
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.
Sep 18, 2020 3:10 AM
Jul 2018
PoruMairu said:
I have lived on this earth for 5 decades, so i will tell you what works for me.

I have had plenty of heart aches and bad things in my life as well, and I was suicidal at it's worst, but I am great now, better than ever.

I went through sexual abuse as a child by both older siblings, my mother told me when I was 6 that she never wanted to see me again, and she left the family. I was dealing drugs and living in share houses at 16. I married someone with personality disorder and suffered 10 years of physical and psychological violence.

Shit happens in life to many many people, and yes it does hurt.

What has helped me the most is negation, particularly negation of the ego.

For example I used to suffer severe lonliness. It was crushing, made me anxious, and I used to do damaging things to myself to avoid or dull it, like drinking, smoking, sex and any other distraction.

But with negation, I am very clam, and I can arrest things quickly.

For example: I am lonely. I feel bad. I must do something to control it or improve my situation.

Think of how absurd that is! I am lonely, like there is one who is observing and one who is observerved. There is the I that sees the loneliness, and another who is feeling the loneliness. But it is the same I in both situations. It is absurd to think that the one who is lonely can fix the one who is lonely. If it was so then I wouldn't be lonely!

Once I realise that I am the lonely one, and nothing can be done about it by another fragment of my ego, I was able to sit with it.

Once you can sit with it, and just observe it without any judgement, without any thought, just observe the loneliness in all it's ways, just watching without thinking, then suddenly a peace comes over you, and you realise it is mostly your own mind playing a trick on it's own self.

I went from crushing loneliness to barely ever feeling it.

It is difficult to start it, but once you get it, and apply it, it works with a whole host of issues.

The one who explains it well is Krishnamurti. He has a YT channel - he is past on now, but his videos are there on his official channell.

You really only need to listen to a couple of his vids as they just repeat themselves over, but if you can get it, it may help you immensly.

Best wishes.

Thank you so much for sharing these profound revelations with us. You have indeed suffered and overcome. There should be more testimonies like yours so that people won’t give up and off themselves or anything like that. I am also facing my own demons like sex addiction as you mentioned. We all have trauma and we all try to overcome it in different ways. But some ways only add a new layer of baggage.

@_maneki-neko_ why is your solution to everything always just see a professional and take more pills.
Sep 22, 2020 3:13 AM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Thread locked for breaking Casual Discussion Rule 5
General questions/personal concerns should be posted in our General Advice Thread.

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

48 by cyandaqil »»
54 seconds ago

Poll: » Do you care about your native culture?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 9

46 by scarydragon »»
5 minutes ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

16 by Jozuwa-_- »»
30 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

26 by Meusnier »»
35 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

71 by Meusnier »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.